So, you want to ini edit your character?

Options

Comments

• Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    awwww ok ty for responding, i didnt see that part of the rule, that sux. oh well :) i'm sure they'll do something eventually for those styles that arent released nor ever will b released. (IE: Goldfish hair)

I know :( I want so many unreleased wigs and fashions. We might need to set up another picket line. b:sad
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I know :( I want so many unreleased wigs and fashions. We might need to set up another picket line. b:sad

theres so much old fashion that was never came out for us my wife wants the other kitty fashion with the gloves that has cute paws on it
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    omg miko I feel like such an idiot... that's exactly why haha! I had a hairpiece on.... geeze I feel like such a ditz. Thanks a ton!

You're welcome b:chuckle It's okay tho, everyone have their blonde moments especially me XD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • Ayida_ - Heavens Tear
    Ayida_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I tried to put EG skin on a eno but it only made her face a block white, what can I do to fix it?
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I tried to put EG skin on a eno but it only made her face a block white, what can I do to fix it?

It can't be done on the older classes. You can only swap around EG and TB skins due to a problem with the texture. You can however put EG hair and Eyes on an original class which really does wonders for updating their look.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Ayida_ - Heavens Tear
    Ayida_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That explains a lot, thanks:)
  • Gwendollyn - Dreamweaver
    Gwendollyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sorry, I can't seem to figure out what to do afterwards, I'm trying to put male tideborn hair on a female wizard. I'm copying it onto what I think are the genderless files (computer > Local Disk (C:) > Perfect World Entertainment > element >userdata >character and I'm editing 'character 11') but I can figure out how to open it up in the character customizer in game so I can select/see it. I've tried doing everything I can think of, I tried going through the presets and its not there, so I tried to cope the genderless file and paste it in the folder for female wizards and that didn't work, so then I tried to change the hair texture code to one for female hair, but that didn't work either. Would anyone mind telling me how to open the file into the character editor, please? Thank-you for your time :)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sorry, I can't seem to figure out what to do afterwards, I'm trying to put male tideborn hair on a female wizard. I'm copying it onto what I think are the genderless files (computer > Local Disk (C:) > Perfect World Entertainment > element >userdata >character and I'm editing 'character 11') but I can figure out how to open it up in the character customizer in game so I can select/see it. I've tried doing everything I can think of, I tried going through the presets and its not there, so I tried to cope the genderless file and paste it in the folder for female wizards and that didn't work, so then I tried to change the hair texture code to one for female hair, but that didn't work either. Would anyone mind telling me how to open the file into the character editor, please? Thank-you for your time :)

Hey once you edit the character 11 ini, just click wizard and do nothing else. It defaults to using the genderless preset file so just edit what's already on the screen. Once you click any of the presets on the list you lose it.

• Gwendollyn - Dreamweaver
    Gwendollyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hey once you edit the character 11 ini, just click wizard and do nothing else. It defaults to using the genderless preset file so just edit what's already on the screen. Once you click any of the presets on the list you lose it.

Oh wow, okay that makes sense, thank-you so much! I can't believe I missed that the first time around @__@
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    How would I make my barb with a Santa face?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    How would I make my barb with a Santa face?

Code for pills in Oishii's guide.

• Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Code for pills in Oishii's guide.

:D
    I got a barb friend who has been running around with the santa face for weeks. He didnt want me to tell anyone the codes so he could be the only santa. He kept dropping coal around people pking and in arch.
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    About the the Hex to Decimal converter, mentioned in the guide, got a "funny" problem -
    tried to find a color both in colorpicker site and in photoshop, a purple color

Hex = d106e3
    Decimal = 13698787

but when i put it in the ini, it turns up as a grenish color - useing the color for eyeshadow on my bm.

Can add i've follow the guide line by line - step by step

Edit:

Got the same problem with the body color site
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    About the the Hex to Decimal converter, mentioned in the guide, got a "funny" problem -

Hex = d106e3
    Decimal = 13698787

but when i put it in the ini, it turns up as a grenish color - useing the color for eyeshadow on my bm.

Edit:

That's strange. When I put your color code into my ini file it came out purple. Mind screenshotting me exactly what you're doing?

• Amourie - Heavens Tear
    Amourie - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

FINALLY :< thank you.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hex = d106e3
    Decimal = 13698787

Edit:

Someone else had a similar issue with a similar shade of purple, but they solved it on their own and didn't tell us the solution.

Make sure there aren't any extra spaces between the = and the numbers, and that there aren't any residual minus signs before the numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Venus@

what part of it do you want shots of? just so i don't flood the threat with screenies

Jeremied@

it might be a thing about minus signs

[Color]
    colorHair = -12632364
    colorFace = -1
    colorEye = 0
    colorBrow = 0
    colorMouth = -0
    colorEyeBall = -12632364
    colorMoustache = -1

had is similar to this - taken from my post in the ini archive.

What i did to solve/work around the problem - in the color section in char creation, I found a purple that i liked, and saved a extra ini, knowing wich part had the color i wanted, I copied the number to the ini where i wanted the specific color used.
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Venus@

what part of it do you want shots of? just so i don't flood the threat with screenies

Jeremied@

it might be a thing about minus signs

[Color]
    colorHair = -12632364
    colorFace = -1
    colorEye = 0
    colorBrow = 0
    colorMouth = -0
    colorEyeBall = -12632364
    colorMoustache = -1

had is similar to this - taken from my post in the ini archive.

What i did to solve/work around the problem - in the color section in char creation, I found a purple that i liked, and saved a extra ini, knowing wich part had the color i wanted, I copied the number to the ini where i wanted the specific color used.

Just the color section (and body section) and then a screenshot of what it's translating into in game.

• Lucy_a - Sanctuary
    Lucy_a - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Does anyone know how to turn a tiger barb into a cute kitty?
    ( With huge eyes and small nose/mouth)
    I tried several times but cant figure it out b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you for the awesome siggy Silvy <3

// LVL. 8x Mystic // LVL. 8x Cleric // LVL. 8x Veno //

Request a free drawing of your character: The Fanatics Forum>>>Lucy's Sketchbook b:mischievous
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hey folks,

In response to this question:
    The pills i assumed were following the same rules as the hats, meaning they were only allowed to be added to barbs. I could be wrong, but thats why i had put it with the barb section and said only barbs.

I didnt put anything about mustaches on venos cause i didnt think that many people would want that....
    Ive also never tried it. Seemed a bit weird. If its your thing though go for it i guess.

I just wanted everyone to know that pill editing is not allowed, either for barbarians or other classes. These kinds of changes were intended to be temporary, and we'd prefer our players not permanently modify their faces in this particular way.

I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed with this announcement, and I promise to keep tabs on this issue, in case we decide to revisit this decision.

- Val
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks,

In response to this question:

I just wanted everyone to know that pill editing is not allowed, either for barbarians or other classes. These kinds of changes were intended to be temporary, and we'd prefer our players not permanently modify their faces in this particular way.

I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed with this announcement, and I promise to keep tabs on this issue, in case we decide to revisit this decision.

- Val

You know, you could of posted that in the thread i actually posted it in letting me know to take the codes down. Just saying.
  • vyomni
    vyomni Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Need a bit of help with putting EG skin tone on Tideborn. I basically copied & pasted the colorcodes in IdFaceTex, color & body from this post of Venus:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18001171&postcount=24

However there is bit of difference between the face skin tone & rest of the body. The face color is a bit lighter.

I tried taking color & Tex from my existing seeker, where her face & skin tone matches, but still faced the same color difference on the fish.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks,

- Val

Stupid question, "What's Pill Editting?" ... so I know what NOT to do if I did... b:question

Thank You in advance! b:thanks ... and i'm gonna look thru the encyclopedia here in the meantime, rt is down last i checked and gives me time to get past first page of this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Stupid question, "What's Pill Editting?" ... so I know what NOT to do if I did... b:question

Thank You in advance! b:thanks ... and i'm gonna look thru the encyclopedia here in the meantime, rt is down last i checked and gives me time to get past first page of this...

The santa head pill, big head kid pill (male), the pumpkinhead pill, etc were available by ini editing but since GMs don't want those items to be permanent, those codes are not permitted to be used.

• Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The santa head pill, big head kid pill (male), the pumpkinhead pill, etc were available by ini editing but since GMs don't want those items to be permanent, those codes are not permitted to be used.

Aaaah... ty... ok, i didnt do that on my barb... but i did go into the file of that big head tiger and figure out how to get a big head panda b:pleased im surprised i dont see more big head barbs on rt considering all the egos b:chuckle

PS : Of which, btw... the head scale which is under "body" but only effects the head (i assume head scale and body color are allowed, being the reason behind the body scale not being allowed is due to targeting advantages from what i heard somewhere, which does make sense), can be used i believe to make the female heads fit a little better with male hairs. Scale the head and slider the body in game, and i think you can make the male hair/female toon look more realistic if that your goal... just an fyi...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • $_maria_$ - Raging Tide
    $_maria_$ - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    LOLOLOLLOLOLOL i cnow the modifing .ini files is not alowed someone get banned for 20-30 yearsb:laugh if is not alowed why post here this thing?b:surrender
  • Snowycookie - Sanctuary
    Snowycookie - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Because ini -editing is allowed. :)

EDIT: Like putting EG eyetexture to the older classes or TB hair on veno.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    LOLOLOLLOLOLOL i cnow the modifing .ini files is not alowed someone get banned for 20-30 yearsb:laugh if is not alowed why post here this thing?b:surrender

i think someone needs to read a post / thread at all before posting b:lipcurl

lemme introduce you to reading
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Aaaah... ty... ok, i didnt do that on my barb... but i did go into the file of that big head tiger and figure out how to get a big head panda b:pleased im surprised i dont see more big head barbs on rt considering all the egos b:chuckle

PS : Of which, btw... the head scale which is under "body" but only effects the head (i assume head scale and body color are allowed, being the reason behind the body scale not being allowed is due to targeting advantages from what i heard somewhere, which does make sense), can be used i believe to make the female heads fit a little better with male hairs. Scale the head and slider the body in game, and i think you can make the male hair/female toon look more realistic if that your goal... just an fyi...

Head scale editing is not allowed.
    vyomni wrote: »
    Need a bit of help with putting EG skin tone on Tideborn. I basically copied & pasted the colorcodes in IdFaceTex, color & body from this post of Venus:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18001171&postcount=24

However there is bit of difference between the face skin tone & rest of the body. The face color is a bit lighter.

I tried taking color & Tex from my existing seeker, where her face & skin tone matches, but still faced the same color difference on the fish.

Yeah, you're not gonna get it perfect. That's about as close as I could get it. I don't think it's too bad.

I assure you we mods would not sticky a guide on things if they weren't allowed, unless they used to be allowed at the time of sticky but are later banned. Even then, we'd most likely unsticky although sometimes things escape our notice. It's a big forum.

• Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Head scale editing is not allowed.

That being the case, any chance pw will put preset big head barbs of the pandas, lions and wolves? the Big head tiger is already a preset in there b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]