So, you want to ini edit your character?

Comments

• Tye - Harshlands
    Tye - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is there a way to make it so the hat doesn't go through my barbs head? The front looks fine, but the rest is pretty bad. Thanks
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is there a way to make it so the hat doesn't go through my barbs head? The front looks fine, but the rest is pretty bad. Thanks

edit around with head size to get the right look for the hats
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yes ty a lot rickioo, with your/venus/jeremied help and hey,you! and pwi staff decision my barb became a pumpkimb:laugh
    p2lwm.jpg

and after this halloween he'll become a king!!

Haha look nice. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Viola__soul_ - Heavens Tear
    Viola__soul_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    b:dirty wooini edit here i come, tyvm to the person who threaded this it makes things easier, a lot easier b:pleasedb:thanks
  • Danoria_ - Lost City
    Danoria_ - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Save your current look as "before" in the character creation menu. Then find this file and hit "Ctrl" and "C" at the same time to copy it. Then hit "Ctrl" and "V" to paste a copy of that file into the folder. From there you just rename that copy to "after" so that's it's easy to find in the character creation menu of the client. For macs the copy/paste function is "Command C" for copy. And "Command V" for paste. You don't have to rename the copy of your before file if you don't want to though. It just makes things easier. The important part is the copy/paste so that you have a saved file of your character before any ini changes.

Alternatively, for lazy people, I just save my before preset, and then save a second preset of the same for after and just edit that. Easy enough.

Some other things that I noticed in my ini-editing noobdom that I feel are worth noting, whether or not it's already been mentioned somewhere in this thread. (I'm too lazy to read all 19 pages)
    1.) Under [Color] colorEye is actually for eyeshadow. colorEyeBall is for the actual eye color. This took me a while to figure out.... was getting really annoying when I kept losing my eyeshadow color everytime I made a change lol.
    2.)Presets are your friend. If you find it easier to use the color picker or sliders but don't want to risk messing up your edits and then losing them, make the change with the sliders, save the preset and then you can copy and paste the changes. I would (except I'm lazy and just fine cranking my **** up to 150 with relatively little risk.) use this for things like body modifications, to be sure you don't go outside the allowed boundaries. Also just saves time, opposed to guess and check.

At any rate, I'm still learning... I just tend to take tips and then find my own techniques with that information.
  • XW_Y_Fx - Dreamweaver
    XW_Y_Fx - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    how did you do that o.o i cant seem to get it right
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been trying on my assassin and having no such luck with her eyes or hair. I will keep trying, but it is getting rather frustrating. Any advice?
  • Kira_Lundell - Dreamweaver
    Kira_Lundell - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi! I tried to get EG Hair but none of the codes worked for me.. eye code worked for me earlier so I'm thinking it still should. I then tried the tideborn hair but that didn't work either.. Or was it so that none of the old classes could get the new classes' hair? Or was it only with the skin? b:surrender
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    how did you do that o.o i cant seem to get it right

Do what? You'll have to be more specific.
    I've been trying on my assassin and having no such luck with her eyes or hair. I will keep trying, but it is getting rather frustrating. Any advice?

Make sure you are using the right codes. Even though the picture has males listed first for example, the first code box is female hair. As for eyes, if you're trying to change the eye style that can't be done. If you're trying to give it earthguard eyes make sure you are using the right code. It's different for males and females.
    Hi! I tried to get EG Hair but none of the codes worked for me.. eye code worked for me earlier so I'm thinking it still should. I then tried the tideborn hair but that didn't work either.. Or was it so that none of the old classes could get the new classes' hair? Or was it only with the skin? b:surrender

The old classes can get the new classes hair, just make sure you are using the right codes. The Earthguard females may be first in the picture for example, but I may made them the second code box. Can't remember off the top of my head but that's why I labelled them.

Alternatively, for lazy people, I just save my before preset, and then save a second preset of the same for after and just edit that. Easy enough.

Some other things that I noticed in my ini-editing noobdom that I feel are worth noting, whether or not it's already been mentioned somewhere in this thread. (I'm too lazy to read all 19 pages)
    1.) Under [Color] colorEye is actually for eyeshadow. colorEyeBall is for the actual eye color. This took me a while to figure out.... was getting really annoying when I kept losing my eyeshadow color everytime I made a change lol.
    2.)Presets are your friend. If you find it easier to use the color picker or sliders but don't want to risk messing up your edits and then losing them, make the change with the sliders, save the preset and then you can copy and paste the changes. I would (except I'm lazy and just fine cranking my **** up to 150 with relatively little risk.) use this for things like body modifications, to be sure you don't go outside the allowed boundaries. Also just saves time, opposed to guess and check.

At any rate, I'm still learning... I just tend to take tips and then find my own techniques with that information.

The main reason I told people to copy and paste is because I want them to get experience moving and copying ini files around. That way they can for example take a venomancers look, copy it, and give it to a blademaster. If you know where all the files are and what class is what rather than just saving it in the preset doing such things become second nature. But yes, that is also an acceptable way to get an after file. It's important to have both files so that you can revert back to an earlier look should you make a mistake. :)

Also body modification is NOT allowed, at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Thank you, ma'am, I appreciate it, let me give it another go. I'm attaching a picture to show that I got the eyes right

fkr8fn.jpg
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Just to bump I used the eyes code and this was the result:

16jh1l.jpg

Sorry for bumping, this is just getting frustrating.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @Murcas You're editing the wrong files. Those are the character files, not your saved ini. file named "tgdffgsd".

The one you're looking for should be under

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\character\customize

and then inside the customize folder, folder 51 should hold your preset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    *hugs*
    edited November 2012
    @Murcas You're editing the wrong files. Those are the character files, not your saved ini. file named "tgdffgsd".

The one you're looking for should be under

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\character\customize

and then inside the customize folder, folder 51 should hold your preset.

Beat me to it. :D Just to add the character file you're editing is for a new assassin so it wouldn't work on existing characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Thank you, hon. ^_^
    edited November 2012

Make sure you are using the right codes. Even though the picture has males listed first for example, the first code box is female hair. As for eyes, if you're trying to change the eye style that can't be done. If you're trying to give it earthguard eyes make sure you are using the right code. It's different for males and females.

The old classes can get the new classes hair, just make sure you are using the right codes. The Earthguard females may be first in the picture for example, but I may made them the second code box. Can't remember off the top of my head but that's why I labelled them.
    Thank you for your information.. I did use the first box's codes, I even wrote them down to a paper so I wouldn't get them wrong but it didn't work. Maybe I'll try again later. The eyes I was able to change when I first time tried (now accidently got my char back to where it was before any changes so will have to get a new make-over scroll ;p) but..! I will try again. Perhaps I'll get to enjoy of EG hair on my bm sometime.
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for your information.. I did use the first box's codes, I even wrote them down to a paper so I wouldn't get them wrong but it didn't work. Maybe I'll try again later. The eyes I was able to change when I first time tried (now accidently got my char back to where it was before any changes so will have to get a new make-over scroll ;p) but..! I will try again. Perhaps I'll get to enjoy of EG hair on my bm sometime.

No problem, if you take screenshots of what you're doing like Murcas did maybe I can identify what the problem seems to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    now that i've returned very briefly i'll do some toying around with ini edits in the hopes of finding a way to get male hair on already existing female characters. i really want that long tideborn male style on my veno, but i'm not about to re-roll just for a hairstyle.
  • So_Wet - Sanctuary
    So_Wet - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    should reroll just for the hairstyle! no one looks at gear anyway just the awesome head of the character! pumpkin forever!b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hello World!
    Complete your First quest. July 30th 2009 b:victory
    edited November 2012
    No problem, if you take screenshots of what you're doing like Murcas did maybe I can identify what the problem seems to be.

I tried it again today and everything went well. I have no idea what I did wrong last time, but it kept giving me the error back then. Now it didn't. Thank you for your response though! :) b:victory
  • DarkUnicorn - Heavens Tear
    DarkUnicorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have one question, the only thing i ever wanted to change on my veno was the color off her tail, so it matches my chars hair collor.
    Only in the files i see face, hair body and so on, but never tail and color or somthing.
    IS there a way to make the color of hair matching the color of tail, black hair black tail and so on?b:surrender
    Thank you
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I have one question, the only thing i ever wanted to change on my veno was the color off her tail, so it matches my chars hair collor.
    Only in the files i see face, hair body and so on, but never tail and color or somthing.
    IS there a way to make the color of hair matching the color of tail, black hair black tail and so on?b:surrender
    Thank you
    There used to be a way if you were using the fox preset (bodyID = 4). You would make the body color value the same as the hair color value, and the body would remain pale, while the tail became tinted the color of the body.

I think they may have patched that a while back though, not completely sure. All I remember from that maint's patch notes were something about venos and underwear. But my partner had a veno with a cream tinted fox tail, and after that maint his body color was tan while his face was quite pale XD I had to buy him a makeover scroll to fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There used to be a way if you were using the fox preset (bodyID = 4). You would make the body color value the same as the hair color value, and the body would remain pale, while the tail became tinted the color of the body.

I think they may have patched that a while back though, not completely sure. All I remember from that maint's patch notes were something about venos and underwear. But my partner had a veno with a cream tinted fox tail, and after that maint his body color was tan while his face was quite pale XD I had to buy him a makeover scroll to fix it.

I tested it about a week ago, its patched and been patched for a while. Im sad it no longer works though.
  • AngelEon - Dreamweaver
    AngelEon - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hmm well the tut is absolutely perfect BUT im having a problem. I Put the EG skin on my Psy and the face skin is wayyy brighter than the body skin. Do i have to leave it like that? or can i fix it somehow. Im a bit confused...
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Hmm well the tut is absolutely perfect BUT im having a problem. I Put the EG skin on my Psy and the face skin is wayyy brighter than the body skin. Do i have to leave it like that? or can i fix it somehow. Im a bit confused...
    You'll have to do a bit of creative color matching. Since the base TB skin tone is lavender, and the EG is creepy white, the EG texture will always be brighter.

A good way of finding a good color match is to take a screenshot from the character creator, pull the hex code of the character's body color, then convert that color into decimal using the hexa to decimal converter listed in this guide.

Place the resulting bit of numbers into the face color section and you should get a pretty close match.

Or, post a screenshot from the character creator and one of us might be able to match it for you. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012

You have to change the body color and the face color separately. There aren't many options for matching skin tones but if you go to the ini archive I left a fish there with two values that were useful.

edit: Hang on I'll put in some values that were posted about the forums that I remember. :P

edit 2: These two posts have two humanish skin tones. If you don't like the codes from either of these two posts then you'll just have to play around with it. It can quite a while. I recommend finding a good tone for the body first and then getting the face to match.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17993401&postcount=7338 (link on DA)

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18001171&postcount=24 (second one)

Copy the colorface and colorbody values.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • AngelEon - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    OOH xD wow tyvm for the help. O and btw. If i want to put facial hair from a human male (Light facial hair) on my char how would i do it?. I tryed doing the copy paste with the mustache but unfortunately that wont show :/
    edited November 2012
    OOH xD wow tyvm for the help. O and btw. If i want to put facial hair from a human male (Light facial hair) on my char how would i do it?. I tryed doing the copy paste with the mustache but unfortunately that wont show :/

You mean on a female? I haven't really tried that but I do know that you'd only be able to do it on new characters. As mustache's are a gender locked thing. I'm guessing it would have to a eg male's facial hair too because their's are built right into the face id.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • AngelEon - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    No no no lol not on a female. on my male psy. I was trying to put on the light facial hair but only the heavy facial hair actually shows
    edited November 2012
    No no no lol not on a female. on my male psy. I was trying to put on the light facial hair but only the heavy facial hair actually shows

Oh xD. I'll have to play around with that. I haven't actually tried to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: