Let your voice be heard

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Do my sensors detect a blip of care for the PWI forums staffers?b:shocked

I'll be honest, the last person I expected to see that from was Michael.b:mischievous

I've stuck up for PWI and forum staff more than a few times in the past... Just because I'm abrasive doesn't mean I'm biased.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    I've stuck up for PWI and forum staff more than a few times in the past... Just because I'm abrasive doesn't mean I'm biased.

Relax, I'm just playing Michael. Good to see you back on the forums, even if it's just for a visit.b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You're not very sharp...

I'll repost my reply to your statement:

Oh really? So you didn't say this?

t people here are just suffering from battered wife syndrome. It's a lost cause here. What makes people happy or unhappy here is of no concern to the version of the game they play there.

I honestly believe that anyone that thinks otherwise just hasn't payed any attention to the history of changes that the game has progressed through.

This is, in reality, nothing new to see. Move along.

Yeah, because telling people to move along is totally not telling people not to bother. Saying that petition and complaining is like battered wife syndrome totally isn't discouraging at all. No one could ever gather that from your posts. I must be stupid to have interpreted nothing to see here, move along as a dismissive statement. I guess I must be stoopid. herp durp. /sarcasm. And my question, by the way, had nothing to do with PWI entertainment, so your reply doesn't match at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:victoryGreat Post! It's about time the players got heard and make the game ours! PWI is big enough to stand on it's own now, not have to follow Asia
  • Myelene - Lost City
    Myelene - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    dear game people,

make packs 20 silver and we will forget about any bug and pvp in sp..well till sale ends.

ty.

maybe if they get the pack permanent at this price most will forget thet bugs and complain about packs again b:laugh XD
  • spyofpwi
    spyofpwi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Fan-Tastic.

I'll be having a word with some PW execs:)
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I approve of this thread.

I'll be sending quite a few emails this week on a daily basis:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    I didn't say it wouldn't hurt. Actually calling and writing could eventually have some effect. Complaint threads, online petitions and thousands of posts of outcry go unheard. All the while the PWI forum and support staff have to hear about it and deal with it every day while it's nowhere near the thoughts of middle and upper management.

This....
    I've read a lot of your posts Mike and you can be quite the cynic. I know there have been times where I was as well.
    And regardless of everything you've said before, you're hitting it on the nail right here. Everything we have done before has done just what you're describing. That was my primary reason for doing this.

Think of the change in SP to being the straw that broke the camels back. It's bad enough that we have to put up with forced PvP in the Cube on PvE servers. Now we have to have it forced upon us in an instance where a lot of little people have quests, and even being under level 30 doesn't guarantee your safety anymore.

I also know that there's a lot of idiots out there calling us PvE'ers noobs because we are up in arms about this. I've been called many things because I play on a "CareBear" server. I tell you what though, come on over and put your money where your mouth is. I may be a squishy cleric with marginal gear, but I know how to use my skills and I put up a damn good fight. Though my primary gameplay is on Sanctuary, I started, and still play on Lost City. None of that makes the changes to SP any less of an issue.

So it's time to put our foot down and let them know that we aren't taking this lightly. As for the TW pay, it did get returned, but does anyone know why? Maybe it was because of the super huge thread that was generated, and our lower end management finally was able to get through?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    +1 to this post.

Let's make a noise and see if they listen.

If they don't, then I guess it's time for me ( and most people who loved the game as it used to be ) to move on.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    And that's where you're wrong. Mutiny on the boards was recognized and acknowledged... for about a week, maybe two. That's the attention span of corporate lackeys before they can out-of-sight any problems to be forgotten.
    Yes, they achieved a very minor change (namely, a do-over of the mod appointments sans KonariRaiden) in the most childish and energy-inefficient manner possible. In fact, as I wrote that following Monday:
    As several people put it, "why act nice? they aren't gonna listen to us when we're nice." Well do you think they're gonna listen to you when you're like that?? I can spend an hour making a heartfelt plea to you on some issue, but if you still disagree with me, pissing on your dog afterwards is not going to help my case. What happened on Friday is that people stopped caring about the problem, stopped caring about the cause. People wanted Frankie's head on a pike, and didn't even stop to think why. People didn't stop to give themselves a reality check... not even a moment to ask themselves "am I doing something useful here?"
    I'll leave it to the community to decide, but IMO this is still relevant. :-/

Sorry, but real-world experience contradicts you, Michael. I know for a fact that if you bug the right people and if you bug them often enough, things DO get done. And it's a hell of a lot more effective then rioting will ever be.

I don't completely disagree... this is just the latest attempt to jump up and down and yell "look at me, look at me" just in a different manner because every other attempt failed miserably in the long run.
    Now see, this is what I'm talking about. Why is it that when someone makes an idea that isn't about trolling and cynicism for once, people like you feel compelled to call it an attention stunt? Are you really that jaded?

Honestly, it's better than just continuing to follow the troll-and-rage formula. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Bump for importance.
  • Fip - Dreamweaver
    Fip - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Perfectworld developer face book, tell him to fix game http://www.facebook.com/haohappy
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Perfectworld developer face book, tell him to fix game
    A word of warning: if people actually do this, he's gonna start getting messages from potentially dozens of people. We do NOT...... NOT want to be perceived as some sort of Facebook harassment group. I mean... we're not 4chan, ffs. >_>

This doesn't appear to be the guy's professional page. It looks like a personal page. We do not want to be seen as responsible for harassing some poor guy's personal Facebook, no matter what he did (and we don't know what he did, exactly).

If I were you, I'd take down that link. -_- This may be more "direct," but there are plenty of methods of contact that are far more dignified and professional than this, and therefore more likely to get real results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • _Peyton__ - Sanctuary
    _Peyton__ - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    A word of warning: if people actually do this, he's gonna start getting messages from potentially dozens of people. We do NOT...... NOT want to be perceived as some sort of Facebook harassment group. I mean... we're not 4chan, ffs. >_>

This doesn't appear to be the guy's professional page. It looks like a personal page. We do not want to be seen as responsible for harassing some poor guy's personal Facebook, no matter what he did (and we don't know what he did, exactly).

If I were you, I'd take down that link. -_- This may be more "direct," but there are plenty of methods of contact that are far more dignified and professional than this, and therefore more likely to get real results.

I agree with your comments making a point by spamming a personal facebook page will get us nowhere. He would also have to add people as friends for them to post on his wall and Im sure if he suddenly recieved a barrage of friend requests alarm bells would be ringing.
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2011

agreed, but...

this is the risk of using social media like FB or twitter.

as said of there terms of service they cant garantee your info being secured
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    While I understand that many letters regarding this topic are probably very long and full of explanations and potential solutions, I think the shorter the letter the better.

Following is the letter I and my friend plan to send. Please feel free to use it yourself with your own name and email.

===
    Dear PWE;

Re: PvP in Secret Passage on PWI's PvE Servers

We wish to express in the strongest possible terms our disappointment and disdain for the recent change that allows players to attack other players even though they are not in PK mode in Secret Passage, specifically on PvE servers.

We chose to play Perfect World for many reasons, and despite other glitches, have supported the game and the Perfect World online community since PWI first started. We chose the PvE servers because we DO NOT want to engage in random fights with other players. The animosity this often causes is quite unpleasant and not how we wish to spend our recreational gaming time.

Please reinstate the ban on players who PK non-PK (blue name) players in Secret Passage at least on the PvE servers. If PK must be available, then create a separate instance or restrict players to PK in uncommon rooms in Secret Passage (west of the main hall for example).

If this is not done, then we will be forced to find other games that cater to our interest in being part of a friendly gaming community.

Sincerely,

Bosk, Barbarian, Sanctuary Server
    Ssppaazz, Cleric, Sanctuary Server

===

[NB: Real names were used in actual letter to PWE's CEO]

It might not make a difference, but we like PW enough to at least try to be heard.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Myriette - Sanctuary
    Myriette - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Someone should go pay a visit to the PWE offices in Beijing to lodge a formal complaint, heh =P
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    Robert Frost
    edited September 2011
    Just woke up and caught FrankieRaye's post in the maintenance thread....
    If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?

Don't make ANY instance where people have QUESTS an open PvP Arena like they did in Secret Passage. I don't get why this is such a hard idea Frankie.

I mean seriously, are they that clueless? No offense Frankie, but you've got to be an idiot if you think we're going to put up with this.
    We've been complaining about having PK forced on us in the Cube for ages, we aren't going to put up with it anywhere else. You might as well just switch the status of all the servers to PvP if you're going to do that. Then you can watch how many of us stick around. The servers will be a ghost town. Then someone will get a clue, but it will be too late. All the people boasting that the game is dead will finally be right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh really? So you didn't say this?

Yeah, because telling people to move along is totally not telling people not to bother. Saying that petition and complaining is like battered wife syndrome totally isn't discouraging at all. No one could ever gather that from your posts. I must be stupid to have interpreted nothing to see here, move along as a dismissive statement. I guess I must be stoopid. herp durp. /sarcasm. And my question, by the way, had nothing to do with PWI entertainment, so your reply doesn't match at all.

Wow, you just went past borderline and smacked yourself straight into the psychotic wall.

Way to skip backwards in a convo...
    This post is on a forum in a threaded format. You can easily see where I said one thing, you replied to me, then I replied to you... then you flew bat s**t out of left field with something from before while conveniently ignoring what I stated to you...

I just don't even... what is this?

b:sweat
    Sorry, but real-world experience contradicts you, Michael. I know for a fact that if you bug the right people and if you bug them often enough, things DO get done. And it's a hell of a lot more effective then rioting will ever be.

Please go back and read your last message completely. You've acknowledged that nothing has worked in the past, yet you contradict yourself now. It has yet to be seen if the PWE machine can be influenced at all.

Now see, this is what I'm talking about. Why is it that when someone makes an idea that isn't about trolling and cynicism for once, people like you feel compelled to call it an attention stunt? Are you really that jaded?

Honestly, it's better than just continuing to follow the troll-and-rage formula. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. >_>

Wait, this isn't an attention stunt?

Then there is no need to get their attention?

/shrug

/facepalm
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Leafdance - Dreamweaver
    Leafdance - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow.

The original poster made some good points, but...

I hope some of you people don't ever buy any items from my place of work or become a regular customer. I don't care if I'm an employee (read that, EMPLOYEE) there. I don't care if I'm the one making the stuff. It's a damn JOB. It pays my bills. There are guidelines that every employee has to follow also when designing or producing any product.

LOL, and if any of crazy customers have the dumb notion of ever tracking me down personally outside of work... I own a few shotguns.
    edited September 2011
    So far I have kept it purely in the business arena. Unfortunately others have not done so. Personally, if I had the power, some of those posts would just dissapear.

Also, Mike, Miugre, and VenusArmani, please take it to vent, PM's, Skype, anywhere but here. Your posts are not benefitting this thread and your animosity towards each other could get this thread derailed and closed.

Knock it off and get off my lawn.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    So far I have kept it purely in the business arena. Unfortunately others have not done so. Personally, if I had the power, some of those posts would just dissapear.

Also, Mike, Miugre, and VenusArmani, please take it to vent, PM's, Skype, anywhere but here. Your posts are not benefitting this thread and your animosity towards each other could get this thread derailed and closed.

Knock it off and get off my lawn.b:chuckle
    Threads do get derailed pretty fast around here. -_- The whole point of my replies to Michael was actually to keep that from happening (I do hope that's... y'know, obvious). But it went on longer than I expected and taking it to PMs would probably be a good idea by this point.

It's rare enough to see a thread around here that isn't weighed down with cynicism. I think most of us here don't want to see that end. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011

you'd better not be. blatant bias against PWE employees and volunteers is my schtick, and i don't want anyone horning in on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow.

The original poster made some good points, but...

I hope some of you people don't ever buy any items from my place of work or become a regular customer. I don't care if I'm an employee (read that, EMPLOYEE) there. I don't care if I'm the one making the stuff. It's a damn JOB. It pays my bills. There are guidelines that every employee has to follow also when designing or producing any product.

LOL, and if any of crazy customers have the dumb notion of ever tracking me down personally outside of work... I own a few shotguns.

If as an EMPLOYEE or business owner you chose to embrace something as da.mn dumb as this idea with ZERO thought of the outcome and slowed response in changing it back... you would not have to worry about us crazy customers... you would be UNEMPLOYED. The only reason this game gets away with it is because its a free to play game. If this was an actual retail establishment that was promoting harassment by other consumers... there would have been a police officer at your door and SHUT YOU DOWN.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    OMG someone actualy read that wall b:shocked
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    heres my letter

DEAR stupid pwe people i swear to god if you dont make it so blue names and other people cant pick up drops in the next month i will come over there and pk you...

love channman ^_^
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    B
    Cleric buff skill Aegis Spirit does not get properly over-written when re-buffed as the others do. Magic shell used to have the same problem but it got fixed.

Even though someone necroed this thread... I am 99,9% sure that magic shell still does not overwrite itself and furthermore never has done so as originally intended.
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
    edited September 2011
    Even though someone necroed this thread... I am 99,9% sure that magic shell still does not overwrite itself and furthermore never has done so as originally intended.

For me it seems to be hit or miss on either buff. What thread got Necroed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You're not very sharp...

All Michael ever does is berate peoples intelligence to look like his is higher than most. In reality he is an average fatty with a low self esteem.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I've no animosity towards Michael despite his armchair psychiatrist rants against me and his in ability to see that the point of this thread or his insistence that i'm only allowed to reply to him instead of pointing out his general attempts to derail the thread in my reply to him. In doing so though, I only helped him derail it further. So i'll stop. b:surrender :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit