Unofficial Guide to the Earthguard

Comments

• Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ...and the more I hear about mystics, the more interested I'm becoming b:chuckle
    As I've said somewhere else, some time ago - the mysties that'll be played like venos will be fail mysties. This class is (ok, maybe just 'almost') competely different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • obliviondemon
    obliviondemon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    and thats the error i get when i try to update the game with the manual patch :( and when i press ok the client close

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3071/1111dq.png

b:surrender
  • Mini_Sausage - Dreamweaver
    Mini_Sausage - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    and thats the error i get when i try to update the game with the manual patch :( and when i press ok the client close

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3071/1111dq.png

b:surrender

need to rename the folder where game is installed. such as Perfect World Chine.

and the way should be approximately the C: \ Program Files \ Perfect World China or C: \ Perfect World Chine.

Folder with the game should be named in English
  • yan00
    yan00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    how comes all the seekers seen so far use only single sword? y dont they use Dual instead? since they cast skills all the time speed will be the time but alot stronger!

dont tell me they can only use single o.o
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because it look nice?

Since the skills said "weapon: Blade and Sword" that should mean both single and dual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    yan00 wrote: »
    how comes all the seekers seen so far use only single sword? y dont they use Dual instead? since they cast skills all the time speed will be the time but alot stronger!

dont tell me they can only use single o.o

duals on a seeker look unattractive imo
    Retired b:bye
  • obliviondemon
    edited January 2011
    hi :)

so if i added more points in vit will the summon get more hp ? also if i used a heavy armor will the summon get def ?
    and what are the things that will effect the summon hp ?
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Yes, caster's stats do affect the summon. But if you going for HA and vit that mean the summon will got high def but lower damage. It isn't effective since you need mag for healing and skills. You can't rely on the summon too much since its unlike veno, summon's skill cost your own mp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think HA/LA can work for Mystic, but I think it'll be due to 碧波护体 which raises the mystic's pdef rather than what the summons get out of HA/LA. Kinda like a Mystic that can use pdef/mdef+healing to solo almost anything and use the summon as a disposable damage dealer. I don't know for sure if it'd work though.

Summons are affected by refines. I don't know if they get bonuses from non-pdef/mdef forms of defense or if they would get pdef from garnets, etc.

Arcane Vit would probably be the wisest choice for a defensive build. Vit is easy to cap at a certain level, and it can have quite a few points in Mag as well.
  • obliviondemon
    edited January 2011
    umm so whats the best build for mystic for soloing ?

i use pure magic build ( 9mag 1str ) for my mystic and i can solo soo well :)

i will post a image for my pure magic build mystic and see :)
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    At this point, likely Arcane with Vit to taste. Pure Mag is fine, all spare points for Vit is also fine. It's just what balance someone wants for their Mystic.

I do think HA/LA is viable, but I think damage will become an issue for them.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    I think HA/LA can work for Mystic, but I think it'll be due to 碧波护体 which raises the mystic's pdef rather than what the summons get out of HA/LA. Kinda like a Mystic that can use pdef/mdef+healing to solo almost anything and use the summon as a disposable damage dealer. I don't know for sure if it'd work though.

Summons are affected by refines. I don't know if they get bonuses from non-pdef/mdef forms of defense or if they would get pdef from garnets, etc.

Arcane Vit would probably be the wisest choice for a defensive build. Vit is easy to cap at a certain level, and it can have quite a few points in Mag as well.

Summon's damage is quite low already...And their def is very low. If you go HA that mean focus on phy def not mag def. Summon got really high hp but low def. And don't forget the mp drain Mystic got. More mp will give more mp regen out of combat while resting. Should able to save some pot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    And don't forget the mp drain Mystic got. More mp will give more mp regen out of combat while resting. Should able to save some pot.

What mp drain? First time I've seen mention of that. o.O It's not on the skill list you posted.

Edit: Wait, nvm, you mean the one for summons.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Oh sorry for misleading. Mystic's skilsl cast a lot of mp. They will use up a a lot of mp pot at higher lvl when the summon's damage getting lower compare to the mob's hp. Mystic only got 6 attack skill. A 2sparks skill, a 5seconds cast phy damage skill, a AoE, a knockback, a wood DoT, and a basic wood damage skill. Throw the spark skill and the 5seconds skill away you get only 4 skills. AoE will get mobs to attack you and throw that away too. So you end up with 3 skills. The knockback one do good damage but the 12m knockback is fixed. DoT won't be too useful. And the basic wood skill is just like archer's quick shot, do a little damage. But it give speacial slow effect.

Other skills a mystic got are summon and heal. Plant summon and spirit summon. It's going to drain mystic's mp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Oh sorry for misleading.

Lol. No, it's ok. I was distracted at the time I wrote that. I read it as 2+1, not 2+2.
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the info!b:victory
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Oh sorry for misleading. Mystic's skilsl cast a lot of mp. They will use up a a lot of mp pot at higher lvl when the summon's damage getting lower compare to the mob's hp. Mystic only got 6 attack skill. A 2sparks skill, a 5seconds cast phy damage skill, a AoE, a knockback, a wood DoT, and a basic wood damage skill. Throw the spark skill and the 5seconds skill away you get only 4 skills. AoE will get mobs to attack you and throw that away too. So you end up with 3 skills. The knockback one do good damage but the 12m knockback is fixed. DoT won't be too useful. And the basic wood skill is just like archer's quick shot, do a little damage. But it give speacial slow effect.

Other skills a mystic got are summon and heal. Plant summon and spirit summon. It's going to drain mystic's mp.

So your saying mystic wont have many good skills. Do you think they will get better as we lvl? I mean anyone heard from people 59+ if Mystic gets weaker? I'm going make a mystic still just want to know so I can be ready..
  • SellynZaali - Harshlands
    SellynZaali - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Can't wait to try this new class. Don't know if they gonna be very effective but one sure thing is that I love how they look.
  • JohnnyCage - Dreamweaver
    JohnnyCage - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    nice description man...this is gonna help ppl to build their new chars...good luck and see u in game...ahoy!!!
  • obliviondemon
    edited January 2011
    i was able to solo my bh19 boss b:victory but ended up burning the last 5k of my mana charm b:sad but as long as i can solo bosses like that i dont care about my mana :P i will just buy pots and thats all :)

here is a pic of the boss :

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3852/20110117144553.jpg
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    So your saying mystic wont have many good skills. Do you think they will get better as we lvl? I mean anyone heard from people 59+ if Mystic gets weaker? I'm going make a mystic still just want to know so I can be ready..

I think they'll end up being pretty potent in the right hands. Mystics will probably love channel and +mp recovery gear.

SomebodyTwo posted a vid of the mystic skills up to lv40. In it, she had a lv7 pet heal. Venos gets theirs at lv63. I think it's not that a mystic gets weaker; it's that everyone else catches up.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011

They are not weak, but they just need more mp compare to other classes if they want to deal more damage. Just to let the people who want to create a mystic to prepare for their mp cost. The mp cost it so high that people from CN version QQ about mp cost more than 3 times a day when mystic first release, a lot of people quite mystic due to that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    In short, memorize the recipe for Focus Powder or stock up on it. It'll help alot at low levels. o.o
  • obliviondemon
    edited January 2011
    the mana isent really a big problem , also most of the time i make my summon kill the mobes alone and i use the 5 sec skill witch dosent use alot of mb

and with refining your stuff you can make your summon alot stronger
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    the mana isent really a big problem , also most of the time i make my summon kill the mobes alone and i use the 5 sec skill witch dosent use alot of mb

I doubt mp issues are all that worse compared to the mage classes we got now.

Lv7 pet heal costs 191 mp. (Saw it in SomebodyTwo's skill video.) The pet heal veno's get at lv4x is lv4-5 and costs 35-45 mp. Lv7 veno pet heal is 65. It's quite a difference. Mystic's Lv7 heal recovers at least as much as a Lv7 Veno so it's not all bad. Mystic pet heal is faster too. Mystics may be able to handle some bosses sooner because of it, but veno does catch up.
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011

please explain how? is their attack or def based on refinement level or base magic attack?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    please explain how? is their attack or def based on refinement level or base magic attack?

Your summon's HP is based off your HP.
    You get HP from refining armor.
    Therefore refining gives your pet more HP.

Your summon's defenses are based off your defenses.
    You get more defenses from refining ornaments.
    Therefore refining gives your pet more defense.

Your summon's attack is based off your magic attack.
    You get more magic attack from refining your weapon.
    Therefore refining gives your pet more attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ^ Simply saying your pet gets stronger as you you get stronger. :x Tome and Bless Box fwd as well.
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • SandraPlease - Sanctuary
    SandraPlease - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mooy has been known to tell untrue things about the expansion already. I wouldnt believe anything he said. The MP need might be true but since Mooy is the only one saying it is that bad and he isnt actually playing i take the words of those actually playing as more accurate.

It is probably your playing style that determines the MP cost. If you waste a lot of mana and want to do every skill you can all the time then i assume costs will get high. If you learn to play more restrictive it will probably never become a big problem. Not more than any other race.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mooy has been known to tell untrue things about the expansion already. I wouldnt believe anything he said. The MP need might be true but since Mooy is the only one saying it is that bad and he isnt actually playing i take the words of those actually playing as more accurate.

It is probably your playing style that determines the MP cost. If you waste a lot of mana and want to do every skill you can all the time then i assume costs will get high. If you learn to play more restrictive it will probably never become a big problem. Not more than any other race.

For example, the 5s spell doesn't cost all too much MP. And the basic wood spell is nice and fast, and has the added bonus of amping (either 2x, or darn close) the 5s spell. So alternating between those (when you're not placing plant traps or healing) would probably be pretty nice for long boss fights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]