Caster Nirvana Talismans Qq V 2.0

Options

Comments

• Marna - Harshlands
    Marna - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's not fair, the aps was nurfed in a verrryyy insignificant way..
    and now we, the casters can no longer do caster multiple times in one day
    which means i can no longer gear myself up.
    i don't have money 2 catshop
    so if i go down, i will make sure i take other people with me.
    If u make freekin caster (give us hope), at least leave it as it is, it's not like it's freekin easy 2 do it anyway.

....I said it once when the GM was on and i say it again "F U GM, F U PWI"
    I for one like playing magic classes, i don't like any other, so i don't have an aps class.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You can still do what? Like 3 Caster Nirvanas per day? You get better drops AND a reward for finishing it. You can still do regular Nirvana.

hmmm lets see for a harder dungeon and longer and a timed ticket and still having to use a key we get Bam bam bam bam b:victory usually 6 cannies and 2 raps each run
    In regular Nirvana (I'm a veno I can do either one doesn't matter as much to me) we Usually get bam bam bam bam b:cute 5-6 cannies and 1 or two raps b:pleased Considering I think the slightly increased rate is normal and shouldn't be a factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    He ran an average of 27 nirvys per day b:shocked

Yea. Nirvana Hotel!!

I cannot tell you the accurate number of vanas he did per day but he has 2x R9+12 charas doing crazy caster runs, both charas on DD mode... pretty much he can run a caster in the same time as an aps squad, just wasting the time to find people willing to open and since he was paying for the keys-talisman it wont be a huge issue.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    hmmm lets see for a harder dungeon and longer and a timed ticket and still having to use a key we get Bam bam bam bam b:victory usually 6 cannies and 2 raps each run
    In regular Nirvana (I'm a veno I can do either one doesn't matter as much to me) we Usually get bam bam bam bam b:cute 5-6 cannies and 1 or two raps b:pleased Considering I think the slightly increased rate is normal and shouldn't be a factor.

But 3 or 4 persons can run regular nirvya and do it 100 times in a day if they want, even with a full squad of well geared r8 s it takes 15 min or more to finish it... i 5 aps 3 -4 man squad can finish regular nirvy in what? 7 min? and their profit will be higher than a 6 man squad of course.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yea. Nirvana Hotel!!

I cannot tell you the accurate number of vanas he did per day but he has 2x R9+12 charas doing crazy caster runs, both charas on DD mode... pretty much he can run a caster in the same time as an aps squad, just wasting the time to find people willing to open and since he was paying for the keys-talisman it wont be a huge issue.

Well.. one of the strongest r9 +12 wizzys of my server can solo caster in 25 min.. lets say that it takes 12 min for him to solo... so is still like 5.4 hours of caster per day..
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yea. Nirvana Hotel!!

I know bms and sins that do the same thing, I don't see the difference. I would gladly take a small decrease in drops to be able to run non stop nv like aps characters =/
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yea. Nirvana Hotel!!

so, those people who he paid for the keys and talisman also came to DD? Cause with 2 r9+12 chars, you still gonna take at least 30 mins to finish caster.

btw, who is this? All the r9 wiz i've seen don't have recast.
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options

@ MiniST- No, he solo the whole caster vana... he just pay other to help openning the dungeon, and it takes less than 30min per run. Anyway he has enought time like to do vanas all the day long.

And going back to the real thread thingy....b:avoid

Remove limited time on talismans, make those stackable and....

[ insert here your suggestions ]
    edited February 2012
    Options

@ MiniST- No he solo the whole caster vana... he just pay other to help openning the dungeon, and it takes less than 30min per run. Anyway he has enought time like to do vanas all the day long.

And going back to the real thread thingy....b:avoid

Remove limited time on talismans, make those stackable and....

[ insert here your suggestions ]

Gave us 3 talis without need to do 2 bh s to get the 3
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Casters Nirvana takes casters around half an hour, and upwards....aps squads take 5 mins.

Casters Nirvana is hard on casters, and **** charm...aps squads run through regular nirvy like a knife through hot butter.

Casters Nirvana has a higher reward...but is hard on casters, **** charm, and takes them a while to complete...aps nirvana has a lower drop rate, but is easy on aps, and they complete it as quick as I run bh29 for low leveled players. (Around 5 mins.)

Mysterious man gives casters 1 talisman...regular nirvy gets 3 keys.

Talismans are timed and NON STACKABLE...Regular keys are not timed, and are stackable.

Bh reward grants talismans...Bh reward grants keys too.

The longer taking, harder, but with more profit on a single run...but a longer legnth of time required casters nirvana is now nerfed so that the instance cannot be run an infinite amount of times per day...whereas the regular nirvana...the one that aps murders in 5 mins takes no penalty, and can be run an infinite amount of time, and people are actually saying that this is a fair action being implemented.

@ChiefZoltar: You should know as well as I do that casters, and other characters don't get to run regular nirvana normally if at all.

Here is a run down...

Sins (High aps) = Run nirvana regularly

Bm (Fists and high aps build) = Run nirvana regularly

Sins (Low aps) = Lucky if they ever run it.

BM (Low aps or axe/pole/sword build = Lucky if they ever get in.

Cleric = May get a squad, but odds are you won't.

Veno = May get a squad, but odds are you won't.

Archer (Bow build) = Lucky if you ever get in.

Archer (Fist build) = May get a squad...somewhat tougher since bp does not heal them.

Barb (Claw build) = May get a squad.

Barb (Other builds) = Lucky if they ever get in.

Psys/ Wizzies/ Mystics/ Seekers = Lucky if they ever get in.

Seekers and barbs...and low aps melees have it even worse...since they can't run nirvy in either category. So no, not everyone can get in. There wouldn't be a line of people standing in front of nirvana broadcasting that they'd sell keys if something was not broken. I wouldn't be flying back and forth on my cleric if something was not broken there.

"Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Veno = May get a squad, but odds are you won't.

I agree with you in mostly of what you typed except this, as sage full skilled veno I can easy get vana squad, pretty much clericless, at least in Santuary server is not so weird see in wc vana aps squads asking for a sage-demon amp veno to join them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    okay then why not fix the cancle-fly glitch, if you're stun while cancle, u stay in mid air and can't fly or get onto the ground. What about distance shrink glitch? you can't use genie or **** on immoblize anymore?

p/s: michael_dark is a sore loser, kid would get wreck 1on1 if he was in my server b:bye
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    okay then why not fix the cancle-fly glitch, if you're stun while cancle, u stay in mid air and can't fly or get onto the ground. What about distance shrink glitch? you can't use genie or **** on immoblize anymore?

p/s: michael_dark is a sore loser, kid would get wreck 1on1 if he was in my server b:bye

Sas, u sure you posted on the right thread? xD

*hugz*
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sas, u sure you posted on the right thread? xD

*hugz*

nei b:cute <3
    edited February 2012
    Options

I agree with you in mostly of what you typed except this, as sage full skilled veno I can easy get vana squad, pretty much clericless, at least in Santuary server is not so weird see in wc vana aps squads asking for a sage-demon amp veno to join them.

That does not happens in DW for example.
    As usual SerenityCNB is right..
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

So sad to hear this since venos are great debuff machines, chi makers and can bramble.
    Those aps squads usually are filled with BM, Sin, sometimes an aps demon barb, a good veno fits really well there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Reward? you don t get any reward for finishing caster nirvy.

For Euthymius looks like the option to get talis is not abailable at the npc.
    ._.
    Somehow, I'm not suprised. Throw a 2x at us while stripping our ability to farm our NV as much as the APSers farm the regular one...
    Lets see you get into normal nv as a wizard, especially on x2. Why are our runs even limited? Maybe they should start timing nv keys so you can only do 3 a day.

This too. Another thing this causes is a decrease in caster NV runs in general simply due to players having fewer talismans on hand. For example, if a squad of six had 18 talismans in tota, but only ran 6 times (say, everyone opened at least once), there would still be 12 talismans in total, and those players may go on to make their own squads or join other ones (especially common during 2x).

Now that everyone's talisman is consumed upon opening, fewer runs are going to be done in one session, and fewer casters will have tailsmans to run with others when their first squad breaks. Being unable to get more talismans from Morai just makes things worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options

DW need to get with the system. Sage venos can amp 30% = 260% with HF. And Debuff phy 40% which adds another 10-20% damage. Had sins hit 95k with g13 daggers.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Oh cmon, Caster nirv is the "Easy mode Nirvana" with higher drop rate. It was about time.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Oh cmon, Caster nirv is the "Easy mode Nirvana" with higher drop rate. It was about time.

ROFL you are talking from a lvl 96 Sin, have you ever done a caster nirvy before?
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Easy mode? Aps nvs have spark macros that you can afk on and we get a boss that one shots everyone just because he feels like it.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    DW need to get with the system. Sage venos can amp 30% = 260% with HF. And Debuff phy 40% which adds another 10-20% damage. Had sins hit 95k with g13 daggers.

Your math is wrong, 30% amp + 200% hf = 230%. HF doesn't amplify the amplification, amplifying effect stacks are adding not multiplying each other.

This game was made to have ALL classes overpowered now they're **** everyone till we reach the so claimed balance.

Be patient.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ROFL you are talking from a lvl 96 Sin, have you ever done a caster nirvy before?

Yes I did, with a crappy psychic r8 +5 and it was pretty easy.

Now, for the normal nirv, you dont enter it if you're +5, you must be +8 or more and higher than 3.33 aps or GTFO.
  • emmaapincha
    emmaapincha Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Its totally unfair that melee classes can run ilimited times in a day while casters can only do it 2 or 3 times cause the talisman. Casters only have got the talis from BH I, BH II and misterious old man, so that means only 3 runs per day which its totally bad.
    PWI its a great game but its made by humans, so that means can have error and many things to fix like this one so i hope the pwi equip to listen to the replies of this post, listen to the many voices of casters and non casters that think this is unfair for us, i hope pwi to do something that will allow us to run as many times as we want in a day.
    I thought btw that decent version was going to quit advantages from other classes in relation with others.. but this change didnt do that, did the opposite thing.

well, ty pwi for the awesome game, hope this error to be fixed

my regards.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Your math is wrong, 30% amp + 200% hf = 230%. HF doesn't amplify the amplification, amplifying effect stacks are adding not multiplying each other.

This game was made to have ALL classes overpowered now they're **** everyone till we reach the so claimed balance.

Be patient.

no, damage modifiers are multiplied not added.
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    bleh this sucks.. I can understand the bug being fixed but in a way, the bug allowed casters to compete with aps for farming capabilities.

I do like the idea suggested of talismans not expiring.. or having a longer shelf-life. Some compromise can/should be made such that casters can run more than 1-2 runs a day when not able to do stacked bhs. It will be interesting to see how quickly talis can be gained from the new Order quests. If it is a chore, or even half the hassle of running a lunar bh just to get 1 talisman, then not much fun

And as a **public service announcement**, if you are on Dreamweaver and completed a bh and are of a class that will *not* be doing casters... do not trade in your talis for a measly 5 mirages right away.. People will pay 250-350K for caster openers (I know I do) and why not see if you can get more bang for your bh buck first before racing off to settle for a lousy 50K worth of mats. Getting openers for casters is also more of a hassle during 2x than regular nirv, one of several disadvantages the squishies have for farming the instance.

If talismans lasted, say, 48 hours instead of 24, more people would be inclined to use their talis for openers rather than race to squander at server rollover. Furthermore for full caster squads, it would be easier to get a "run going" when all squishies have 3-4 talis to make the run worthwhile before the loot split
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    no, damage modifiers are multiplied not added.

You saying Sage subsea + HF + Sage amp = 390% damage then.
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You saying Sage subsea + HF + Sage amp = 390% damage then.

crazy math going on!
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    crazy math going on!

This veno's using theory from
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Amplifying_Damage

Which says that 50% subsea + 100% HF + 30% amp = (1.5) x (2.0) x (1.3) = 3.9

Edit: This is why I say AMP stacking is adding not multiplying.
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This veno's using theory from
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Amplifying_Damage

Which says that 50% subsea + 100% HF + 30% amp = (1.5) x (2.0) x (1.3) = 3.9

just 2 spark shadow jump wind sheild aps her! show her whose the broken class on PWI mate