Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Options

Comments

• deathros
    deathros Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    at OP This change will likely turn out like the r8 event. A lot of people will leave. For example, I have read 6 out of 10 people left when r8 got cheap. Why is that? Because many people spent months/years farming it and all their hardwork amounted to nothing. Same thing will happen here. People spent months/years farming their nirvana sets. People's hardwork becomes worthless and they leave. I doubt the economy in this game will survive. Because people are probably going to leave in numbers like the r8 Incident. I doubt the game can survive or adapt, when half the population leaves.
  • XRysanx - Lost City
    XRysanx - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Because,

Pre NW: 18 Raptures x 1.5m = 27m!

And you could do Nirvana each day, and get Canny and Rapture each day and sell them each day and you could get (at least) ~3m each day.

Do you see the problem now?

I was talking about how persons was saying that people around my level found it hard because the DQ nerf, i mean it even suprised me and i was a little worried then i tried out NW and was a millionaire.

As for what you said yes i understand all of that and i see why it turned out to be such a huge problem for you folks because at the end of the day there are parts of this situation that are pretty messed up so the anger is understandable.
  • XRysanx - Lost City
    XRysanx - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Do you think, that this game is now balanced ?

What is this ?

Someone get gear in one shot and this mean game ?

Why players can't get gear through quests instead ?

I worked hard and bought my level 80 Endless Ambiguity (+3 sharded with 2 Perfect sapphires) today for 3,000,000 coins and someone can get same thing by one shot ?

I agree with you.
    Working so hard for so long just to for someone do the same thing literally over night with much less effort is a unfair slap to the face i must say BUT what id advise you to do is to take advantage of it after all anyone level 60+ can have the same outcome if not better and you can just use the coin to make things easier on yourself when it come to gearing up which puts you in a position to do better farming then before if you want or you can just prepare your lvl 90 or 100 gear before hand depending on what you want to do in game.

But at the same time if your a person that has no desire to do NW then im pretty sure youll be able to find others just like you or friends or factions members to do caster or normal NV and other instances if that what you have fn doingb:victory
  • dudeman121
    dudeman121 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm still really seeing the main focus being QQ I worked for my gear and now they're giving it away... QQ vana market has crashed LMAO

QQ away if you worked for you gear, many of us worked hard too but surely you knew that one day they might even release better armor, infact they could'av released a new type of armor which required higher grade mats and could upgrade directly from TT99 or lunar since the tiers of armor were just building up and up.. I can imagine the amount of QQ'ing there if they did something like that b:laugh

As for the market crashing I seem to be making a butt ton of cash from just those 2 days both by my own tokens + merching with people soon as its finished netting me anywhere from 50k-200k per when selling on

And finally for those saying vana is useless *sigh* I'm sorry but 2 days a week to gain cannies/raps to sell or keep + can still do vana during the week nobody is stopping you, at the end of the day its still coin (less maybe but now you have the chance to gain them from multiple places) from doing a run which would cover repair fee, pots and then some

The main reason so many people are pissed is they want to carry on farming vana over and over till they become numb from boredom just to sell on for 300k+/1.3mil+ per canny/rap... My advice to you is get over it and adjust to the new stuff like we all have or do what you keep threatening and GTFO sorry but its just becoming silly now, even you people who're complaining and saying you're leaving HA!! I bet most of you have been to NW everytime for the full 2 hours b:chuckle
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That or you could have read many 'QQ'ers posts and realized they were worried over the game mechanics such as old instances not being designed for upgraded warsoul weps, and s3 nirvanas as the norm, thus being concerned over the real PVE value to PWI. But hey, whatever floats ur boat mate.

Edit: So, when are we who are waiting for an official announcement on wheter this is an intentional change that's gonna remain or not, get our answer from whoever can respond to it?
    Just know me, and some of my friends/worldchat discussions want the information so we can plan our future in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • dudeman121
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That or you could have read many 'QQ'ers posts and realized they were worried over the game mechanics such as old instances not being designed for upgraded warsoul weps, and s3 nirvanas as the norm, thus being concerned over the real PVE value to PWI. But hey, whatever floats ur boat mate.

And neither were these runs built for R9's as solo runs have proved and what did PW do they upped the dmg dealt or changed certain things to try and fix those issue... Did people (non R9's) go complaining about that... Technically speaking all the instances are not built for the gear we have now and hasn't been for a long time due to new gear release, why do you think there are such things as updates!? To change values on mobs or instances, that argument of yours cant even be seen as valid since R9 has been in game for so long and so many people have R9.. YES!! R9 is pretty much the norm now they're EVERYWHERE!! b:surrender give it time and they may change certain things in these runs to make up for the increase in gear who knows

Edit* To your edit though I can't agree enough as some of it needs to be put to rest so people can move on or stay and plan for the future.. Tbh though I can personally only see 1 of 3 things happening IF they change anything at this point... Increase drop rate in vana.. Lower token reward a bit via NW... or increase the fee for certain items some
  • HyperNoob - Sanctuary
    HyperNoob - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have a feeling the hate to 5 aps will switch to r999 XD.
    In the long run when the r999, rank 9 double recast whatever, pops out and the average g15/g16 getting owned in nation wars. U'll see those ppl earning the most will get hated the most b:chuckle
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle just curious if the other servers have seen what Nw has done to the Rap /cans Craze from 1.5m a rap to 200k , cannie from 400k to 50k b:laugh....overnight

ty PWIb:victory

p.s. will whats your thoughts.....will we continue to see raps/cans worthlessb:shocked

moved to main thread about this issue.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok im a CSer but its nice to give the people that dont cs or dont have much time to play to farm coin or do nirvy , a chance to obtain raps and cannys for nirvana gear. Im glad they added cannys-raps also cause alot of the non aps players or high ref players that cant do nirvy
    due to people thinking only aps ect players can do it , actually have a chance to become well geared players without having to spend their life on the game or their paychecks to get what they need . The economy was fine even back then when gold was only 80k each lol and charms were 100k each ect . Its just in your heads that if prices drop that the game will stop lol . Well it wont lol . the people that are mad are the 1s that r greedy and now cant make a dime by overpriced raps and cannys lol . Ty PW for actually thinking of the people that could never get into nirvy to obtain what they need for decent gear due to picky players not letting certain geared people in cause of their gear , kinda sad and noone to blame but themselves for this lol . Nirvy can be done easily with tt 99 geared players lol . Especially it gives the younger players thats not too skilled in playing pwi ( age 8+) that do like pwi a chance to get gear also . Ok yeah alot of misspelling on my part lol its 6 am and just wore up for work lol .But anyways ty again for thinking of those that could never get in a nirvy sq or farm enough coin to get nirvy gear . Lol i got my stage 3 stuff , im just happy for others cause im not greedy and i actually think of others than myself .

ty Janalla ( cleric )

moved to existing topic about this issue.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dudeman121
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @Azzazzzin Erm here at sanc they went from 1.3mil ish raps to 400-600k.. Cannies from 300-400k to 100-150k

Some will try buy around the prices that you listed but very rarely get them and if they are lucky to do so it is usually straight after NW when people rush to shops before thinking... Currently not useless on sanc server and even being used as a currency at times too xD .. Granted it may slow down when people have their gear all done but that may take a while considering the amount of R9's and what will be new R9's in this server due to coinage made b:victory
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    deathros wrote: »
    at OP This change will likely turn out like the r8 event. A lot of people will leave. For example, I have read 6 out of 10 people left when r8 got cheap. Why is that? Because many people spent months/years farming it and all their hardwork amounted to nothing. Same thing will happen here. People spent months/years farming their nirvana sets. People's hardwork becomes worthless and they leave. I doubt the economy in this game will survive. Because people are probably going to leave in numbers like the r8 Incident. I doubt the game can survive or adapt, when half the population leaves.

Yep I Agree.

As a sometimes farmer for personal and friends mats,
    occasional trader to and from cat shops,
    sometimes cash cow for PWIs power bills and wages,
    and friend to those who needed help,
    3 skills away from being fully sage on all skills
    Fitted out with rank 8 gear earned over 3+ years of playing as a PvE player.

Who were you stupid enough to listen too, when they said people like me would bother to invest more real life time and real life cash, knowing we will get screwed over again and again, just as we reach our goals and begin to aim at the next goal.

I will still play for the time taken to do teachers each day,
    This will reduce my RL time contribution quite a bit.

I am not paying another red cent to a company that made me work for 3+ years to get a product and then gives it away.

For all those who think its funny I paid to work in a F2P game who pays the server power bills, telephones, devs, etc. you freeloaders use.

PWI better start looking for other RL sources of cash I would suggest.
    My time to be just another PWI leech starts now.

Sry change in plan PvE server becomes PvP Bye all.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The only thing even slightly worth qq about is that refines don't transferr over free or even cheaply.

It really sucks when you get all your gear gemed and max refined only for something better to come along and you are out all that money.

It is almost a case for bieng imac gemed and +6 all. The new gear is making old gear obsolete way too fast....

Still I think nirvy getting reduced in price is a good thing and nations war is very fun.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Zoom it out to about a year and you'll see this is nothing special.

If you really want something to think about, go to 2 years and then 5 years.
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/pwrd/interactive-chart
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If I had to summarize alot of the complaints towards this event. It would simply be:

1)The Devs indirectly destroyed Nirvana.

2)Your upset because you believe that certain players don't deserve 'free' access to endgame gear because you worked so hard to get yours.(Funny this one seems to be popping up more often now)

3)This will effect the entire PWI economy.

After reading many of the post in this thread, it seems some of you are forgetting the one important thing here. Perfect World is a business, it was created and marketed to MAKE MONEY. Do you really think that the higher ups care if you are enjoying the game or not? As long as players continue to put money into PW, the game will continue to live and do whatever is necessary to maintain the income.

Yes people may be getting easy to access to endgame gear. But most should know by now having Stage 3 Nirvana/Rank 9 does not really mean much unless you have high grade shards or refines. Can you kill people lesser geared than you? Yes. But if you want to be competitive your going to have to put in more time and money to get there. Which of course again encourages a player to consider cash shopping(if they have the ability to)

Even if you are not PvP oriented, PW will find another method to siphon money from your wallet as a PVE player. By somewhat taking Nirvana out of the picture, they have created yet another reason to make the average player consider spending real money on the game. Whether to shard and refine their shiny new Nirvana Armour, or to fund other necessary items for endgame gear.

And to all those saying they will quit(which most never fully quit), if you feel your hard work was just thrown in the trash you can either move on or just do what you thought to do in the first place. Quit....PW will draw in fresh players to replace you.

If my thoughts are correct, NW is functioning perfectly as intended. Of course if not PW will still find another method to make money off it's player base.

So Continue to push for a change in the NW system if you so please Zanir, but I doubt it will happen until PW is finished sucking money out of it.(Crafting Sale hint hint?)
  • r34p3r1
    r34p3r1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If you really want something to think about, go to 2 years and then 5 years.
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/pwrd/interactive-chart

has anyone noticed that is for pw-cn company b:chuckle and it based on all the games they run not just pw and look at the years where they added a bunch of new games. then they down fall of them non perfect world games once you know all that you will understand where the rise in fall of there numbers came from.

looking at there nasdaq info without all the right info is majorly a one sided view
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    r34p3r1 wrote: »
    has anyone noticed that is for pw-cn company b:chuckle and it based on all the games they run not just pw and look at the years where they added a bunch of new games. then they down fall of them non perfect world games once you know all that you will understand where the rise in fall of there numbers came from.

looking at there nasdaq info without all the right info is majorly a one sided view

+1b:laugh
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    r34p3r1 wrote: »

Who owns this company, who are the decision makers really, when we have to wait for answers from the chinese teams about changes to our game, also after the introduction of so many games, you would have at least expected the line to level, not continue to drop suggests the management has not made many wise decisions before, and this may also be another one.
    b:chuckle
  • Janalla - Heavens Tear
    Janalla - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    well the funny thing is , IF they remove raps+cannys from the NW forges , people will complain about that too lol . Sooooo no matter what PW changes , there is always gonna be someone to QQ about it . People like to complain about anything of some sort of change they cant handle . I like change and yeah i spent mills on nirvy ect before NW , but do i care lol no . So u , me and others spent mills on top of mills for gear , ok ok get over it and be happy you can now work on refines , gems and other stuff . Thats life , u buy a new home for 500 thousand dollars then boom next year its worth 90 thousand . Things change so learn to deal with it or QUIT the game lol bye kick rocks , get ghost . Always new people to replace the 1s that quit anyways and PW knows that , They get ur money still that you spent in game , then u quit and they gain new players that will play and be happy lol . Im a closed beta player so ive heard qquing since day 1 from players ( imma quit cause of this , imma quit cause of that , pw economy is falling imma quit , prices r to high now imma quit , prices r too low imma quit lol ) Quit Quit lol but they always return to play and qq some more . If u aint happy then quit , just quit cause u will be replaced anyways like i said lol . U spend hundreds of dollars + then quit lol . Kinda funny . Ohh wait you will be back . lol
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    well the funny thing is , IF they remove raps+cannys from the NW forges , people will complain about that too lol . Sooooo no matter what PW changes , there is always gonna be someone to QQ about it . People like to complain about anything of some sort of change they cant handle . I like change and yeah i spent mills on nirvy ect before NW , but do i care lol no . So u , me and others spent mills on top of mills for gear , ok ok get over it and be happy you can now work on refines , gems and other stuff . Thats life , u buy a new home for 500 thousand dollars then boom next year its worth 90 thousand . Things change so learn to deal with it or QUIT the game lol bye kick rocks , get ghost . Always new people to replace the 1s that quit anyways and PW knows that , They get ur money still that you spent in game , then u quit and they gain new players that will play and be happy lol . Im a closed beta player so ive heard qquing since day 1 from players ( imma quit cause of this , imma quit cause of that , pw economy is falling imma quit , prices r to high now imma quit , prices r too low imma quit lol ) Quit Quit lol but they always return to play and qq some more . If u aint happy then quit , just quit cause u will be replaced anyways like i said lol . U spend hundreds of dollars + then quit lol . Kinda funny . Ohh wait you will be back . lol

For those who Cash Shopped as well that claim to want to quit, they sometimes also end up returning due to knowing they spent on this game and want to see if they can still get their moneys worth. Which sometimes lead to them spending more....

PW wins againb:chuckle.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    well the funny thing is , IF they remove raps+cannys from the NW forges , people will complain about that too lol . Sooooo no matter what PW changes , there is always gonna be someone to QQ about it . People like to complain about anything of some sort of change they cant handle . I like change and yeah i spent mills on nirvy ect before NW , but do i care lol no .

I enjoy change for the sake of change too :) When I see a still lake that perfectly mirrors the sky I just want to throw in a large rock and watch how all the ripples spread out. NW is definitely one heck of a rock and the ripples are still spreading wide. I'm curious to see what things will look like when the water settles down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • resnov098
    resnov098 Posts: 37
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Uh. maybe its too soon to ask since its barely tuesday, but... has Any GM seen any of whats going on? i'm curious of what they'll decide.

If they have please quote it or paste the link in a reply ty<3
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I don't get it why all are so upset about this great new invention. Look, the new event is fun as hell...20x20 PvP matches with a lil Capture the Flag element in it...amazing for a F2P MMORPG...keep that coming^^ And Yes I also reached my G16 Fists just a week before this new update came and spent more then 600kk to get em. I would have gotten them after the first event for nearly nothing, but well, look at the other side.

I always wanted the G16 Dual Hammers, but after the G16 Fists, well my money was all out. But now I just made them and I'm very happy with that (: I can even reforge my R8rec shoes til I finally get -int on them for not nearly as expensive as it was before (25 tries with the old school way... outsch, and 35 Tries now with the cheaper version, still no luck but well^^ it's not that expensive now^^)

But the most important fact is that, I can finally do something with my "Not-So-Good-Geared" friends, because we need to run the same instance "Warsong" and well while doing 6 fullw s a day could get boring too, it was still fun and all of them are happy now, cuz they got the gears now they always wanted. IDC if I farmed my *** off to get my gears while they can have it for nearly free. I'm just happy for them and so should all of u.

AAAANNNNNDDDDDD:
    This raises the general Player Power throughout all servers which makes TWs and NW even more competitiv and even r9+12 can get screwed like nothing if 10 G16 players go at em^^ actually I like that idea very much...bringing the player gear levels closer to each other.

So I think, this update was a good thing and should remain the way it is. and hey idc if prizes drop even more, well my 14 alts wanna have full g16 too u see^^ Loads of things to do ppl^^ get yourself goals and then u can have fun...

Just imagine how fun it is to be capable to play with any avaible class with decent gears...thats the best thing, trust me^^ because that one goes for PWI...all classes are awesome in their own way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ...stuff...

Well said thinks the panda.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Well said, Joe. My thoughts exactly b:victory
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I don't get it why all are so upset about this great new invention. Look, the new event is fun as hell...20x20 PvP matches with a lil Capture the Flag element in it...

Can PWI do PvE server for those, who don't want PvP ?
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I don't get it why all are so upset about this great new invention. Look, the new event is fun as hell...20x20 PvP matches with a lil Capture the Flag element in it...amazing for a F2P MMORPG...keep that coming^^ And Yes I also reached my G16 Fists just a week before this new update came and spent more then 600kk to get em. I would have gotten them after the first event for nearly nothing, but well, look at the other side.

I always wanted the G16 Dual Hammers, but after the G16 Fists, well my money was all out. But now I just made them and I'm very happy with that (: I can even reforge my R8rec shoes til I finally get -int on them for not nearly as expensive as it was before (25 tries with the old school way... outsch, and 35 Tries now with the cheaper version, still no luck but well^^ it's not that expensive now^^)

But the most important fact is that, I can finally do something with my "Not-So-Good-Geared" friends, because we need to run the same instance "Warsong" and well while doing 6 fullw s a day could get boring too, it was still fun and all of them are happy now, cuz they got the gears now they always wanted. IDC if I farmed my *** off to get my gears while they can have it for nearly free. I'm just happy for them and so should all of u.

AAAANNNNNDDDDDD:
    This raises the general Player Power throughout all servers which makes TWs and NW even more competitiv and even r9+12 can get screwed like nothing if 10 G16 players go at em^^ actually I like that idea very much...bringing the player gear levels closer to each other.

So I think, this update was a good thing and should remain the way it is. and hey idc if prizes drop even more, well my 14 alts wanna have full g16 too u see^^ Loads of things to do ppl^^ get yourself goals and then u can have fun...

Just imagine how fun it is to be capable to play with any avaible class with decent gears...thats the best thing, trust me^^ because that one goes for PWI...all classes are awesome in their own way.
    THIS!!!b:victory
    Joe is absolutely right, everything he's said is truth. People shouldn't be so skeptical, and should see the silver lining.b:laugh
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    To add a little to Joe's list of positve outcomes of the expansion... It is great to see PWI finally even the playing field for everyone. I'd love to see my server get more OP players. PvP outside of TW and NW is pretty weak. Hardly anyone is ever out at West Gate, and if anyone is, it is the same small group, but I imagine this new expansion will brink PvP back, because more players will be equipped for endgame combat, so more fighting and more fun for everyone. The only thing that really concerns me is, Nirvana was a main source of income for a large amount of the player base, but I'm sure people can live with out it. After all, people made money before Nirvana, and there are tons of other paths to wealth in PWI. b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ....there are tons of other paths to wealth in PWI. b:victoryb:victoryb:victory

Can you show me few tons of paths how to play in PWI as PvE player and get same cash as PvP player during event time ?

My character is Wizard level 79.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I don't get it why all are so upset about this great new invention. more stuff .

You call us selfish yet cannot understand.
    I and others joined a PvE server when we could have joined a PvP server, where is it selfish to ask them to supply the product they advertise and since when is capture the flag a PvE activity other than the fact the flag is an object.

I am 52y old and have properly played more PvP games with capture the flag and than you have had meals, so shut up with the you do not know what you are missing bull and remember the PvP players always get bored, just as fast as the kill thrill wears off then leave.

Oh and then we will be back to PK is dead, merge PvP servers please, where did everyone go threads of the past.
    I can see how the Killer types will fight to the death to keep this:
    http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm
    as it appeals to your natural instinct to annoy peoples feelings, but when your prey is gone what will you do.

Change is good but throwing out the baby with the bath water is stupid, and then pretending you are not, is criminally stupid.
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This patch to me is awesome. Now I can easily get either nirvana for my cleric or go aps for my will-be-leveled sin. Either way, this update is pretty good for setting a higher gear standard.
    Insanity b:thanks