Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Options

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Kamet - So really, my bfs alt who he basically never used besides a few times.
    Earned tokens and no1 else did? Guess we're special. b:laugh

I know, for a fact, people that got zero tokens and were IN battles and people that AFKed and got zero tokens as well. Your boyfriend's situation proves nothing until we can reliably test the reward mechanic. Right now, speculation is just that. Speculation.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Kamet - So really, my bfs alt who he basically never used besides a few times.
    Earned tokens and no1 else did? Guess we're special. b:laugh

You seem to not understand the mechanics of the instance

1- players get distributed around the nations

2- depending on win/kill rates nations gain credits

3- depending on ammount of credits tokens get ditributed to the 4 nations with the one with most credits getting the most tokens

4- tokens get ditributed among the players belonging to each particular nation depending on their own personal credits

Since there is a limited ammount of tokens available, the more players that get assigned to a nation the less tokens will be available to distribute, so it comes to the point where people who do not reach a certain credit cap don't get any tokens.
    The only reason your boyfriend's alt got tokens is because there was not enough players in your nation to increase the credit cap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well in the end he still got some tokens, and imo they count as they can be used. Alot of our people did leave after half the war was done, so I wouldnt be surprised if it is as Aurantiumina stated. b:surrender My bad then, but I still stand by my statement either way, tokens will feed the market enough mats to create an overflow pretty soon. If you wish to think differently, sure.
    Atleast put it in a nice way if so, so I can read and understand how u think, and maybe even change opinion. But atm I have yet to find a decent and readable post that states a different point of view in detail, hence making anothers point of view hard to understand.

I see why some of you are into NW tho, as it was a gank fest, just like the forum is sometimes b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Akan - Momaganon
    Akan - Momaganon Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Some numbers...

To get full r9 recast, r9 ring upgrade, tome, sky cover upgrade and neck engraving you need 21 470 supply tokens.

2 wars per week, average 250 supply tokens each war = 43 weeks to get everything if you just use your own rewards.

There is going to be a market for selling supply tokens to cashshoppers that are in a hurry for quite some time :)
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Alot of our people did leave after half the war was done

That doesn't really matter actually, the tokens get mailed to participants depending on the credits they gained while they were in the instance.

Immagine the following scenario:

somebody plays for 1 hour and then leaves, during that hour they earned 5000 credits

Instance finishes, some people have 15000 credits and some people have 1200 credits, and some people have less. The average is somewhere around 4000 credits.
    Assuming that the people who have 4000 credits get 80 tokens, the guy that left with 5000 credits will get a lil bit more, even if he left in the middle.
    If you assume that there was 500 players in the instance with a high percentage of them gaining over 10k credits for the 2 hours, you can be sure that anybody who got less than 500ish credits has a high chance of not getting any tokens.

^ should be taken as an assumption as I don't really know the exact mechanics.
    But from the information I gathered it's close to how it actually works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Attempted - Harshlands
    Attempted - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle just curious if the other servers have seen what Nw has done to the Rap /cans Craze from 1.5m a rap to 200k , cannie from 400k to 50k b:laugh....overnight

ty PWIb:victory

p.s. will whats your thoughts.....will we continue to see raps/cans worthlessb:shocked

well that's sweet... people can get r9 2nd cast easier..... then farm 3rd recast!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Look here, we all in
    Everyone is a target
    Teetering on insanity, reasonin' with the heartless
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    there were people in my faction getin 9k-12k personal points and got less than 200 tokens. so the point system is weird? not sure...

edit: which makes me think it might be acordin to class? cos my cleri got only barely 6k and had 175 tokens
    edited November 2012
    Options
    there were people in my faction getin 9k-12k personal points and got less than 200 tokens. so the point system is weird? not sure...

edit: which makes me think it might be acordin to class? cos my cleri got only barely 6k and had 175 tokens

eh, it's percentage thing, number of players, credits, and maybe it depends on class too (like in PQ maybe).

It's all on assumptions.

One thing is for sure, the more players are on a nation, the less tokens they will get in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    kamet wrote: »
    Take into consideration that almost everything cost War Seals (50 event tokens per seal) Id guess there will be an eventual migration of the R9 and others wanting the tomes etc over to the seal. Everyone atm is just "coining up" so your seeing a higher up front influx of canny/raps.

If i ever want the new tome or anything else of interest , ill have to stop selling canny/rap and invest my event toks into the war seals as will other.

Just give it some time.

On a side note, nirvana takes 5 -10mins per run at little to no cost. even at 100/400 that still = profit. Everyone is just stuck on the old price sheets. Im still guessing 250/500+ as a settle in price though.

So clearly, the forum community overreacted. Nirvana is NOT dead, its just that it's inflated market has been reduced a little.

I hope the GM's recognize this, and do not change the rewards system.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So clearly, the forum community overreacted. Nirvana is NOT dead, its just that it's inflated market has been reduced a little.

I hope the GM's recognize this, and do not change the rewards system.

You're insane.

I love Nirvana and won't even bother with it at this point. My time would be better spent farming herbs to make better coin.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • kamet
    kamet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You're insane.

I love Nirvana and won't even bother with it at this point. My time would be better spent farming herbs to make better coin.

Herb farming is the new cash cow. 50 - 100mil a day , here i go!

/sarcasm off

In reality, you can still make very good coin in nirvana, your just used to a diff pay scale is all. your wound will heal in time my friend. b:victory
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    now all the +12 weap 5k hp sins are useless <3

i like this
    i like potato
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It seems to me that the market has settled out from the inflated prices which 4 and 5aps characters were selling the items at before.

This is good, since it lowers (but does not eliminate) the difficulty of getting end-game gear.

The simple way to make sure that Nirvana mats don't drop any further? Get more people to play. The more people who play, the lower the number of tokens each player on the winning team gets. The lower the number of tokens each player gets, the fewer Nirvana mats get introduced into the economy from it.

Seems simple, eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Bogdan - Lothranis
    Bogdan - Lothranis Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    this is realy bad whit price of canines and raptures down now is almost unsles to buy more paks if you get a rapture chest is unsles you only can save mony to buy waht you need from paks fom others players like atack stone or hp stone etc
  • XRysanx - Lost City
    XRysanx - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    WHy people saying it hard to make money now? i went NW lastnight and got 18 tokens, made em into raps and sold em to the highest buying catshop in raging tides and walked away with 7.3mill so now i got all my gear for lvl80 and as from next week im gonna go again and start merchanting just in case the prices go to 10k or something XD. I did that with a level 70 seeker and only got to kill one sin for the whole 2 hours.

Oh just in case someone quotes me......no im not a lazy person im actually would farm my gear if need be, no i dnt expect to **** people just because im gonna work on getting a warsoul wep at lvl100 i know how important refines are (who freaking doesn't you people acting like refining is top secret business....beside i can get coins and buy a refining service from calvin or cheze or krazz to +9 my gear or do it myself it aint rocket science) in this game just like others.

To the people quitting....Goodbye and have fun and to anyone seeing all the leaving and getting discouraged all i have to say is that for the 3 years ive been playing this game that was always happening with every update and complainers are ALWAYS here i mean from the first time i came to the forums years ago all i see most of the time is QQ hard to level QQ game dieing, QQ developers suck QQ sins QQ cash shoppers QQ gold prices QQrank gear QQ make TT easier so we can solo it. You just cant satisfy some of these miserable people they complain about not enough pve at end game they give them more update after update of pve and now the people who been wanting more pvp or for a frigging arena at least so it wont cost them there gear and FINALLY AFTER YEARS they get a proper pvp update that wont cost them there gear and some people just putting it down and and its also some of the same people that want some unfair punishment for pkers (not talking about lowbie pkers).........how is that even fair???

I mean seriously i LOVE this update and i know its not perfect i mean at least people no longer have to choose between playing the game for fun with a class they have fun with or do it for cash with a class and build they don't even like. i mean whats good about not being able about not being able to get into end game content until you farm for YEARS for armor and refines on a character that doesn't even fit your play style just to get money to spend another 6months or year+ to get there favorite character geared up i mean SERIOUSLY..............SERIOUSLY............how can some people not see how selfish all of this was. People play this for fun......I play this for fun and idk what your goals were (but i do feel peoples pain about loosing so much cash) but at the end of the day this is a multiplay game and your not the only ones who got goals and you certainly have no right to prohibit people from play what and how they like just because your run wont go fast enough or you think youll lose money, people need to get real and see that perfect world wasn't made for them it was made for the people chashopper, FTP player all the same if you wanna life that like then hell get a Wii, PS3, Xbox 1player or shooter so on game so it will be all about you but this game right here this is a MMO (Massive MULTIPLAYER Online)

Some people need to understand that its not about getting the gear or being the best its about have the opportunity to get to the top AND having fun while doing it if you wanna put the work in for it.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    this is realy bad whit price of canines and raptures down now is almost unsles to buy more paks if you get a rapture chest is unsles you only can save mony to buy waht you need from paks fom others players like atack stone or hp stone etc

Heaven forbid they make packs less prevalent...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • kamet
    edited November 2012
    Options

mm if your opening packs and getting rap/canny chests as a "common" thing, i want your luck please. If your opening packs "thinking" your going to even get either of these chests .. I LOL as the are overly stacked against you. Just to give you an idea, ive opened over time nearly 30,000 packs and only ever seen 3 canny chests, 1 rap chest. Sure they will pop out , but if you were relying on them to begin w/ then your looking at packs all wrong.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I guess more people in Lost City and Archosaur overreacted to this update.

Not me.
    I sold my raps for 500K and my canny for 150K

Probably went a little cheap on the raps but one guy bought them all (80) so I went with the lowest price.
    They 500-600K on Lost now and canny 125-175.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Indeed, we can't have that, now can we?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    sanctuary is weird... its like...

50-80k buying by the Nation wars forge and
    100k buying at the tideborn city area

for uncannies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Yea, heaven forbid when tokens for making mana and hp food go to 25-30k because noone is 'crackin' packs'.

If you take a short walk through west, you will see ALOT less pack items for sale than there were 6 months ago already. Some of the perma catshops that were there for the last 3 years have now even quit the game.
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The entire economy is going to change to fit the new influx of rapture and uncanny flooding the market. Since those two key items are going down in price, herbs, perfect tokens, orbs, etc you name it will all go up in price. Why? Because now that everyone will be upgrading gear, they'll need new shards, new refines, more pots/charms to participate in those 2 hour long battles, you get the idea.

People have to realise that just because the Nirvana instance is basically obsolete, that's no reason for people to panic, the game has changed several times, most of the time people have left, but now I think it has changed for the better. No more need to have a BM/SIN farming character (which i have sadly lol) to get all your goodies anymore as far as gear. Grant it they may still be the best options for HH, I don't see these classes being the only ones farming, for a few reasons.

1.Warsong for one needs a fairly balanced squad to finish out.

2.Lunar has been buffed up a bit, it too needs a balanced squad.

3. Nation Wars, while an aps class can still **** face, they're not the only ones doing
    all the heavy damage.

Correct me if im wrong, but this update is catered to every single class in the game, no one got left out. b:kiss
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The entire economy is going to change to fit the new influx of rapture and uncanny flooding the market. Since those two key items are going down in price, herbs, perfect tokens, orbs, etc you name it will all go up in price. Why? Because now that everyone will be upgrading gear, they'll need new shards, new refines, more pots/charms to participate in those 2 hour long battles, you get the idea.

People have to realise that just because the Nirvana instance is basically obsolete, that's no reason for people to panic, the game has changed several times, most of the time people have left, but now I think it has changed for the better. No more need to have a BM/SIN farming character (which i have sadly lol) to get all your goodies anymore as far as gear. Grant it they may still be the best options for HH, I don't see these classes being the only ones farming, for a few reasons.

1.Warsong for one needs a fairly balanced squad to finish out.

2.Lunar has been buffed up a bit, it too needs a balanced squad.

3. Nation Wars, while an aps class can still **** face, they're not the only ones doing
    all the heavy damage.

Correct me if im wrong, but this update is catered to every single class in the game, no one got left out. b:kiss

Like i said, its great for people who pvp, but for those of us who don't, it pretty much killed the game after a certain level since we have no access to the items in the NW forges. I have no problem with the pvp instance in itself, my problem is when the game trys to force me to pvp for items that should be available anyway, on a PVE server.
  • kamet
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Like i said, its great for people who pvp, but for those of us who don't, it pretty much killed the game after a certain level since we have no access to the items in the NW forges. I have no problem with the pvp instance in itself, my problem is when the game trys to force me to pvp for items that should be available anyway, on a PVE server.

I understand where your coming from as my wife feels exactly the same way about PvP. I managed to talk her into going on friday though and afterwards she said "is there another one tomorrow!"

PvP isnt for everyone, but even the most deadset person i know (my wife) had alot of fun. Maybe just give it a go and see? There is, as i told her, nothing that you lose in the fight, nothing drops. Basicly your fighting very advanced AI to put it into context. I hope you give it a try.

On a side note, We play another game on the side that has pvp. after the war, which she was itching for more, i asked her if she wanted to pvp in that game. She said... HECK NO! so it hasnt changed her op on pvp , only this (pvp) lol .. go figure
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The simple way to make sure that Nirvana mats don't drop any further? Get more people to play.

Seems simple, eh?

/facepalm

Yeah, if it were simple PWE would do it. But of course, the game is alive and well and healthier than ever. Right.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    prices will continue to fluctuate for awhile, eventually settling at a low price
    but still, even with the low prices of raps and cannies, people will still be able to make money off of event, due to the mass that are given out. i have made 150m in the 2 nights of NW so far
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    WHy people saying it hard to make money now? i went NW lastnight and got 18 tokens, made em into raps and sold em to the highest buying catshop in raging tides and walked away with 7.3mill so now i got all my gear for lvl80 and as from next week im gonna go again and start merchanting just in case the prices go to 10k or something XD. I did that with a level 70 seeker and only got to kill one sin for the whole 2 hours.

Because,

Pre NW: 18 Raptures x 1.5m = 27m!

And you could do Nirvana each day, and get Canny and Rapture each day and sell them each day and you could get (at least) ~3m each day.

Do you see the problem now?
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    NW is also a pretty good coin sink since many of the things require a decent amount of coin that gets destroyed by the npc, they should lower the price of charms and secretly toss alittle gold in the ah every so often too.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Because,

Pre NW: 18 Raptures x 1.5m = 27m!

And you could do Nirvana each day, and get Canny and Rapture each day and sell them each day and you could get (at least) ~3m each day.

Do you see the problem now?

XRysanx was stating his side. As a lvl 70 seeker, s/he got his lvl 80 gear in one shot. I doubt at lvl 70 people have many opportunities to make money like that when "vana" was around.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    XRysanx was stating his side. As a lvl 70 seeker, s/he got his lvl 80 gear in one shot. I doubt at lvl 70 people have many opportunities to make money like that when "vana" was around.

Do you think, that this game is now balanced ?

What is this ?

Someone get gear in one shot and this mean game ?

Why players can't get gear through quests instead ?

I worked hard and bought my level 80 Endless Ambiguity (+3 sharded with 2 Perfect sapphires) today for 3,000,000 coins and someone can get same thing by one shot ?