Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Comments

• Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think the "PvP" its just an excuse. People who wants to PvP in a PvE Server(lol) can go to the Theatre event EVERY day not just 2 times a week, they have Cube, they have TW.

Its just an excuse, the real reason that some people are happy its because they can get their gear easily, but they put up the excuse of "PvP".

Now a question, if NW was only for "fun" (no rewards or minor rewards) would so many people participate?

I bet most of happy people are just happy that they don't have to work for their gear as we did,PvP its an excuse.
    All these false-moralistic people who criticize others to being greedy and been farming Nirvana for money are NO different, they just go to NW for rewards (Rewards = money in another form). Only a minority would go to NW if was ONLY for fun.

I'm one of those persons who went to NW for the rewards, I enjoyed the reward more than the event b:laugh
    For me its fun for once in a while like TW. And to be honest i would not go every time if there were no rewards. b:avoid
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok I guess we can break it down to following facts:

Negative:

-PPL that live in a different timezone might get screwed big time, though that is just if u compare them to the ones that actually win high in NW.

-PPL that have personal reasons for not participating in a pk event are also screwed, but due to their own fault, imo. (All got the same chances to participate (cept ones above mentioned) if u dont take that chance, may the reasons whatever they might be, it's your own business)

-Nirvana instances is dead and even if they change the rewarding system, the dmg dealt will just slowly recover, but that could lead to even more Cashshop business, because now the ones that couldn't get anything they wanted from NW will be eager to get their gears to be competitive, at least some of them.

Positive:

-A new amazing Event where u can have fun with ur friends and still all ur pking needs

-Demand for Squad-based instances like Warsong...(lemme see someone solo all pavs at once :P) You need at least 5 ppl in your Squad to go through warsong, not able to be soloed^^

-Other Farming Sources open up again (TT, Lunar, Warsong, and maybe others in the near future)

-The Common Player-Power raises drastically which leads to more competitive gameplay

- Many ppl can have the gears they dreamed about for so long, which makes them happy, at least for a while

- U can still have way better gears then G16, but with way more effort to gain and much less OP then the situation before with TT90->TT99->r8->r9

Well if u look at it like this it brings more benefits clearly and surely some ppl will see it differently but hey? When were many humans at least one time on the same opinion before in human history?

EDIT: I wanna add one good thing. PPL are merely forced to work for at least the best part of their endgame gear...yeah sure some ppl are selling badges and molds from warsong but the majority has to at least work a lil bit for their gears thus they can't do so alone^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Frist of all I dont see how u bring in real life as a question. Doesnt games take real life effort and time? Ya they do, hence being a part of your so called real life. Whats on the screen may not be real, but it takes your real life to be part of it I believe. How people react and handle it you should see right now.

Honestly by the looks of this, theyll bring out new endgame gear that will once again take time, it's basically how they earn their main cash as I doubt anyone still seriously buys 80% of the other stuff in the boutique. With gear that demands gold as new norm (many will now want r9>to get cheap s3r9 just to be a bit different than the s3 nirv), they earn more as a company for a while. Seen as everything needing high end refines/transfer items and shards from packs comes from gold.

Then they'll just to do this again. Seems their way of working and with this update along with the r8 one, people have figured out their pattern to the point of making them not willing to do it anymore. PWI isnt getting as many new players as they once were, and making more and more of the old very active ones leave on upset terms, isnt gonna benefit any of the ones who still enjoy it imo, neither their other games as players refrain from returning to the ones who lead them rather than the games themselves.

Also as stated before by others, if it wasnt for the rewards, I doubt as many would still go.
    Nirvana is dead, why? The reward has been removed. People didnt spam it cause they loved it, they spammed it to acchieve stuff. The minority who did it cause they enjoyed it, most certainly didnt spam it as that takes the fun away. Same as trials soon will become useless unless changed, atleast to an extent as many will not chose to participate due to not being rewarding enough. Another PVE joy killer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I feel sorry for the faction leaders who spent billions to make up a base so they could do trials and then they get this....slap in the face

My main is in a faction which used to do trials on a weekly basis(not very dedicated but still we did them)...it suddenly went from a "Trial Faction" to a "Nonsense faction"
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • dudeman121
    dudeman121 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well I for one would miss out on NW most times unless I'm awake due to it being at 4:20am for me but still no complaining here as I knew before I even joined the game that it is mainly run on American timezone, yes we now have EU servers too but even then nobody is forcing you to play the game and even IF NW was on a better time for many people then the people on American timezone would complain due to missing out due to being too early.

People can still do other runs as much as they used to do also as its still income for doing a run, just less due to prices.. Did anyone really see it as fair that so many people were being alienated before because of greed. People simply running vana over and over to gain more mats to sell, raising the prices! Lets face it the entire thing was getting out of hand with prices on a lot of things rising due to greed. Since new content I've already been seeing a drop in price on a lot of stuff.
    I have personally seen a lot of 100+ that have been stuck with 70-90 gear (and that took them ages) purely because they cant afford the high prices and couldn't gain any sort of coin/mats due to people not wanting them because of their gear, prices were so high it would take them months of grinding NOT instance runs. This was very very unfair to those who try hard only for some greedy Vana/TT/Lunar spammers to **** them over every damn time. I think its great they can finally join us and who knows could even prove to have better skill than some of the "best" players on our servers

Lastly people saying that others will miss out due to not being able to do NW I fail to see why when things are cheaper meaning less money to try and farm to make your gear, it is not PW's fault you can't make it o.o Yes people can't make as much money as those people able to attend but seriously lol... Some of us have to work **** hours compared to others in the real world.. Does that make it unfair? People who can go on holiday many times a year and others are lucky if they can once, is that unfair? NO!!
    I can't show empathy to people who just sit and moan about everything and want someone else to fix everything for them.. Simple solution sitting here moaning about it won't fix nothing in regards to that, you have other options.. Change to a more time appropriate server, manage time so you can go to NW or just get over it.

It's as bad as those people who complain to others that their job sucks or that they're fat.. Well fix it then o.O
  • dudeman121
    edited November 2012
    I feel sorry for the faction leaders who spent billions to make up a base so they could do trials and then they get this....slap in the face

My main is in a faction which used to do trials on a weekly basis(not very dedicated but still we did them)...it suddenly went from a "Trial Faction" to a "Nonsense faction"

I thought they built it up for base buffs, scrolls etc not for trials and ye trials has taken a hit for the moment but it should settle sooner or later.. My fac does them purely cus we find it fun and doing stuff as a fac, it is a shame mats from boss and chest will be harder to sell granted as we had trials splits for all those who attended that trial but still nothing concrete yet on what we're deciding on doing. We are thinking multiple squads running AEU, TT, Warsong etc just to get people geared up and leveling too/just for fun
    edited November 2012
    dudeman121 wrote: »
    Lastly people saying that others will miss out due to not being able to do NW I fail to see why when things are cheaper meaning less money to try and farm to make your gear, it is not PW's fault you can't make it o.o Yes people can't make as much money as those people able to attend but seriously lol... Some of us have to work **** hours compared to others in the real world.. Does that make it unfair? People who can go on holiday many times a year and others are lucky if they can once, is that unfair? NO!!
    I can't show empathy to people who just sit and moan about everything and want someone else to fix everything for them.. Simple solution sitting here moaning about it won't fix nothing in regards to that, you have other options.. Change to a more time appropriate server, manage time so you can go to NW or just get over it.

It's as bad as those people who complain to others that their job sucks or that they're fat.. Well fix it then o.O

You're comparing a job where you work at late hours and being PAID for it to a game? b:bye

And do you use that philosophy "adapt or get over it" in real life too?, so if your boss says you have to work for half the money you would be just ok with that?.If your wife confess you that she has a lover you would just "adapt"? lol

If people would simply stand still and adapt to anything we would be still at stone age...who needs electricity?, I'll just use candles!
    I thought they built it up for base buffs, scrolls etc not for trials and ye trials has taken a hit for the moment but it should settle sooner or later.. My fac does them purely cus we find it fun and doing stuff as a fac, it is a shame mats from boss and chest will be harder to sell granted as we had trials splits for all those who attended that trial but still nothing concrete yet on what we're deciding on doing. We are thinking multiple squads running AEU, TT, Warsong etc just to get people geared up and leveling too/just for fun

Hello there use the edit button instead of double post b:bye

And off course you say base has still has buffs and stuff...yeah,if someone cuts you 1 arm and 2 legs you just smile and says "I still have an arm :D" lol
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm going to start off stating that I haven't been able to log in yet to check the new updates and improvements out. That said, I have been informed in detail by a friend of mines that has. Personally, I'm very happy with this update and with the reward system in play.

I've been a level 100 cleric for some time now, and have always wanted greater gear. My current gear is TT90 armor, sharded with immacs, and TT99 green weapon. My goal when my cleric was lower leveled was to go nirvy when my cleric got high enough. I got high enough leveled, and well....then I realized the difficulty in it. With so many aps squads, not all players could run these instances without creating a bm or a sin. That said, I prefer to play as a cleric. My sin is undergeared aside from her weapon. Even in casters, people who didn't have certain refines were not wanted, and people who didn't quite the above 5k hp bar without barb buff (like myself at around 4.6k) couldn't get into squads frequently. Even worse was the issue present for tank build/str build barbs, seekers, bow archers, axe/sword/pole/otherwise non aps bm's, and for other unconvential player types that people have used and somehow made effective in their own manner. This gives those of us who were unable to get certain gear a chance to actually get that gear, and it does help the market some as well, because people will want to partake in the nation wars, and do well in it. This changes the name of the game some, and people will also get to see more of what better geared skilled players that are non aps can really do. Charm sales will go up, apoth will go up, players will return, and thus pwi will net more profit from this move than by greedily making it so that aps classes are the class to have if you want a good gear set. I've long said that anytime that you find a game where several skilled high leveled players are standing in a line outside of an instance, spamming chats to open, be paid and then leave, while aps, or high leveled caster squads run that instance and get that much closer to good gear...is broken.

I personally prefer to play mages, and now that I'm given an opportunity to have better gear, it gives me more of a chance to play on my mages, and excel, so with that said I'm very happy with the update, and look forward to joining nation wars, and upgrading my cleric soon. This gives me a reason to really play again, so I feel that this is an excellent move by pwi.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Easy to tell others to go **** off if you can attend the event and make millions, eh?

No matter which countires involved, in a game that targets such a wide audience there just shouldn't be an event that gives such a large advantage to the people who can attend the single times, yet others get screwed.

And managing time? You expect me to skip work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited November 2012
    Cant make it to NV? Too bad for you, I'm rich while you gain maybe 20% of my income if u bust ur *** off during the week for it b:laugh That's the truth I live by now, and the statement YOU use against people. 'Adapt' is not as easy as you think it is, specially if it involves things you cant change urself such as ur timezone. And u think this attitude of yours won't make people rage? Lol.

This update only benefits me, but I still have empathy enough in me to fight for those who it doesnt.

'I can't show empathy to people who just sit and moan about everything and want someone else to fix everything for them.. Simple solution sitting here moaning about it won't fix nothing in regards to that'

I see more people moaning about people moaning than people wondering why they're taking the time to do it.
    I'm stating an opinion so it'll be seen and considered by the staff, rather than QQing about it to people who cannot change it. I dont really type this for the normal player to read...more to the staff who may read and consider others opinions thus handing it to the ones in charge over it to reconsider. Sorry if you think I'm debating to be against you, that aint the case nor in my interest.

Honestly, I busted my *** off for my gear, I never expected anyone to hand me stuff, compared to very manys statements in this thread how they never sat foot in nirvana cause it was 'too boring or took time to establish a non aps squad or I wasnt wanted due to my gear'. U know what? I wasnt wanted in normal nirvana, I wasnt wanted in caster as clerics werent wanted in huge sums. I made sure I started my own squads because of that, and thus got me as far as a farmed r9. Now you tell me what's unfair and fair here. The ones who busted their ***** and took care of themselves and the situation, or the ones who kept sitting on their *** doing nothing but moaning they couldnt even if proven they could?

Now THAT moaning as stated in pink, is asking to be given and fixed for, and THAT is what PWI has given in to in this update in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    And I think players are using the "aps" as an excuse.

Nirvana wasn't broken, APS is what is broken for PvE.

aps would be a decent excuse if only Nirvana needed aps to be done....but people could run Nirvana with the most messed up set ups(like 3 clerics / 3 barbs or such). The only boss in there that requires some killing speed its the Phoenix One, too much fire spawns = nowhere to run = fail run.

They could have fixed the aps PvE overpowerness, but instead they crushed Nirvana as an excuse.

b:bye
  • dudeman121
    edited November 2012
    Yes I am b:laugh but I am simply using it as an example the basic idea is all things in life and yes that includes a game things are fair to others and not so fair to someone else. PW has still given the option to join an EU server after constant moaning yet people still complain about the time things start xD

"And do you use that philosophy "adapt or get over it" in real life too?, so if your boss says you have to work for half the money you would be just ok with that?.If your wife confess you that she has a lover you would just "adapt"? lol"

^ YES!!! If my boss said work half the money yes you would continue working for him/her while searching for a new job as you would still need an income.. Your wife saying she has a secret lover well depending on how you want to deal with that (maybe you wana bring em in to join, hey whatever floats your boat) You would leave her cheating ***... See change it or live with it, if I sat there moaning about it to someone constantly then that is not fixing it is it!? o.O basically you're just complaining to someone else about it hoping they can fix it for you or give advice because you're too damn stupid to do things yourself, you have a mind and you have options almost all the time use em

"If people would simply stand still and adapt to anything we would be still at stone age...who needs electricity?, I'll just use candles!"

^ LMAO stupid.. Again fix it or live with it, the person who would say I'll just use candles are living with it (quite content with it being that way) nobody said stand still I said fix it (meaning do something about it) or get over it.
    Easy to tell others to go **** off if you can attend the event and make millions, eh?

No matter which countires involved, in a game that targets such a wide audience there just shouldn't be an event that gives such a large advantage to the people who can attend the single times, yet others get screwed.

And managing time? You expect me to skip work?

Nope not saying that and as I said I would be lucky if I can go as that is 4am for me so yes easy to tell people to **** off but not for the reasons stated :P Yes it applies to a huge audience but to make things available to all like that would require massive amounts of work plus if they made it available at more times during the day for instance then that would only increase many peoples profit even more making you lose out still o.O many people here will make sure they were available for both, I will say yes it sucks that it can't be that way as I would love to attend many things at an earlier time but we knew this when joining the game surely?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Get off your high horse and try imagining being on the other end of the stick. And that's what I'm gonna leave it at, for various reasons. I'm just disappointed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Yes I am b:laugh but I am simply using it as an example the basic idea is all things in life and yes that includes a game things are fair to others and not so fair to someone else. PW has still given the option to join an EU server after constant moaning yet people still complain about the time things start xD

"And do you use that philosophy "adapt or get over it" in real life too?, so if your boss says you have to work for half the money you would be just ok with that?.If your wife confess you that she has a lover you would just "adapt"? lol"

^ YES!!! If my boss said work half the money yes you would continue working for him/her while searching for a new job as you would still need an income.. Your wife saying she has a secret lover well depending on how you want to deal with that (maybe you wana bring em in to join, hey whatever floats your boat) You would leave her cheating ***... See change it or live with it, if I sat there moaning about it to someone constantly then that is not fixing it is it!? o.O basically you're just complaining to someone else about it hoping they can fix it for you or give advice because you're too damn stupid to do things yourself, you have a mind and you have options almost all the time use em

"If people would simply stand still and adapt to anything we would be still at stone age...who needs electricity?, I'll just use candles!"

^ LMAO stupid.. Again fix it or live with it, the person who would say I'll just use candles are living with it (quite content with it being that way) nobody said stand still I said fix it (meaning do something about it) or get over it.

Sorry but I dont think your complaints will convince anybody b:chuckle
    edited November 2012
    They could changed Nirvana in a way that aps were irrelevant...they could have made supply tokens NOT tradable for cannies/raps...and everyone would have been happy.

But NO, they had to mess everything like this

Most complains about Nirvana was all about aps, but now they don't want it to fix Nirvana or aps system,they're just happy for the easy stuff,that's a LOT DIFFERENT.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am first adding thoughts in between ~ marks to this Quote and then adding own stuff in the end if I need to.
    Ok I guess we can break it down to following facts:

Negative:

-PPL that live in a different timezone might get screwed big time, though that is just if u compare them to the ones that actually win high in NW.

~Also notice that some of us screwed players play a certain class, for example barbarian, that have hard time farming anyway~

-PPL that have personal reasons for not participating in a pk event are also screwed, but due to their own fault, imo. (All got the same chances to participate (cept ones above mentioned) if u dont take that chance, may the reasons whatever they might be, it's your own business)

~So you are telling me that PWI just can force them to go event they do not enjoy/can't afford time? They SHOULD have an effective option. Nirvana is not effective option. If you don't have friends willing to go vana over and over, no chance. ~

-Nirvana instances is dead and even if they change the rewarding system, the dmg dealt will just slowly recover, but that could lead to even more Cashshop business, because now the ones that couldn't get anything they wanted from NW will be eager to get their gears to be competitive, at least some of them.

Positive:

-A new amazing Event where u can have fun with ur friends and still all ur pking needs

~How about those who don't enjoy the event or can't access it? Hmmm? They should have even put more balanced times~

-Demand for Squad-based instances like Warsong...(lemme see someone solo all pavs at once :P) You need at least 5 ppl in your Squad to go through warsong, not able to be soloed^^

~Warsong and Lunar have already been farmed much and are expensive for some classes to do daily~

-Other Farming Sources open up again (TT, Lunar, Warsong, and maybe others in the near future)

~TT is overfarmed, lunar/ws get expensive.~

-The Common Player-Power raises drastically which leads to more competitive gameplay

- Many ppl can have the gears they dreamed about for so long, which makes them happy, at least for a while

~How about those who still have troubles? Now our farming chances were put down. Vana is dead, squads are extremely hard to get.~

- U can still have way better gears then G16, but with way more effort to gain and much less OP then the situation before with TT90->TT99->r8->r9

Well if u look at it like this it brings more benefits clearly and surely some ppl will see it differently but hey? When were many humans at least one time on the same opinion before in human history?

~Some ppl? Many new players already ragequit because of DQ nerf - they do not even have a chance to REACH endgame levels. Not to mention the ones at endgame levels not being able to get their gears.~

EDIT: I wanna add one good thing. PPL are merely forced to work for at least the best part of their endgame gear...yeah sure some ppl are selling badges and molds from warsong but the majority has to at least work a lil bit for their gears thus they can't do so alone^^

So tell me where are the OPTIONS for us who cannot do NW? Where are the options for classes that can't enter and aren't 5 aps/pro geared?

As said, vana is sorta killed, TT is overfarmed, lunar/ws are just money sink to some classes.

What now? Farming herbs, mats and DQ? Yay.
    Trials? Dead.
    Merchanting? With what start money.
    Delta? Coin killed
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • dudeman121
    edited November 2012
    Sorry but I dont think your complaints will convince anybody b:chuckle

Complaints? I'm all for this new content.. The only thing I'm trying do is get why people seem to be QQ'ing so much as if its the end of PWI xD

@Accalica I busted my *** off too but I did so via caster with none of this glitch **** with talis (before they fixed it) but with constant BH and the corona talis once released, granted I was a little bit meh after all that work and coin spent for the gear to be given away pretty much but I honestly can't complain as I am hoping it will bring more people in. The update does have a few concerns for the long run or can be seen as that atm by some since we have not been given any info yet but we do not know what will happen/what is next and I personally think people are freaking out a little too much b:shutup I can't take back what I said about moaning as that is just me but I do think if you want to get noticed better about your concerns then personally I would send in a ticket asking for a response or just purely to give feedback/opinions not sit moaning about it in a forum which can easily be missed/ignored
    edited November 2012
    Honestly, i got faith in our new CM, seeing his work so far. Also I doubt my posts have been missed as I'm still here debating my cause, and if players see it..then someone working with it also should have or will, atleast the debate directions. b:chuckle

As for bringing people in..I'm still against that it will as games have to have a great rep to bring people in once theyre're 4 years old, aswell as being an offering challenge to keep the people it has got. A game can't keep active purely on the term of socializing, however I know many do play PWI only for that reason the past year.
    I've already put my statements on why it's non of the above to some atm so I wont reside to spamming it again. Hopefully someone will read it. Now i'm off to cook b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Complaints? I'm all for this new content.. The only thing I'm trying do is get why people seem to be QQ'ing so much as if its the end of PWI xD

@Accalica I busted my *** off too but I did so via caster with none of this glitch **** with talis (before they fixed it) but with constant BH and the corona talis once released, granted I was a little bit meh after all that work and coin spent for the gear to be given away pretty much but I honestly can't complain as I am hoping it will bring more people in. The update does have a few concerns for the long run or can be seen as that atm by some since we have not been given any info yet but we do not know what will happen/what is next and I personally think people are freaking out a little too much b:shutup I can't take back what I said about moaning as that is just me but I do think if you want to get noticed better about your concerns then personally I would send in a ticket asking for a response or just purely to give feedback/opinions not sit moaning about it in a forum which can easily be missed/ignored

All i see in your posts is moaning at the unhappy ppl this QQ about them that b:sweat
    Check the polls almost 40% is unhappy.
    Ur not gonna convince them with your lame posts b:nosebleed
  • dudeman121
    edited November 2012
    As for bringing people in..I'm still against that it will as games have to have a great rep to bring people in once theyre're 4 years old.

I meant the poor people that are getting stuck due to rising prices and not being able to join most squads etc (that link weapon stuff is just plain stupid) I can only imagine that if i didn't dump a small amount of cash into game or had a fac that was willing to help in that respect I would'av been one of those people also and would love to see what they have to offer in terms of both PVE and PVP... But forgetting those for a moment I had heard we had a new CM but I'm not a regular forum user as you can probably see by posts so I have no idea about this, if they are as good as you seem to think then who knows maybe we will have some answers at some point to put some of the freaking out to rest at least (or make it worse depending on the news xD) It is getting a little out of hand now via forum and ingame and have been trying to calm some of those members within fac to at least not make any quick decisions, not until we get some info given anyway
    All i see in your posts is moaning at the unhappy ppl this QQ about them that b:sweat
    Check the polls almost 40% is unhappy.
    Ur not gonna convince them with your lame posts b:nosebleed

Well maybe I see their moaning as lame just as you're seeing mine, 55% are happy and maybe sick of hearing both forum and ingame of the mass freak out over something we have no info for yet.. Also not moaning.. Moaning would be in this statement about me being sick of seeing it not me trying to get an idea of why people are so upset about it then posing a counter argument.. If people can moan about being unhappy then surely the people that are happy can express their feelings about the moaning and the last time I checked the title of the thread was "Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game" So throwing in your counter argument to peoples concerns should be fine, yes I may be quite blunt with them but so are many who are unhappy which may include swearing, insults or even supposed disappointment etc but directed at PW
    edited November 2012
    The CM have VERY limited powers, but I think the new CM its 4,5x times better than the old one....this being said, we can hope for some minor changes there and there, but I wouldn't except miracles.
  • dudeman121
    edited November 2012
    The CM have VERY limited powers, but I think the new CM its 4,5x times better than the old one....this being said, we can hope for some minor changes there and there, but I wouldn't except miracles.

^^ mhm as I think the final say on most things game related still falls to the main server (chinese?) I did say before at best I can see done is 1 of the following... Fee increase, less tokens or drop rate increased in vana IF something is done but then there is the issue with R8 complaints etc.. They can't really remove them from the forges now as that would kick up a stink also
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    ^^ mhm as I think the final say on most things game related still falls to the main server (chinese?) I did say before at best I can see done is 1 of the following... Fee increase, less tokens or drop rate increased in vana IF something is done but then there is the issue with R8 complaints etc.. They can't really remove them from the forges now as that would kick up a stink also

Its very obvious for most that PWI went a different way with the forges than the chinese version. Fees exchange rate etc are totaly different compared to chinese ones. For example trials and nirvana are still favourite dungeons on chinese servers.
    PWI has chosen for this version for whatever reason.

I'm playing this game for 4 years and friends are leaving update after update.
    It makes me sad that some friends or other players are unhappy and leaving cause of this.
  • dudeman121
    edited November 2012
    Its very obvious for most that PWI went a different way with the forges than the chinese version. Fees exchange rate etc are totaly different compared to chinese ones. For example trials and nirvana are still favourite dungeons on chinese servers.
    PWI has chosen for this version for whatever reason.

I'm playing this game for 4 years and friends are leaving update after update.
    It makes me sad that some friends or other players are unhappy and leaving cause of this.

The final say is still with the original server though from what I am aware yes we its very different to what chinese have but the decisions are theirs (I think) After all it is their game D: Hmm as in higher fee and exchange rate? If so maybe a **** up with the numbers? Just thinking possible reasons.. Cant say vana is my favourite I don't mind running one now and again but ye, trials however I enjoyed every second of them

It sucks about friends leaving we lost a couple too but luckily some have decided to wait till we hear some news before making a final decision and making the most of it atm
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    The final say is still with the original server though from what I am aware yes we its very different to what chinese have but the decisions are theirs (I think) After all it is their game D: Hmm as in higher fee and exchange rate? If so maybe a **** up with the numbers? Just thinking possible reasons.. Cant say vana is my favourite I don't mind running one now and again but ye, trials however I enjoyed every second of them

It sucks about friends leaving we lost a couple too but luckily some have decided to wait till we hear some news before making a final decision and making the most of it atm

I am happy for the ppl who are celebrating the new expansion, I think its a good new feature.
    Lots of friends are happy with the easier to acquire gear.
    But they could have done it slightly better. b:avoid
    edited November 2012
    Don't see this benefitting the 'poor' out there. Ya they become the norm for now. They become clones. But to what price? The ones playing daily and long hours are still the ones who make the game go around, and those were the ones most affected. Poor ones with time had a choice just like me, I used to be poor, I never CS, but I started making squads and people came resulting in me now having r9.

As for those who cannot play very much, well.. Usually its the minority that adapts to the majority in a game. Even with university, job etc..it's about priorities. If they rather want a so they speak 'real life bond' doing things that doesnt involve a computer on their spare time, then so be it. Don't tell me some work or study 24/7, I've done both and still managed to be on the game enough hours per week to keep up with the norm, and more.

Considering some do put their spare time into this eventho they have jobs and school, etc, abling them to play alot more because they like it more to prio it. Shouldnt those who favour it, be the ones prioritated by PWI?

This system could have solved (it is a great idea in its foundation, too bad reward system is executed poorly imo) so that both parts were happy to an extent by putting them back in the picture, but by less per week. No need to kill instances off/handing out endgame gear to keep those people happy. If they had nothing, they should be happy if they get another chance that is very less time demanding to gear up with whats needed to join or try form their own squads when they have time to do so. If they never have time, im sorry, but why do they play then? And what in their gears before wasnt enough for them to enjoy it while they did play their 20mins as most PVE instances are designed after tt90-r8? They couldnt get into nirvana with tt90? Well, if they tried to get people together they might, but in 20-30mins? No. The game wasnt designed to have its instances made in such short time spans, and then youre honestly better off playing something that isnt an MMO. If they managed to have the time to reach 100, I'd figure theyd have time to form squads and play in them. If their situation changed after 100, enough so that 3-4 hours of gameplay per week was too hard for thing such as BH rewards (which could get u into the decent tt99 gold group rather easily)...then imo, they should not be the priority for PWI as a company to satisfy.

Making major sudden changes that rages a part of the playerbase like this isnt good for anyone, certainly not when it could have been alot more balanced than it has been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kamet
    kamet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Solution:

Widen the spendable reward options on the forges.

(packs) heh that alone will draw 50% of the reward tokens

(gold) ?

(charms)?

probably a plethora of items could added with a lot less overall dmg to the game. Charm for me id buy probably 2 per NW as thats what im currently going through and cant find any for sale.

to me this is the best solution as less will be inclined to be driven towards just one item on those forges and alot of the tokens get spent on other things
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Packs would be amazing, but unfortunately PWI would lose a lot of csing if packs were made available another way that doesn't involve real money.

I would suggest high-level shards for reasonable prices. Like 200 Supply Tokens for a vit stone, 250 for a Diamond of Dragon, and so on.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • kamet
    kamet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Packs would be amazing, but unfortunately PWI would lose a lot of csing if packs were made available another way that doesn't involve real money.

I would suggest high-level shards for reasonable prices. Like 200 Supply Tokens for a vit stone, 250 for a Diamond of Dragon, and so on.

nods

Im just saying overall (packs was used to get your mind thinking) .. The more areas there are to "spend" the less 1 individual area gets harmed.

D.orbs (1* = 1tok) (2* = 4tok)(3*= 10tok) etc etc

as you stated, gems as well .. all tiers (great for those bumping up and using the rune crafting)

start adding in enough things and 1 individual area (raps/cannies) doesnt get over impacted and it balances out a bit better.

I personally merch D.orbs and pack items as well as tokens from packs. This wont bother me any as I know with a multitude of choices for rewards there will be far far less impact on any 1 particular area.

NO matter how you break it down, some area directly impacts gold sales... Doing this lessens the impact of any one area to the players of the game.
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you all forgetting something

THIS IS A GAME, WHY SO SEROUS!!

b:chuckle you all should get out a little more

and if you think about flaming me there a slim chance i'll ever reply to you, to busy to keep up with this fine post b:cuteb:bye
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool