[Breaking News] Secret Passage Being Reverted

Options

Comments

• Jeremiel - Dreamweaver
    Jeremiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

Due to the extremely negative feedback about the recent change to Secret Passage, the developers have agreed to revert it to its original state - the way that it was before the change.

From what I understand, the change is about to be implemented on the Chinese servers, and it will soon take place over here as well.

Thank you for all of your feedback on the matter :)

Update: Just wanted to be up front with you all and set a realistic expectation-

The way that we get content from China is that, instead of giving us one new thing every week or two, they wait a few weeks and then give us a bigger patch with multiple things. Doing it this way makes it easier to test and ensures a more stable client for us.

For this reason, the reversion to Secret Passage will come to us as part of one of these "content-bundles". What this means is that we will not be receiving it next week, and probably not the following week either. The patch with the reversion should be in our version in 3-4 weeks, along with some other cool new content.

So yeah, I'm sorry it has to take this long, but just know that it's on its way, and will be here within the above time-frame.

Also, some of you have asked whether we will now start punishing players for PKing in SP. The answer is that PK will still be allowed in there until it is actually changed with the patch. Remember, the change was made intentionally, so it's not like people are exploiting a bug here.

Thanks all, and let me know if you have any further questions.

Ok so when is ganna happen, its ridiculous the culti mission is in there and none of the low lvls can finish it because of the cowardly high lvl pkers, and i dont mean all of them. There is a few that go through the passage and kill everyone for the hell of it....not kool
  • shmuckfane
    shmuckfane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    How im suposed to do Silver Frost if I get pk ? at least remove all the quests from the cave
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    shmuckfane wrote: »
    How im suposed to do Silver Frost if I get pk ? at least remove all the quests from the cave

Well the most frequent answer given to those of us with a complaint over this harassment play zone... You dont need to do ANYTHING in SP. And the silence from our community manager for more then 4 weeks on the subject pretty well says bend over and accept this blunder wont ever get changed.

Considering there are 2 other games being shut down by the end of the month... I figure this one is next. The lack of real attention to the game while those who should be communicating to the players seems to be ignore us speaks for itself.
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Well the most frequent answer given to those of us with a complaint over this harassment play zone... You dont need to do ANYTHING in SP.
    It can be argued that you don't need to do anything in this game at all. No spiritual cultivation, no BHs or FCC, no Nirvana. You don't even need, gasp, PK. Hell, you don't even need this game at all. But the fact is, it's a game, and games are meant for players to have fun. The sole reason PvE servers exist in the first place is to give carebears some enjoyment without having to deal with kids that love harnessing Video Game Cruelty Potential to it's maximum to harass others.
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    Nahleanna - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    you need the spirit culti to get your skills if you can't get your skills the game is over so FIX IT NOW you idoits ITS SMIPAL AS BANNING PK THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IF SOMEONE DOES PK BANN THEM ON THE SPOT
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    you need the spirit culti to get your skills if you can't get your skills the game is over so FIX IT NOW you idoits ITS SMIPAL AS BANNING PK THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IF SOMEONE DOES PK BANN THEM ON THE SPOT

Lol, isn't the game already over when you hit 100 and got your final culti at the point you could learn those skills you need SP for culti? lol
    There just is no lower level culti in there than 70. Why does everyone argue with false facts b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    you need the spirit culti to get your skills if you can't get your skills the game is over
    Nope.
    so FIX IT NOW you idoits
    lol who are you talking to?
    TS SMIPAL AS BANNING PK THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IF SOMEONE DOES PK BANN THEM ON THE SPOT
    They specifically said the PK was intended, and they can't ban anyone for using intended features, no matter how much you whine and QQ. So until it's fixed, they can't do jack about it.
    Why does everyone argue with false facts b:shocked
    They haven't learned to control their emotions in a mature fashion yet, and they let their emotions control their reasoning.
  • mcfreakie
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It can be argued that you don't need to do anything in this game at all. No spiritual cultivation, no BHs or FCC, no Nirvana. You don't even need, gasp, PK. Hell, you don't even need this game at all. But the fact is, it's a game, and games are meant for players to have fun. The sole reason PvE servers exist in the first place is to give carebears some enjoyment without having to deal with kids that love harnessing

Sorry you didnt catch the sarcastic tone to my reply. I agree games are meant for everyone to have their own enjoyment and there are CHOICES in servers clearly to give those who enjoy different play styles. Its just sad those who prefer total PVP were too dumb to make the right choice in the first place. I have ZERO sympathy for those who had an endgame desire to PVP and roll on a PVE server as they clearly have no concern for others who have chosen to play PVE and are attempting to quest and use SP for its original intended use prior to the many patches trying to convert it to a play land.

And as long as the term Carebear is used then my reference of idiot referring to those who were too damn dumb to roll on a PVP server should be fully accepted. And I wish to thank each of the people who have no interest in the topic who just come here to troll... Each time I see this topic at the top I smile.
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lol, isn't the game already over when you hit 100 and got your final culti at the point you could learn those skills you need SP for culti? lol
    There just is no lower level culti in there than 70. Why does everyone argue with false facts b:shocked
    lvl 70 players don't stand a chance agenst lvl 100 pluss **** wads that think pking people without premission is fun so you need to grow up get out of your nonnies basement and get a life
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nope.

lol who are you talking to?

They specifically said the PK was intended, and they can't ban anyone for using intended features, no matter how much you whine and QQ. So until it's fixed, they can't do jack about it.

They haven't learned to control their emotions in a mature fashion yet, and they let their emotions control their reasoning.
    at first they said it was not allowed then they changed the rule all they need do is change the rule againe its that simpal
  • eatingcheetos
    eatingcheetos Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    after experience in PWI I believe nobody will want to play games managed by this company or same developers.

This is exactly where I am. I won't touch a PWE game ever again. Almost all of my friends have left. I'm gonna keep checking back tho. I wanna watch this ship sink. :) I hated WOW, but I may have to learn to like it. At least it's a game that's gonna be around for awhile.
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    at first they said it was not allowed then they changed the rule all they need do is change the rule againe its that simpal
    They changed no rules. They simply announced that the devs in China are sending them a reversion to the SP with the next content package.

And for crying out loud, at least use spell check.
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    They changed no rules. They simply announced that the devs in China are sending them a reversion to the SP with the next content package.

And for crying out loud, at least use spell check.
    on the log in screan it says rules to keep in mind 1 pk in room 1 of cube not allowed 2now readr pk in sp now allowed rule has changed it used to read pk in sp NOT alowed so un till they get it fixed all they need do is change that rule back to pk is not allowed so there
  • mcfreakie
    edited October 2011
    Options
    on the log in screan it says rules to keep in mind 1 pk in room 1 of cube not allowed 2now readr pk in sp now allowed rule has changed it used to read pk in sp NOT alowed so un till they get it fixed all they need do is change that rule back to pk is not allowed so there

That would require ACTIVE GMs... Too many new games to **** up for them to care about a game it seems they want to pull the plug.
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The rule changed to allow PK in SP BECAUSE of the patch implementing PK in SP. It's an intended feature, and will be a feature until it's patched again. They can not change the rule, because SP PK is an intended feature. You'll just have to live with it.
    That would require ACTIVE GMs... Too many new games to **** up for them to care about a game it seems they want to pull the plug.
    GMs don't make the rules, they just enforce them.

Hell, TWO MORE of my characters became stuck with SP quests during my time in this thread, in addition to the dozen or so characters that already had SP quests. Do you see me QQing about it? No.
  • mcfreakie
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The rule changed to allow PK in SP BECAUSE of the patch implementing PK in SP. It's an intended feature, and will be a feature until it's patched again. They can not change the rule, because SP PK is an intended feature. You'll just have to live with it.

GMs don't make the rules, they just enforce them.

Better go back and re think about my comment. DUH! If the rule got changed and it was BANNABLE... who would have to enforce it? Do you think they are just gonna believe anyone who submits a ticket?
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Better go back and re think about my comment. DUH! If the rule got changed and it was BANNABLE... who would have to enforce it? Do you think they are just gonna believe anyone who submits a ticket?
    Well excuse me, I'm half asleep right now.
  • mcfreakie
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Well excuse me, I'm half asleep right now.

Grab a pot of coffee... the day does get better.
  • lblossomlilred
    lblossomlilred Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Attetion I Have Invested Time And Money In This Game If I Wanted To Be Killed By A Player I Would Of Sigen Into The Person Verse Person Server I Sined Into The Player Verses Inverment How Abount Ginig Back Refonds To People Or Who Fixing The Problem I Am Not Alone Here Millins Of People Hate This And Proley Wold Like There Money Refned So My Adves Fi It Or Fefund
  • Ruquel - Dreamweaver
    Ruquel - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I still don't understand why this is even an issue. Why is there a whole area where PvP is forced on us by childish players? This shouldn't even exist on a PvE server.

good point

sigh... still not fixed. BAH
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    good point

sigh... still not fixed. BAH

Then let's talk Cube of Fate.
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Something wrong with the Cube of Fate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • RoarTazz - Heavens Tear
    RoarTazz - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    When all said and done is one simple fact --- I joined a PVE server not a PVP one
    so there is no reason why I should have to worry about getting PK'ed while doing a quest anywhere or time on this server
    it's that simple and PWI should have realized this --- there is a place on this server for PVP if they want to do it that doesn't mess with others who don't I believe ---

good hunting to all and enjoy the game but respect each other while doing it
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It has now been 6 weeks since Perfect World Entertainment destroyed Secret Passage so low level people can not do their quests. It has been 5 weeks since frankieraye said it would be reverted in 3 to 4 weeks.

Today I tried to take 2 level 20 sins in to get their weapon token quest and everyone was repeatedly killed by the high level people that are camped out in Secret Passage. Unfortunately for the level 20 sins, the high level people still want to use level 20s to get their kill count up.

I want to personally want to thank frankieraye for the headache. You should be proud to know that your buddies successfully prevented more level 20 characters from doing their quests. It must make you feel real warm and fuzzy inside to know that your friends have accomplished this difficult achievement.

Once Again

Thank You
    edited October 2011
    Options
    b:lipcurl I can't say I didn't tell you they would fix it ye of little faith.......

A bit premature unfortunately. It is 5 weeks later and I have serious doubts weather they have any intention of fixing it. No big deal. My search for a new game to spend my money on is doing well. I do not plan to try ANY other games from Perfect World Entertainment since I do not ever want to repeat this poor customer experience.
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    QQ
    Stop being a tard and blaming frankieraye. He most likely never even seen the devs himself. Don't bite the messenger.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING PK in SP on a PvE server = CYBERBULLYING

What?
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Stop being a tard and blaming frankieraye. He most likely never even seen the devs himself. Don't bite the messenger.

1) I do recall that in the thread before this one where frankieraye said there would be a fix in 3 to 4 weeks, frankieraye was not feeling well after a trip to see the developers in China. Frankieraye does see the developers.

2) 5 weeks have now passed.

3) They could have made it a rule not to PK in the Secret Passage like the 1st room in the cube so low level people can do their quests and they decided not to.

At the higher levels it can take some time to level but the levels are very close together at level 20. I did the 1st 20 levels during the 1st day on all my characters. It has been 6 weeks since people in their 20s, 30s, and Silver Frost in the 70s can do their quests. That is unacceptable.

You might not see the issue but those of us that have to refuse to help people in Secret Passage because we can't get by the PKrs who are camped out there and those of us who need Silver Frost to get into Old Heavens Tear see the issue every day and have been seeing it for 6 weeks. Those of you who do not help the low level players probably never run into the issues. I still go by what people were like when I started the game almost 3 years ago. I do try to help others and be nice to others in the game.

Now the game has been taken over by snot nosed brats who power leveled and bought rank 9 gear on daddy's credit card. They kill and laugh at the low level people who do not have the same unlimited funds that they were given.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Fix SP now

By allowing this to continue, Perfect World Entertainment is promoting cyber bullying and extortion.