Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Options

Comments

• Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    no, i dont believe them.

and if my memory serves me correctly, the medals were only on sale in the cash shop once, with the very first rep/chip sale back in december. am i forgetting a second time they were released? also they are not releasing them tonight.. so...?
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Of all things u can put in the DQ SYSTEM u have to put the god dam CHEST OF COINS, who will care to get that with the DQ pts. if you still have to get the darn HAMMER to open it ~stare~ rly guys you are intelligent to the ((third power)), just try to fix the bug don't just go to the easy road and take the item out that wont solve anything rly.

i'm pretty sure the chest of coin can now be npc'd to gain dq points. not using dq points to claim a chest as a reward. i'll leave it to one of the forum trolls to call you names.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i'm pretty sure the chest of coin can now be npc'd to gain dq points. not using dq points to claim a chest as a reward. i'll leave it to one of the forum trolls to call you names.

^ bingo +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Armengar - Lost City
    Armengar - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Of all things u can put in the DQ SYSTEM u have to put the god dam CHEST OF COINS, who will care to get that with the DQ pts. if you still have to get the darn HAMMER to open it ~stare~ rly guys you are intelligent to the ((third power)), just try to fix the bug don't just go to the easy road and take the item out that wont solve anything rly.

read the bloody post insted of infering.....

Chest of coins are not a DQ Point reward, they NPC for 500 DQ points each.

thus rendering a once Useless item Useful once more.

Perhaps the one good change they made.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yupi, hun. Read it - You don't get chest of coins from DQPs. You get DQPs from selling Chest of coins.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

So you call them unintelligent and you apparently can't even read and comprehend a couple sentences that state you turn chest of coins in FOR DQ points not to buy FROM DQ points. b:bye
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    However, you can't get chest of coins from cube anymore (thankfully) like it says.

The only real source of them, as far as I know, is rebirth. And then I would rather not get them anyway, tome frags are much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What sales? They haven't had them back in since the first one....hell they didn't even put it the one they are doing now....

Because putting them on sale now wouldn't make sense. It'd only cause a massive uproar. Watch them put it in the next one, possibly at a reduced price. And it's gonna sell damn well because all of the supplies will have dried out when you only get 1 of those in a week to a random faction.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yupi, hun. Read it - You don't get chest of coins from DQPs. You get DQPs from selling Chest of coins.

Equally as pointless
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Is it me or did they made a small problem into a much bigger problem?

To get the medals, someone has to get the DQ points. You can get the DQ points by farming or buying the DQ loot. Now someone who wants that medal has those 2 options. But when it's tradeable they can now get it directly from someone who either 1) farmed or 2) bought the DQ loot. The amount the medal will sell for is possibly a little higher than what the seller got it for, but seriously, i don't see any problems with it since people can get it in an honest way.

Now you've decided to take the medals which you need to make your endgame gear out of the game because you don't want people to make honest profits on medals? Is pwi stupid or am i stupid because i don't get it.

I sure won't get 300k rep anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Guys the real damage is what it will do to the players that can't spend lots and lots of money.

I drop 20 bucks when I have it maybe 300 or so bucks since I started playing. therefore I relied heavily on DQ sales to supliment my play. With the inflated market it's not reasonable to grind for dq's at face value. Now that medals are gone there is no reason for people to pay 6-10k per dq only face value.

So it's pretty much game over for me.. I can't pay more simple as that.

So all they did is lose is the few $20s I droped on the game here and there. Cuz I wont pay anything now.

That is the real damage it has caused with ALOT of players. not just the ones that were looking forward to rank9
  • alyona
    alyona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I replied to this earlier...but I can't imagine it getting resolved in any reasonably timely manner. Since I saved my points to buy my tokens during a sale, I am disadvantaged to all those players that have already bought their tokens/r9 gear.

I played PWI for a long time, and spent a considerable amount of time and cash shop on the game because I really enjoyed it, until I got tired of the lack of customer support and respect for the players, and I quit for a very long time. I only came back with the expansion when i looked the game over and saw changes, mainly the dq system, that made it possible to achieve end game gear through REASONABLE in-game means.

I am not a rage-quitter, however if there is no remedy to this, I really don't see a motivation to continue playing. I took a year off once, enjoyed other games and filled out surveys in my email about WHY i quit PWI....namely that their customer service sucks. I have yet to EVER have a ticket satisfactorily resolved, and this is the ONLY game I have ever played where I have never ONCE in my entire time in a game received an appropriate response to a ticket. This only compounds my frustration.

As far as I'm concerned, instead of spending money on cash shop items from a company that fails to respect its players, I'm going to save it and spend it on a 3d computer so I can play OTHER games in incredible uber detail.
  • Zaphael - Heavens Tear
    Zaphael - Heavens Tear Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Exactly Shifong. It's not like they got medals from thin-air. Someone had to get the medals in a legit way at some point. If it was a glitch that let them make medals from nothing, then sure....stop it. I see no difference in buying dq items or buying the already made medal.
    "there is a majority of people I can't here stand anymore. The skill level in TW has decreased dramatically. Frankly I am tired leading a TW of a bunch of idiots and morons. I outlasted my patience for them. I just can't waste anymore time here." ~Ehmi's leaving post.
  • evegenesis
    evegenesis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I understand why you think that your losing profits, but its not what you think actually your making tons of profit if keep the medal of glory in dq.

Reason for this is simple:

1. Most players only started to cash shop because they could get the medals of glory from dq
    reason being is because farming chips and rep badges takes a lot more time through dq then just buying them off in boutique.

2.Since medals of glory are gain by dq many players can get rank 9 this evens the playing field and makes more Territory's wars take part.

Now whats going to happen:

1. Now that medals can;t be gained by dq many will not spend to get rank 9 this means huge loss in sales.

2.Only few guilds will be actually be able to do Territory's wars, meaning less interest and it will die out.

3. 1 medal of glory random per land owner meaning that way less players will be able to get rank 9.

What should be done to get profits:

1.Instead focusing on rep sales or orb sales and taking out stuff that should be farm able.
    introduce more fashion, get other company's into the mix pretty sure a lot company's will give out millions of money to get these player base to go over their products and stuff, because its cheap advertising.

2.Introduce new features like food for players a element where if you don;t eat over a period of time while on in game you lose another stat that effects your players ability to fight. Make these available only through purchase of a new spending system and make it cheap and affordable like 5$ per month, this way you will have stable influx of money and keep everyone happy plus make the game challenging.

3.This also makes player realize that spending so much time in game can cause health problems, so it will get them working more in effect helping the economy.

To sum it up if you do something like what i suggested not only will you get tons of profits it will be a stable one, keeps everyone happy and working.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Guys the real damage is what it will do to the players that can't spend lots and lots of money.

I drop 20 bucks when I have it maybe 300 or so bucks since I started playing. therefore I relied heavily on DQ sales to supliment my play. With the inflated market it's not reasonable to grind for dq's at face value. Now that medals are gone there is no reason for people to pay 6-10k per dq only face value.

So it's pretty much game over for me.. I can't pay more simple as that.

So all they did is lose is the few $20s I droped on the game here and there. Cuz I wont pay anything now.

That is the real damage it has caused with ALOT of players. not just the ones that were looking forward to rank9
    \

do not worry, medal will be in cash shop soon, may as soon as in 2 hours. but this does tell me it is time to stop. in near future, you will have to buy coins with gold (real money) if you ever need coins to TP or repair.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Exactly Shifong. It's not like they got medals from thin-air. Someone had to get the medals in a legit way at some point. If it was a glitch that let them make medals from nothing, then sure....stop it. I see no difference in buying dq items or buying the already made medal.

Well, for one, it made sure that there was a constant, easy and most importantly cheaper-than-boutique alternative for how to get Medals of Glory. All of these factors pretty much made any idea of Medal of Glory sales pointless. Which of course won't do, since they know people want Rank 9.

It again comes to the sales they make. Just like everything else.

As someone mentioned in one of the threads, they'll probably take out the charms from Event Boutique soon enough.

Oh and once the TW map gets down to a 1-2 faction dominance again on most servers, the QQ will be even more massive. Or the Medal of Glory sales will be more frequent.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Guys it's not even a discusion we know it had nothing to do with an actual bug. It had to do with profit being made from DQ's. We can stop waisting our fingers we all know the bug wasn't the REAL reason.

patronizing to think pwi thought we would fall for it. further showing how disconnected they are from there player base.

Hell There hasn't even been a mod come on defending the fact that it WAS a bug and not because of the profit being made from dqs.

So whatever.. like I said I'll just put my wallet away.
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hi were too stupid to fix a player exploit so instead of bothering to do our job and change a few lines of code were going to remove the medals of glory from the DQ point page. Good Job PWI this is as smart as changing the TW reward to mirages
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well, for one, it made sure that there was a constant, easy and most importantly cheaper-than-boutique alternative for how to get Medals of Glory. All of these factors pretty much made any idea of Medal of Glory sales pointless. Which of course won't do, since they know people want Rank 9.

It again comes to the sales they make. Just like everything else.

As someone mentioned in one of the threads, they'll probably take out the charms from Event Boutique soon enough.

Oh and once the TW map gets down to a 1-2 faction dominance again on most servers, the QQ will be even more massive. Or the Medal of Glory sales will be more frequent.

Well better not tell them about the cost of random pigment and hyper sales then...as they will NEVER be cheaper then tokens/dq price.b:bye
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Zaphael - Heavens Tear
    Zaphael - Heavens Tear Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What kills me is that over a month ago...they were pretty much encouraging people to do this to get the medals!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12190652&postcount=16
    "there is a majority of people I can't here stand anymore. The skill level in TW has decreased dramatically. Frankly I am tired leading a TW of a bunch of idiots and morons. I outlasted my patience for them. I just can't waste anymore time here." ~Ehmi's leaving post.
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Is it me or did they made a small problem into a much bigger problem?

Yeah, it's looking that way atm...

I can understand them removing it due to a bug, but I'm not sure they fully thought it through. Seems like a better idea to just ban the idiots who did, then flat out say if one exploits it before it's fixed, one get's banned.

Not like they haven't done that before. >.>

Edit: *Looks at Zaphael's link* I see...
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why it all worked out in the wash

1. if you farm dq's alot of classes still used charm ticks.crab meat,herbs, etc. that is an expendable resource that must be replenshied with tokens, cash shop.

2.The Dq's farmers were purchasing lower lvl dq orbs to make there weapon and gear more viable for grinding. Being how they actually had to do some thing other then stare at there kitty.

3.Overall players were happy that actually had some thing to do making them much more likely to buy frivioulious junk like fashion/mounts/flyers.

So really by saving yourself a few bucks the dq farmers were capitalizing on you took them out, I believe that in the long run like everything else in this game you will find out you have made a mistake. The theory may look good but it will not be a reality when you look at the final profit figures.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why it all worked out in the wash

1. if you farm dq's alot of classes still used charm ticks.crab meat,herbs, etc. that is an expendable resource that must be replenshied with tokens, cash shop.

2.The Dq's farmers were purchasing lower lvl dq orbs to make there weapon and gear more viable for grinding. Being how they actually had to do some thing other then stare at there kitty.

3.Overall players were happy that actually had some thing to do making them much more likely to buy frivioulious junk like fashion/mounts/flyers.

So really by saving yourself a few bucks the dq farmers were capitalizing on you took them out, I believe that in the long run like everything else in this game you will find out you have made a mistake. The theory may look good but it will not be a reality when you look at the final profit figures.

Sorry forgot the most important part.

You will loose a lot of players that have just had it with this game.. your final sales figures are gonna be ugly.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So now instead of having power lvl'ed noobs running round we gonna have power lvl'ed noobs running round in NPC gear cuz they spent the tiny bit of coins they could make to power lvl b:pleasedb:bye
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So sale is on now, but only things showing on sale is super inventory stone and starter kit. Hmmm makes me wonder about them lying back when rep/chip sales were changed during special emergency
    maint, and why sale didn't come as usual before maint on east coast servers. You are some sneaky pricks PWI.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What kills me is that over a month ago...they were pretty much encouraging people to do this to get the medals!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12190652&postcount=16

So, basically verify the method of exploitation, say it's not a big problem, then remove item due to exploitation?b:angry
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The "exploit" frankie was talking about was the fact gold farmers could farm DQ's. what you need to remember was they nurfed DQ npc prices to stop people farming them, then brought out the system which ironicly put DQ items like 4x there value before the nurf, which obviously brought back the origonal problem of it being a key item for gold farmers.

As much as i see the problem i know they did this purely for more $$$, also guys you need to relalize the golden rule for threads hearing players opinions on matters like this. the gm has posted twice, there not coming back or even reading this thread so dont waste your time here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • iwarlordi
    iwarlordi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lol..it seems u guys don't know PWI yet. If there is no medal in dq rewards means people will stop at R8 and will not buy chips and rep badges from botique and that leads to low income to PWI. In short, removal of item was not to avoid any economy problem but to put medals in botique to increase overall PWI income. I say it was wise decision coz anyways devlopers put money to develop game so they should be aiming on that :). Well lets see when medals come in botique then :). I'm sure all r waiting for it.
  • Ryegard - Heavens Tear
    Ryegard - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Next time can you please add a tube of lube to the DQ reward page before you decide to bend us honest players over. Maybe it will be lil less painfull when I realize I just got robbed out of 70mill coins I payed for my DQ points to finish off my R9 set.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think frankie stopped paying attention.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
This discussion has been closed.