Unofficial Guide to the Earthguard

Comments

• Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PWE has no creativity whatsoever, they can only base characters on already released classes.

Mystics are just a Venomancer copy. They get pets and the same main wood element. Oh look, their pets get to auto-level too.

First my Archer gets replaced by Assassins, and now my Venomancer will be replaced by Mystics.

My exact thoughts.... Now it's gunna be impossible to get into squads, unless your herc'd.... and then you're still gunna get replaced- :o Unless they increase squads to 8 :P.

But I think this thread's great b:pleased gives a good heads up on the Earthguard, and i think it'll solve a lot of questions before they pop up :D
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    xmuzik wrote: »
    what the...wtf is that lol, even a barb couldnt do that...and what is that spinning skill? when you said "tanking the boss and all the mobs" I thought there was gonna be a little more action than that, oh well...I really hoped to see some cool 80+ seeker skills...yeah Ill still be a mystic too, but this video is really something to think about, I almost feel like its somehow fake couse that just doesnt look possible...so is the seeker a good tank like the barb or more like a good DD like a BM? couse first I thought hes gonna be a less squishy DD, but now Im not sure...

Remember, there was a cleric healing the seeker. b:mischievous

This video really didn't change my expectations much. A good axe BM would probably be a able to do something similar in the same level range. That continuous AoE looks interesting though...

Still, I think seekers are going to be a BM-type DD class, just maybe with more AoE skills. I don't think I'm going to devote my time to either of these classes...I like my barb too much. b:victory
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Also FYI you can see the continuous AoE skill the seeker is using here at 1:40
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    b:cute

So many lovely infos/vids keep them coming-I'd be have eyegasms lol.

Will be patiently waiting for a vid on later game Mystic and seeker :3
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • xmuzik
    xmuzik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Remember, there was a cleric healing the seeker. b:mischievous

This video really didn't change my expectations much. A good axe BM would probably be a able to do something similar in the same level range. That continuous AoE looks interesting though...

Still, I think seekers are going to be a BM-type DD class, just maybe with more AoE skills. I don't think I'm going to devote my time to either of these classes...I like my barb too much. b:victory

I know there was a cleric, still is much more than I expected. a BM doing something simular...dont think so, would be really surprised to see a BM tank like that.

the venos will not be replaced Im sure, even non-herced venos will be stronger than mystics, atleast thats what I think lol. got a main veno and Im not really botherd or scared that Im gonna get replaced. clerics wont be replaced either, I think PW will make it riiiight between the two, so it has the power of both veno and cleric, but not to the full extent (simularily to how a BM can tank, but not to the a barbs extent)

oh yeah your right, that continuos AoE is in that video...could have said it is continuous in the video, thats pretty important in a skill.

I wonder if the seeker takes a lot of aggro...or the mystic...couse from TB expansion both sins and psychics take too much aggro and then die, I hate having either of them on a squad...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    My polearm vit-build 7x BM (not sure exactly what level she was at the time) tanked the boss and numerous elite mobs with a cleric healing, so not that surprising for an 80+ seeker to be able to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited January 2011
    [Mystic vs. cleric and veno]
    I agree that veno's are definitely stronger than mystics due to their pet variety so far based on what I've seen, and they certainly wont be replacing clerics, but they do have unique abilities that might make them more appealing. for example their trap summons are full aoes which means they can debuf big groups of enemies easily. Second they can be male as opposed to venos being only female.
    Third they have access to more debuffs than any other class.

So ultimately i think that they will be stronger than other classes IN CERTAIN AREAS but otherwise fairly balanced.
    oh yeah your right, that continuos AoE is in that video...could have said it is continuous in the video, thats pretty important in a skill.
    If you look closely at the channeling bar it changes from blue (channeling) to orange (showing how much mp you have left before the skill stops) but its very brief.
    I wonder if the seeker takes a lot of aggro...or the mystic...couse from TB expansion both sins and psychics take too much aggro and then die, I hate having either of them on a squad...

Well the mystic is like the venos, and the seeker is like the barb/bm so I would say no.
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Shameless Bump
    Second they can be male as opposed to venos being only female.

People keep saying that the male mystic pose looks funny. b:surrender

I hope I'll be able to live with it. Hoping they get some decent emotes too.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I have yet to see a male mystic on YouTube outside of the dance videos. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
    edited January 2011
    Shameless Bump

Thank you lol I didn't want to double post.
    EDIT: Speaking of which, I have yet to see a male mystic on YouTube outside of the dance videos. D:

!!

Here you go. b:laugh
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011

o-o They stand like venos.

It's not really as bad as people have said though, imo. Thanks. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystic can be strong if they give the pet mp, which is why its mp burning, the summon is weak without using skill. Damage is near veno pet, the best thing about summon is the hp. Summon get lower defense compare to pet but summon get higher hp. Summon's stats also affect by caster's stats.

And yeah lol, Mystic can be male while Veno is only female.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Summon's stats also affect by caster's stats.

Wait, what do you mean by that? o.o

Like, will the summons do more damage if they refine their weapon? And have more defense if I get better armor?

If so, that's just...b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
    edited January 2011
    Wait, what do you mean by that? o.o

Like, will the summons do more damage if they refine their weapon? And have more defense if I get better armor?

If so, that's just...b:shocked

Hm I know its stats improve when it levels up and when you level the skill but I haven't seen any other change. Although I suppose I might have missed something though lol it IS in Chinese after all lol b:surrender
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Main reason the seeker in that video can tank all those mobs is because his defense level buff. Its like he has a permanent defense level Jones blessing. Imagine sharding full DoDs in your equips, then adding a bit more, and not having to use sockets. The seeker is gonna have trouble of course doing major damage, but this buff is gonna save their butts in PvP and most likely stop them from being a one shot by anyone. Think of a buffed Seeker with gear full +2 def level shards and the HP of heavy armor refines, that can not only use physical attacks but use magic too, with debuffs. 78 def level anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Main reason the seeker in that video can tank all those mobs is because his defense level buff. Its like he has a permanent defense level Jones blessing. Imagine sharding full DoDs in your equips, then adding a bit more, and not having to use sockets. The seeker is gonna have trouble of course doing major damage, but this buff is gonna save their butts in PvP and most likely stop them from being a one shot by anyone. Think of a buffed Seeker with gear full +2 def level shards and the HP of heavy armor refines, that can not only use physical attacks but use magic too, with debuffs. 78 def level anyone?

i so cant w8 to try them both but i think ill try seeker first and prob play it moreb:dirty
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hi all b:cute
    Any tips alraedy on how to distribute statpoints? Only played a veno so far but want to try out the seeker when they come out. Know they're heavy armor users but well besides that what you think to do with str hp and dex?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    You have 4 options.

5 strength, 3 dexterity, 2 vitality = High HP, Good damage, Good Accuracy. (my build)

5 strength, 4 dexterity, 1 vitality = Ok HP, Good damage, Great accuracy.

6 strength, 4 dexterity = Low HP, Better damage, Great accuracy (not a good idea)

5 strength, 5 dexterity = Low HP, Good damage, High accuracy. (not a good idea either)

Honestly 1 and 2 are the only real options but you have to have 3 dexterity no matter what. 5 strength is recommended for heavy armor, but only 4 is required for a sword, and you can use light armor too, you'll just be crazy squishy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You have 4 options.

5 strength, 3 dexterity, 2 vitality = High HP, Good damage, Good Accuracy. (my build)

6 strength, 4 dexterity = Low HP, Better damage, Great accuracy (not a good idea)

5 strength, 5 dexterity = Low HP, Good damage, High accuracy. (not a good idea either)

Honestly 1 and 2 are the only real options but you have to have 3 dexterity no matter what. 5 strength is recommended for heavy armor, but only 4 is required for a sword, and you can use light armor too, you'll just be crazy squishy.

Tyvm for your fast reply b:thanks Gonna write it down and start asap when they come out :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You have 4 options.

Why did you not also list

6 strength, 3 dexterity, 1 vitality

or

7 strength, 3 dexterity

You know, the DD builds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Tyvm for your fast reply b:thanks Gonna write it down and start asap when they come out :D

Start stocking up on your swords before everyone else figures it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hugoredbone
    hugoredbone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

or

7 strength, 3 dexterity

You know, the DD builds

I think it all depends on how many hp you get per vit point.

If it is 15-17 it would be worth the above investment.

If it is 10 then there's no point in putting any in it.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011

or

7 strength, 3 dexterity

You know, the DD builds

Honestly didn't think of it, 5 strength 3 dexterity and 2 vitality is pretty much the "it" build. Hybrids are hybrids and i can't think of all of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    I think it all depends on how many hp you get per vit point.

If it is 15-17 it would be worth the above investment.

If it is 10 then there's no point in putting any in it.

you get 15.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I could see that. I only mentioned them is because from what I've seen Seekers seem to be a DD/buffer class (unless they've got agro skills I've not seen) so I was thinking max damage output and hp from refines.

But I'll see when they come out :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I could see that. I only mentioned them is because from what I've seen Seekers seem to be a DD/buffer class (unless they've got agro skills I've not seen) so I was thinking max damage output and hp from refines.

But I'll see when they come out :P

Well to be perfectly honest without that vitality you won't make it past the EG starter area. Every mob has both a magic and Phys attack. It's really very annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Well to be perfectly honest without that vitality you won't make it past the EG starter area. Every mob has both a magic and Phys attack. It's really very annoying.

Don't forget that many of the mobs are ranged as well lol (Seeker = b:surrender, Mystic = b:victory )
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Don't forget that many of the mobs are ranged as well lol (Seeker = b:surrender, Mystic = b:victory )

I guess they were trying to make things fair for the mystic, but the mystic has a physical tank pet, so it really doesn't make sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hugoredbone
    hugoredbone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    you get 15.

Do you know how many hp/mp you get naturally per level?

I've been trying to find that out.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Do you know how many hp/mp you get naturally per level?

I've been trying to find that out.

same as BM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xmuzik
    xmuzik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You have 4 options.

so Im guessing that mystics build themselfs just like a veno? all in mag, in str only as much as you need for the weapons and throw something occasionaly in vit?