New Skill Rebalance In China

Options

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I can confirm that Plume Shell had no channel. It comes out very quickly.

Of course it has channel qui. Haven't you ever seen the blue bar that gets filled up when you cast it? Thats the channeling bar. Even demon spark has a channel.

I don't think they changed anything with that skill. They are just adding missing or incorrect information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Cut the offtopic **** pls...ty
  • Rerum - Sanctuary
    Rerum - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The google translate of the class name of "Charm Spirit" is that Mystic?...

Im sorry that I just saw your post.

Gonna give you the hints to figure out which class is which, they most of the time call each class for their initials, so gonna copy the PWI name, the initial that you will find for that class and what google translate the name of the class:

As a simple example : Cleric MM (MAOMAO) Yu Ling.

PWI NAME INITIALS GOOGLE TRANSLATION
    BLADEMASTER WX MARTIAL ARTS
    WIZARD FS MASTER
    CLERIC MM YU LING
    ARCHER MG YU MANG
    VENOMANCER YJ GOBLIN
    BARBARIAN SS EVIL/WICKED
    ASSASSIN CK ASSASSIN
    PSYCHIC WS SHAMAN
    SEEKER JO SWORD SPIRITUAL
    MYSTIC MO CHARM SPIRITUAL
    How to play the game? 5.0 has the final say!!!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Of course it has channel qui. Haven't you ever seen the blue bar that gets filled up when you cast it? Thats the channeling bar.

Well the skill description doesn't state a channel time. The channel bar does fill when casting shell. Comparing it with how fast my cleric casts buffs, I guess it actually has 0.5s chan and 0.5s cast. Certainly not 1s chan though...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Rerum - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Of course it has channel qui. Haven't you ever seen the blue bar that gets filled up when you cast it? Thats the channeling bar. Even demon spark has a channel.

I don't think they changed anything with that skill. They are just adding missing or incorrect information.

I believe this is the truth as there is not an uproar on wanmei forums. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Obviously, I know because I maintain a catalog of Sanctuary's R9 archers
    That's a normal thing to do right?

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD~

If it makes you feel better though, I have post-traumatic stress disorder with sins (I Psy will automatically if I hear someone log in or exit stealth) and involuntarily know the habits, playstyles and gear quality of most Harshlands sins by heart, simply because they all love me SO MUCH.

Don't jump when fighting BloodFeast.
    Ninjaichi WILL bail on the fight completely if he decides you're a significant threat with fair odds of killing him.
    SyntherosX doesn't yet fully understand Psy and sin arsenal but stays alive by spamming dews and sage trip spark.
    harpist only attacks if you have less than 50% HP or are currently stunned by someone.
    Snoop, KOX, Bludd and two other sins from Valhalla/Absinthe that no longer play used to make up what I called the "Sin Power Rangers," each having a different elemental gem (fire, water, earth etc) in their daggers, about ~3 of them talented enough to kill themselves off of Soul of Vengeance by melee'ing with those daggers while I had Psy will/expel up.
    What'shisface that I forget at the moment will countdown Soul of Retaliation and attack as it comes off.

I could go on, but I'm betting every server has sins like this.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

If it makes you feel better though, I have post-traumatic stress disorder with sins (I Psy will automatically if I hear someone log in or exit stealth) and involuntarily know the habits, playstyles and gear quality of most Harshlands sins by heart, simply because they all love me SO MUCH.

Ninjaichi WILL bail on the fight completely if he decides you're a significant threat with fair odds of killing him.
    SyntherosX doesn't yet fully understand Psy and sin arsenal but stays alive by spamming dews and sage trip spark.
    harpist only attacks if you have less than 50% HP or are currently stunned by someone.
    Snoop, KOX, Bludd and two other sins from Valhalla/Absinthe that no longer play used to make up what I called the "Sin Power Rangers," each having a different elemental gem (fire, water, earth etc) in their daggers, about ~3 of them talented enough to kill themselves off of Soul of Vengeance by melee'ing with those daggers while I had Psy will/expel up.
    What'shisface that I forget at the moment will countdown Soul of Retaliation and attack as it comes off.

Creepy...
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

LOL, I freak out too when I hear the logging-in-sound near me. I have been scared so many times by blue-named looters logging in the middle of pk b:surrender
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Creepy...

I can also give you a list of sins that can't figure out why I can Crystal Light them in stealth and have threatened to report me for hax.

And hey it's not like I obsessively stalk these people. Infact it's the other way around. I just learn this stuff by heart because I like living. :C
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Similar to Longie with sins, I have a mental list of archers I know I can expel vs. because I know they're too dumb to use metal attacks. 8)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Tsyren - Archosaur
    Tsyren - Archosaur Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Lmao, just relooked over how this thread.
    My sin is baby, uncharmed, G13+8... can kill R9s.
    Now that won't be possible, Q_Q I actually liked killing people with skill as opposed to zerk and buying a charm D:
    The sentence below is true.
    The sentence above is false.
  • doitmuku
    doitmuku Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ************************************************** *************************
    Translated by Asterelle:
    Archer
    ************************************************** *************************

Ill try my hand at doing the archer stuff.

Sage Quickshot: Changed from "50% chance to give 20 additional chi" to "10 additional chi and 10s of 20% more crit"

Sage Stun Arrow: Changed from 1 additional second of stun to 1.5 additional seconds of stun

Sage Stormrage Eagleon: Changed from a 30s duration to 15s duraction. Total damage increased to 600% of weapon attack. Phys / Mag attack debuff increased from 20% equipment value to 50% equipment value.

Demon Stormrage Eagleon: Slow effect raised from 50% to 80%. Total metal damage raised to 600% weapon attack.

Blood Vow: Range changed from 30m to standard "Ranged". Cooldown reduced from 5 minutes to 2 minutes. No longer lowers own max hp. Damage increased by 150% weapon attack. Metal damage duration lowered from 30s to 9s. Additional damage still 4444

Sage Vicious Arrow: Duration decreased from 15s to 9 seconds. Total damage increased by 100% weapon attack. MP drain raised from 100 MP per tick to 300 MP.
    increases wood damage by 35%???? (i dont know)

Demon Vicious Arrow: Duration decreased from 12s to 6s. Damage increased by 100% weapon attack.

Sage Serrated Arrow: Duration decreased from 12s to 6s. Damage increased by 100% weapon attack.

Demon Serrated Arrow: Duration decreased from 15s to 9s. Damage increased by 100% weapon attack. Health regen per tick increased from 40 to 100.

Awaken: Cooldown reduced from 15 minutes to 5 minutes

still not enough for me.. i demand knockback to player and better winged shell... muahahhahahhahaha.. b:laugh
  • doitmuku
    doitmuku Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Serrated and Vicious arrow - The dots are still incredibly bad since they cant crit or benefit from attack levels. Really for a DoT to be useful to me they have to have a DoT of at least 1200% weapon damage (a normal arrow's crit worth of damage). If it can't do the damage of a single normal arrow then why are we wasting time casting it when we could just fire 2 arrows?

the good part from Sage Vicious Arrow is mp drain.. with 300 per tick i think it will make low mp class suffering..
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i wish channeling for heal pet is reduce like mystic heal skill QQ
  • Rerum - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i wish channeling for heal pet is reduce like mystic heal skill QQ

Not only they buffed every single offensive skill for the veno, but they also reduced the 100s debuff cooldown by a nasty amount to the point they are now a threat, Antimony renders an arcane useless with a 90% chan debuff, they either purify/faith or GF, every 2 mins= win, Fossilized renders an aps useless with a 100% aps debuff and no longer increase defense, every 2 mins? yes please. On top of that they increase seal chance, stun duration, overtime duration, and natural sinergy, o yea venos also have two antistun, purge, 2 increased damage skill, and nasty random debuffs.

I wish wizes had so many improvementes. In fact all I wanted was a buff to Manifest Virtue, but nha they had to improve the other one, silly china... b:cry
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Not only they buffed every single offensive skill for the veno, but they also reduced the 100s debuff cooldown by a nasty amount to the point they are now a threat, Antimony renders an arcane useless with a 90% chan debuff, they either purify/faith or GF, every 2 mins= win, Fossilized renders an aps useless with a 100% aps debuff and no longer increase defense, every 2 mins? yes please. On top of that they increase seal chance, stun duration, overtime duration, and natural sinergy, o yea venos also have two antistun, purge, 2 increased damage skill, and nasty random debuffs.

I wish wizes had so many improvementes. In fact all I wanted was a buff to Manifest Virtue, but nha they had to improve the other one, silly china... b:cry

Well, everyone's been complaining that Venos are useless, so it was pretty much a given that they would get a boost.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I like how the most OP class got no nerfs.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

This is PWE, their logic is kinda like that. And it's not like they can nerf Assassins significantly without pissing off a massive portion of the population. We have tons of people who have Assassins as farming alts, there's tons of R9 sins, that one third cast R9 sin.

I, too, would be rather upset if they nerfed Assassins a lot. Not because I enjoy being overpowered, but because I enjoy what the class represents. To me, I chose Assassin because the class is a perfect match of what I wanted: A durable DD.

The best that PWE can do is to bring the other classes closer to the top dog.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This is PWE, their logic is kinda like that. And it's not like they can nerf Assassins significantly without pissing off a massive portion of the population. We have tons of people who have Assassins as farming alts, there's tons of R9 sins, that one third cast R9 sin.

I, too, would be rather upset if they nerfed Assassins a lot. Not because I enjoy being overpowered, but because I enjoy what the class represents. To me, I chose Assassin because the class is a perfect match of what I wanted: A durable DD.

The best that PWE can do is to bring the other classes closer to the top dog.

I'm not saying go drastic and cap APS and remove blood paint etc.
    I'm looking at a more reasonable change

Cut the effectiveness of your CC's down or how many you actually get (You already get 5+ and at least one of each type)

Cut the amount of chi gained from inner harmony and RDS down. They cut my sage wingspan in half recently why not nerf yours while they are at it. :P

Change how Stealth works in a sense of put on a timer or have it consume chi instead of mana and or increase the CD of Shadow Escape.

Things of that nature.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Cut the effectiveness of your CC's down or how many you actually get (You already get 5+ and at least one of each type)

Cut the amount of chi gained from inner harmony and RDS down. They cut my sage wingspan in half recently why not nerf yours while they are at it. :P

Change how Stealth works in a sense of put on a timer or have it consume chi instead of mana and or increase the CD of Shadow Escape.

Things of that nature.

Yep, isnt aps what makes them OP, but their buffs effects, cds, chi gain from skills...
  • Rerum - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options

Their logic is that instead of nerfing, Sins are getting as few improvements as possible, while others are getting plenty, venos for example got many boosts, and clerics got many tweaks to the purple night dance set of skills.

Edited: No point in arguing lol.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Doesn't this just mean everyone need to start getting whole sparks for doing so much as breathing?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • SeekerBuffer - Heavens Tear
    SeekerBuffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Things of that nature.

This +1
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm happy for my cleric skill to get faster and stronger, but were is the balance if all the class get a damage boost, cool down reduction, and ...

Oh nvm I'm a go play a fps !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    One final change for the seekers, which I kinda missed the last time around.b:surrender

Battousai:
    All versions have had their cast time reduced to 1.3 seconds.

Edit*Updated post to reflect this.
  • Rerum - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Corrected all cleric skills based on Asterelle skill extraction. HP curse heal the Cleric, Elven Boon seal chance is 35%.
  • Edalus - Momaganon
    Edalus - Momaganon Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Things of that nature.

The bulk of players who do play assassins are just using here and there a CC skill to prepare for slicing and dicing their opponents via aps.

Nothing would prevent this "tactic" if any of those drastic wanna-be solutions would be applied, you mentioned, or any of your proposals.

I am using a sage full r9 sin and like to use skills (have demon sin too though), but by this playstyle I do no longer see that the assassin is in any way more overpowered than any other class with the same gear (sometimes the skills seem relatively slow in execution compared to the other classes); plus I am nearly unable to kill a barb at the same equip level.
    Yes, a sin can get chi relatively fast, but his main overkill source of chi is his aps.

The bulk of the players here is simply not able to get used to a stealth class which is squishy in exchange for a few seconds of high evasion and high damage. If anyone would make videos of normal geared sins in TWs, then one would see how fast they are taken down or of standard sins pk'ing how fast a group is able to kill a sin outside of a TW.

But yes, a sin is able to stealth and to kill or to vanish from a fight and wait till everything is ready again; but wait, where is the problem? If he fails in one of these ways the assassin is dead faster as one could read this sentence.
    In every game the stealth class there gets stealth and has to go melee, but here in PWI the players are not able to deal with this?! If someone thinks he has something useful to say about sins, most of the time I get answers like "no assassins anymore" or "take away the stealth"; well, as far as I can see the bulk of players here can only understand how a bm works but every other type of melee fighter is beyond their scope. So, the assassin would have become some type of bm clone if the bulk of players had something to say.

But with the aid of stealth a sin would be able to one-shoot someone easily? No, that is not very probable, more probable would be that the one-shot were flatfotted (and that is the sense of a stealth class) or had just not spend enough money to be on equal gear level. And seriously, if a sin would not be able to take down his opponent very fast, how could a squishy stealth class make sense?

Ah, and yes, my sin is not so squishy anymore, but that is solely due to the money I spend on that toon.
  • Catal - Lost City
    Catal - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Not sure if someone has already posted but forgot to put that seekers magic attacks will also trigger God of Frenzy as the P attacks do thought id add that if someone posted already sorry i didnt feel like reading 18 pages (excluding Edged Blur)
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I wished they would cut down the mp usage of Seeker's Vortex b:surrender
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Seems really unfair to Mystics