Let your voice be heard

1234568»

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Bump. Anyone hear anything from the dev's yet? (probably a dissatisfying "no") b:surrender
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    I haven't gotten a response from anyone.

Although that doesn't surprise me, we can't even get a reasonable response from the GM's here until it's too late. Why should we expect better from PWE direct?

Nice to know that they recently hired more people for the support team. Sure wish I would have gotten a response from the applications I sent in. I'm overqualified for the position and I don't even get a "no thanks".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Bump.b:victory
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Below is the long version added to my original post. Here is a shortened version. (Also found on post #21.)

Dear PWE Staff:

I have been a loyal customer of your games for a few years now. It's been especially frustrating seeing loads of new content coming out, and not seeing any of the old bugs fixed. Most recently, we've had our world turned upside down because of the PvP changes in Secret Passage. As a group, we (the players) don't really feel that you guys are listening to us. A while back this was even brought up in the forum. We were basically told that because only 5-10% of the players visit the forums, we're a minority and our opinions don't make a difference.

I am writing this letter in an attempt to make a difference. We are tired of not being listened to. We are tired of feeling like you guys don't care about us, as players, and as your primary source of income. In this letter, I will specifically state the issues with the change in Secret Passage, how it affects us, and why it should be immediately returned to its former state. Afterwards, I am going to write a list, (although not complete by any means), of the many things that we have been asking to be fixed since closed beta, and have not seen any improvement, which I will attach on the second page. I ask that you please bear with me and continue reading this thoroughly.

The first reason as to why forcing PvP in SP is a bad idea is because of the quests. There are 6 quests that I can think of just off the top of my head that require killing mobs that exist solely in Secret Passage. Secondly, Blue names should absolutely not be forced into PvP mode. This has long been discussed about the glitch in Room 1 of the Cube of Fate and it is no different when discussing its value in Secret Passage. Particularly when some of the mentioned 'Blue Names' are under level 30 and should be under protection from PvP that is supposed to be accommodating their growth.. Additionally, if you happen to play on a PvE server, you chose this because it means you are protected from being PK'ed unless you make the choice to change your PvP settings. In Secret Passage this is no longer the case and is an affront to our play style.

We are aware that the client originates in China, gets filtered down here, and we get what we get. We are also aware, that you have direct contact with the staff in China and are able to voice our concerns. We don't feel that you are acting in our best interests and intentions by supporting this recent change in the Secret Passage.

~

Here is a list of the bugs, that I am aware of, that we have asked to be changed. For most of these it was either completely ignored, tried-failed-and given up, fixed and then broken again, or was apparently made for the sole purpose of scamming us, (the players), out of our hard earned money, (whether it be real life money, or coin earned in-game).

Monthly Dungeon Race (broken since beta)
    PvP Arenas (broken since beta, was attempted to be fixed and then dropped)
    Corner of Cube room 1 being a PvP area where you teleport in.
    Wardrobe stones quick-change slots reduced. (This was an obvious effort to force us into purchasing more.)
    Amount of duration gain reduced for all chi stones when dropping on aerogear. (This happened slowly over time. I did open a couple of tickets and they were never adequately answered. Previously a mirage Celestone would add 30 to the duration. Now it adds only 2 to the duration.
    Being killed by mobs when you use the Illusion Stone to teleport into the Hall of Deception. (Now you have the additional ability to be killed by anyone using an AoE attack in the general vicinity.)
    The quest "Percussion Master" that required the Earthquake Drum Fragment. All they ever had to do was fix it so that the quest item dropped consistently. Luckily they finally turned it off so that people would stop trying to do it. It didn't complete even if you were lucky enough to get the item.
    Hercules pet nerf. This was done a couple of years ago. Not sure what exactly got changed because I was busy with other projects at the time, but I do know that the herc does not hold agro as well as it used to, nor is its defense as good as it was before. Many Venomancers have been very upset over this. They spent a lot of money for those pets.
    Rubberbanding. I think this is mostly caused by a glitch from the load of new content not being balanced properly with the aging client's game engine. It's better now, but still causes a lot of trouble for many people.
    Cleric buff skill Aegis Spirit does not get properly over-written when re-buffed as the others do. Magic shell used to have the same problem but it got fixed.
    The boss, Gluttonix, in FB 59 is glitched. If you spark while fighting him it can cause the tab and/or quest to fail. There are other reasons that it may fail, this is the only sure one I have been able to discover so far. It was fixed once a couple of years ago, and then a new patch releasing new content not only re-broke it, but affected some other bosses as well. (I do not recall the other bosses, but I believe one was in 99 and another in 89.)
    Genie skill descriptions are still not correct and do not properly line up with the required attribute points, or usage costs. The list of these is too large to describe individually.

This is just a short list of the issues that I am able to think of right off the top of my head. I am quite certain that there are others that I have either forgotten, or cannot think of right this moment without doing some research. I didn't even mention things like DQ prices getting nerfed and NPC prices increasing. We've supposedly been compensated for that, although personally it was only a lackluster effort on your part. We're still waiting for the TT instances to be returned to normal. Another item that, while we hear from frankierae that they plan to revert it, we have not seen any such effort in a very long time. I would also mention the lack of implementation of the guild bases. We are given extremely little information from you, so we go looking on our own. From people that we know that play the PW-CN version, or from those that can translate Chinese, we learn about new instances for leveling, experience building daily quests, and the new TW system. You guys even promoted the new 40 vs. 40 TW system and we were all waiting expectantly for it.

But then it was released. We worked hard and spent a lot of time and money to get the bases, only to find out that all of your promises were empty. Now we even find out that the developers in China have totally tossed the idea of base TW out the window and are working on an instance attached to the base. (Both are items that were previously mentioned to be a part of the bases and some of the reasons that we fought so hard to get them.

For the extreme profit margin that you are making for these games, one would think that you would spend more time making sure that they work properly. Instead we just see pack sale after pack sale, a game economy that is in tatters, and more new content with new and improved bugs while never bothering to fix what was already broken. We recently heard from a moderator in the forum "that PWE has compiled a list of complaints and is going to pass it on to the Chinese team for review. They will work to make the appropriate changes and will keep you updated as soon as something comes up". One thing I know for certain, we won't be kept updated. Hell, we can't even get the list that you are supposedly talking about. I would also be willing to bet that nothing I listed above is on the list, with the possible exception of the current status of Secret Passage. (The forum thread frankierae started on that grew to 72 pages in a mere 24 hours. It is also where I got that quote that ChaoticShelly said.)

I know this is a long letter, and I'll shorten it some by avoiding discussion of the complete failure of the web development team. Your customers are tired of putting up with the failed efforts to placate us with new content. This is evident in the forums every day and has been for well over a year. Many of the seasoned players have left the game and a lot of the players we see now are just kids, or people that like to slap down their credit cards for being on top. Leveling is too easy, there is a total lack of end-game content, and the bugs are not getting fixed. Please tell me what it is that you plan to do to fix this. Do you even see that this is a problem? Do you care about those of us that actually play the game, or are you more interested in the profit margin?

Thanks for listening.

omg! the great chinese textwall
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    omg! the great chinese textwall
    lmao i read it all.

altho some of the things said, i dont think PWI has power over. Technical things, like the glitches and the promises events/patches. Its not like they want to withhold it on purpose just to hear more customer QQ.

I think the part that has to be changed is the PWI US sides customer service. Customer service quality is something that is within their power, so at the least, they could improve that genre.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    lol nice letter there....

"Amount of duration gain reduced for all chi stones when dropping on aerogear. (This happened slowly over time. I did open a couple of tickets and they were never adequately answered. Previously a mirage Celestone would add 30 to the duration. Now it adds only 2 to the duration."

who the hell even bothers using accelerate speed on wings anyway?

"Being killed by mobs when you use the Illusion Stone to teleport into the Hall of Deception. (Now you have the additional ability to be killed by anyone using an AoE attack in the general vicinity.)"

WHo cares? run in? Cept for the month SP was fracked up that wasnt'a problem...

"The quest "Percussion Master" that required the Earthquake Drum Fragment. All they ever had to do was fix it so that the quest item dropped consistently. Luckily they finally turned it off so that people would stop trying to do it. It didn't complete even if you were lucky enough to get the item."
    i got that fragment once.. never bothered using it though. lol

"Wardrobe stones quick-change slots reduced. (This was an obvious effort to force us into purchasing more.)"
    If you have so much fashion 2 stones dont' cut it ya got problems lol :P And 40 tokens isnt' that much....

"Rubberbanding. I think this is mostly caused by a glitch from the load of new content not being balanced properly with the aging client's game engine. It's better now, but still causes a lot of trouble for many people."
    Wrong, it's them putting a stop to speed hacking. you ever holy path and bounce back 50 feet to where u started holy pathing? lol I did once, bounced right back to the mob i was runnign from.. that was annoying.

"Hercules pet nerf. This was done a couple of years ago. Not sure what exactly got changed because I was busy with other projects at the time, but I do know that the herc does not hold agro as well as it used to, nor is its defense as good as it was before. Many Venomancers have been very upset over this. They spent a lot of money for those pets."
    boo hoo...... yet they can still solo jsut about anything.

"The boss, Gluttonix, in FB 59 is glitched. If you spark while fighting him it can cause the tab and/or quest to fail. There are other reasons that it may fail, this is the only sure one I have been able to discover so far. It was fixed once a couple of years ago, and then a new patch releasing new content not only re-broke it, but affected some other bosses as well. (I do not recall the other bosses, but I believe one was in 99 and another in 89.)"
    Wrong again, sparking didnt' cause this... or EVERY 59 i went on on Sin wold've still failed on that tab...... You wait till glutt's under 100k HP then tab and 99.999% of the time it works. But latey.. i thnk they fixed it finally. But way to give them incorrect info so that they waste time tryign to figure it out.

"Genie skill descriptions are still not correct and do not properly line up with the required attribute points, or usage costs. The list of these is too large to describe individually."
    say what? The ONLY genie skill i've seen so far that's got any wrong info is Frenzy. And all that's wrong with that is it's called Enrage if you hover over your genie in your inventory.
    edited November 2011
    lol nice letter there....

"Amount of duration gain reduced for all chi stones when dropping on aerogear. (This happened slowly over time. I did open a couple of tickets and they were never adequately answered. Previously a mirage Celestone would add 30 to the duration. Now it adds only 2 to the duration."

who the hell even bothers using accelerate speed on wings anyway?
    TW.
    nuf said ;o
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    lmao i read it all.

altho some of the things said, i dont think PWI has power over. Technical things, like the glitches and the promises events/patches. Its not like they want to withhold it on purpose just to hear more customer QQ.

I think the part that has to be changed is the PWI US sides customer service. Customer service quality is something that is within their power, so at the least, they could improve that genre.

If they have no power about technical things its their own problem, they suposed to have this power as the management of game. and that "china china" thing is lame excuse. or maybe we should leave poor PWI alone and go to china to QQ for them?
    edited November 2011
    If they have no power about technical things its their own problem, they suposed to have this power as the management of game. and that "china china" thing is lame excuse. or maybe we should leave poor PWI alone and go to china to QQ for them?
    just cause your management doesnt mean u got power to demand things and get it from the higher branches of the game developement >.>
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ...altho some of the things said, i dont think PWI has power over. Technical things, like the glitches and the promises events/patches. Its not like they want to withhold it on purpose just to hear more customer QQ....

Actually, the majority of the contact information provided is to go directly to the source in China, thus skipping the whole management chain here in the US that has no control.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
    edited November 2011
    Actually, the majority of the contact information provided is to go directly to the source in China, thus skipping the whole management chain here in the US that has no control.
    well there u have it then, its even worse :P
    edited December 2011
    Bumping this. Send them the message that you want them to change the two or 3 little pieces of code that would fix the snowmen and send us the update ASAP.

Hell, give me 5 minutes with the server files, and I can even send the server team here the file with the fixed code to apply it. What's really sad is that I'm certain that I know less about it than they do, but I don't have any issues with modding the files for my private server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Ok, so Christmas is over, they failed. Can we get rid of the snow now please?
    It's pretty stupid to have the snow when you can't be bothered to fix the events that make it cool.

Also, bumping this thread b:victory

P.S. The server doesn't have to be shut down to turn it off, just use your GM power to de-activate the event that started the snow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It was quite fitting to see PWI end 2011 with a monumental failure event. I took place in both the Santa and the new years events. It was nice the New years event was improved over the Santa event but wow... I would have rather stuck to fighting the lag with the snow men with less loot then failed empty feeling the events this season left everyone.