Let your voice be heard

Comments

• brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You are to be thanked a million times.

I suggest however that others who may write to keep your letters to a simple one page, three paragraph effort. Make something that can be scanned that gets your main points across. That will speak volumes for you. Admin types are skilled at scanning, and hate walls of text.

In addition, send emails, posts whatever to popular gaming sites, message boards etc. The more this fiasco is put out in the sunlight the more people will see how stupid it is and bring pressure to bear on PWC.
    Just some guy
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    When you get that translated, Shelly, I will most definitely be one of the ones to mail/email to China. And thank you for going to the effort of getting an accurate translation made...Google Translator has made some embarrassing goofs for me in the past...b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    When you get that translated, Shelly, I will most definitely be one of the ones to mail/email to China. And thank you for going to the effort of getting an accurate translation made...Google Translator has made some embarrassing goofs for me in the past...b:chuckle

My friend will do his best to get it done by tomorrow - I can't guarantee that but it will be ready in the next few days for sure. It's not a problem.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    One of the best topics ever written on this forum! You are to be commended! b:victory
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited September 2011
    Thank you , Shelly!

and for those who want to take action a little faster, here is the quickest way:

Perfect World Entertainment
    Phone: (650) 590-7700
    Fax: (650) 286-0496
    1001 E Hillsdale Blvd, Ste 800, Foster City, CA 94404
    joon.kim@perfectworld.com
    http://www.pwe-inc.com

straight off the old internet, no mumbojumbo, legit info.

My friend will do his best to get it done by tomorrow - I can't guarantee that but it will be ready in the next few days for sure. It's not a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    Thank you for that info FoxRunning. Personally though, I'm simulating an open-door policy by going around the California extension of the company and taking it straight to Bejing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I added a link to this thread in my sig. LOL it's running out of space. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited September 2011
    Yes, I know, and I plan to take part in that when Shelly gets the translation done. I just posted that for those who want to do something quicker. Personally, if i had a ghost of a chance, I would call them by phone....but Im sure they have a receptionist who has a spiel to block us all.
    Thank you for that info FoxRunning. Personally though, I'm simulating an open-door policy by going around the California extension of the company and taking it straight to Bejing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • ShadowScream - Heavens Tear
    ShadowScream - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well put and well said,long it is yes but accurate. Instead of making SP a PVP on NON-PVP servers lets fix **** allready broken. Love the game but the way things are going this game will fall apart real soon.

Hey lets try something like raising the lvl cap and or putting elements from your other games into this one. This is your first game and seems to be the one your least concerned with.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If I can give my two cents, I'd advise you to make your letter as short as possible and very straight to the point. The way it looks now, it's highly unlikely to be reviewed by a Chinese team member. Heck, I will even get someone to translate it to Mandarin if it'll be reasonably long (but not long so it's more than 5 paragraphs), that way you could guarantee that it is indeed understood by whoever reads it.

Is it difficult to translate the same message they gave to their player base.... F U ?

Thanks to original poster for all the work in locating this information. I hope no one suggests the company follow traditional Chinese traditions in punishing the developer who made this blunder. I would hate to think of some programmer being tortured for days on end or hung in the square. I am not sure the company has read the history of the Coca Cola company or the GAP company. Two well known companies here in the USA which also have HUGE blunders in their past which their consumers punished them severely.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Y'know, I thought of doing this... posting contact info and all... but I figured no one would give a ****. Yet here you are, having researched the whole thing and made it legally airtight, to boot. And people are getting on board with it.

I dunno what to say except, well done. My hat's off to you, Sylen. do.o

The issue you need to tackle now is in keeping up the momentum. We need more people to do this if it's going to work. And we need frankie to post in here pledging his willingness to monitor the communication and to deliver direct, unfiltered dialouge from the devs or whoever responds to us (and we need to stress that... direct and unfiltered).

@Shelly: How overtaxed is your translator friend? I could easily write up a quick-and-dirty letter of my own that I might PM to you. Although, one would think they have some English translators on staff over there... >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Y'know, I thought of doing this... posting contact info and all... but I figured no one would give a ****. Yet here you are, having researched the whole thing and made it legally airtight, to boot. And people are getting on board with it.

I dunno what to say except, well done. My hat's off to you, Sylen. do.o

The issue you need to tackle now is in keeping up the momentum. We need more people to do this if it's going to work. And we need frankie to post in here pledging his willingness to monitor the communication and to deliver direct, unfiltered dialouge from the devs or whoever responds to us (and we need to stress that... direct and unfiltered).

@Shelly: How overtaxed is your translator friend? I could easily write up a quick-and-dirty letter of my own that I might PM to you. Although, one would think they have some English translators on staff over there... >_>

I agree, and I for one hope that you make this happen and if there's anything I can do to help, just ask ^^ (looks like Shelly's already helping ^^)
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I th0ught m0ds were supp0se to supp0rt PW's c0rrupt ways n0t g0 against them 0.0.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    I th0ught m0ds were supp0se to supp0rt PW's c0rrupt ways n0t g0 against them 0.0.

Don't make me use my Troll Gun...b:cool

b:angry
    edited September 2011
    I am really t0 lazy to find the p0st's+ I have TW in less than an h0ur QQ. But ya I am sure y0u kn0w what I mean.
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    I am really t0 lazy to find the p0st's+ I have TW in less than an h0ur QQ. But ya I am sure y0u kn0w what I mean.

When you find them, let me know because I don't get ya b:surrender. lol.
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well as a PLAYER and a STOCK HOLDER I agree with what you have to say. No fixes but more and more **** being put out, some good and some not. This game could be so MUCH BETTER with fixes, improvements and adjustments. If they would just do them I believe they would have to increase the amount of servers for all the players that would come to play. In game I see many more selfish and inconsiderate players than I thought I would find, players that think nothing of KSing, PKing or just taking where ever and when ever they want. If they do this in a game what are they like in RL??? I suppose that can not be helped except by the reaction of other players who see these things going on, to say something to those players. And along those lines where are these moderating GMs??? I really do not see them doing anything, they are mostly invisible and MIA (Missing In Action). They need to be more Pro-Active, not to nag but their presents and comentary may deter some bad behavior. I hope this effort gets some positive responce and action taken, we shall see. Otherwise I believe more serious players will find somewhere else to invest their time and money.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    First, a message to the moderators. I am expressing free speech here. I am not breaking the Forum Rules of Conduct, neither am I in violation of the Terms of Service. I have thuroughly read both documents and am complying wholly. All information contained within this post is public knowlege that anyone is free to view.

Secondly, I know this is a massive wall of text. I will break it up with proper punctuation and paragraphs. If you care about the future of the game, and want to have your voice heard, you will continue reading.

Now onto the real meat. So far we, as gamers, pretty much say what we say and voice our complaints through posts in these forums and through the support ticketing system. Our voices are supposedly then relayed to the higher powers that be, who then relay the message to the people in China and it may eventually reach the ears of the Developers. You ever play the game where everyone sits in a long line, someone starts a emssage and whispers it along? It's never the same at the other end. I have a perfect example of where this has happened to us. Players complained that the free Tideborn wings were too small. We wanted them a bit larger to reflect similarities in other classes and so that we didn't look like flys. What happened? The dev's in China hear that we wanted larger Tidebord wings, nearly doubled the size of all the Tideborn wings, with the exception of the free flyspeck wing that we wanted changed in the first place.

We all know frankieraye can't spend all of his time reading the forums, he's got loads of other work to do. We hardly hear from any of the other GM's on an official basis, and the moderators are just that, moderators. So you ask yourself the question, "how do I get in touch with the people that actually make the descisions?" Well I'll tell you right now. It's so freaking simple it's stupid. You send them a letter. Here's how...

My wife did some deep digging and managed to find plublicly posted information on how to contact the COE, the CFO, and other high-level executives withing PWE. (Also, you would be amazed at what they say in some of the financial briefs about the games. I'm already skirting a thin line here in the eyes of some moderators, so I won't go into those details.)

Anyway, without further adieu, here is the list.

Executive Office
    Address : Perfect World Plaza, Tower 306, 86 Beiyuan Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China
    Phone: (86 10) 5780-5000
    Email: info@pwrd.com

Investor Relations
    Vivien Wang
    Vice President, Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
    Tel: +86-10-5780-5700
    Fax: +86-10-5780-5713
    Email: ir@pwrd.com

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/feedback_2.html

Managment
    Mr. Michael Yufeng Chi - Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
    Address: Room 302, Unite 6, Building 5, Yichengdongyuan Community, Haidian District, Beijing, PRC
    Fax: 57805730
    Tel.: 57805726
    Mr. Kelvin Wing Kee Lau - Chief Financial Officer
    Mr. Di He - Chief Technology Officer
    Mr. Qing Li - Chief Design Officer
    Mr. Qi Zhu - Senior Vice President
    Mr. Davis Jian Li - Senior Vice President
    Mr. Alan Ming Chen - Senior Vice President
    Mr. Robert Hong Xiao - Senior Vice President
    Mr. Xiaoyin Lu - Senior Vice President

Board of Directors
    Mr. Michael Yufeng Chi - Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
    Address: Room 302, Unite 6, Building 5, Yichengdongyuan Community, Haidian District, Beijing, PRC
    Fax: 57805730
    Tel.: 57805726
    Mr. Daniel Dong Yang - Independent Director
    Dr. Bing Xiang - Independent Director
    Mr. Han Zhang - Independent Director

Much of this information comes from http://www.pwrd.com

I'm guessing that the e-mail system is something like First letter of the first name, followed by the last name @pwrd.com. I will be doing some testing in this regard.

P.S. This is information everyone is free to know and is all listed publicly. Should a Moderator, GM, or other PWE staff decide to quench this thread, it will be posted on multiple sites. Because it does not violate the ToS or forum rules, I am free to advertise it as I wish, and will take liberty to do so. If anyone has any questions about any of this, please send me a PM. I also ask that you please keep your posts relevant and clean so that this thread does not get closed.

thank you so much for having the courage to do what many, including myself have feared to do. I will be sending them a letter as well. Because our Voices need to be heard!!!
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Mods are PLAYERS that just keep the forums from getting out of hand... they don't really work for the PWI... lol just to let you know... b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Kalirin - Sanctuary
    Kalirin - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have played PW for a very long time both on the Malaysian server and now PWI and the game just seems to be all about greed now. Who has the best gear the newest mounts/flyers. I dont spend real money on the game and enjoy working for the things I have but I do get very annoyed that the bugs that have been around for so long never get fixed and the complaints from players seem to go unheard. I agree that there is a major lack of presence from GMs, Moderators and was appauled when my 13 year old sister recently asked me about sexual matters she had read in wc. It seems that the people at the top really dont care about the state the game is in just releasing more packs and more items that they know people will use real money to buy. Just need to read through the forums to see the hundreads of complaints from people unhappy about the game and people are quitting in droves. This is a great fun game that I have enjoyed playing but they will kill it if they dont do something soon. So I for one will be sending a short but to the point email/letter and thank you for standing up and posting this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sanct - 100 Sage Cleric
    Sanct - 100 Demon Bm
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Very nice thread and your rough draft letter was very well written. :)

It would be interesting to see what would happen if a flood of letters came to them. One letter sent may not make the difference. However when people come together and write a bunch of mature well thought out letters, I think this will make the difference we need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Kalirin - Sanctuary
    Kalirin - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It would be interesting to see what would happen if a flood of letters came to them. One letter sent may not make the difference. However when people come together and write a bunch of mature well thought out letters, I think this will make the difference we need.

Agree totally short to the point and in big numbers will make an impact rather than one person sending in an essay
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sanct - 100 Sage Cleric
    Sanct - 100 Demon Bm
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    I did want to report that the email listed as Info@PWRD.com is not accepting email. The other email addresses did not return as not deliverable so they should be working. I have not received any auto confirmation emails from the Contact us Eform page but it should be going to a legit email account.

Thanks again for all the hard work in finding all this information.

And the poll remains with more then 75% oppose or strongly oppose this change.
  • Tagi - Dreamweaver
    Tagi - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Another thing, PWE probably gets a lot of mail from other people, not just players complaining about a game issue. If this truly is the case then they'll have a huge stack of mail to go through. So put the mail in a colored envelope on colored paper, maybe blue. In a stack of white paper, the blue paper will stand out and the human mind's attention will naturally be drawn to it.

This is a common practice when submitting a resume to get people to read yours first, it could very well apply here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If everyone was like me, that being, they used to spend money on this game, now doesn't at all due to how bad this game has been run down, this game would of:

1) died
    2) got it's act together
    3) got it's act together, then died anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited September 2011
    Mods are PLAYERS that just keep the forums from getting out of hand... they don't really work for the PWI... lol just to let you know... b:chuckle

Where in my p0st did I state they w0rk f0r PWI???Als0 I kn0w what a M0D is seeing as I have been a admin and a M0D f0r a PSP f0rum bef0re.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Update: My translation guy is going away for two days so he will work on the translation when he's back. Thanks for being patient guys.

b:thanks
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Watch out for that wolf, it likes to play dress-up. Mostly wool thongs.....
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    If everyone was like me, that being, they used to spend money on this game, now doesn't at all due to how bad this game has been run down, this game would of:

1) died
    2) got it's act together
    3) got it's act together, then died anyway.

yes exactly. In the first six months of the game I think I spent over $500. In the first year and a half It would have been considerably cheaper for me to play WoW or some other P2P MMO. Since BH and the super hyper leveling came out, the only thing I've spent on the game were gift cards given to me as presents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Another thing, PWE probably gets a lot of mail from other people, not just players complaining about a game issue. If this truly is the case then they'll have a huge stack of mail to go through. So put the mail in a colored envelope on colored paper, maybe blue. In a stack of white paper, the blue paper will stand out and the human mind's attention will naturally be drawn to it.

This is a common practice when submitting a resume to get people to read yours first, it could very well apply here.

Believe me when some secretary at the companies HQ starts getting huge lists of emails all upset over a change in one game. That person will go to their boss complaining about the onslaught of work to process. Amazing how little players understand how things work in corporation offices.