Let your voice be heard

Comments

• XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Watch out for that wolf, it likes to play dress-up. Mostly wool thongs.....

*imagines a wolf barb in a wool thong* b:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Believe me when some secretary at the companies HQ starts getting huge lists of emails all upset over a change in one game. That person will go to their boss complaining about the onslaught of work to process. Amazing how little players understand how things work in corporation offices.

And then the boss will ask the accountants if their revenue has changed any, and when the answer is no will summarily dismiss any complaints and send any further emails and letters to someone who does not care, will probably not even read them and even if they did wouldn't have the power to do anything.

Apparently you don't understand how higher management actually works.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    And then the boss will ask the accountants if their revenue has changed any, and when the answer is no will summarily dismiss any complaints and send any further emails and letters to someone who does not care, will probably not even read them and even if they did wouldn't have the power to do anything.

In what world does a customer complaint (non boycott) automatically post a huge loss in year-end revenue immediately? Many companies will see people raging and attempt to do damage control before it can impact their revenue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited September 2011
    I wonder how many of you people didn't care when...

Lunar was nerfed... HH was nerfed (way back when, not anything within the last two years), TW pay was removed, Lunar was changed, speed leveling was introduced, etc...

Honestly, this latest fiasco is pretty hilarious. It only affects one instance and it hardly affects everyone.

b:pleased

In what world does a customer complaint (non boycott) automatically post a huge loss in year-end revenue immediately? Many companies will see people raging and attempt to do damage control before it can impact their revenue.

It doesn't. I guess you missed the subtle irony.

They don't care.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    Apparently Michael_Dark doesn't understand that trying is much better than doing nothing at all.

There is still every possibility that we will be heard and that it will make changes. Sure it might not be likely, But it's better than just sitting on my *** QQing about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Honestly, this latest fiasco is pretty hilarious. It only affects one instance and it hardly affects everyone.
    really? Start over then, then say that
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So y'all need to hide yo GM's, hide yo developers and hide yo directors cuz 'erryone gonna get raped in heah.

Made me laugh :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
    edited September 2011
    I wonder how many of you people didn't care when...

Lunar was nerfed... HH was nerfed (way back when, not anything within the last two years), TW pay was removed, Lunar was changed, speed leveling was introduced, etc...

b:pleased

They don't care.

You didn't understand my reply at allb:sweat I understand that it doesn't make immediate effects, which is why your scenario (which wasn't subtle at all by the way) doesn't work at all. Many companies care about customer complaints, and for all we know PWCN is responsive to the complaints of the people they listen to directly the CN players but don't care at all about the problems of players overseas and out of the way. Out of sight, out of mind. But if they receive the letters and see the customers are so mad they are actually taking the time to hunt them down and complain about it in large numbers, it's possible that it make set off some bells and make them reconsider. It worked for Chuck, at any rate.

at any rate, it doesn't hurt anyone. And there is nothing to lose from sending an email. Worst case scenario is it doesn't work and we are stuck in the same situation we are in now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011

They don't care.
    You know what? I'm tired of hearing this. I'm just damn tired of it.

Some of us here actually give enough of a **** to try. And most of us are well aware that, yes, there are some people in the business world who will completely ignore customer complaints. Arguably some people in the PW offices may fit that description. But we don't know that, and no, you don't know that either. All we know of PW's management (both in China and at home) is what we can piece together from the symptomatic problems found in the game itself. Everything else is obscured from us. We don't know a fraction of the truth about PW's corporate culture.

And y'know? That's a damn sad thing. We really should be dealing with a more open and honest business. But we aren't. And in light of that, we tried the whole cynicism/doom prohpesizing/"nobody cares trolololol" thing already (and yes, I'm guilty of it too). THAT was the community's response to Lunar, TT3, pleveling, TW pay, etc. Cynicism.

Guess what? It didn't work.

Maybe this won't work either. Who knows? Not us. But we're going to try, and quite frankly we don't need your cynicism to do it. If you don't want to contribute to this effort, nobody's forcing you. You can take your leave of this thread assured, in your mind, that the failure of our efforts is a foregone conclusion. I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over it.

But the rest of us are gonna try to be something other than cynical for once. And we'd appreciate the same respect for that attitude that other people get just for their childish trolling here. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Believe me when some secretary at the companies HQ starts getting huge lists of emails all upset over a change in one game. That person will go to their boss complaining about the onslaught of work to process. Amazing how little players understand how things work in corporation offices.

Reason i quoted them seperately is because both scenario's are a real option.
    I used to be a secretary, for many alike companies. And somewhat of a PA (personal assistant) for several people.

Sad thing is IF these people are as high and mighty suits some are willing to give them credit for, they will more than likely have PA's, PA's will filter what ever is most important. Thus the mail will more than likely not even be read by the person you are trying to get though to.
    9 out of 10 times a small note will be left on a sticky or in more extreme cases on a blackberry or smart phone/agenda or interlinked company email, loose from the common known email. If high and mighty suit does not feel like answering, they will dismiss it till further notice
    Pa's are too busy living the suits life for him/her that they will 9 out of 10 times immediately kick out any unrelated emails.
    (but as i have often expierenced, it only takes that -one- attentive and social PA to actually be aware and read -some- and thus make the situation known.)

In the case of a general secretairy there will be multiple and not just one taking a look at these emails. The collective mindset will often once again disregard a large amount of work till the bottom of the pile unless they are pestered continuesly and confronted with it. (very much like a copy machine giving them the finger on most crucial of times, yet not willing to bother when they dont -really- need it)

I'm ambigious about this idea. as much as i agree with it's better to be proactive than sit around and QQ about it, i also agree with the others who say it takes a momentum + a continueance of poking and prodding.

but for the sake of it all... i hope it works and my wall'otext meant squat in the end (for once wishing to be oh so wrong)XD
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    I used to be a secretary, for many alike companies. And somewhat of a PA (personal assistant) for several people.

Sad thing is IF these people are as high and mighty suits some are willing to give them credit for, they will more than likely have PA's, PA's will filter what ever is most important. Thus the mail will more than likely not even be read by the person you are trying to get though to.
    9 out of 10 times a small note will be left on a sticky or in more extreme cases on a blackberry or smart phone/agenda or interlinked company email, loose from the common known email. If high and mighty suit does not feel like answering, they will dismiss it till further notice
    Pa's are too busy living the suits life for him/her that they will 9 out of 10 times immediately kick out any unrelated emails.
    (but as i have often expierenced, it only takes that -one- attentive and social PA to actually be aware and read -some- and thus make the situation known.)

In the case of a general secretairy there will be multiple and not just one taking a look at these emails. The collective mindset will often once again disregard a large amount of work till the bottom of the pile unless they are pestered continuesly and confronted with it. (very much like a copy machine giving them the finger on most crucial of times, yet not willing to bother when they dont -really- need it)

I'm ambigious about this idea. as much as i agree with it's better to be proactive than sit around and QQ about it, i also agree with the others who say it takes a momentum + a continueance of poking and prodding.

but for the sake of it all... i hope it works and my wall'otext meant squat in the end (for once wishing to be oh so wrong)XD
    +1 to everything here.

Honestly, I've been on these forums for nearly 3 years and there was NEVER any serious momentum here before. This thread is actually a huge change to what we usually see.

So keep it up guys. What we're doing here is good. We need to see more of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear
    DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Love the game, hate the people in charge of maintaining the game. *takes out rosetta stone* Time to learn a new language
    BarbHammer - 95 - Retired

DaggerSin_ - 101 - Active
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Just depends on if the letter sounds of importance.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just depends on if the letter sounds of importance.

Yes and no.

sometimes i'd get letters and emails that nearly made the hairs in the back of my neck stand up and my toes curl that in the end meant nothing of -real- importance.

Just someone trying to get his or her warning across concerning something we/I had to deal with.

Granted the first few letters might be taken serious that way, the rest after that just added to the pile of 'Yeah, americans are pissed, were lookin into it."

OR, they have already had these complaints and do not take any of them seriously anymore.

hence why i said, i hope i'm wrong.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well Ive sent some off, now just sit and wait.
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    this is a very nice approach :) maybe i'm the epic cynic, but it will also fail.

i'm glad to see that "plan B" was mentioned:

you kill a greedy entity via its wallet.<-this never fails

i was just getting into the monthly zen groove, and i was floored by the r9 badge/dq deal being pulled. and now only a select few got to beat the curve, then it turned into a 1.5bil investment for everyone else.

ok, THAT was my plan B moment. i said "F U noobs. not one more penny, but i'll play the heck out of it for free because that's all the value i can justify from this poorly, poorly..did i say POORLY? managed trainwreck " fail investment is fail. so chalk me up already as a plan B participant as of about last february. forget about zen, forget about SP, i dont really see it being fixed.

However, i'm onboard to send the final letter also. the more mud you throw at the wall, the more chance you have for some to stick. and getting their act straight is THEE ONLY WAY they will get one more red cent out of me.

btw, if this "high road" attempt is summarily blown off, i would then suggest an aggressive serverwide campaign of loud and clear messages to the playerbase, to try and swing a giant zen purchase freeze for like a few days. sure the rich dont give a rip, but thats a minority that just spawns desire in all the normal people.
    If we crush the sparkly magic and the ugly reality gets more easily viewable, maybe their numbers WILL slap em up side the head when enough people get onboard.

tell me even like a 30% drop in total sales wouldnt be a gutshot.

anyway, this request here needs to be done fisrt. we will keep our honor in this battle by doing so, then we start hitting below the belt should they dishonor us further :)
    edited September 2011
    really? Start over then, then say that

I have, several times... here and on HL. And... back in the old day when there was massive PK in SP and HT, and all over the map and the game was not a giveaway and 3* items with just ok stats were actually ooh'd and awe'd and that glow of a legendary weapon caught a lot of people's attention. Not like these days where every piece of gear is amazing and hardly anyone actually plays...

You didn't understand my reply at allb:sweat I understand that it doesn't make immediate effects, which is why your scenario (which wasn't subtle at all by the way) doesn't work at all. Many companies care about customer complaints, and for all we know PWCN is responsive to the complaints of the people they listen to directly the CN players but don't care at all about the problems of players overseas and out of the way. Out of sight, out of mind. But if they receive the letters and see the customers are so mad they are actually taking the time to hunt them down and complain about it in large numbers, it's possible that it make set off some bells and make them reconsider. It worked for Chuck, at any rate.

at any rate, it doesn't hurt anyone. And there is nothing to lose from sending an email. Worst case scenario is it doesn't work and we are stuck in the same situation we are in now.

I didn't say it wouldn't hurt. Actually calling and writing could eventually have some effect. Complaint threads, online petitions and thousands of posts of outcry go unheard. All the while the PWI forum and support staff have to hear about it and deal with it every day while it's nowhere near the thoughts of middle and upper management.

You know what? I'm tired of hearing this. I'm just damn tired of it.

Some of us here actually give enough of a **** to try. And most of us are well aware that, yes, there are some people in the business world who will completely ignore customer complaints. Arguably some people in the PW offices may fit that description. But we don't know that, and no, you don't know that either. All we know of PW's management (both in China and at home) is what we can piece together from the symptomatic problems found in the game itself. Everything else is obscured from us. We don't know a fraction of the truth about PW's corporate culture.

And y'know? That's a damn sad thing. We really should be dealing with a more open and honest business. But we aren't. And in light of that, we tried the whole cynicism/doom prohpesizing/"nobody cares trolololol" thing already (and yes, I'm guilty of it too). THAT was the community's response to Lunar, TT3, pleveling, TW pay, etc. Cynicism.

Guess what? It didn't work.

Maybe this won't work either. Who knows? Not us. But we're going to try, and quite frankly we don't need your cynicism to do it. If you don't want to contribute to this effort, nobody's forcing you. You can take your leave of this thread assured, in your mind, that the failure of our efforts is a foregone conclusion. I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over it.

But the rest of us are gonna try to be something other than cynical for once. And we'd appreciate the same respect for that attitude that other people get just for their childish trolling here. >_>

You don't need to lecture me here. I was one of the strongest voices here, both for and against PWI cept nobody ever paid much attention when I did side with PWI for valid reasons. Not that it matters.

As for trolling... oh come on. You are a pretty big troll around here, so that's a pretty harsh case of black pot syndrome. :P

Beijing Perfect World Co., Ltd or whatever the f*** you want to call their name, is a huge corporation. They have over FOUR THOUSAND employees. Most of the people complaining and griping here have no clue what that actually means. There is no mom and pop and the buck falls on so many different people that whatever we do or say here is meaningless and a waste of time because any hot potato will just be thrown around into obscurity. That's primarily the reason I don't play the game anymore and also the primary reason why I no longer pay much attention to these forums.

Perfect World will do whatever they want as they see fit and our interests and desires do not matter to them and they will not change their corporate roadmap to suit our interests. Their only concern is profitability. Sure, they have thrown us a bone here and there but people here are just suffering from battered wife syndrome. It's a lost cause here. What makes people happy or unhappy here is of no concern to the version of the game they play there.

I honestly believe that anyone that thinks otherwise just hasn't payed any attention to the history of changes that the game has progressed through.

This is, in reality, nothing new to see. Move along.

• Fullen_ - Raging Tide
    Fullen_ - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The boss, Gluttonix, in FB 59 is glitched. If you spark while fighting him it can cause the tab and/or quest to fail. There are other reasons that it may fail, this is the only sure one I have been able to discover so far. It was fixed once a couple of years ago, and then a new patch releasing new content not only re-broke it, but affected some other bosses as well. (I do not recall the other bosses, but I believe one was in 99 and another in 89.)

I did some testing with this and it seems to be about the textures of the area's, if you fight the bosses on a slope then it glitches and the kill doesn't register, kinda like rubber banding I guess.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I did some testing with this and it seems to be about the textures of the area's, if you fight the bosses on a slope then it glitches and the kill doesn't register, kinda like rubber banding I guess.

Maybe that is the case with Glut, but he is not the only boss that glitches. My barb's tab on Fats in Brim glitched and he is on a flat surface. Also, I have now had two tabs glitch on Torturess Venerator in SoT, also a flat surface. More recently, a tab for Monoblat Dracoboa glitched and we had him on the flat ground. Those ones glitch in the way that, like you said, the kill doesn't register (despite it registering for the normal boss quest). Glut is different... his has a tendancy to fail halfway through the kill, which is why it has become common practice to tab at half HP. To me this makes the other bosses even more annoying, as you can take no such preventative measure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Unfortunately sometimes the first big wave of letters/phone calls will not work because the higher ups of the company are just going to consider that a "minor annoyance." What I also meant to say was the words of my better half, "If at first you don't succeed with a company...keep complaining, and complaining, and complaining until you get an answer."

One wave of letters may not help, but what happens when the same wave of letters keeps pouring in, and it grows as well. Even PRs get very annoyed after awhile.

A company is similar to any other institution, such as a school when it comes to getting the problems done. For example, I had a very annoying issue at my university (which is huge), the system there is so confusing and there are reps after reps after reps used to help placate issues students have. When I do not get an issue solved, I keep emailing, walking into different offices, and bugging as many people as I can until my issue was resolved...and after a couple of weeks it was.

My point is, we need to keep bugging them until something gets done...we just need the momentum, which I admit can be difficult.

As the OP has mentioned before a couple of times, we do have the power to change, let's show we care by being the most pesky, caring players we can be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    You don't need to lecture me here. I was one of the strongest voices here, both for and against PWI cept nobody ever paid much attention when I did side with PWI for valid reasons. Not that it matters.
    I can't remember the specific events, but I can tell you that there would certainly be valid reasons to side with PWI depending on the situation. The "night of the mod riots" comes to mind. >_> I seem to recall not posting at all the entire weekend and then making a thread on monday morning criticizing the community for acting amazed that their rioting didn't do jack.
    As for trolling... oh come on. You are a pretty big troll around here, so that's a pretty harsh case of black pot syndrome. :P
    Only situationally. And half the time I let the trolls come to me. I try not to be the instigator. :P

But the fact remains that trolling and cynicism are never going to have any effect on things in this game. You may also recall that I've said, many times, that PWE and its forum management do have redeeming qualities and are certainly not the worst company out there. And it's true. And accepting that fact is the only thing that separates the open-minded objectors like us here, from the little kids who make those threads saying "HEY PWI ima BOYCOTT ur company cuz im a PAYIN CUSTOMER WHOS WIT ME!!!1"

This thread is very different from that attitude. It's a breath of fresh air, and if nothing else it lifts the community's opinion of itself to see this kind of organization and cooperation. We don't need people telling us it won't work (whether it will or not... which nobody, including you, can know). That's just more negative energy to add to the pile. We want to try something else for once.

(If you'd like to refute my claims about trolling, I welcome a PM, but please don't do it here as it would derail the thread)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Unfortunately sometimes the first big wave of letters/phone calls will not work because the higher ups of the company are just going to consider that a "minor annoyance." What I also meant to say was the words of my better half, "If at first you don't succeed with a company...keep complaining, and complaining, and complaining until you get an answer."

One wave of letters may not help, but what happens when the same wave of letters keeps pouring in, and it grows as well. Even PRs get very annoyed after awhile.

A company is similar to any other institution, such as a school when it comes to getting the problems done. For example, I had a very annoying issue at my university (which is huge), the system there is so confusing and there are reps after reps after reps used to help placate issues students have. When I do not get an issue solved, I keep emailing, walking into different offices, and bugging as many people as I can until my issue was resolved...and after a couple of weeks it was.

My point is, we need to keep bugging them until something gets done...we just need the momentum, which I admit can be difficult.

As the OP has mentioned before a couple of times, we do have the power to change, let's show we care by being the most pesky, caring players we can be.

Y0u think y0u can bug PWE China 0.0.

PWE China uses:Ancient Chinese meditati0n

PWI US:Uses nerd rage

PWE China is n0t effected.

PWE China:Releases new packs

PWI US Charges m0re ZEN, it is very effective
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Adolpha - Lothranis
    Adolpha - Lothranis Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How could this drop off the first page? :o Bump for justice!

Also, I fully support this, even though it might prove ineffective. At least we have tried!
  • Kalirin - Sanctuary
    Kalirin - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sent a few mails off so just going to sit back and see if I get any response can say Im not holding my breath but lets hope if they see alot coming in something will finally click with the big wigs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sanct - 100 Sage Cleric
    Sanct - 100 Demon Bm
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    I just want to say "Thank You" to everyone that is getting on board here.

I can't wait till Shelly's friend gets the translation up. I'll be snail mailing a copy to everyone on the list personally. I will also re-send my e-mails accordingly.

I do sincerely believe that if they get 50 or a hundred letters in the mail from all of us here that it absolutely will get their attention. Sure they might not do anything about it right away, or ever. But if it gets their attention, it may be enough to make a change. At a minimum it will tell them that we care about what's happening, and we aren't happy about it. Unhappy customers are not a good source of repeat business, and word-of-mouth is the best advertising gimmick ever. Anyone that has ever been in sales knows about word of mouth advertising, and that negative advertising is 50 times more potent than positive advertising.

Anyway, thank you all again, and Damnit, someone sticky this thread. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I just want to say "Thank You" to everyone that is getting on board here.

I can't wait till Shelly's friend gets the translation up. I'll be snail mailing a copy to everyone on the list personally. I will also re-send my e-mails accordingly.

I do sincerely believe that if they get 50 or a hundred letters in the mail from all of us here that it absolutely will get their attention. Sure they might not do anything about it right away, or ever. But if it gets their attention, it may be enough to make a change. At a minimum it will tell them that we care about what's happening, and we aren't happy about it. Unhappy customers are not a good source of repeat business, and word-of-mouth is the best advertising gimmick ever. Anyone that has ever been in sales knows about word of mouth advertising, and that negative advertising is 50 times more potent than positive advertising.

Anyway, thank you all again, and Damnit, someone sticky this thread. b:victory

It would be nice if they would sticky this thread but just like the poll... no one from PWI/PWE has any desire to high light their blunder. Whats more embarrassing is the poll asking if you favor this change is NOT being pushed by the MODs or Frankie and yet it has gone much more viral then the SP vs Glee poll which was a total JOKE. And if there was so much desire to have this change it cant be seen as less then half of the people commenting in the thread even support it and hands down even those who like the idea of it somewhere clearly DO NOT want to see it in SP. I dont know of any business with that much data against a blunder would double down on their idea and think it will get better. I can tell you its a huge black eye to an Anniversary month.
    edited September 2011
    I can't remember the specific events, but I can tell you that there would certainly be valid reasons to side with PWI depending on the situation. The "night of the mod riots" comes to mind. >_> I seem to recall not posting at all the entire weekend and then making a thread on monday morning criticizing the community for acting amazed that their rioting didn't do jack.

And that's where you're wrong. Mutiny on the boards was recognized and acknowledged... for about a week, maybe two. That's the attention span of corporate lackeys before they can out-of-sight any problems to be forgotten.

Only situationally. And half the time I let the trolls come to me. I try not to be the instigator. :P

But the fact remains that trolling and cynicism are never going to have any effect on things in this game. You may also recall that I've said, many times, that PWE and its forum management do have redeeming qualities and are certainly not the worst company out there. And it's true. And accepting that fact is the only thing that separates the open-minded objectors like us here, from the little kids who make those threads saying "HEY PWI ima BOYCOTT ur company cuz im a PAYIN CUSTOMER WHOS WIT ME!!!1"

This thread is very different from that attitude. It's a breath of fresh air, and if nothing else it lifts the community's opinion of itself to see this kind of organization and cooperation. We don't need people telling us it won't work (whether it will or not... which nobody, including you, can know). That's just more negative energy to add to the pile. We want to try something else for once.

I don't completely disagree... this is just the latest attempt to jump up and down and yell "look at me, look at me" just in a different manner because every other attempt failed miserably in the long run.

All you need to do is look at the TW rewards thread and how all that played out. Really no different than any of the other changes that weren't popular. In the end, their numbers proved what everyone had been saying the whole time... of course it was changed, but not because people complained.

It doesn't really matter to them. They get enough new people to spend lots of money before they grow bored and quit, enough of a turnaround that the lack of new players is alright because they have enough people who spend lots of money to keep sustaining the profit margin.

(If you'd like to refute my claims about trolling, I welcome a PM, but please don't do it here as it would derail the thread)

There's no need. I'm not the first, nor the last, to call you on your trolling. xP
    edited September 2011
    It would be nice if they would sticky this thread but just like the poll... no one from PWI/PWE has any desire to high light their blunder. Whats more embarrassing is the poll asking if you favor this change is NOT being pushed by the MODs or Frankie and yet it has gone much more viral then the SP vs Glee poll which was a total JOKE. And if there was so much desire to have this change it cant be seen as less then half of the people commenting in the thread even support it and hands down even those who like the idea of it somewhere clearly DO NOT want to see it in SP. I dont know of any business with that much data against a blunder would double down on their idea and think it will get better. I can tell you its a huge black eye to an Anniversary month.

The mods don't equal GMs, I haven't seen any mods really vocally supporting PK in SP. And the reason that poll was made is that more than likely they want to keep people spending and excited about PK, so like or not they want to have a free PK instance. Since they also said that they want to keep the PWIC arena (which no clue if it's the same arenas that have been closed down for a very long time) as something only GMS can use, I merely suggest sadistic glee as an alternative to having it in SP because SP is the worst possible place to have it. If they can't open the arena, and want to use a current instance, that one has a similar setup and mostly just used by high levels and has no quests that are required for cultivation/OHT. You don't have to like the suggestion to realize we both want the same thing, PK out of SP. Also the reason it has less views is because it's in the suggestion box. The suggestion box isn't usually a very busy area. If they weren't showing support for Astrelle's thread they would have closed it saying there is already a thread discussing PK in SP, even though the purposes of her thread and that one are so different that they both very much deserve their own topics.

We'll have to wait for Frankie's word about the rule change later today and we'll have to see what happens at maintenance to see if the devs even care. It's not going to happen instantly just because we complain.

@Michael Dark

What do you care if someone wastes a few minutes sending an email that won't be read anyway? Why do you care so much if we try that you feel the need to try and stop it?

@Topic

Can't wait for that translation, I plan to snail mail and email it. Two weeks spaced apart would probably be best so it seems like they are still coming in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited September 2011
    @Michael Dark

What do you care if someone wastes a few minutes sending an email that won't be read anyway? Why do you care so much if we try that you feel the need to try and stop it?

You're not very sharp...

I'll repost my reply to your statement:

I didn't say it wouldn't hurt. Actually calling and writing could eventually have some effect. Complaint threads, online petitions and thousands of posts of outcry go unheard. All the while the PWI forum and support staff have to hear about it and deal with it every day while it's nowhere near the thoughts of middle and upper management.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    I don't completely disagree... this is just the latest attempt to jump up and down and yell "look at me, look at me" just in a different manner because every other attempt failed miserably in the long run.

Do my sensors detect a blip of care for the PWI forums staffers?b:shocked

I'll be honest, the last person I expected to see that from was Michael.b:mischievous