Duplicated Love: Up And Downs?

Comments

• Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would also add that it's probably far too early after being notified of a potential issue to immediately know what the cause is.

I'm pretty sure that something like this will require investigation by people who know their way around the system technically. As far as I know, frankieraye isn't part of the technical team at PWE.

I imagine once things have been investigated that we'll find out what's been happening. Afterall, repercussions of potential duplication of items is pretty damn serious to the integrity of the game.

I appreciate people will have their views on the integrity of the game with regards to the sales that PW have ran but this potential issue I would suggest is as or more serious as it's something outwith PWE's control.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If this is true, then there is no telling on how many Jade of steady defense have been duped so far, or raptures or cannys, I knew something was wrong when I saw ppl that literally appeared out of nowhere with +12 full 24x JOSD, tose freaking gems are uber expensive, how so many got so many of those... now I know why. I suggest a witch hunt on every single player with anything over 8x JOSD. b:chuckle

This bug is usually terminative in a MMORPG, either they find the bug and fix it before the dmg is beyond repair, or it gets leaked and is bye bye for PWI. b:bye
  • Kytes - Dreamweaver
    Kytes - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If this is real and remains unfixed it might be a good time for everyone to bring back and update their "Game is dead." sigs.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If this is real and remains unfixed it might be a good time for everyone to bring back and update their "Game is dead." sigs.

the irony would be that in the end, its not PWI who caused it
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    server wipe, bug fixed, all gold credited to gold account, giant - fast acting gold sink added to boutique
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    If only it wasn't a PWE game.b:mischievous

Actually Kritty, rule 19 can be interpreted to mean either dont talk about ANY mmorpg, with the point about other versions of PW and other free to play games, or any non-pwe game.. it doesnt specifically state in the rules that mentioning PWE games is ok ;) it does however specify mmorpg, and i've seen people get "edited" for mentioning fps games, puzzle games, etc, in the past..

its like the davinci code those rules, lol, can be interpreted differently by different people.. BUT, its better then 40+ pages of legal mumbo jumbo like the updated ToS i just got in my email from a certain recently **** console gaming manufacturer..

As for the dupe thing.. i did google search like the one poster suggested, just out of curiosity, and most everything i found was from back in 2009.. which i'll assume has since been fixxed... i did however see a post about a "website" that can **** some coins into your account, for a fee of course.. perhaps this site, and other like it, are part of the reason for the account hacks as of late??

P.S. yes i like to knit-pick sometimes, all in fun tho :)
  • Scuzeme - Dreamweaver
    Scuzeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Frankie doesn't seem to me a smoothtalker.
    He says little , maybe a bit too little.
    Well as stated before, he just wants to ease our minds.
    Oh only if he would have no other responsibilties, and didnt had to write reports.
    PWRD showed a significant boost on the stockmarket in 2010, due to..... firing lots of ppl.
    Maybe hire some more people?
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    at the very least, pwi is becoming more like the private servers yo +12 everywhere and now LUAD's everywhere lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Iemonade - Lost City
    Iemonade - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh only if he would have no other responsibilties, and didnt had to write reports.
    PWRD showed a significant boost on the stockmarket in 2010, due to..... firing lots of ppl.
    Maybe hire some more people?

Hire more people? There stock has fallen from 23$ a share to 13.41 a share in the last month alone...down from a 52 week high of 32$ a share... hire more people.. ya right their stock is down right plummeting lol.

http://www.bing.com/finance/search?q=PWRD&FORM=DTPFSA&qpvt=pwrd
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011

It's also important that he doesn't jump to conclusions and declare it to be duping until he knows for sure that it is.

I mean, sure, it probably is. And it's very possible that he even thinks that. But until he knows for certain, it's best to say nothing other than that it's being looked into.

No matter what he says there will be someone to flame him for it, so better to error on the side of caution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Looking into it. My bet is it's accounts getting **** and the hackers are liquidating the items.

I'll see what i can find.

your going to have to do a shade better than "I bet" especially considering your recent lack of truthieness.

a losing bet on your end means, farming is dead, and cash shopping is dead. why work for something or pay for something when it can be duplicated. anyone thinking of spending money on this game after duping is an alternative for acquiring items would be better served by setting their money on fire as a source of heat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ive stoped answering/opening all emails from PWI even if it is legit because of the hacking situation. this company makes me facepalm.

at one point i praised it as being a very good MMO. but the way this company handles bugs/hackers/glitches is just ****ing pathetic.
  • Barbapapa - Harshlands
    Barbapapa - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sure took forever for a thread to be created about this. I made a post regarding this in the Emergency Maintenance when it went up, but for some reason, a thread which was a hot topic became unstickied and got lost in all the random spam, good stuff. We even filed a ticket well before the Emergency Maintenance took place about this entire issue because if left unchecked it means the end for the game. I guess it pretty much is that right now, the people duplicating probably have been doing so for months and are now just getting to the point where they no longer care if it becomes obvious that the items being sold are duplicated.

They've become so arrogant and confident in the fact that PWE won't do anything about it because there are never GMs on anymore anyway, the game is being run by itself without any kind of supervision. I remember 3 years ago you'd randomly get teleported somewhere by a GM if there was even a minor hint that you might be doing something fishy, like grinding in the same spot for 10 hours straight on a miji.

So now there is over 20 billion coins floating around in the economy that shouldn't be there, and that's a very, very low estimate. I'm going to guess it might be the tenfold of that even and there is just nothing they can do anymore, honestly. Dozens of people have bought items because they thought it was a good deal, more have bought and resold, the money got reinvested, turned over and increased over time. The +11/+12 Orbs were taken out for this reason, that was our guess back then and that's what I still believe.

I hope they fix it for the future, but the damage is already done, a certain group of people is sitting on billions of coins and then hundreds of people have made money off the items, been paid out in coins created from sales of those items, etc. Depending on how long it has been going on, it's quite possible that more than 50% of a server has been in contact with coins created through the sale of a duplicated item. Have fun fixing that.

At least double drop is almost over, can go back to logging in only for TW.

Edit: And of course, a topic like this is food for the chums that now get interested in duplicating, google, and end up either: getting ****, finding the actual program, or find nothing. The last scenario being the only decent ending to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    soul your 100 now omg ? how are you doing ? and yeah you are right :) how are you doing ?

Always the peaceful 100% PvE Cleric b:cute
    Im mostly on alts,there are days that I run TT non-stop,and days when I just hang around joining random squads.Despite I can earn 10M a day with TT alone,Im usually too lazy and sometimes I just grind old-style on mobs.

Since I don't wanna make this post off-topic,I'll add the on-topic part here:

Duplicated stuff QQ another glitch that gonna get abused QQ and ruin the game even more QQ

\endQQ
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • /polIo - Sanctuary43
    /polIo - Sanctuary43 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just google PWI dupe **** forum,
    there is even a discussion going on regarding the dupe getting out of hand, and they can't control it. Some 'developers on pwi are discussing it right now and asking for help.
    Must be other versions of PWI(so I will not discuss it further)
    Still the core codes remains the same.
    So i dont really think the same as what Frankie said about hacking....
    chance for accounts **** contains LUD?, than those ppl MUST have other valuable stuff too..... Dont hear any rumors about those items sold in bulk or cheap. And why only on those servers....
    Big spenders in game have multiple account over different servers...
    I am sure it's political right from Frankie to say that, to ease our minds, but we aint no small children.
    It might be that the devs in china knew there were ppl dupehacking, and hence the +11 and +12 were pulled out, you can't trace when an orb is consumed I guess.
    Also add to the fact that the PWRD stock dropped a bit around the time.
    Well anywayz I dont really really mind.
    I am here for the fun on a PVE server. I dont PK or do PVP, and I am happy for all those who have far superior gear and weapon over me.

that thread you see discussing said dupe **** was from private servers and their GM's/Developers discussing how it plagued the private server industry who had Perfect World as their games.

This is pretty much a newfound possibility for PWI.
  • SubtleSpeed - Lost City
    SubtleSpeed - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hmm Game dieing, everyone quitting cause of duping? Hmm... let me think back... What Blizzard Entertainment game has had Duping hardcore for the past 7+ years and is still running strong? Game didn't die and there are still a lot of Hardcore players still playing it.

All you doomsayers need to just shut it and go play another game if you are so unhappy here. Nothing is keeping you here, except your own ego's.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If there is in fact an exploit that's allowing people to dupe this tome and who knows what else, anyone else shocked that HT isn't flooded with these tomes and other high value items yet? I say this because HT seems to have quite a few people that have no problem with exploiting glitches that will give them an advantage and there isn't a single Love: Up and Down in our AH right now.

It seems like something fishy is definitely going on, but I have to wonder if it's a dupe or related to all the **** accounts recently. I would have expected to see a lot more rage from players if that many tomes were actually stolen from accounts recently.

b:puzzled
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If there is in fact an exploit that's allowing people to dupe this tome and who knows what else, anyone else shocked that HT isn't flooded with these tomes and other high value items yet? I say this because HT seems to have quite a few people that have no problem with exploiting glitches that will give them an advantage and there isn't a single Love: Up and Down in our AH right now.

It seems like something fishy is definitely going on, but I have to wonder if it's a dupe or related to all the **** accounts recently. I would have expected to see a lot more rage from players if that many tomes were actually stolen from accounts recently.

b:puzzled

Assuming the "duplicate ****" is legit and gets leaked, HT, as well as a large majority of others will swarm, copy and paste the instructions, or SS the post. Afterwards, its game over.

Just like the FC glitch when a player exposed it on the forums months ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    your going to have to do a shade better than "I bet" especially considering your recent lack of truthieness.

a losing bet on your end means, farming is dead, and cash shopping is dead. why work for something or pay for something when it can be duplicated. anyone thinking of spending money on this game after duping is an alternative for acquiring items would be better served by setting their money on fire as a source of heat.

My bet was based on the fact that reports of a dupe exploit have been coming in since I was a tester for PWI. All reports have ultimately been unfounded.

GM's are working on it as we speak.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Looking into it. My bet is it's accounts getting **** and the hackers are liquidating the items.

I'll see what i can find.

How much are you willing to wager? Because 99% of the Love: Up and Down on HL are bound.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If this is true, then there is no telling on how many Jade of steady defense have been duped so far, or raptures or cannys, I knew something was wrong when I saw ppl that literally appeared out of nowhere with +12 full 24x JOSD, tose freaking gems are uber expensive, how so many got so many of those... now I know why. I suggest a witch hunt on every single player with anything over 8x JOSD. b:chuckle
    im ready for full JoSD but that dont make me or any others a hacker b:chuckle we bought them when they were a mere 33M a pop lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If there is a dupe **** though.. why aren't the hackers just duping 10m big notes?
    Why is it love up and downs on 2 different servers? It might be a dupe that only works with LUAD.

Perhaps a flawed quest or trade was introduced recently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If there is a dupe **** though.. why aren't the hackers just duping 10m big notes?
    Why is it love up and downs on 2 different servers? It might be a dupe that only works with LUAD.

It's a far stretch that the hacker will think of this, but duping notes massively induces inflation, making his coins worth less (not worthless) while duping LUAD only moves money around.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2011

*Monotone* Quickly, take out the packs from the Boutique, they're causing issues.

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Scuzeme - Dreamweaver
    Scuzeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My bet was based on the fact that reports of a dupe exploit have been coming in since I was a tester for PWI. All reports have ultimately been unfounded.

GM's are working on it as we speak.

Thanks for for working on it, would be great though ,if you could update us more frequent.
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Probably going to quit about the time you guys nerf the chi gain and intro the rolling your rank armor deal, but I don't think ill even make it untill then if people are duping. I already feel it saping my motivation to get on and farm...even during 2x.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Probably going to quit about the time you guys nerf the chi gain and intro the rolling your rank armor deal, but I don't think ill even make it untill then if people are duping. I already feel it saping my motivation to get on and farm...even during 2x.

I lold.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    your doing it wrong.
    just sit on your *** as a catshop and let the money flow >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm just waiting for the day I can make Life Everlasting with TT90 Gold Axes.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    your doing it wrong.
    just sit on your *** as a catshop and let the money flow >.>

Indeed. The best way to make money in this game is to play something else while your catshop sits up 24/7. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.