[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Options

Comments

• baroness2
    baroness2 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Mmm.. I'm not sure. I bought IGs from my hubby about an hour before evening TW (8pm server time). And when I had logged on the IGs were missing but my coin had been returned.

I'm not sure why some people experienced losses and some didn't.

Bad hubby, making you buy IG's b:chuckle
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Theoretically, the tome would go back to the original owner and so would the coin. If that's not the case, then yeah, I'd be making noise.

My post was addressing those who, for instance, hit the jackpot on Sunday with a SoT out of a pack. If the records are corrupt and there is no remaining evidence of that awesome prize, the powers-that-be are not going to go on my say-so, that I really did get a SoT. If they did, everybody would suddenly be found to have hit the jackpot.

It sucks, yeah, but we are going to have to deal with the irreparable suckdom of having permanently lost some stuff.

the 600+ mil i lost, was through such rare artifacts, i dont want to name them here as there would be people putting me in the faking list, but yeah, am in deficit to be exact of 622mil from this toon, and then another 10mil from my shop alt. None of which are returned....

Also some weird points, charm usage never rolled back, Auto-pot timer didn't roll back, TW map didnt roll back.... and i just hope as some one pointed out, that as you are not replying your actually trying to figure how to get things back to normal.....
  • Aritorsha - Archosaur
    Aritorsha - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    baroness2 wrote: »
    Bad hubby, making you buy IG's b:chuckle

b:chuckle He sells me cheap so no complaints here.
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Alot of ppl saying there is some terrible LAG and LAG spikes on Arch server, so..its everything possible now...we shall stop buying and selling and opening stuff b:laugh PWI can you make a DB backup?? like fast..like..NOW? :) so we want loose anymore, btw why dont PWI makes a daily backup of the DB? just wondering
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I hear ya brother and I'm so sorry for you and for all who lost big, last weekend. My losses were modest, in comparison, but I understand the feeling of violation you're experiencing. It goes even beyond the value of that which was lost. It doesn't just suck, it's sucks-squared.

Condolences.

I think people are getting more & more angry as no one from PWI has had at least the decency to give us an update on what's going on b:surrender
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I suspect that Defender of Dreams didn't meet his self-imposed deadline because his superiors were less-than-receptive to his ideas.

Yeah, I'm going to "move on" because I don't think there's anything more to be accomplished here, other than to catch DoD's announcement, if one is forthcoming.

I can't shout PWE into submission and I'm not close enough to go knock on their door. So I'll play on and hope that the resolution to the problems get incrementally better.

i dont know what you mean by moving on, for one thing is sure, am not going to work on my gears or toons any further. 600mil + is a huge loss for a wizard, and with the present market situation with saturation of TT gold mats, even the only farmable instance TT isn't worth it. Yes i will log on to say hi and bye to people as i normally have my toons logged on but thats all about it, i dont even have the money to buy a charm..... thats how much it sucks....
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I specifically said I didn't expect a resolution of issues this morning, but if you say you're going to do something and then don't, it's common courtesy for someone to pop in and give an update. Even if that update is just "still working"
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think people are getting more & more angry as no one from PWI has had at least the decency to give us an update on what's going on b:surrender

Read the first POST, after last update Admin went to slepp cause he is human to and he have work time, he said he will update what he knows today morning(server time), so just be patience and wait for the update.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baroness2
    edited November 2013
    Options

I totally agree with that. We all imagine the worst. I would hate to loose my frozen wishes wings I just traded for this morning. I think I will be ss'ing all my accounts today.
  • macewen
    macewen Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    "We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur as compensation."

I am NOT compensated and do not feel secure enough in your abilities to run the server to waste the time on the 2x. My FAITH in you is the worst damage.

My losses, while not inconsiderable, are minor compared to some. For what it is worth I lost: 150 - 160 Mil in coin from catshop sales of equipment gained from AUE, FW, NW, FC, Lunar..... and not least, opening packs. 2 rare book drops from multiple AEU's, 18 Warsong Inscriptions, 24 Basic Badges, 4 Rotating Cogs of Fate, 162 NW Tokens, 42+ mil Exp across 3 toons, most from the 102 lvl one, a myriad of other minor items, and the faith that this wont happen tomorrow, or next week, or next month. I have spent rl cash on the game and naturally, the vast majority on the ones most effected.

The most galling is the loss of items I purchased and gave to my In-Game wife, who I actually like, unlike my rl ex-wife. The items are gone, the coin I used to buy them are gone, and it looks like they are gone form the sources of purchase.

No, 2x does NOT compensate. How do your earn back trust with that?

I will not be spending any more rl $ until I am compensated to MY satisfaction. I will discourage people from joining the game. Those that I have recommended it to over the 5 years that I have been playing will make their own decisions, but many have already sought my input. If I am not compensated to MY satisfaction I will leave. Most of the server will not cry a tear and my monetary contributions will hardly cause PWI to go bankrupt, but enough of us who do spend rl $, and many in amounts that dwarf my own are doing the same.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Read the first POST, after last update Admin went to slepp cause he is human to and he have work time, he said he will update what he knows today morning(server time), so just be patience and wait for the update.

it's 8.20 PM here ( UK time ) so server time is 12.20pm ( if i'm right? )

12.20pm is afternoon to me
  • kaylam1821
    kaylam1821 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    has DoD said anything yet? he said this morning, and its now afternoon, i just dont want to go read back through all theses posts b:sad
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i dont know what you mean by moving on, for one thing is sure, am not going to work on my gears or toons any further. 600mil + is a huge loss for a wizard, and with the present market situation with saturation of TT gold mats, even the only farmable instance TT isn't worth it. Yes i will log on to say hi and bye to people as i normally have my toons logged on but thats all about it, i dont even have the money to buy a charm..... thats how much it sucks....

It's certainly easier for me to triage my damage and keep going. There are a lot of folks who were devastated, and you appear to be among those hardest hit. Wish I could help but I'm just a poor little archer supporting a whole family of PWI minions.

I hope you find some measure of justice ..... or at least mitigation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaylam1821
    kaylam1821 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    oops nvm guess not. LOL ... anytime PLS
  • Aritorsha - Archosaur
    Aritorsha - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just be patient. GMs are only human. I'm sure they'll come back with a type of response today.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's certainly easier for me to triage my damage and keep going. There are a lot of folks who were devastated, and you appear to be among those hardest hit. Wish I could help but I'm just a poor little archer supporting a whole family of PWI minions.

What was once done... cannot be undone.... but perhaps..... it can still be mittigated....
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • OMGBowPewPew - Archosaur
    OMGBowPewPew - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I suspect that Defender of Dreams didn't meet his self-imposed deadline because his superiors were less-than-receptive to his ideas.

Yeah, I'm going to "move on" because I don't think there's anything more to be accomplished here, other than to catch DoD's announcement, if one is forthcoming.

I can't shout PWE into submission and I'm not close enough to go knock on their door. So I'll play on and hope that the resolution to the problems get incrementally better.

Yah I hear that, I'm going to get drunk farm TT for my factees and hope my proposal for the GMs to do my sins culti for me this time around gets some legs. Good luck everyone b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    Severus_S - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't know if someones knows the average number of people that attend NW on Archosaur, but I think this would be interesting to compare that average to the number of peple that will attend NW this week

I don't have a exact number but the number has been going down as players leave the game. But it is around 180-250 per nation x 4 so there ya go.
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just something to think about while we wait....

People mention about compensation. Great, what a good idea, let's extend x 2 til christmas, let's double the badge drops, let's double the mold drops, list continues...........

HOWEVER

that also benefits the people that have GAINED items so technically, we lose out TWICE as we don't get back what we lost + the people that gain, gain again

just something to think about b:thanks
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yah I hear that, I'm going to get drunk farm TT for my factees and hope my proposal for the GMs to do my sins culti for me this time around gets some legs. Good luck everyone b:victory

PewPew did you manage to re-buy your tome? Surely the seller was still interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options

people know that i had quit for 1 year a while back, got back to game with just 10 million in my stash, and a server filled with r9 +12 toons, i was like a lil ant with tt 99 gears in a swarm of r9 elephants.

From there, in 2 years near about, people see where i stand gear wise, some bit of luck, some hard work farming nirvana and TT, and rest was merchanting items ingame.. after that i had managed to get enough money to prepare for my end game gear closure, and the first step i took, costed me a LOSS of 600+ mil. I really don't seek much help from people normally, though its like a LOT of hardwork and time which got rolled back and rolled over, and the only way i get back to this game actively would be if ONLY they give me that 600mil back OR the items... no way else..
  • Faronex - Archosaur
    Faronex - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Afternoon Is Not Morning
  • mundt72
    mundt72 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Anyone in the I.T. world knows before any maintenance to a server you have a backup. Where was this backup? Why was a rollback necessary? Is it because they did not find the critical error until days later? I been in I.T. for over 20 years and seen some dodgy **** but it is not hard to rollback code to a more stable version and still restore the part of the database that help all the players progress. I hope this is not a start of things to come!

I'm happy to offer my technical skills for free in order to stop nonsense like this from happening again!
    edited November 2013
    Options
    mundt72 wrote: »
    Anyone in the I.T. world knows before any maintenance to a server you have a backup. Where was this backup? Why was a rollback necessary? Is it because they did not find the critical error until days later? I been in I.T. for over 20 years and seen some dodgy **** but it is not hard to rollback code to a more stable version and still restore the part of the database that help all the players progress. I hope this is not a start of things to come!

I'm happy to offer my technical skills for free in order to stop nonsense like this from happening again!

Yes Yes PWI can use my HDDs for daily backup, so if something goes wrong You can do a backup from my HDD b:laugh The secrets will be in good HDD ! b:laugh
    Ohh and i have no idea how to put item IDs in DB so its defintely safe !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • longshadowace1
    longshadowace1 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Times 2 do nothing not good in fc's give items worth the exp & spirit lost & return order point & gear to how it was.Back up the players info at the point of 48 hours every 4 to 6 day I lost 6 day worth.
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    Severus_S - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Here is the big issues you have to compensate
    • Extreme lost of trust
    • Lose of player base
    • Lose of profits due to the above mentioned
    This goes double for any person that heads up, and helps run factions, as now they are faced with helping either there friends, or loyal members. Dealing with being set back, and having everyone in there faction set back. Having to redo possibly long culties like full deltas, or one of your most annoying updates, SOT culti.
    What compensation could be made?
    • Faction base exp/merit returned
    • NW tokens be resent out
    • Exp/Quests done
    • Return of items bought and sold threw AH
    The other items I do not know if there is any way to track them. I am not even sure besides NW tokens if there is any way to track the rest of these items. Frankly I do not think anything will be done, and I would love to be proven wrong. I do think they will put a small band-aid in a huge gapping cut of trust, and except it to settle us down. This in turn will cause more outrage, and even more loss of trust due to there lack of fixing a issue, and poor management of data back up.
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • kla1991
    kla1991 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It did, and I will fully-geared. I worked for days straight to gear up, so yea.. I know what it's like, but get over it, you lost a little XP and some coin, coin which is easy to regain
    To gear up to lv 50 is nothing. Like you said, it takes 2 days. When you've been 100+, been farming since like lv90 for your endgame gear, got all culti/mats/gear/refines/rerolls/gold/boutique item sales/exp% (which is very hard to come by) and waiting to sell things in your catshop...then come back and talk ****.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The other items I do not know if there is any way to track them. I am not even sure besides NW tokens if there is any way to track the rest of these items. Frankly I do not think anything will be done, and I would love to be proven wrong. I do think they will put a small band-aid in a huge gapping cut of trust, and except it to settle us down. This in turn will cause more outrage, and even more loss of trust due to there lack of fixing a issue, and poor management of data back up.

Now that they've rolled things back, I'm not even sure these things can be checked anymore.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baroness2
    edited November 2013
    Options
    think they will put a small band-aid in a huge gapping cut of trust, and except it to settle us down. This in turn will cause more outrage, and even more loss of trust due to there lack of fixing a issue, and poor management of data back up.

The next few days will determine much for the future of this server and the game as a whole I think.

People make mistakes, life happens etc, but it is how it is addressed that really matters in the end.

The developers have a real chance to accomplish something here, let's see if they listen to us and make this right (and maybe even a little better)
  • Faronex - Archosaur
    Faronex - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    still no update i suppose thats y people play wow
    maybe i should go spend 20 a month and not have to worry about this ****
    look i love the game but
    im relatively sure that i hate you gms and your bosses as well as every member attached to your payroll
    never had a good experience out of a gm visit in the first place last time i saw one in game they stole xp from me ****ing ****s
    i never got it back lame *****
    b:angryb:angryb:angry