Post your thoughts on them removig Fairy Boxes

Options

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well let's all just wait for Frankie or Geno to wake up and explain why this happened... Maybe there actualy is a reason...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well let's all just wait for Frankie or Geno to wake up and explain why this happened... Maybe there actualy is a reason...
    Forget it. Frankie is here and reads all forums, but he doesn't answer. Especially on situations like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rrghyydf
    rrghyydf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back

i'm so gonna bump this every day. THE DROPS SUCK NOW COME ON PWI

I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back I want them back
    b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • ILIKETURTLES - Heavens Tear
    ILIKETURTLES - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I like turtles.

Agreed.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Forget it. Frankie is here and reads all forums, but he doesn't answer. Especially on situations like this.

I'm pretty sure that ppl also need to eat, sleep, ****, and have a private life... Even if they are a GM... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that ppl also need to eat, sleep, ****, and have a private life... b:shocked
    You be sure on 100%, that frankie is here. Especially after this big update. I realized it many times in past, when he responded on total BS and not necessary to respond in many threads. He is here and reading, but doesn't answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that ppl also need to eat, sleep, ****, and have a private life... Even if they are a GM... b:shocked

It's noon there, on a WEd.... pretty sure they're on the clock and reading this, and not giving a ****. Either that or waiting to see if this blows into a 500 page thread like the SP **** did.
  • Thayl - Heavens Tear
    Thayl - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Please reverted atleast 2-1 common that is lvl 74-79 so u can open boxes, why would i want bosses to drop Perfect Stones?, i mean 1-1 is ok if they drop that but 2-1 subbed 2 bosses drop PS now. Stop the NERF in places that is not needed. b:angry
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    serously if PW thinks they can keep giving us ways to fianlyl get things done then keep takign it away..... ya I feel like i just got b*tch slapped in the face and told to go charge my credit card more.....

About to go find a new game if something's not done here, no bullsh!t this time. I WAS GOING to try Rusty heartz and um.. Raiderz.... when i get a new tv and can start using my big pc again.....but not anymore.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's noon there, on a WEd.... pretty sure they're on the clock and reading this, and not giving a ****. Either that or waiting to see if this blows into a 500 page thread like the SP **** did.

Ah ok... Diffirent time zone here... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frogtamer
    frogtamer Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I wonder how many, like myself farm TT and then spend it all on tokens ?
    Tokens then cover things such as -Subs, Hypers (I need a set a day to grind normal map mobs), Crab meat, MP food, and whatever garnets I make up for my lower toons, add to this the many other items people make from them !
    point is at some point, a player pays out Real $ to buy the packs those tokens come from.

best PW use the safety catch before they shoot themselfs in the other foot )
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    too late, they jsut shot themselves in the head.
  • Yueliang - Lost City
    Yueliang - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    THIS THREAD WON'T DIE UNTIL FAIRY BOXES ARE BACK b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well...... lemme 'splain it to ya.......

From the company's point of view, fairy boxes were supposed to limit the amount of free refining happening, and have ended up doing the opposite. More mirages in game means more refines without orbs, which PW sees as less sales (because of a failure of strategic thinking).

A better solution would have been to raise the npc buy price for mirages. This would result in less mirages being used to refine without cash items. It would also raise the demand for gold, as the free/cheap players have more coin to spend. There are 2 reasons in game for high gold prices, one is desirable and the other is not, either demand is high due to a surplus of coin, or supply is low due to a lack of motivation to charge zen. By making the game more fun (and seem more profitable) for free/cheap players, you raise the in-game population, creating more incentive to charge zen for cash players (really, why should I buy r9 to fight the same 10-20 people every day?).

Not that they would do something so sensible, they prefer chopping of their nose to cure a cold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yueliang - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well...... lemme 'splain it to ya.......

From the company's point of view, fairy boxes were supposed to limit the amount of free refining happening, and have ended up doing the opposite. More mirages in game means more refines without orbs, which PW sees as less sales (because of a failure of strategic thinking).

A better solution would have been to raise the npc buy price for mirages. This would result in less mirages being used to refine without cash items. It would also raise the demand for gold, as the free/cheap players have more coin to spend. There are 2 reasons in game for high gold prices, one is desirable and the other is not, either demand is high due to a surplus of coin, or supply is low due to a lack of motivation to charge zen. By making the game more fun (and seem more profitable) for free/cheap players, you raise the in-game population, creating more incentive to charge zen for cash players (really, why should I buy r9 to fight the same 10-20 people every day?).

Not that they would do something so sensible, they prefer chopping of their nose to cure a cold.

Agreed, many players will unlike PWI'S FB if they don't put it back, plus the Zen buyers will sell less gold to players since they took out the fairy boxes. PW is only LOSING MONEY from TAKING AWAY THE FAIRY BOXES.

b:cry
  • soulkillar
    soulkillar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    GIVE US THE FAIRY BOX BACK ITS THE ONLY DAMN WAY TO MAKE SOME MONEY FOR NON CHASH PLAYERS AND ALOT EASIER I WONT GRIND MOBS FOR AGES TO GET SOME STUPID AMOUNT OF COINS I WANT MY DAMN FAIRY BOXES BACKb:angryb:angryb
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol i just said somthing in guild thought i should put on here.

PWI basically just said "If you want anything that costs more then you can grind off mobs (which isnt' much since we nerfed that anyway) before you're 100 and can even make any decent coin, whip out your credit card and start charging" by taking out the boxes.

Slap us in the face more PW... apparently we like it... NOT
  • SoulkillerX - Raging Tide
    SoulkillerX - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I Dont usualy complain about things but This is just slap in the face give me one ***** damn way to gain money accept for cash nth we either farm years to get the only gd end game gear and have no life i want the fairy box backb:angry
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This is ****ing ridiculous, boxes was one of the few ways i could make any real coin in this game, give yourself an upper-cut PWi, u just ****ed over your (no cash shopping)player base .... again.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Yueliang - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:angry YEA FAIRY BOXES BACK, OTHERWISE WE'LL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m48GqaOz90 THIS THREAD b:angry b:laugh
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Only heard of these so called "fairy boxes"... never actually gotten one myself. So don't really care.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LET THE RAGE BEGINb:angry
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Never cared bout TT, hate that place a lot but it was a decent income for farmers, pwi successfully removed a nice way to refine your gears cheap or to sell them for profit, I wonder if mirage prices will go up dramatically.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    COMON PWI MAKE US GAIN SOME ***** MONEY INSTEAD CASH b:angry GIVE US THE DAMN FAIRY BOXES.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Frankie, Geno, anyone care to comment? b:avoid
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I still have enough boxes on two accounts to last a month, I'll complain then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • rrghyydf
    rrghyydf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:angryb:cry i have left 9 boxes
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ya i woulda done nothing but TT in that month long 2X too if i hadn't thought about it till the end.... >.< lucky u Known.... rest of us aren't so much. I dot' see myself getting my sin nirv daggers anymore... not plopping 200 bucks or w/e into a game for one thing (maybe when i get 100 and can farm nirv we'll see how long it'd take but still..... this is a slap in our faces bigger then SP...). I JUST got a alt to 70 so it'd take 6 months to open boxes from another month long 2X instead of a year..... and they take em out lol I mean seriously it takes that long to open them.... how the hell does that make sucha big dent in their pockets they have to remove them? I'd love to see the b.s. explanation for this one.

And before u tell me to merchant or something.... um nope. Not leaving a pc on 24/7 and trying to worm my way into a niche on something with 50 other catshops sellin the same thing.....

Sometimes i'm lucky & find things ridiculously underpriced on the AH... but meh.
  • Dakunaito - Lost City
    Dakunaito - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:angry Yea bring the fariy boxes back or I send a little serious dude to u http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynoT189JwJE b:angry and he very serious when he gives u the look b:laugh
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ohh well it seems it would take us ages if not years to get some cash now lets farm like crazy and have no life PWI u just made the game worser all u want is ***** money atleast have some freaken min of your life to check the games yourself and see how its goin b:angry