New PW Expansion (PWCN: Glory and Rebirth)

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone know if higher level pve content is available on a reincarnated toon? For ex, could a level 1 reincarnated toon do 100+ pv?
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    stevocr0 wrote: »
    the reincarnation system seems like a total bullshyt to me and another slap in the face to all people that didnt use FC glitch to level

There are also plenty of people who got to 105 through hard work and they deserve the extra benefits :P

It's not completely clarified though so hold your horses.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just hope leveling up after reincarnating is just as exciting and expensive as leveling up now b:victory b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just hope leveling up after reincarnating is just as exciting and expensive as leveling up now b:victory b:avoid

Funny story...If I remember correctly; reincarnating will net you 2x exp from 1-99.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Funny story...If I remember correctly; reincarnating will net you 2x exp from 1-99.
    So when 2x is on you get 4x?
    Or does it cancel out?

This sounds like fun.
    More stat points to restat with so a wiz can get 900 in magic at end game instead of 800?
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That Reincarnation thing will ruin the game... b:sad

Do you know what would be funny?

If the day after every 105 reincarnated they closed frost and PV and these guys had to grind it out to get back just to 101 to wear their R9 gear again....

roflmao
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2013

If the day after every 105 reincarnated they closed frost and PV and these guys had to grind it out to get back just to 101 to wear their R9 gear again....

roflmao

except apparently you still get to wear your gear after reverting back to level 1
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    except apparently you still get to wear your gear after reverting back to level 1

I tut only gear that didn't depend on stats would be able to be used after reincarnation, which would mean r9rr gear would be un-wearable.. R8r would be wearable tho ^^

This and this seems to support that ^^

Tho maybe the gear still is usable and it's just red cause they didn't change just that part, which wouldn't be very surprising at all xD
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    even if the gear goes red, an archer can wear their full gears around lvl 26-30, if he was 105 with maxed out toon prior to reincarnation - probly like same for others.. I just only looked at my own stat points needed... thats under 30 mins of lvling to wear gear again.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited October 2013

roflmao

bring it on !!!

zhening again... nom nom nom !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • FlyingStab - Archosaur
    FlyingStab - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    harajuku91 wrote: »
    so at 103 ull get 42 points , 10 points for each high lvl 104 52 and 105= 62

which is good and make a difference.

http://blog-imgs-62.fc2.com/r/u/s/rustrust/10021381919994837.jpg

http://blog-imgs-62.fc2.com/r/u/s/rustrust/cfca454e9258d109eed3be94d358ccbf6c814d05.jpg

So basically u get 10 stats but u loose the stats from ur current till ur "historic" lvl. Lets say a lvl105 reincarnate and go back to lvl101, then he will get 5*100 from leveling up + 62 stats because historically he was 105 for a total of 562 on the new 101 reincarnated char when he use to have 104*5=520 stats (true final differece its 42 stats). Same case but if the char was 104 and reincarnate till lvl 101 is 5*100 from leveling up +52 stats for a total 552 and he use to have 5*103=515 stats (true final dif is 37 stats).

What im trying to point out is that, unless u go back all the way back to ur historic lvl, (which if its lvl105 isnt something easy) u get a true stat difference from being previously high lvl of 5 stats points if u do just 1 reincarnation. Now that will change dramatically if u planning to make multiple reincarnation as im sure many people are planning since it was confirmed u could do it.

If ur plan is just go to lvl100 so u can reincarnate multiple times again u will be granted with 62 stats each time compared with geting just 32 if u are 102 or i guess just 22 if u use to be just 101. So if the only stats accumulative over reincarnations are those an historical lvl105 will be getting 2x more stats points each reincarnation compared to a 102 and 3x compared to a 101. To be more specific an rrr9 archer have usually between 55 to 60% crit, so it need 800 to 900 more dex to reach the 100% crit rate goal. If u was previously a lvl105 u are going to need about 14 to 15 reincarnations to reach the 100% crit mark, meanwhile a lvl101 will need 37 to 41 runs and a lvl102 will need 25 to 28 runs.

All this have 2 sides, first side is the people that use to complain about the supposed "credit card kids" that just pay a bit of gold and they are much stronger than the people that put a lot of hard work. For those people the game has just gave u an opportunity, if u do ur best to reach lvl105 and then u do reincarnation system more times than the "rich" kid u will catch up the gear difference and beat him. Now u have to check the other part, a lot of those rrr9 arent just kid with credit card, many of them are use to hard work to improve their chars and for those people doing multiple reincarnations will not be a problem, so the gap between the hard worked rrr9 and a casual player is going to become extrem.

PD: for people wondering when rrr9 is going to be able to use all his set again the answer is about 2 to 3 minutes, the time it take to click on 20x Morais 100k exp pills.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So let me get this straight....

You can reincarnate not once, not twice, but an unlimited number of times, each for more stat points?

Tell me I'm missing something, because if I'm wrong, that would award people who no-life the game and basically turn this game into an absolute grindfest without pause or an ending. Such a system would be terrible because there's always, ALWAYS someone willing to no-life the system and take it to the extreme.

They'd be kidding themselves if they think we wouldn't see wizards and Psys with 100% crit rate because they literally started dumping points into Dex....
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If multiple reincarnations are allowed, does it change what your historical high was? Let's just say I reincarnate my 103BM, I loeve him up to 102 again, then I decide to reincarnate once more, does my historical level become 102 after the second reincarnation since I didn't go 103?
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A few things need to be clarified about reincarnation system. Is the max reincarnated level 105 or is it 99 like the 1st post says. Does your historical level change after subsequent reincarnations. Is there some sort of cap on stats or is it unlimited. Since it looks like you can reincarnate over and over is there some sort of diminished returns on reincarnation to make it not worth doing an uber amount of times. While I think the reincarnation system looks kind of interesting I agree with Longknife that this could be trouble.
  • kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    when will it be available for our pwi ?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Unknown, but not for months. My guess would be around February.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2013

No announced date, 2-4 months, so probably around the new year, tax time, more revenue for PWE
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So when 2x is on you get 4x?
    Or does it cancel out?

This sounds like fun.
    More stat points to restat with so a wiz can get 900 in magic at end game instead of 800?

Well now, I don't think I want to be around for this update O.o In the bright side, if you can reincarnate many times.... Nothing stopping bms from having a couple thousand vit.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    If this reincarnation thing really has end game players jump back to level 1, just to go through a new map to build up again, just to go through the so far intended world again, or just to fc powerlevel over and over and over till our nutz pop out of our eye sockets... Then it is the death of PWI. Their options are at this moment :

1. Fix PWI based on current state. But of course they would not think of listening to the players.

2. Begin a new version of PWI. But of course that means dumping this game all together and losing their cash cows.

... So now it appears as if they are taking a third option no one even remotely considered as a possibility at all... A system where end game characters can stay in the game they paid so much into, but are basicly forced to go back to level 1 in order to compete with those that will absolutely take advantage of extra points from using this system as it currently sounds.

Realistically, this should have been seen approaching, as it really does fit right into their "lets add a ceiling that is nuckin futz again that only a small few will ever be able to attain." PWI NEVER considers the majority of their player population whatsoever. This is just a continuation of that trend... again, from what it sounds like so far.

On one extreme they handed R$ Godmode to everyone that has a credit card, leaving no chance for anyone else to stand a chance that has an average income, with the exception of those of us whom have a laptop, live in a cardboard box, stealing electric and wifi, while already having sold our cars, houses, kids, bodies, and souls for anything competitive (it might be true)...

And now on the other extreme, they sound like they are giving their true free to play "PWI is my life" people Infinite Stats, leaving no chance for anyone with jobs. Sure, we can cs more to powerlevel... but even that is not likely time-wise with how long it takes to find anything (be it squads or powerleveling) if you have a steady job...

Think ima go play wit myself now... at least that game gives me something to show for after an instance b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If this reincarnation thing really has end game players jump back to level 1, just to go through a new map to build up again, just to go through the so far intended world again, or just to fc powerlevel over and over and over till our nutz pop out of our eye sockets... Then it is the death of PWI. Their options are at this moment :

well the thing is this was a very popular trait in a lot of highly successful mmos, namely korean ones, well not infinite rebirth afaik, but limited number of times one

additionally to rebirth or get the extra stats in the screenshots it seems you need some item... wonder the chances its a boutique item...hmm...hmm...
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I find it improbable that any developer in their right mind would think endless rebirths would be a good idea in a game for 2013. I do believe that it's just like the meridian system, you can have up to a number of cycles of rebirth. Doing it over and over again would be insane and idiotic.
    We just have to wait and see exactly what will be available for re-birthed characters and how they are going to deal with certain aspects of the game- for me, BH 100 is an important source of income, and I wouldn't go back to lvl 1 and not be able to do it if there wasn't something rewarding, besides stat points, available as a stimulus. I know many, many others depend on the little income BH 100 brings, so they should really think about that.
    I am sure the new map and new dungeons will play an important role in the rebirth of a character, so I'll eagerly await for details on how exactly things go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    well, im definitely gonna wait around and see what comes... but at the moment... im not that optimistic about it... it sounds like its gonna be great or completely bomb... and given pwi's track record so far b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Personally, I have nightmares from trying to level from 102 to 105 let alone start all over again. I will do it if I have to though.

On the other hand, unless this thing is so game breaking I won't bother with alts..this is just too much x.x

I remember Bubbles mentioning being able to reincarnate up to 5 times. You probably missed that part.

I won't judge until we get more information on this though because I, too, don't believe the developers would be so stupid as to mess up with something like this...well I can see how people could use the extra stats on Mag/Dex/Str to get insane damage while others throw all on Vit so they can survive that damage but..we don't need more things to break this game. Might as well just play a private server then, OP gear is free there!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2013

1. Fix PWI based on current state. But of course they would not think of listening to the players.

2. Begin a new version of PWI. But of course that means dumping this game all together and losing their cash cows.

... So now it appears as if they are taking a third option no one even remotely considered as a possibility at all... A system where end game characters can stay in the game they paid so much into, but are basicly forced to go back to level 1 in order to compete with those that will absolutely take advantage of extra points from using this system as it currently sounds.

Realistically, this should have been seen approaching, as it really does fit right into their "lets add a ceiling that is nuckin futz again that only a small few will ever be able to attain." PWI NEVER considers the majority of their player population whatsoever. This is just a continuation of that trend... again, from what it sounds like so far.

On one extreme they handed R$ Godmode to everyone that has a credit card, leaving no chance for anyone else to stand a chance that has an average income, with the exception of those of us whom have a laptop, live in a cardboard box, stealing electric and wifi, while already having sold our cars, houses, kids, bodies, and souls for anything competitive (it might be true)...

And now on the other extreme, they sound like they are giving their true free to play "PWI is my life" people Infinite Stats, leaving no chance for anyone with jobs. Sure, we can cs more to powerlevel... but even that is not likely time-wise with how long it takes to find anything (be it squads or powerleveling) if you have a steady job...

Think ima go play wit myself now... at least that game gives me something to show for after an instance b:cute

the era of QQ has started.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Dafuq have you been? Apparently you visit the forums very little... so b:quiet if you dun know what you talking about b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just started? That's how it's always been.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Well said, I've also heard about a person losing their house on my server for ingame packs.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Well said, I've also heard about a person losing their house on my server for ingame packs.
    holy ****... i was only joking about THAT b:shocked ...kinda b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Really now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I remember Bubbles mentioning being able to reincarnate up to 5 times. You probably missed that part.

I've never said that.

At the very least there'll be a stat cap, though I don't know what the cap is for the current version of pw.
    Perhaps there'll be diminishing returns on each reincarnation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.