[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Options

Comments

• baroness2
    baroness2 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I disagree with this. The chances of getting decent items from packs are slimmer than an anorexic on a diet that has fasted for a week tbh. I just want back what i lost from the packs. because after i sold the items, i would have been VERY close to my R9 weapon for my barb, THAT'S why i'm so angry about all this

OK, baring them being able to give be exactly what you got out of packs, what would you consider a fair way to compensate you?

Maybe a 1 time item that guarantees you 1 very rare item (and let's hope the developers keep current with what is really rare, because some things, once rare are pretty much worthless now)
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    baroness2 wrote: »
    OK, baring them being able to give be exactly what you got out of packs, what would you consider a fair way to compensate you?

Maybe a 1 time item that guarantees you 1 very rare item (and let's hope the developers keep current with what is really rare, because some things, once rare are pretty much worthless now)

Good point they should restore gold and compensate with 10 10Mbig notes to all players & free reflection shards/crystals.
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

My items back that i lost is fair compensation

Cloud Fortune Token ( i made Arcane Thought cleric wings from them )

Script of Fate

2 x Garnets

1 x Primeval Stone

Also made sage Beast King Insperation

If i get them back, i'll consider that as 'Compensation' and won't hassle for the 96M i also lost

Ironically, i got another Cloud Fortune Token from a pack i brought this afternoon, but that doesn't make up for what i lost
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Script of Fate

2 x Garnets

1 x Primeval Stone

If i get them back, i'll consider that as 'Compensation' and won't hassle for the 96M i also lost

Ironically, i got another Cloud Fortune Token from a pack i brought this afternoon, but that doesn't make up for what i lost

Yes i got 7 Vit stones, 4x garnet gems LUAD and some more stuff so i want them too back !
    And this way everyone could say whatever they want, you dont have prrof of the items, and you will not get them back, you should know that, its meanless to post these thing, and we should just wait for DODa next update post, and everyone should blame HARDWARE not PWI 2-3 working stuff, cause they dont have money to hire more ppl
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aritorsha - Archosaur
    Aritorsha - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Oh dear lord.. people are still going on about this..

What exactly are you trying to accomplish by raging on here? You really think the GMs are gonna sit here and read all your forum posts and wait to respond? NO. They're doing damage control and trying to fix the issues that happened.

In my honest opinion, no responses from GMs is a good thing.. it means they aren't sitting on their butts trolling these forums instead of trying to fix the issues. If the GMs sat here and responded to every single post none of the issues would get fixed.

IJS.
  • baroness2
    edited November 2013
    Options

Script of Fate

2 x Garnets

1 x Primeval Stone

I don't know what packs you might be buying, but that drop rate is near impossible.

You must have bought literally thousands of packs or have the best luck of anyone on the server.

The problem with people sending in tickets, claiming what they lost, is easy to see. People can claim whatever they want. That will flood the market and make things pretty much worthless. That would destroy the economy.
  • twistediris
    twistediris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I've heard news of a second roll back occuring on top of this one, is this true? if so when is it gonna happen? what will it possibly accompish? b:puzzled
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The problem with that is in identifying what was actually lost and what was claimed to have been lost. Understand that I'm not questioning anyone's veracity or honesty but can you imagine what would happen if PWE told everyone to make a list of everything you lost, with the intention of replacing it all, based on players' claims?

I'd be maxxed out on everything.b:chuckle

But seriously, that's the dilemma. Blame aside, getting our stuff back is wholly dependent on finding a definitive record of what we had.
    I've heard news of a second roll back occuring on top of this one, is this true? if so when is it gonna happen? what will it possibly accompish? b:puzzled

Doubt it. It would compound the chaos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Doubt it. It would compound the chaos.

Yes, they're going to roll Archosaur Server Only to Day 0 and make you start your account all over again. b:laugh

Still waiting on that promised "Update". Time's winding down, PWE, so what's up?
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't know what packs you might be buying, but that drop rate is near impossible.

You must have bought literally thousands of packs or have the best luck of anyone on the server.

The problem with people sending in tickets, claiming what they lost, is easy to see. People can claim whatever they want. That will flood the market and make things pretty much worthless. That would destroy the economy.

I brought 300 Dragon's Luck packs. I got my items & i want them back. I aint interested in other people, i'm just interested in what i lost & getting it back. I really hope this happens to you one day & then you will find out what it feels like to lose decent stuff
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The problem with that is in identifying what was actually lost and what was claimed to have been lost. Understand that I'm not questioning anyone's veracity or honesty but can you imagine what would happen if PWE told everyone to make a list of everything you lost, with the intention of replacing it all, based on players' claims?

But seriously, that's the dilemma. Blame aside, getting our stuff back is wholly dependent on finding a definitive record of what we had.

a scroll of tome cost's 450mil on our server doesn't it ? now lets say, a guy Mr. X bought a scroll of tome and the roll back took the tome back but didn't return the money for it. So he lost his tome and his money, fine, no issues, no1 can prove he had the tome, give the freaking money back atleast ?

see, the GM's made the sht happen, so they going to take the sht back....
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Identifying what May or maynot be lost would be simple. IF and I do mean IF they have the data from the old character database, the one they overwrote with the back up, it would be as simple as comparing the two and adding the items that no longer existed, the difference in money, and difference in Exp.

Think of it like a super spreadsheet.

However, if that table is corrupted, and the data is scewed, they may have the problem of one person's inventory having a maxed number of bank notes that they shouldn't have, along with a stack of Emperors, and full r9rr gear, and the only clue that they have to this toon not actually having it is the fact that the account was made just prior to the reset.
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I brought 300 Dragon's Luck packs. I got my items & i want them back. I aint interested in other people, i'm just interested in what i lost & getting it back. I really hope this happens to you one day & then you will find out what it feels like to lose decent stuff

There's nothing to be accomplished by lashing out at other players. We all want back what we lost. Understanding what's possible is a necessary discomfort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Options
    There's nothing to be accomplished by lashing out at other players. We all want back what we lost. Understanding what's possible is a necessary discomfort.

I'm not lashing out, just stating a fact is all.

After years of playing, you get so close to the 1 item you want. You took a gamble with packs & it paid off. Then something happens & you lose it all. How would you feel? Quite possibly the same as me i'm guessing
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    a scroll of tome cost's 450mil on our server doesn't it ? now lets say, a guy Mr. X bought a scroll of tome and the roll back took the tome back but didn't return the money for it. So he lost his tome and his money, fine, no issues, no1 can prove he had the tome, give the freaking money back atleast ?

Theoretically, the tome would go back to the original owner and so would the coin. If that's not the case, then yeah, I'd be making noise.

My post was addressing those who, for instance, hit the jackpot on Sunday with a SoT out of a pack. If the records are corrupt and there is no remaining evidence of that awesome prize, the powers-that-be are not going to go on my say-so, that I really did get a SoT. If they did, everybody would suddenly be found to have hit the jackpot.

It sucks, yeah, but we are going to have to deal with the irreparable suckdom of having permanently lost some stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ihibari
    ihibari Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I just want my RRR9 stats back. I lost over 100 badges as well and 2x doesn't give 2x badges..and I hate farming Full Warsong more than Full Delta. I've re-made and re-rolled my weapon and got horrible **** stats as predicted. Not to mention all the exp, my other gears I crafted, over 80m and multiple levels losses on my alts.

Just give me decent stats and I'll shutup or at least badges x2 to make my life less painful...b:cry
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Identifying what May or maynot be lost would be simple. IF and I do mean IF they have the data from the old character database, the one they overwrote with the back up, it would be as simple as comparing the two and adding the items that no longer existed, the difference in money, and difference in Exp.

Think of it like a super spreadsheet.

However, if that table is corrupted, and the data is scewed, they may have the problem of one person's inventory having a maxed number of bank notes that they shouldn't have, along with a stack of Emperors, and full r9rr gear, and the only clue that they have to this toon not actually having it is the fact that the account was made just prior to the reset.

If they had clean enough tables to make a reliable comparison, we would not have rolled back to begin with. They aren't going to make guesses and they aren't going to investigate ambiguous evidence on a player-by-player basis.

The problem with a DB crash is that the reliability of available data crashes with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baroness2
    edited November 2013
    Options

From everything I have heard, read and experienced, Catshop sales were reversed, so any items were returned to the seller and any money was returned to the buyer. Is this untrue?
    edited November 2013
    Options
    From everything I have heard, read and experienced, Catshop sales were reversed, so any items were returned to the seller and any money was returned to the buyer. Is this untrue?

This is definately untrue as i had coins disappear too. Ticket was sent in straight away about this when i first saw what happened.
  • baroness2
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ihibari wrote: »
    I just want my RRR9 stats back. I lost over 100 badges as well and 2x doesn't give 2x badges..and I hate farming Full Warsong more than Full Delta. I've re-made and re-rolled my weapon and got horrible **** stats as predicted. Not to mention all the exp, my other gears I crafted, over 80m and multiple levels losses on my alts.

Just give me decent stats and I'll shutup or at least badges x2 to make my life less painful...b:cry

See this is what I am talking about. I know many people have lost badges, me included. Have the 2x drops include badges and molds.

There is no perfect answer, but maybe as a community we can come up with ideas that will at least ease the pain.
  • Aritorsha - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options

I think it was selective. All items I had purchased and sold were reversed, but I have heard of others experiencing item and coin losses.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm not lashing out, just stating a fact is all.

After years of playing, you get so close to the 1 item you want. You took a gamble with packs & it paid off. Then something happens & you lose it all. How would you feel? Quite possibly the same as me i'm guessing

I don't begrudge you your hurt or your anger. They're both well-justified.

But "I really hope this happens to you one day", is not stating fact.

Other than the trolls who have dropped by to stir the pot, everybody here is simply processing a bad situation. Some rant. Some curse. Some wail. Some rationalize and some simply try to help understand the situation we're in.

No recent posters wish you ill. We all wish there was an easy fix to get you (and all of us) what we earned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You guys have an interesting definition of 'morning'. We all know how much is spent on this game, it's pretty ridiculous to pretend like it's asking too much to have one GM or higher employee pop in every few hours to say, "Hey we know this is bad, and we're running behind our own self-imposed time frame, but just letting you know we haven't forgotten." In the face of catastrophic failure, a little empathy could go a long way.

or you could, you know, keep leaving your hard-working volunteer moderators take the brunt of the abuse for your giant corporation. I'm sure that looks just as professional.

My mains are on Lost City. I was pretty lucky on Arch, I lost maybe 4-5 levels spread out on a few characters, and of course some dailies. I'm ok with what I lost. It doesn't change the fact that people lost thousands of hours of hard work, or that this us a huge and unprecedented failure on PWI's part. Everyone acting like it wouldn't be a big deal if it happened on their server NEXT are probably right, you've gotten a clear message you need to SS everything because the game can't be trusted. You've gotten advance warning, which I'm sure Arch would have appreciated. It would be interesting to see what happened if they DID roll back another server, to see how unprepared and pissed off people would be even though they had every reason and opportunity to document their inventories.

I also disagree with the people who say it's important to move on. It's still happening. If you break your leg, you go to a hospital and get it set before you try to get back into your jogging schedule. After we get our final damage report, we can tell exactly how much we need to get over.
  • Faronex - Archosaur
    Faronex - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    definatly in the afternoon now still no update on my **** i want it back

NOW I WANT IT I WORKED FOR IT GIVE IT BACK b:angry
  • baroness2
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think it was selective. All items I had purchased and sold were reversed, but I have heard of others experiencing item and coin losses.

I am wondering if it was a very specific occurrence, location or what have you that caused that to happen. Maybe the trade happened right at the exact time the roll back was set. That transaction would be lost in the ether so to speak.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't begrudge you your hurt or your anger. They're both well-justified.

But "I really hope this happens to you one day", is not stating fact.

Other than the trolls who have dropped by to stir the pot, everybody here is simply processing a bad situation. Some rant. Some curse. Some wail. Some rationalize and some simply try to help understand the situation we're in.

No recent posters wish you ill. We all wish there was an easy fix to get you (and all of us) what we earned.

hmmm i understand your point, but i was so CLOSE to my R9 barb weapon, only to have it taken away hurts, let alone makes me angry. I can't afford to replace the items i lost & i bet it will be AT LEAST another 12 months to 2 YEARS before i can get it again so perhaps you can see it from MY point of view too
  • Aritorsha - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I am wondering if it was a very specific occurrence, location or what have you that caused that to happen. Maybe the trade happened right at the exact time the roll back was set. That transaction would be lost in the ether so to speak.

Mmm.. I'm not sure. I bought IGs from my hubby about an hour before evening TW (8pm server time). And when I had logged on the IGs were missing but my coin had been returned.

I'm not sure why some people experienced losses and some didn't.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I suspect that Defender of Dreams didn't meet his self-imposed deadline because his superiors were less-than-receptive to his ideas.

Yeah, I'm going to "move on" because I don't think there's anything more to be accomplished here, other than to catch DoD's announcement, if one is forthcoming.

I can't shout PWE into submission and I'm not close enough to go knock on their door. So I'll play on and hope that the resolution to the problems get incrementally better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aritorsha - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I suspect that Defender of Dreams didn't meet his self-imposed deadline because his superiors were less-than-receptive to his ideas.

Yeah, I'm going to "move on" because I don't think there's anything more to be accomplished here, other than to catch DoD's announcement, if one is forthcoming.

I can't shout PWE into submission and I'm not close enough to go knock on their door. So I'll play on and hope that the resolution to the problems get incrementally better.

+1 to this.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    hmmm i understand your point, but i was so CLOSE to my R9 barb weapon, only to have it taken away hurts, let alone makes me angry. I can't afford to replace the items i lost & i bet it will be AT LEAST another 12 months to 2 YEARS before i can get it again so perhaps you can see it from MY point of view too

I hear ya brother and I'm so sorry for you and for all who lost big, last weekend. My losses were modest, in comparison, but I understand the feeling of violation you're experiencing. It goes even beyond the value of that which was lost. It doesn't just suck, it's sucks-squared.

Condolences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]