Who is the best Pker's in HT

Options

Comments

• Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Honestly people qqing over being pk'd is one of the most annoying things in this game.You dont wanna be pk'd stay out of pk mode stay out of the cube and stay out of any other pk enabled area. You go to them or go white name you deserve and your asking to be killed.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol @ the neuron part

I've been with HT a while now btw :P I can't give you the exact conversation, but it was not just "you used apoth", how could I interpret that as saying "your a cheat."?

"Haha cheat cant win without using apoth".

*Can remember being killed by Curse_ when I was PKing during my 5x* >_< I think he was pretty good also.

Obviously I can't analyze the exact conversation as I wasn't there, but Nubis is quite fond of apoth himself, and I find it EXTREMELY hard to visualize him complaining about someone else using it unless it was a duel, in which case even I think the use of apoth is waste. I am still dubious of your story. Nubis complaining about getting outnumbered? Likely. Nubis complaining about people hiding in SZ/running away from him? Likely. Nubis complaining about apoth? LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    Faisk - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i've seen a rank 9 (almost full with +10 vit stones) female psychic killing everyone with 1 hit O.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*insert something clever here*
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nubis has QQ'd about me using apoth on a number of occasions, and I've seen him do it to other people too.
    He also has a reputation for ticketing people who break the rules of the game, i.e. cheating.

I don't remember seeing nubis ever equate using apoth to cheating, but considering some of the other things he has said it seems quite believable doesn't it?
    He might be your in game husband and all Aesth, and thats fine sticking up for him, but I find it hard to believe that you really think there are statements that are too dumb for him.
    I love drinking tea
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nubis has QQ'd about me using apoth on a number of occasions, and I've seen him do it to other people too.
    He also has a reputation for ticketing people who break the rules of the game, i.e. cheating.

I don't remember seeing nubis ever equate using apoth to cheating, but considering some of the other things he has said it seems quite believable doesn't it?
    He might be your in game husband and all Aesth, and thats fine sticking up for him, but I find it hard to believe that you really think there are statements that are too dumb for him.

Fair enough.

Though I wasn't sticking up for him per se. I don't stick up for people I think can stick up for themselves. Even if we were enemies I would have said the same thing (and those of you in Enrage who remember when we ripped apart Enrage forums know that I would) because I just think it's stupid to spread silly stories, and credit is due whether you like the person or not.

As much as I like to troll I prefer to see the good in people, which is the reason I had and have many friends who don't get along with each other and disliked by most of Enrage (Crystabella and even Rawthorne being just a few examples of those names). Fortunately for me my friends are okay with that as long as I don't make them party with each other :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mystic only lures noobs out of safezone and killfarm them with nix.. I think Sadpuma was one of the better PK venos, but most venos in general used the nix to kill stuff back in the days, now its all about R9.. you got high refined R9 gear and you own most people..

Um, sort of an ego stroke here, but I was one of the veno's who knew how to fight without a nix. Just because I had a nix doesn't mean I was a *nix kill veno*. I thought mostly anyone without a nix when asked. I've consistently killed some of the most feared people on the server without one, i.e Antigone, Momento etc. I've 1v1ed sadpuma before with and without nixes, and if memory serves correct, I won the majority of the fights. Yes, puma was one of the best veno's no doubt.

People always used to QQ to me that I only kill them because I had a nix, and when I would ask them to 1v1 without using one, they mostly said *pfft no you'll just pull it out halfway in the fight*, which is clearly a sign that they're scared of me no matter what, since that's a lame excuse. Most others who accepted my offer, died afterwards.

If you were one of the people watching me PK a lot back then, you would know that I rarely kill low levels. Only when they are like..noob BM's trying to stun me (could cause a problem) or when they are QQing about something so I poke them.

Sorry to correct your statement. b:surrender
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why do you keep changing your posting account? @_@

You totally lured me out of SZ with those ice cubes D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • BankofEnrage - Heavens Tear
    BankofEnrage - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Because it confuses people who are new here, and it amuses me b:chuckle

Yea, I lured you with ice cubes but I can't PK people in my shower now can I b:shutup
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wtf b:angryb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Um, sort of an ego stroke here, but I was one of the veno's who knew how to fight without a nix. Just because I had a nix doesn't mean I was a *nix kill veno*. I thought mostly anyone without a nix when asked. I've consistently killed some of the most feared people on the server without one, i.e Antigone, Momento etc. I've 1v1ed sadpuma before with and without nixes, and if memory serves correct, I won the majority of the fights. Yes, puma was one of the best veno's no doubt.

People always used to QQ to me that I only kill them because I had a nix, and when I would ask them to 1v1 without using one, they mostly said *pfft no you'll just pull it out halfway in the fight*, which is clearly a sign that they're scared of me no matter what, since that's a lame excuse. Most others who accepted my offer, died afterwards.

If you were one of the people watching me PK a lot back then, you would know that I rarely kill low levels. Only when they are like..noob BM's trying to stun me (could cause a problem) or when they are QQing about something so I poke them.

Sorry to correct your statement. b:surrender

But, if you tell everone how good you are, doesnt that feel more ego? I think that reputation is earned by how others concider you as a player, not how you concider yourself a player.. Sometimes even people see me as a good player even though im not pro in any way, yeah I do use my keyboard for skills and not the mouse, and I do switch between skillbars to be more effective and makes it easier for me to play.. But im still not an epic player that dont do anything else then try to be the best in a game.. I rather perfect my real life interest and hobbies then how I am as a player..

I know you did fight a lot without a nix, so did I cause it felt more fair. Around that time when a nix could **** anyone without doing anything, now its not like that anymore.. Mainly why you rolled a Wizard and I rolled a Psychic? b:chuckle Im sorry I hurt your feelings by saying you are not the best PvPer even though your kill count is high. Its just the way ive seen you trough the years.. What others think is their opinion. Even though Michael Jackson was a great artist doesnt mean that everyone likes his work.

I think what today makes a good PvPer is a not what they do only alone, but how good they are to support faction members in mass PvP like TW and so on. If you are good at assisting and help your faction/squad members survive + that yourself can survive by being good at timing when using your genie skills, pots etc will make you at good PvP. I never use any pots exept mp and hp for PK, its a waste of money, all my gear and fashion etc I wear in pk is bound so I dont care about getting killed, so dont feel like wasting too much money on PK, in TW I use spark pots, ironguard etc. Im a squishy fish that wants to assist and try and aoe crowds of people together with my squad to kill more effectively.. No matter how good you are 1 vs 1, if you cant assist in TW it makes a person useless, 1 vs 1 fights are just for the fun, but not really how things usually work out.

Its impossible to tell whos good or not sometimes when so many people got insane gear, but sometimes you can tell if a person can play its character by building their char good, get their genie good and optimize the characters potential to the max. Also if you always just use mouse to click on skill it will be hard in the heat of battle cause the timing and miscllicks can often happen. Also I think its harder for people outside of America to be good in PK mainly cause of the latency. Im european and rarely got anything lower then 300 ms, and when its crowded it usually goes up to 500-600 ms and then you know you are a lot behind on your screen compared to whats happening. Try and play Counter Strike with 500-600 ms ping and you will surely lose, even though you cant really compared a first person shooter with a mmorpg. It still makes it more difficult.

Impossible to tell who is best, but I think its all about how you do it with your squad, what you contribute to make them and yourself effective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Agreed about the squad work thing, but we're talking about PK (I thought). Anyone who tries to solo in a TW (when not supposed to) will surely get slapped by me b:chuckle

It doesn't bother me much how people view me as a PK'er. I viewed myself as someone who knew what they were doing and I will any day, consider myself as a very strong PK'er. People who have PK'ed by my side throughout the years, and people I have fought against on a regular basis will know how strong I am. If people don't think I am, so be it. You can't have everyone like something due to set standards and opinions by people. The fact that I feel I excelled in PK is enough for me, since it should not matter what others think of you too much. Anyone who agrees with me is a bonus.

You didn't upset me O.o, but I am allowed to defend myself (when I want) and give my opinion, especially when it's towards me.

I made a wizard because fimmel had started one a few days prior, and when he mentioned it to me, I decided to make one and we could level together. I wanted to make a wiz since hm..around the time level 70 was *pro* which is over 2 years now, so it gave me the extra push to level a wiz since I always enjoyed watching them play. Making this wizard was likely the best choice I made in PWI, if not infront, behind joining Enrage.

I miss PK'ing on my veno, and sometimes have an urge to go white name for old times sake. However, my veno is terribly under geared now and all these sins running around will..well you know.

Also, you were if anything, at least a decent veno in pk/tw. I haven't been able to see you PvP enough to make a real comment on you, but I know you at least know what you are doing. Same goes for your psychic. I don't like making opinions of people's personalities/playstyles unless I have seen things first hand. Unless I'm trolling of course b:surrender
  • Garrand - Heavens Tear
    Garrand - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i chose mystic mainly because, at the time i first began to get involved in TW/PK, he was hardly the best geared TWer. sure, he had +7 tt90, but honestly around that time there were countless others with significantly better gear. plus, i pwned any number of other venos and DDs with better gear in those days >.>

u probs dont know this mystic.... but i'd often use ur play style as an example on guild forums when discussing effective PK/TW play. despite targetting u with a rage in pk/tw lol.

the main reasons mystic was good? effectively uses apoth. effectively kites. uses the right ability combos+general fighting skill.

the number of times i've seen better geared idiots qq at mystic after they engage, and mystic broke off when it got dangerous, to then get ninja'd 15 seconds later while they were typing a load of idiot-qq-speak onto general chat.

thats a good pker. its not like he even used the sz when retreating, u could follow up after he broke off, its just a lot of pkers couldn't be bothered (and died because they dont know how to deal with kiting).

imo, all that matters in pk is that u kill others, stop others from killing u, and dont camp sz. ANYTHING else is fair game. dont like it? dont pk then u softies.
  • Dirkra - Heavens Tear
    Dirkra - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well best pker huh do u mean spending 3 months pay o nthe game or actual real pker's that have been pking for 50+ lvls?
  • Garrand - Heavens Tear
    Garrand - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    not sure who ur comments aimed at dirka :o

but a lot of the ppl posting here have been pking for 50+lvls. exe, mystic, kiyoshi, the list goes on... all pkers right back to the very earliest times it began on HT.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well best pker huh do u mean spending 3 months pay o nthe game or actual real pker's that have been pking for 50+ lvls?

you arent going to be considered among the best if you roll a PK-easy mode character. The best sins now server as guards against the fails who want to think they are good because the double spark, stun out of stealth, and auto attack, and generally just serve as an annoyance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    All sins are trolls, IJS!

Applies in-game as well, and requires very little skill. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Assassinal - Heavens Tear
    Assassinal - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I heard that _Surreal_ is pretty epic!

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggy by Silvychar.
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    you arent going to be considered among the best if you roll a PK-easy mode character. The best sins now server as guards against the fails who want to think they are good because the double spark, stun out of stealth, and auto attack, and generally just serve as an annoyance.

Agreed, as soon as you roll a sin you give up your right to ever be considered a good pker.

As far as I'm concerned with pk, I dont care about 1v1 at all, its a very different kettle of fish to group pk/TW etc and is too heavily swayed by class differences. There are even some players who I know are very good 1v1 pk'ers who I dont have much respect for overall as they seem out of their depth when the real sh't is hitting the fan. There are others who are the opposite too.
    I love drinking tea
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I would like to consider myself a decent PKer, on either my wizard or cleric, but my problem is my gear is lacking due to being F2P and being new to the merchanting scene.

That, and I never have a consistent latency. It's rarely under 350, and that severely affects skills and timing.
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm a fail PKer. I know all about me is gear and no skill, but I live with it....

Well, now... for real. I don't give a damn about being the best or being fail. I don't consider myself either of them. I know I have good gear but I also know I did a lot of PK even when I didn't and I didn't do bad at all. I just play and PK for fun. I kill people (which happens most of the time), it's cool. I get killed, it's cool too. Unlike some people there's no need naming who think PK is serious business, I do it just for the luls. Anyway, were I so fail people wouldn't want to play with me at all even with the gear I have. Take "norberto" (U know who I'm talking about) as an example. I wouldn't squad with him for PK even if I was alone out there... I did it a couple times and I regretted it. People who would rather see you die while flying to sz than helping you and running the risk of dying aren't worth playing with. And everyone who squads with me does it because they know I'll rather get myself killed while trying to tank 5 r9's at the same time than getting them killed. PK now is about collaboration and team play. 1vs1's are not what they used to be. Calling someone fail because you managed to kill them in a 1vs1 doesn't mean anything since it's all relative: who had more genie stamina to avoid the attack, who had apoth or what apoth u had, who 3 sparked, who didn't, blah blah blah. I can't help but loling at people who start mouthing off someone out of a 1vs1 and when it gets to team play they run away or fly up high... like beating someone in a 1vs1 in a game will make u a better person... who knows.

There are a lot of people to PK with and against who are really fun, respectful and worth wasting time trying to win. Naming some of them, mostly, "opponents" I can say Scrubby (we see each other and we PM "fight?" and we LOL at it... I dont know how he feels about me but he's respectful at least). I kill him, he kills me, we even double KO'd the other day and it was all in good fun. Alpha and Sano are a difficult couple to fight against... mostly when they duo me >_> but I still have fun cause it's a challenge to try and take them both (Dont know if I managed to do it yet... tho' I know I've killed Sano and then got killed by Alpha a lot xD), sliverberg's demon spark is a ****... he's one of the only people to have managed to kill me that fast (along with KT's demon spark). If Brandonsan didn't have such a big mouth it'd be fun playing against him also... but you know he'll always have something to say either after he gets killed or he kills so it makes it boring... but still, leaving that aside, I like fighting him... I never know when he'll land a crit arma on me and one shot me or when he'll get one shot by me... still it's fun. There aint really other people I find it fun fighting against. Some either die too fast or they do manage to live and kill me but then you have to endure an hour of mouthing as if killing Gorgonnia makes them win the game... I sometimes feel like I'm the final boss and killing me makes them get the final prize... xD And of course, if they mouth me off, I answer... and so drama bomb explodes :P When it comes to Mystic, I think he's a great PKer but I liked him more as a veno than a wizard, just my personal appreciation.

All in all, PK and PVP are now related to team work... if you can't know and achieve your role in your squad then that's when you're not a good PKer.
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ROFL @ norberto b:laugh I really want to know who that is now. There are a few people I can think of that act like that.

edit: you wouldn't be "inventing" this story would you? b:chuckle
    I love drinking tea
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ROFL @ norberto b:laugh I really want to know who that is now. There are a few people I can think of that act like that.

edit: you wouldn't be "inventing" this story would you? b:chuckle

How would I "invent" such a ROTteN EVil Naughty EELL story like that! Never would I!
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

well... there is a problem in your post. 3 months of your pay or 1 day of my pay? see the problem?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well... there is a problem in your post. 3 months of your pay or 1 day of my pay? see the problem?

1 day of your pay or 1 hour of my pay? see the problem?
    b:chuckle

is it time to brag about money money now? :O
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    1 day of your pay or 1 hour of my pay? see the problem?
    b:chuckle

is it time to brag about money money now? :O

why shouldn't we brag about money... it seems like we are bragging about everything else. i bought all my gears with (a bit less then) 1 day worth of my real life pay. anyone can do better... good for them. god knows i won't spend anything near 3 months of pay silly game. after all... i got drinks to buy.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've cash shopped around 1/25th of what I earnt on my best ever day, and around triple my hourly average during my peak earnings. I'm sure noone has any idea what that is though, so I guess this is meaningless :)
    I love drinking tea
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've cash shopped around 1/25th of what I earnt on my best ever day, and around triple my hourly average during my peak earnings. I'm sure noone has any idea what that is though, so I guess this is meaningless :)

Indeed...

now why is this thread is about how much we earn instead of PK stuff? b:pleased
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options

now why is this thread is about how much we earn instead of PK stuff? b:pleased

Cause you need 3 months of pay worth of gears to be good at pk. so in conclusion... none of you spent enough and hence sucks at pk.

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Honesty does donkey shows for bachelor parties for $350, so she bought all her gear with about 4 hours of work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Honesty does donkey shows for bachelor parties for $350, so she bought all her gear with about 4 hours of work.

hehe..yeah I remember that party.. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.