Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Options

Comments

• RainZ - Raging Tide
    RainZ - Raging Tide Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    NUUUUU i was 2k away from havin enuff medals! i demand rep/rank sale!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Didn't you like... quit the forums, man?

Fight the power!

Didn't you like...quit the game, man?

I post on occasion b:chuckle

Nice to see you Rhyme b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • _Jaysun_ - Heavens Tear
    _Jaysun_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why in God's great name did you quote that guys post?

And why did you comment on his? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the Right Way To Fix This Is As Follows:

set All Medals Of Glory To Untradeable

2nded
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Dezto - Harshlands
    Dezto - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Everyone knows that what ever PW-CN gets, PWI gets. Just read over some the threads containg DQ be lowered, TW rewards going from coins to mirages, etc.

This is just a guess, but I think that they are actually no programmers that work directly for PWI.

PWI has web content devs, forum mods, translators (CN to EN) and then IT guys that handle the patches.

All the actual coding is done in China, for and by PW-CN.

In a few hours there will be a announcement that the rep, medal of glory and chips are going to be on sale. PWI had 2 choices:
    1. Let the players exploit DQ rewards and make less profit.
    2. **** the players, remove the medal of glory from DQ rewards and make slightly more profits (although I doubt it is going to be worth it in the end, with all the rage that is going on).

This is just a theory, but I guess we will see soon enough.
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Didn't you like...quit the game, man?

I post on occasion b:chuckle

Nice to see you Rhyme b:kiss

Nice to see you, too. But thats just like, your opinion man.
  • Oz_vessalius - Sanctuary
    Oz_vessalius - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    not only will the dq market crash, making it harder for non cash shopping players to make money, but the price for medals is gonna skyrocket now. the in game economy for medals was actally working out ok, people were just getting medals and selling them instead of holding on to the masses of dq items needed to make one. im not sure why, but when you see a potential problem you guys always make the best decision to make people rage and hate you, listen to what all the players are saying, the system was sound, yes people were using the glitch that made medals tradeable, but they had worked for the dq points anyway and the rest of us were fine with it, if not we would have complained. give us a break already and let us have the medals back on the dq list
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well u might has well bugga off the wraith officers badges for rep
    and make us buy them has well b:bye

you pretty much made nothing farmable in the game without CS

You add ways to get DQ Points and dont add any thing new or worth it

then you take away from Us yet again the things that are only realy worth it whats the point b:surrender

BTW ppls are WC on sanc (WTS Medals of glory 50 to 90 mil)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QuickBows - Heavens Tear
    QuickBows - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Farming a lot for one goal to buy Medal of Glory. Now as usual you wanted to have profit selling this item from boutique. I am so sad and disappointed. I am not in faction, and don't want to participate in TW, because believe - it's just spending your money (charms, mats and etc)
    You just found the new reason to remove Medal of Glory from DQ rewards. It isn't fair, because others who got their R9 weapons spending less than you going to.

So, when you need some profit you always fix the game, but when something needs to players you find a reason.

Maybe I should start playing another game ? You know, when hundred people will refuse to play and pay maybe you will understand situation better...

I am very, VERY b:angry
  • Ryegard - Heavens Tear
    Ryegard - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How about adding a 10mill note for 20k DQ points so that I can get my money back that I spent on DQ points just for my last 7 badges that I needed!

WTG ..!.
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    s: I know it must be really frustrating for everyone who were obtaining medals through DQ points...but holy Jesus, this consistent whining about them being gone and **** is really irritating and it's making me wonder if PW is being played by a bunch of big babies.

For once when they find some kind of exploit or whatever and do something to TEMPORARILY* "fix" it, people are throwing a gigantic hissy fit. Frankie stated that it was taken out because they were supposed to be bound to your character. Honestly, why it took them this long to find out, I don't know, but either way, hopefully it will get fixed to be the way it was supposed to be because I'm tired of seeing WCs after WCs complaining about it. So people, please, relax. s: Sometimes fixing things can take a second or two but you have to realize that not everything can be fixed that quickly and will need some time...so just be patient. Tonight is maintenance anyway, so we'll see...

And all you people suggesting to fix a "simple coding" or whatever...how about you go ahead and step up to do the job if you think it's that simple?

*And by temporary, I'm just saying that because of what I read earlier on what Frankie said about him talking to devs about finding another way to get medals. Whether it be through DQ points again or not, I don't know...but either way, they're gonna come back I'm sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How does them being tradable or not effect anything? You buy the medals or you buy the dq items to get them for the same price point? The only logical thing to do it you are hell bent on medals only going to them that farmed them would to make all dq items bound. Since you already killed the economy of said items I doubt the playerbase would rage much more than it already has.

99/100 people can already follow the trail of logic of why you don't want people to have easy access to the medals, because the trail is paved in GOLD.

Sad thing is, even tho I now have a use for my chests o coins, I'm probably gonna keep them because you never know if they might be tradable for chrono pages or something down the road lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The office closed 20 minutes ago guys. Frankie is probably driving his $100,000 car to his $1,000,000 home where he will sleep on his $5,000 dollar bed while watching his $15,000 TV.

Don't expect a response.
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Couldnt have at least waited till maint? I mean seriously... no warning. Did you take any business classes about change and how to go about it? FAAAAAAACk you
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Couldnt have at least waited till maint? I mean seriously... no warning. Did you take any business classes about change and how to go about it? FAAAAAAACk you

Frankie explained why there couldn't be more warning. To be honest, I can understand his point there.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Wouldn't have mattered. DQ page wasn't working remember?
  • Oz_vessalius - Sanctuary
    Oz_vessalius - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i wish i had $5000 to spend on a bed...
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    his $1,000,000 home

You forget that PWE is in the San Francisco Bay Area... If Frankie actually bought his home (not a condo), chances are that he spent nearly $1M. Certainly no less than a half mil... Housing isn't cheap here.

(At least prices are down due to the economy!)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sheesh guys relax it was only countless hours of farming. Can easily get the hours back by cash shopping....Oh wait >_>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nice. So it much worse than it was.b:chuckle
    One man already predict this. He said you will add pickaxe and he was right. You added absolutely nothing worth.
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wouldn't have mattered. DQ page wasn't working remember?

Wasnt working because they made it not work. They try to cover it up but we know medals will be on sale tonight.
  • SaiyanGohan - Lost City
    SaiyanGohan - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I love your Signature Fintan <3
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The office closed 20 minutes ago guys. Frankie is probably driving his $100,000 car to his $1,000,000 home where he will sleep on his $5,000 dollar bed while watching his $15,000 TV.

Don't expect a response.

um, maint. is tonight. I'm pretty sure they work late on Tuesdays...... >.>
  • SeeMonkey - Sanctuary
    SeeMonkey - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I got my Final part of R9 (wep) two days ago. Damn lucky for me.

What I am most concerned about is the people that figured out how to make these items tradeable. What is being done to fine these players and ban them?

Yes something needed to be done. Yes they should be removed but I think eventually they should go back in once it is fixed.

The problem I see now is SOOOO many players selling MOG, bit stacks of them for crazy prices. 30 medals.. really??? why would you have 30 tradeable medals? How would you even get that many. Obviuosly by using this exploit. Instead of being punished these people that used the exploit are now getting a massive payday cause the price of MOG just went from 8-10m to 40 ro 50m.

Crazyness, reward the cheaters again..
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • SirDagger - Harshlands
    SirDagger - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i wish i had $5000 to spend on a bed...

Well you coulda ozy my boy, but you spent ur last $5000 on dq points. Hey maybe you could take ur points and exchange it for a nice bed b:avoid
  • Ascension - Dreamweaver
    Ascension - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yes. YOU RUIN THIS GAME MORE THAN EVER b:spit

Ofc medals will be on sale from now on cuz they never get enough cash ..
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I am going to have to agree with the bulk of the responses here. There really is a simple solution to fixing this problem, make all medals TRADE-ABLE. This way it is not so costly for people to achieve rank 9, and keeps the game on even playing fields. If not for your rank armor sales, people would have a terrible disadvantage in armor all the way around. You have made it next to impossible for the average person to farm out even just their 90 armor anymore. Making a standard where there are far more sins being created due to the OPness of the 5aps classes. These are the people who benefit from all of your changes, not the average player.

Things I think would fix this...

1.If you have to take out the medals and want a way to put them back in game to earn them without having to split the programming for trade-able/non-trade-able, then simply put them in the event boutique.Put the price at 75 event gold, and keep them trade-able. People could still earn them for free that way, and would make the DQ system you put in place still worth something.

2.Turn back the HH/TT system. It should not take 100+ lvl players to run out HH/TT 90 armor.

Another thing I think you need to fix is the insane concept of sins being able to use skills or spark in stealth. By making them so insanely OP, you are forcing most of the older classes to roll sins to be able to run instances. The game can not be played from a pve point of view with entire servers being just the 5aps classes. Finding a cleric or a barb for the average player is next to impossible.

Does this move affect me directly, no. I have my rank 9. But i do think in the interest of keeping the game alive, this was a BAD move.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    CHEST OF COIN GIVE YOU 500 DQ POINT EVERYTIME YOU NPC 1 OF THEM AND THE 100k for 150 DQ POINTS GIVES YOU A JJ PACK ALONG WITH THE 150 DQ POINTS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I love your Signature Fintan <3

Well, you've been the most graceful of all those I've offended in WC... b:heart

I'd be permabanned if I posted what some people say to me in blue chat! b:shutupb:shocked

Also, to keep it on topic, I stand by my suggestion a few pages ago. I'm trying to find a reason to complain about anything else and am failing so far, so good job. b:pleased

(For those not familiar with the proper way to handle something being exploited, they did it the correct way: mitigate then disclose. If your house's front door had a broken lock, would you put a big sign up that the lock's busted and the locksmith is coming in the morning and take off to see a movie?)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
This discussion has been closed.