New PW Expansion (PWCN: Glory and Rebirth)

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've never said that.

At the very least there'll be a stat cap, though I don't know what the cap is for the current version of pw.
    Perhaps there'll be diminishing returns on each reincarnation.

Hm O.o I remember someone stating it. Maybe it was Asterelle? or someone else who joined did translations.

I'm too lazy to check though but I know someone said it or I wouldn't be remembering.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • angrysin
    angrysin Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    holy ****... i was only joking about THAT b:shocked ...kinda b:avoid

Well it's true. I would say thought that the person needs professional help though. When you spend a couple hundred grand on a game. You know something's wrong...
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've never said that.

At the very least there'll be a stat cap, though I don't know what the cap is for the current version of pw.
    Perhaps there'll be diminishing returns on each reincarnation.

It has diminishing returns either way, in relative sense the least. 60 points to 500 is a lot more than that 60 into 1k or higher. But yea, there has to be reasonable cap. Meh, I so hope reincarnation level cap is 99 and not 105, would sound bit extreme to go back to 105 over and over again <.<.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hm O.o I remember someone stating it. Maybe it was Asterelle? or someone else who joined did translations.

I'm too lazy to check though but I know someone said it or I wouldn't be remembering.
    Yeah, I remember reading someone saying that the reincarnation back to level 1 was 5x somewhere also... only other thing is maybe someone used that as an example for whatever reason, and that it was not information? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Reincarnation sounds awful, they should allow you to use all of your gear at level 1. So we don't have to buy more gear over and over. Belts and accessories are fine, but why not just let us use our armor we worked a long time to get. And they shouldn't make the amount of points you get back based on your level otherwise to be completely endgame you need to get to 105, then reincarnate, get back to 105, over and over
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You know I think it would have been better if we couldnt wear our current gear. We could all dig up our old green HH and mold armors to wear- would have been so much fun! b:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Pro Tip: Stock up on http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/21843

35k xp and no level requirement. It will be pretty easy to get to level 50 with opening those. If you have a NW tome you'll be able to wear full R999 from the start.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2013

35k xp and no level requirement. It will be pretty easy to get to level 50 with opening those. If you have a NW tome you'll be able to wear full R999 from the start.

But R999 has a level requirement of 101 so how will you be able to wear it from the start? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    But R999 has a level requirement of 101 so how will you be able to wear it from the start? b:surrender

Reincarnation takes into account your previous/historic level. It's why you'll still be able to wear your accessories and what not.
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ahh ok, thank you for the answer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Its gonna be fun day when expansion hits then, all those damn chests to open, like a 2nd Xmas! Thanks for info though, wouldnt of noticed the lack of level req myself.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    EDIT: Found the recipees to make the books: http://i.imgur.com/YzRFAqc.png
    All classes have like 4 new books that come in 2 varieties (assuming demon / sage).
    You need from 10 - 60 of the thing on the right and 1 of the thing on the left
    The thing on the left is different for each book.

sorry if this sounds dumb, besides those 2 types of ingredients, you need the actual demon/sage skillbook?. what i mean is that even if you have the skill learned, you need the book again to actually upgrade?

another thing, after rebirth you can't revert back to 100+? and if so, you still have access to all of the old map including caves and stuff? moreover TW and NW? ty in advance.
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Wouldn't these work too then?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/25981

That would achieve level 43 in 20 clicks. (Max per day.)
    210 stat points => enough to wear full caster R9RR armor at least.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah will work. I'm gonna save some.
    Heh, R9r3 at lvl 43 P: fancy.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Will this work with r8r as it does r8/r9? So we can wear r8r upon reincarnation?
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide
    MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ok so 2 questions, one when does the new expansion come out for Raging Tide servers? and 2: How do we get those pretty new weapons??? I LOVE the look of the new Glaives!!b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] TTFN! b:chuckle
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ok so 2 questions, one when does the new expansion come out for Raging Tide servers? and 2: How do we get those pretty new weapons??? I LOVE the look of the new Glaives!!b:pleased
    Allow me to redirect you to the answer for both your questions:
    Clicky
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    List of stat point increases for highest level achieved from Japanese blog post:
    100: 20
    101: 25
    102: 32
    103: 42
    104: 56
    105: 76

Other tidbits: Experience is multiplied by 4 after reincarnation (this stacks additively with hyper stones, so reincarnation + hyper would give 15x, not 48x)

As far as number of times you can reincarnate, the blog uses a term that translates variously time and again, numerous times, or a number of times. Assuming his translation is accurate, I'd say you can reincarnate many times (much more than 5 that some people have been citing.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    List of stat point increases for highest level achieved from Japanese blog post:

Other tidbits: Experience is multiplied by 4 after reincarnation (this stacks additively with hyper stones, so reincarnation + hyper would give 15x, not 48x)

As far as number of times you can reincarnate, the blog uses a term that translates variously time and again, numerous times, or a number of times. Assuming his translation is accurate, I'd say you can reincarnate many times (much more than 5 that some people have been citing.)

Patch notes made it sound like it was 2x.

If the Japanese blog saying this, then that might be the case considering they have info on actual people doing this.

I'll review all of this when I get back home...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I'm sure that after each reincarnation, the amount of stat points aquired you get will decrease, if you can do it more than 5times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    This might be where the 5 reincarnation idea came from:

If a player's level is greater than or equal to pet's level - 35 - (number of reincarnations * 5), the pet can be summoned.

(Again, translated from Japanese blog post.)

I anticipate a brisk business in level 40+ pets the first day this expansion goes live here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If your old level is recorded when you reincarnate, does that mean the exp orbs you get from BH2 could be stocked up and used when you're level 1?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Dunno, I haven't seen a mention of that or anything similar.

The things the blog says definitely are changed from character level to historical highest level:
    Stealth and stealth detection level
    Level restriction of Meridian system etc.
    Level restriction of learning skills etc.
    Level restrictions on the 5... I think that's levels of apothecary medicines
    Level restrictions on entering Nation Wars and ... I think that's Morai
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    two short questions because i cant dig through 66 pages now :S

1) i see you guys are trying to find ways to level up fast, after the reincarnation..whats the reason for that? will fc be disabled? cant we just ask or use a non reincarnaed sin to clear 1-2 fc for us?

2nd) is it 100% confirmed that there is a benefit from leveling to 105 before the reincarnation or would it be a waste to level my alts to 105 now?

thank you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    two short questions because i cant dig through 66 pages now :S

1) i see you guys are trying to find ways to level up fast, after the reincarnation..whats the reason for that? will fc be disabled? cant we just ask or use a non reincarnaed sin to clear 1-2 fc for us?

2nd) is it 100% confirmed that there is a benefit from leveling to 105 before the reincarnation or would it be a waste to level my alts to 105 now?

thank you :)

1.) no one knows, speculations, and it's easier to right click an item in general than running multiple big rooms, so why not use items as well... Though who knows, maybe they do something with FC, maybe not...

2.) apparently higher level = more stat points while reincarnated, but that has to be confirmed, so far I only saw a screenshot of someone who was 102 and when he/she reincarnated got 32 (or so around that) stat points at level 1 to allocate.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I get 5-6 runs on my archer in 15 mins. Hit me up ingame sometime if you want, I'll do a set with you so you can see how I do mine.

Thanks J. I'll do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited October 2013

so are those all the stats you get from leveling from 1-100 all over again or just what you get to start off with again at lvl 1?
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    so are those all the stats you get from leveling from 1-100 all over again or just what you get to start off with again at lvl 1?

Those are stats you can allocate when you are level 1 through reincarnation.
    So level 100 -> 1 = 20 points you can allocate at level 1
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Actually now that I think about ir soloing FCC would be pretty easy even at level 40 with full R999 and would probably beat PV until PV100. If those bonus stat point values are right you get the most stat point per total XP at level 101. If you push things I think you could hit that in 2-3 weeks? That's 50 xp points a month with no upper limit? You'd see sins with 1000 dex inside of 5 months.

I hope I'm missing something and there is some limit to this nonsense.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Those are stats you can allocate when you are level 1 through reincarnation.
    So level 100 -> 1 = 20 points you can allocate at level 1

ok cool, I hope there is a cap on stats or reincarnations. Because if not this will be extremely broken. But then again.... this is pwi.... so ill hold my breath.
This discussion has been closed.