Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Options

Comments

• Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    Lunaryl - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey, look.. rep sale. Good thing it's useless to most of us because we can't get the medals. Keep trying PWI, you've failed so much already that you're bound to get a slightly less-than-fail release soon. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryegard - Heavens Tear
    Ryegard - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Awesome.....the chip sale I have been waiting for and now I am screwed out of redeeming my 7 medals.
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Guys maybe we are going about this all wrong. This might have been the best move ever.

If like they say in the post they knew about it but couldn't let the cat out of the bag because they didn't want a rush of exploiters to jump on it. then...

They had time to work out a suitable compremise.

this shows me the true nature of there little company and has saved me some real life cash.

I have played MMO's for years but grats PWI Maybe I WILL give Hello Kitty a try <sarcastic>
  • Ryegard - Heavens Tear
    Ryegard - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Guys maybe we are going about this all wrong. This might have been the best move ever.

Give me one example of them ever making a good move.
  • Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
    Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i am super glad i got my last medal for my wizzy, but oh well for my bm...

why would u take away an option like getting medals???? why woouldnt u just like raise the amount of dq points rquired to get them, heck even 5x the amount like 100k dq points for one medal, BUT dont remove the option for peopleb:cryb:cryb:cry

just like its nice to get chips for tokens from dq, but it is the most expensive way to go lol BUT at least u can still get some chips this way...
    Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
    101 BM (5aps/r9)
    100 Veno (Farmer)
    90 Sin (for goofs)
    75 pys (for info)
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PWI takes away any method to get new medals and now have a r9 sale with only chips and reputation. Just when I thought you guys couldn't possibly **** up anything worse. I feel I should screenshot this for reference.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Torzuk - Lost City
    Torzuk - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    YAY Rep Sale!!! R9 Here i go!!!! oh wait...Medals Gone from DQ Rewards... b:laughb:laughb:laugh - Fail x 100
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Items Added to Dq System

Super PickAxe for Superfast farming (breaks after 1 use)

Chest of coins (still need hammer to open and only has 1 coin in it )

Fake R 8 & R 9 Gears (just to make you feel b:cuteloved but you still get one shotted by the real R8 & R9 Players plus it also shatters on use)

Hp & Mana charms (that take away Hp & Mana )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL Alot of us sooooooo called it.

Fail timing GMs, but was also painfully obvious to predict it coming, the rep sale that is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • bolverk
    bolverk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LMAO I was kinda sad for removing the medals... but now the rep sale without medals in CS cant stop laughing.
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    Janalae - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i bet they removed the medals from the sale in the last minute after the forum rage started.

keep on raging. maybe they put the medals back into the dq system. its not like it hurted anyone.

happy dq farmers
    happy r9 users
    happy merchants

unhappy pwi because one of their many products did not sell because it could be farmed in the game? lol

happy customers come first. don't you think? not that you made enough cash witht he chips and rep already
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Anyone want to test if event boutique items can be glitched too? If not, then there is your fix.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Kastielle - Heavens Tear
    Kastielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I had no idea that you could sell the DQ gained medal and whilst I wouldnt exploit a glitch myself anyhow - what I dont get is...

some people would have charged real money... sold the gold..... went off to buy a medal that someone else farmed from DQ - wouldnt that be a win win for pwi and peeps ingame ?

The removal of them from DQ surely will only affect their income more, cos why would anyone bother charging to buy chips and the extra rep to get R9 when the last item is far out of reach - unless like many have said, they are going to be added to the cash shop.

ps QQ was 4k DQ away from getting my first 2 medals.
  • IamRoland - Harshlands
    IamRoland - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Typical PWI BS, I have 160k DQ points saved for medals was just waiting on the rep sale.

I sure they will be for sale in CS.
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm not reading through 20 pages of the same thing, but this was a BAD MOVE PWI. You are **** over ALL of us who ever thought we could farm R9 to catch up to the people who were already able to get it.

You gave the game (somewhat) easily attainable R9. Ok. Now you TAKE IT AWAY as soon as some of us are at the point where we can get a piece? And at the exact same time as you put the chips and rep in the boutique?! SERIOUSLY?!

FIX THE DAMN EXPLOIT instead of ****ing over everyone who was trying to farm it!

ARG you are hurting people who didn't do anything wrong while you try to stop people abusing an exploit YOU allowed in the game. You have known about this for a while, you could have said it was bannable (and you said it wasn't because its a function of the items to be changable) or you could have FIXED IT!

Thank you for widening the gap between player groups even more.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    bolverk wrote: »
    LMAO I was kinda sad for removing the medals... but now the rep sale without medals in CS cant stop laughing.

And thus those who were abusing the "Exploit" benefit even further.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And thus those who were abusing the "Exploit" benefit even further.

Don't remind us Dx
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wow I dont know what PWI was thinking. They dont have the medals going on sale... Kinda pointless to put the chips without the medals...
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hopefully this gets fixed soon, ima miss the ppl out farming dq to pk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Anyone want to test if event boutique items can be glitched too? If not, then there is your fix.

They cant.
  • Ling__Tong - Sanctuary
    Ling__Tong - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Good job kicking yourself in the nuts, PW - you're really talented to be able to kick yourself there c:
  • Vlein - Sanctuary
    Vlein - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why always do that here, I think If I should put something I will be aware of problems, If theres a bug making medals tradeable fix it, there are several players waiting for this sale to get some chips and medals... this way ppl inst please because its annoying those actions of "emergency", I think u SHOULD fix the bug not taking the medals away...

A firend told me I left u in this ******* game how I can get something there I spend much money and now they do that? Its better getting another free game or hacking game to get things, and I think... with all this now I understand the hanking trouble... Haker was right better do things bad way than good way...

I already spend much money to get IX rank equipment and now this... Im very disappointed PWI.. I will NOT recommend u cause this events.b:surrender
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Wow thanks alot, I've been farming for months working on rank 9 now you jerk offs remove this, guess since I didn't drop 2-3k at once you dont care. Worthless company.
  • Vlein - Sanctuary
    Vlein - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yea here wetalk about responsability and customer service<---- PWI doesnt have that as company MUST be for the customers happiness.

Several ppl are talking about leaving or eighter stop buying thingson Cash shop...

Im asking u, plz fix the bug andreturn medals, I dont want friends leave, and make worth the months of farming and gatering resources of hundreds of players, whta PWI wants?

Money?----> Get costumer satisfied
    No troubles?---->Fix the problems u got now before u adding more
    Ppl dont talking shi* bout PWI----> Well its too late for that b:surrender
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    wow, your guys finally pulled the trigger. time to take a break any way. I have 4 of 7 pieces of R9 now, just need 1 more medal to get 5th piece, now you are telling me I am done? I would not even started to work on R9 if the medal is not obtainable at first place. now after I putted in all the time and money. 1st char has 4 of 7 pieces, the sin is on the way to R9 too, you made this change? good job PWI.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    can someone explain exactly what is so exploitable/horrible about being able to trade/sell the dq generated medals? like seriously... where exactly is there harm or unfair advantage over others?
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    can someone explain exactly what is so exploitable/horrible about being able to trade/sell the dq generated medals? like seriously... where exactly is there harm or unfair advantage over others?

you believe what they told you? they will put medal in cash shop next update for 100 gold each.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

1. It's a bug so it's not accessible to everyone by default.
    2. It hurts PWE's sales of Medals of Glory.

There's your explanation.

Also, this pretty much makes grinding DQs worthless. Hooray 30 DQs an hour for OMG 93,000 coins. That barely covers 1 hyper stone.

So pretty much the only thing left for me to do in this game now is merchant until I get bored and level to 100. Then do what they want me to do: Nirvana and BH100 until I get bored and quit the game.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Yupiteru - Sanctuary
    Yupiteru - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    thi is rly w.e
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    1. It's a bug so it's not accessible to everyone by default.
    2. It hurts PWE's sales of Medals of Glory.

There's your explanation.

Also, this pretty much makes grinding DQs worthless. Hooray 30 DQs an hour for OMG 93,000 coins. That barely covers 1 hyper stone.

So pretty much the only thing left for me to do in this game now is merchant until I get bored and level to 100. Then do what they want me to do: Nirvana and BH100 until I get bored and quit the game.

What sales? They haven't had them back in since the first one....hell they didn't even put it the one they are doing now....
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
This discussion has been closed.