Idea to help improve the APS problem.

Options

Comments

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    /facepalm

So wizards only good for DB??? Do you even know what force of will is? Or even kiting?

Honestly, I play wiz much easier than on archer. I only die very few still as archer (Not used to DD builds...) , but it works out fine. As for PVP as an archer is not as hard as trying to solo undead army. Infact, wasn't hard either.

In PVP I have almost beat the "overpowered" classes with the "underpowered class" I do not even think wizards at lvl59+ are the other way around, OP 59 skill would just kill anyone in 6 seconds. Oh wait, there is genie with absolute domain... Which hurts everyone, not just wiz... Damn things

If you have not followed this thread completely as to what ive said in my earlier posts you wouldnt be saying that.

PvP end game wizzies OWN, if they got good gears, PvE end game they do good damage yeah but they cant match 5aps, follow the thread properly before you post >.>
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Is it just OP because you can't figure out how to level past 49?

Hey... psst... hey Yulk... guess what?

GENIES!! LOL

I herd u liek genies.

(umad)

1. Its called grinding, I have made like 14 32+/40 genies and sold them for 600-800k each and lvled them all with, you guessed it, exp. I play the game, unlike you. mr.insertsQQhere. Go back to your cave or the teletubbies game or something. Also I have a 48/50 genie on my alt wiz. Fail more mr.gameisdead.

2. Also I have main I am lvling? I have like 6 51+ characters, all grind/quest. Not do shortcuts like you. Again, go back to your cave b:bye mr.QQ.
    If you have not followed this thread completely as to what ive said in my earlier posts you wouldnt be saying that.

PvP end game wizzies OWN, if they got good gears, PvE end game they do good damage yeah but they cant match 5aps, follow the thread properly before you post >.>

I could of swore you said wizzies are weak, now you say endgame wizards own if they have good gears? Also 5aps is broken on bms / sins. It is funny, how come I do fine in duels with my 5x wiz with mediocre gear? b:cute But I laugh at 5aps demon archers when I took out half their HP. Idiots going demon nowadays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    1. Its called grinding, I have made like 14 32+/40 genies and sold them for 600-800k each and lvled them all with, you guessed it, exp. I play the game, unlike you. mr.insertsQQhere. Go back to your cave or the teletubbies game or something. Also I have a 48/50 genie on my alt wiz. Fail more mr.gameisdead.

Insults got you banned last time, I don't think you're going to be unbanned for long.
    I could of swore you said wizzies are weak, now you say endgame wizards own if they have good gears? Also 5aps is broken on bms / sins. It is funny, how come I do fine in duels with my 5x wiz with mediocre gear? b:cute But I laugh at 5aps demon archers when I took out half their HP. Idiots going demon nowadays.

Chill, man. It's not like that kind of a talk is going to help anything. Especially when sage archer buffs don't even help you survive any longer vs. magic classes. How about checking your facts first. b:cute Unless those two red parts had nothing to do with demon being easier to kill.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    why is he unbanned?
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

2. Also I have main I am lvling? I have like 6 51+ characters, all grind/quest. Not do shortcuts like you. Again, go back to your cave b:bye mr.QQ.

If you'd actually get to a decent level, you could make that kind of money in an hour or so of work. You don't play the game. You call grinding genies playing the game? Have you ever done a Rebirth Delta? Have you unlocked all of the past maps? Been to Old TT? Did a Nirvana run?

If you want to call being stuck at a dismally low level, calling anything about level 49 "overpowered" playing the game, then by all means have at it, because you're not playing the game that the rest of us are.

Also, a 48/50 genie isn't worth much. It's not even that special. There is so much room for it to go wrong at higher levels. Try getting a 8X/100 genie like me, then start talking about good genies.

Also:

There is not a single level 5X anything, least of all you, taking a demon archer down to half HP. BS some more, you've never done PK.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Insults got you banned last time, I don't think you're going to be unbanned for long.

Chill, man. It's not like that kind of a talk is going to help anything. Especially when sage archer buffs don't even help you survive any longer vs. magic classes. How about checking your facts first. b:cute Unless those two red parts had nothing to do with demon being easier to kill.

DW about it, Nerdrage always QQed ever since he got pked 24/7.

Idiots go sage sometimes thinking they will own too, but more people go demon because they think the demon spark is so l33t. PVPwhores always fail in PVE squads. Also I have no fact of cutting a demon fist archer's HP in half? I should of shot a video of that, but I didn't have any that time. Oh well. I didn't say demon is easier to kill either, I mean 5aps demon archer, he demon sparked and I used mighty swing on his bum, then firestorm and garrote and kite him. I lasted 40 seconds from 30-40 lvl difference b:cute

Anyways, I do hate when bms now restat to fists ... I love fists, now everyone goes for it, for peaks sake the devs really ruined that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you'd actually get to a decent level, you could make that kind of money in an hour or so of work. You don't play the game. You call grinding genies playing the game? Have you ever done a Rebirth Delta? Have you unlocked all of the past maps? Been to Old TT? Did a Nirvana run?

If you want to call being stuck at a dismally low level, calling anything about level 49 "overpowered" playing the game, then by all means have at it, because you're not playing the game that the rest of us are.

Also, a 48/50 genie isn't worth much. It's not even that special. There is so much room for it to go wrong at higher levels. Try getting a 8X/100 genie like me, then start talking about good genies.

Also:

There is not a single level 5X anything, least of all you, taking a demon archer down to half HP. BS some more, you've never done PK.

I have been to old TT since lvl 20 with my old faction (too bad the faction died out) and no i haven't tanked as a 2x, who can at 2x? They were lvl 70s-80s already too. I think you need to get your facts straight there.

I grind with apoth, like all the time (cause of skill spam, hate low MP recovery)

You are playing the game? I rather be a LVL49 being up to date on quests and endless farming than use shortcuts to lvl up to 100 with a billion quests undone. You QQ about the game like 99% of the time, how is that even playing?

You probably have bad reputation if you think 48/50 genies have no value in money and I do not believe you have a 8X/100 genie, LP does not matter, does not change how easy of a gameplay PW is with genies. If there is a "good" more like even more OP genies, cause I seem to easily own the game with a 24/40 and 34/50 genie and they are considered fail. The more lucky points on genies are just creepy ijs. Also I always have to say "I got solid shield." in a random squad, so they forget about my lvl, things work out fine.

Ok, call that void of the dumb and fail demon fist archer, I should of made a vid of that, it was a duel btw. Also, PK is for foolish people, I'm not looking to get ganged on again. Duels > PK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    DW about it, Nerdrage always QQed ever since he got pked 24/7.

Idiots go sage sometimes thinking they will own too, but more people go demon because they think the demon spark is so l33t. PVPwhores always fail in PVE squads. Also I have no fact of cutting a demon fist archer's HP in half? I should of shot a video of that, but I didn't have any that time. Oh well. I didn't say demon is easier to kill either, I mean 5aps demon archer, he demon sparked and I used mighty swing on his bum, then firestorm and garrote and kite him. I lasted 40 seconds from 30-40 lvl difference b:cute

Anyways, I do hate when bms now restat to fists ... I love fists, now everyone goes for it, for peaks sake the devs really ruined that.

Well, I've killed a level 100 archer (hi Gecko) multiple times in PK. Even when he got his Lunar bow +5 which is worth more than 65m. He also has more HP than I do, along with stuff worth well over ten times more than mine. Pure dex btw.

Having fists on an archer doesn't make you fail in PvP. No matter what you think.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'd just like to say... Yulk is so effing funny :D
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I have been to old TT since lvl 20 with my old faction (too bad the faction died out) and no i haven't tanked as a 2x, who can at 2x? They were lvl 70s-80s already too. I think you need to get your facts straight there.

I grind with apoth, like all the time (cause of skill spam, hate low MP recovery)

You are playing the game? I rather be a LVL49 being up to date on quests and endless farming than use shortcuts to lvl up to 100 with a billion quests undone. You QQ about the game like 99% of the time, how is that even playing?

You probably have bad reputation if you think 48/50 genies have no value in money and I do not believe you have a 8X/100 genie, LP does not matter, does not change how easy of a gameplay PW is with genies. If there is a "good" more like even more OP genies, cause I seem to easily own the game with a 24/40 and 34/50 genie and they are considered fail. The more lucky points on genies are just creepy ijs. Also I always have to say "I got solid shield." in a random squad, so they forget about my lvl, things work out fine.

Ok, call that void of the dumb and fail demon fist archer, I should of made a vid of that, it was a duel btw. Also, PK is for foolish people, I'm not looking to get ganged on again. Duels > PK

OP bms are OP, they are in old TT when the rest of us have to complete a 90+ culti
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

I was 89 within a year and had all of my quests done up until that point with the exception of that one 7x quest to gather 50 hay.

What's your excuse for still being 49?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

You've never been to Old TT. Especially not as a level 20. Know how I know you're bull****ting? It requires you be level 95 (I think. Either 90 or 95.)

I've done every quest there is to do in this game. Try harder.

I never said genies had no value, but you could be making more money in less time..
  • Ibiza - Dreamweaver
    Ibiza - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lot of QQing here..... i remember more than 1 year ago when TT was the only way to get money/gear and barbs/clerics/venos were the only ones who could benefit of that, wizards archers and bms had always last pick, and had to spend more money getting their stuffs, then bms became a little bit faster than barbs, and had the chance to get the first pick in TTs, which was really annoying for barbs who only wanted to go into TT for the first pick..... then Deicides showed up that being fast things were faster and it was much more easyer to get money/gear, then archers started using deicides also, and the 5 aps thingy became the most powerfull class in the game (im not talking about PvP) so, classes that were in the bottom of the list are in the top now, and classes who were used to get everything are complaining..... barbs can spend same money as bms, sins and archers did to become a new 5 aps, and you dont need to be a cash player, im a 4aps-5aps sparked archer and im not a cash player, so is not that hard, i dont understand the QQing here, since people who squad with 4-5 aps users do everything much faster, or am i wrong?... magic classes arent needed as before in farming, but they still powerfull in PvP, and they still can do Nirvana or TTs, it's true that with BP clerics are not REALLY needed in nirvana BUT i dont think a cleric cant get a squad for Nirvana when i see ppl wcing for like an hour asking for cleric, and many of them dont wanna go, why? because they want a FAST squad, and then complain about they arent needed..... Venos? is really nice to have a veno in Nirvana also (i think the problem is Nirvana now since nobody is QQing for TT/Lunar here) Wizards and Psy well truth is that if they dont have -chan gear and good weapon/rings is really hard for them.
    I really dont see where the 5aps is a problem, if a barb tanking with axes and a bm using 0 -int gear to not steal agro and archers using 0 -int gear and crappy bow to not steal agro is the solution to this "problem" how many ppl would quit? who wants a 3h nirvana run? or a 5h TT, or 1h in a Abaddon/SOT BH?...those who are complaining who also benefit of the speed of the squad should think for 2 minutes if they really want to be whole day trying to get a TT culti done with a slow squad, or if Snakefist should become impossible to do, ppl will always QQ when a new power comes out, and its really annoying!
    I liked the idea of 20-40% elemental reduction on bosses so magic users can deal more damage, that would be fair for wizards and pys who are the really ones affected here.
    Oh and btw BM is a unique class already!!!!!
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'd just like to say... Yulk is so effing funny :D

What cracks me up even more are the serious b:angry replies he's getting... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Who the **** unbanned Yulk?
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Duels > PK

Old TT to us is 2-3, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3. Nothing has been changed to the others. Pretty sure you have never ran a 3-3 run. 3-3 was mega screwed over to the "normal" players.

And......

PK > Duels

Dueling is stupid, everyone pulls the same ****. If you use a genie, apoth, or pots, the nubs laugh at you for using that in a duel. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver3
    Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver3 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    They are never going to touch interval. If you can't find squads then work on your networking skills, it's not interval users fault. If you feel it's totally unbalanced in PvE, come join the party or GTFO. If you feel it's unbalanced in PvP, well you're not as informed as you think.
  • AshliHope - Sanctuary
    AshliHope - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the way interval works is funny, but simple math can explain a rather large bug to the whole concept, take .1 interval, which is dedicated to giving you a 10% haste increase, based on a fraction. if you take say, axes. 0.83 speed, add .1 interval, you get a speed of 0.91, if you take 0.83, and multiply it by 1.1, or increase it by 10%, you get 0.91 and some other numbers, NOW, if you take a 1.43 speed Claw, and add .1 interval in PWI, you go up to a 1.67 attack speed, however, raising said claw by 10% attack speed, or multiplying 1.43 by 1.1, results in a speed of 1.57, in order to get 1.67, you'd need a 17% increase in attack speed, said claw is gaining an additional 7% haste from said interval, this is what makes it so easy for said BM to get 5 APS, whereas Axes, Swords, or other weapons, aside from say, daggers, is so hard to get it on. at 1.43 speed, .5 interval total, or 50% haste, will cap you at 5 APS. with 1.11 speed sword, that SAME interval will put you at 2.5 attacks per second, now how much difference is there between a 1.11 attack/second sword, and a 1.43 attack per second claw? the difference is .32 attacks per second, but with interval, it easily puts a 2.5 attacks per second difference. Should 5 APS be possible? no. 5 APS is the highest attack speed you can get, even if you had .6 interval on EVERY item, you'd cap at 5 APS, 5 APS is no different then a caster with -100% channeling, but -100% channeling is physically impossible with the gear status of PWI. really, it just takes a 3 dollar calculator to add stuff up and figure it out, to understand why stuff works the way it does, and yes, i think PWI should fix interval, not remove it, or cap it, but make it work properly, Claws/Daggers/other weapons should maintain the proper bonuses to their speed from Interval. not get extra haste from interval.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the way interval works is funny, but simple math can explain a rather large bug to the whole concept, take .1 interval, which is dedicated to giving you a 10% haste increase, based on a fraction. if you take say, axes. 0.83 speed, add .1 interval, you get a speed of 0.91, if you take 0.83, and multiply it by 1.1, or increase it by 10%, you get 0.91 and some other numbers, NOW, if you take a 1.43 speed Claw, and add .1 interval in PWI, you go up to a 1.67 attack speed, however, raising said claw by 10% attack speed, or multiplying 1.43 by 1.1, results in a speed of 1.57, in order to get 1.67, you'd need a 17% increase in attack speed, said claw is gaining an additional 7% haste from said interval, this is what makes it so easy for said BM to get 5 APS, whereas Axes, Swords, or other weapons, aside from say, daggers, is so hard to get it on. at 1.43 speed, .5 interval total, or 50% haste, will cap you at 5 APS. with 1.11 speed sword, that SAME interval will put you at 2.5 attacks per second, now how much difference is there between a 1.11 attack/second sword, and a 1.43 attack per second claw? the difference is .32 attacks per second, but with interval, it easily puts a 2.5 attacks per second difference. Should 5 APS be possible? no. 5 APS is the highest attack speed you can get, even if you had .6 interval on EVERY item, you'd cap at 5 APS, 5 APS is no different then a caster with -100% channeling, but -100% channeling is physically impossible with the gear status of PWI. really, it just takes a 3 dollar calculator to add stuff up and figure it out, to understand why stuff works the way it does, and yes, i think PWI should fix interval, not remove it, or cap it, but make it work properly, Claws/Daggers/other weapons should maintain the proper bonuses to their speed from Interval. not get extra haste from interval.

Wall of text, didn't read.

(probably repeating what most of you know)
    Interval doesn't work of hits/sec it works off duration of a hit. if you have 2.0 atk/sec you have the attack rate but the duration between hits for 2.0 atk/sec is .5 (.5 + .5 = 1 sec and each .5 = a hit so you have 2 hits in this case). The -.1 or -.05 is taken off the .5 duration.

Obviously the lower your duration (or time between hits) the greater the gain from a -.1 or -.05 because it's a larger percentage of the duration. Meaning:

-.05 is 10% of .5

while

-.05 is 20% of .25

That's why the gain of -int gear is exponential with the more interval (aka lower your duration between hits) you have.

Most people just want the exponential part of it changed. They would like a percentage gain per piece just like -chan. Honestly I don't think most mages would care if they could get -chan gear much easier like the -int gear. The problem is balance as everyone keeps screaming for. Negative interval breaks PvE, but that is a simple coin flow thing. Everyone is still able to make coin it's a factor of how fast and how much. Negative channeling breaks PvP, and that factors in a lot of other things then just duration of making coin. The biggest thing is prohibiting people from PKing, and making sure TWs stay balanced (which effects a lot of things). Basically -chan prohibits good PKing, while -int doesn't prohibit everyone form making coin, that's why -chan is much harder to get.

In any case everyone has the chance to go and make a -int char, and no one is stopping you. If you want "balance" just because someone can go kill things you can't well i'm sorry that's why we have different classes that can do different things. The only real thing I see a problem is the fact that barbs cannot keep aggro when they are DESIGNED to keep it.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Manakel - Dreamweaver
    Manakel - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Truthfully, how many of u would refuse a 4.0/5.0 APS DD to squad with you? First do that and then ask the system to be changed.

Me on my cleric for example ? And maybe other clerics may agree.
    I've been in some full 4/5 aps nirvy squads, and honestly, it can be hard to handle for the cleric. Usually aps classes, other than bms (I mean mostly sins and archers) are kinda squishy and they keep exchanging aggro every 2 secs. So the issue is you are in a squad with no tank, and every single DD grabbing aggro from the other every 2 secs and you have to detect extremely fast who's currently having aggro and heal asap, otherwise those squishies can die pretty fast. It can give headaches to the poor cleric b:surrender
    I don't refuse one or two aps in the squad, I can predict they're gonna get aggro so I'm watching out, but when everyone can possibly grab aggro from one sec to another...b:faint
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8149449004&dateline=1294904331[/SIGPIC]
    Dreamweaver chars:
    Zahikel 101 Cleric, Celestial Demon
    Manakel 100 Veno, Demon (semi-retired)
    Kaeden 93 Archer, Demon
    Asthariel new Mystic :3
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That's pretty funny because the boss aggro resets every time it seals, so people will bounce aggro around anyway. Usually whoever has aggro the most is the one with the highest refines or a Sin, so it's not that hard to figure out.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That's pretty funny because the boss aggro resets every time it seals, so people will bounce aggro around anyway. Usually whoever has aggro the most is the one with the highest refines or a Sin, so it's not that hard to figure out.

Honestly the aggro switches will happen regardless of 5.0s or 4.0s or 2.0s for that matter. After the bosses seal the aggro is reset so whoever hits first gets aggro right away, and that's all on top of random aggro from bosses. Nirvana isn't easy on clerics with any squad formation.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Me on my cleric for example ? And maybe other clerics may agree.
    I've been in some full 4/5 aps nirvy squads, and honestly, it can be hard to handle for the cleric. Usually aps classes, other than bms (I mean mostly sins and archers) are kinda squishy and they keep exchanging aggro every 2 secs. So the issue is you are in a squad with no tank, and every single DD grabbing aggro from the other every 2 secs and you have to detect extremely fast who's currently having aggro and heal asap, otherwise those squishies can die pretty fast. It can give headaches to the poor cleric b:surrender
    I don't refuse one or two aps in the squad, I can predict they're gonna get aggro so I'm watching out, but when everyone can possibly grab aggro from one sec to another...b:faint

Good example of how aps isn't everything.

If you have good DD (and likely pull aggro) but get 2 shot by bosses, what's the point?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Old TT to us is 2-3, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3. Nothing has been changed to the others.

Actually, that's not true. :P

TT was nerfed in late summer/fall of 09.

Mob counts in all of the instances was reduced by 30-50%. Some said drop rates were nerfed, but nothing was ever mentioned in patch notes or acknowledged by a GM. However, generally when an instance is nerfed, the drop rates were adjusted. Compare old lunar to new, for example.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Manakel - Dreamweaver
    Manakel - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Actually, that's not true. :P

TT was nerfed in late summer/fall of 09.

Mob counts in all of the instances was reduced by 30-50%. Some said drop rates were nerfed, but nothing was ever mentioned in patch notes or acknowledged by a GM. However, generally when an instance is nerfed, the drop rates were adjusted. Compare old lunar to new, for example.

I can assure you gba boss in 3-1 doesn't have a higher drop rate since the nerf. Did it many times since the nerf and there was often no gba at all or just one.

But that's not the point.

Since the aps craze I've even seen lvl 100 fist barbs with -int in nirvy squads :/ Imo, it ruins the whole concept of the class. What's a barb if he cannot use his skills because of the fists ? Never seen a barb with deicides so far, but I guess there must be some out there. Sad.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8149449004&dateline=1294904331[/SIGPIC]
    Dreamweaver chars:
    Zahikel 101 Cleric, Celestial Demon
    Manakel 100 Veno, Demon (semi-retired)
    Kaeden 93 Archer, Demon
    Asthariel new Mystic :3
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I can assure you gba boss in 3-1 doesn't have a higher drop rate since the nerf. Did it many times since the nerf and there was often no gba at all or just one.

But that's not the point.

Since the aps craze I've even seen lvl 100 fist barbs with -int in nirvy squads :/ Imo, it ruins the whole concept of the class. What's a barb if he cannot use his skills because of the fists ? Never seen a barb with deicides so far, but I guess there must be some out there. Sad.

Because that's the only way they make any money (if they can't afford to reroll). They simply adapted to everyone saying they are worthless so don't hate on them. Our faction has about 4-5 of them, and even a 5.0 veno.

PS: I left my barb alone and made a sin, that's honestly the only two realistic options for a barb in this game now. Might I add I still farmed a full tt99 set (and yes that set was done after the 3-3 change) and all that stuff BEFORE I made a sin to farm things. So that's why I don't listen to the QQers say 5.0 makes me worthless in squads and I can't find one. Man up make your own squads and do your runs, I did and hi I'm up to 22k HP and cata pull like a ****. b:laugh
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Because that's the only way they make any money (if they can't afford to reroll). They simply adapted to everyone saying they are worthless so don't hate on them. Our faction has about 4-5 of them, and even a 5.0 veno.

PS: I left my barb alone and made a sin, that's honestly the only two realistic options for a barb in this game now. Might I add I still farmed a full tt99 set (and yes that set was done after the 3-3 change) and all that stuff BEFORE I made a sin to farm things. So that's why I don't listen to the QQers say 5.0 makes me worthless in squads and I can't find one. Man up make your own squads and do your runs, I did and hi I'm up to 22k HP and cata pull like a ****. b:laugh

A 5.0 veno? That's something I want to see in action. b:laugh Talk about getting dizzy... Though, I'm assuming it's a fist veno, and not a FF Veno.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good example of how aps isn't everything.

If you have good DD (and likely pull aggro) but get 2 shot by bosses, what's the point?

well, not rly

only real problem i have with ~6k hp archers if there is no sin or bm buff and they have averange pdef for an LA (i.e.+4-5 ref on ornaments)

then healing require some additional effort like, having wellspring surge which heals more than boss hit, spoting main aggro thiefs (2-3 peepz usually) and pre-healing them before aggro switch (timing seal).

not really hard to train that, especially if you run with same ppl
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I was 89 within a year and had all of my quests done up until that point with the exception of that one 7x quest to gather 50 hay.

What's your excuse for still being 49?

1. On alt after alt, other things to do, I do not play over 4 hrs a day.

2. Does farming refined steel even give you exp? Seriously?

3. Inactivity at times

4. Not playing this toon anymore, I have a new main BM with a decent char name (haven't touched this char for months now)

5. Rage more b:kiss
    You've never been to Old TT. Especially not as a level 20. Know how I know you're bull****ting? It requires you be level 95 (I think. Either 90 or 95.)

I've done every quest there is to do in this game. Try harder.

I never said genies had no value, but you could be making more money in less time..

I have went to TT to learn the ropes, I didn't even know TT until my own faction members took me at times. I went to 1-1, 1-2, 2-1 and 1-3, and even 3-1, there was a pro 80+ veno (over 4k HP unbuffed) with a herc in that same old faction made runs easy.

umadbro b:bye
    Old TT to us is 2-3, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3. Nothing has been changed to the others. Pretty sure you have never ran a 3-3 run. 3-3 was mega screwed over to the "normal" players.

And......

PK > Duels

Dueling is stupid, everyone pulls the same ****. If you use a genie, apoth, or pots, the nubs laugh at you for using that in a duel. LOL

Ok, I have never been to those runs yet (except 3-1), not even 2-2, faction did not take me there.

PKing is stupid, why would I want to carry binding charms after killing someone, I might lose my item (I never lost an item), all the PK addicts ever do is either try to gang, run to a safe zone, spam genie and apoth.

I remembered so well that a fail BM kept using diamond sutra + chaos powder I made him run (in a duel lol) and guess what? A mob poisoned him to death (fail). I laugh at nubs using genies and apoth and pots and still lose b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Barbs don't need to be 5.0 to be useful in a high dps Nirvana squad.

My usual squad runs with a cleric, 2 BM's and 2 Archers, and often a non-5.0 Barb. We typically run faster with the barb than with another BM or Archer. Reasons being, the barb, while not providing much direct DD, greatly enhances the overall DD of the party. Starting off with Titans buff to increase Patt, on to Devour and genie skills to debuff the bosses increasing the damage they take, and even spamming demon HP buff to provide an extra 5% crit boost to everyone (effectively +5% damage).

By using all the tools he has available to the utmost, he provides a huge benefit to the party and is always a welcome addition.