Idea to help improve the APS problem.

Options
Galox - Heavens Tear
Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Yeaah, QQ and all that or whatever, I'm sure this idea's been thrown around before and whatnot, but anyways, heres what I think could fix the 4/5APS problem (Yes, imo it IS a problem)

Make any class other than BM unable to spark while wearing Claws or fists, as I think it is the whole perma-spark thing what makes 4/5 APS a problem.

This would also make BM's unique. Really, before endgame, what are BMs? Tanks that can't hold aggro, DD's that aren't as good as Psy/Sin/Archer, they fill no real role. I love the BM class, and giving only them the ability to spark while using fists/claws should make them a lot more special. You could also make Claws/Fists BM only, but I think that will create a LOT of uproar for people who have invested in -int who aren't BM class. My idea will create outrage too, but I suspect it would not be as much. After all, you can still USE your 4 aps fists, just don't let them spark while using them

There is a problem, which could be fixed too. You could spark using daggers, lets say, as a sin, then switch to fists to get the damage bonus? Or, does the spark effect damage for the weapon it was used on only? If not, then give weapon changing a 10 second cooldown or something. Yeah, this idea is probably poorly presented, but I'm just throwing it out there for you to rip apart.

~Galox

EDIT: I know PWI will most likely ever do something like this at all. They make waaay too much money out of cashshopping 5aps-ers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
Post edited by Galox - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The real problem isn't actually APS being broken in PvP, it's PvE where the largest imbalance is. The real solution that I can see is decreasing boss elemental resistance by 20-40% so those casters who have an APS complex can deal more damage to narrow the gap between DPH and DPS.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This would also make BM's unique. Really, before endgame, what are BMs? Tanks that can't hold aggro, DD's that aren't as good as Psy/Sin/Archer, they fill no real role.

You never played a bm past 40, havent you.. lol
    As for agro... Ckeck out some decent fist bms, youll be suprised. Unique, yeah all those other classes with 4 weapon paths and ~7 aoes, unbelievable b:shocked

And no to the solution.
    I just dont think allowing bms only to have 5aps would fix anything.
    Whoever can afford that kind of gear would just roll a bm, get to 100 in less than a month and tada, aps back lol
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Just want to tell i heard sort kind of news that saying aps limit will be reduced to 4.

And about the thread tittle . . Idea to help improve the APS problem.b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yeaah, QQ and all that or whatever, I'm sure this idea's been thrown around before and whatnot, but anyways, heres what I think could fix the 4/5APS problem (Yes, imo it IS a problem)

Make any class other than BM unable to spark while wearing Claws or fists, as I think it is the whole perma-spark thing what makes 4/5 APS a problem.

That would force every single PWI player to level up a BM to 100+ for pve purpose. You cant have a game where only 1 class is a functional endgame DD/tank, which would happen if only BMs could be perma sparked with claws/fists. I guess i can understand how some lowbie thats new to the game might think its ok, but those that actually works hard to farm in-game coins 99+ knows the idea is ridiculous and would make pve so unbalanced.

Even more so know since it seems assassin will be capped at 4.0 as well with new expansion, or thats what they keep QQ-ing about on Chinese PW forums. But that means any type of restriction concerning fists/claws in the future would make BM the only class that can be 5.0 + permasparked.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The real problem isn't actually APS being broken in PvP, it's PvE where the largest imbalance is. The real solution that I can see is decreasing boss elemental resistance by 20-40% so those casters who have an APS complex can deal more damage to narrow the gap between DPH and DPS.

this. /thread
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    5 aps doesn't 2 shot 50+ [?] mobs without getting touched like I can, and that doesn't even require -ch. We all have our strengths.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    -chan has nothing to do with your ability to 2-shot. you being pure magic with a good weapon probably does though b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary
    Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Why must everyone QQ about the APS? it's a part of the game. stop making threads that the 5aps sucks. i dont see the point.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Grats, your ideas don't mean sht to the devs, all this thread will do is bring more QQ.
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    Aelo - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I can't agree because you are saying to compensate for one broken system by breaking another. Also in my opinion 5aps is also broken in PvP.

1) It would be unfair to remove -intv from gear that has it already but a nerf to the effect of downgrading the -intv values would be aprropriate e.g. from -0.05 to -0.02 and from -0.1 to -0.04.

2) keep the blessing but reduce their uberness e.g. reduce jones from 30atk levels to only 10 and introduce a defensive blessing as well as a mixed blessing ala 5atk/5def lvls.

3) Increase the strength of Atk speed debuffs in terms of how much they can slow down attack speed.

4) Increase the hp of bosses and mobs in higher level instances (basically 90+ dungeons)

5) Increase the threat output of threat production skills taht barbs have.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What did you guys think, this game is a democracy, where your ideas actually matter?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    5 aps doesn't 2 shot 50+ [?] mobs without getting touched like I can, and that doesn't even require -ch. We all have our strengths.

b:victory b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What did you guys think, this game is a democracy, where your ideas actually matter?

Um, duh? What did YOU think it was, a subsidiary of a foreign company with game developers completely out of touch with the international player base?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This would also make BM's unique. Really, before endgame, what are BMs? Tanks that can't hold aggro, DD's that aren't as good as Psy/Sin/Archer, they fill no real role.

Someone's never been zhenning, I see. Or GV or trophy mode for that matter where stuns and AOEs mean everything and aps means **** all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Its funny how people jump onto criticize everything that seems to put them on a disadvantage.

Since I joined,

First it was the nix bleed

Then sins stealth

And now APS.

Prior to 99 this so called 4.0/5.0 APS is not even possible to achieve by people. Its like suddenly a group of people are able to farm 1 particular instance faster and the thing is OPed and entire game mechanics need to be modified.

Its like "hey my class is unable to do that...so its OP and should be nerfed".

Over on the forums people argue that this is OP, that is OP but ingame its the very same people searching for the very ability they so much detest.

Truthfully, how many of u would refuse a 4.0/5.0 APS DD to squad with you? First do that and then ask the system to be changed.

If anything, i should say that "Remove Jones Blessing Completely" and youre so called uber fast damage would have its effect reduced.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Its funny how people jump onto criticize everything that seems to put them on a disadvantage.

Since I joined,

First it was the nix bleed

Then sins stealth

And now APS.

Prior to 99 this so called 4.0/5.0 APS is not even possible to achieve by people. Its like suddenly a group of people are able to farm 1 particular instance faster and the thing is OPed and entire game mechanics need to be modified.

Its like "hey my class is unable to do that...so its OP and should be nerfed".

Over on the forums people argue that this is OP, that is OP but ingame its the very same people searching for the very ability they so much detest.

Truthfully, how many of u would refuse a 4.0/5.0 APS DD to squad with you? First do that and then ask the system to be changed.

If anything, i should say that "Remove Jones Blessing Completely" and youre so called uber fast damage would have its effect reduced.

Nice post. Of course I'd still be able to 3 shot those mobs w/o getting touched which makes an insignificant difference for me but would put me at anadvantage to the 5aps toons. During double drops I ended up with 2nd tier Nirvana pants with +6 refine and 3 DoTs without any Nirvana runs. I did have the green mats for the TT99 pants though. Gonna love hearing the accusations of "CS'er!" while the low level merchants can earn as fast as me.

It's all finger pointing.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nah..just make a cool down time on spark..nuff said.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I fail to see what the problem with APS is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    so you actually want to replace the word 5aps with bm
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

This would also make BM's unique. Really, before endgame, what are BMs? Tanks that can't hold aggro, DD's that aren't as good as Psy/Sin/Archer, they fill no real role. I love the BM class, and giving only them the ability to spark while using fists/claws should make them a lot more special. You could also make Claws/Fists BM only, but I think that will create a LOT of uproar for people who have invested in -int who aren't BM class. My idea will create outrage too, but I suspect it would not be as much. After all, you can still USE your 4 aps fists, just don't let them spark while using them

There is a problem, which could be fixed too. You could spark using daggers, lets say, as a sin, then switch to fists to get the damage bonus? Or, does the spark effect damage for the weapon it was used on only? If not, then give weapon changing a 10 second cooldown or something. Yeah, this idea is probably poorly presented, but I'm just throwing it out there for you to rip apart.

~Galox

EDIT: I know PWI will most likely ever do something like this at all. They make waaay too much money out of cashshopping 5aps-ers.

both sin and archers own weps give -int as well. And if they try hard enough they can also get 4.0 aps.

So your idea failed :D
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Also in my opinion 5aps is also broken in PvP.

/facepalm

Not thid idiocy again.

Because 5.0 BMs triple-spark so often in pvp? lol. Learn 2 pvp.

b:bye
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think loads of wizzys/psys/etc are just jealous of APS.

APS ppl make loads of money while the others just.....don't. rofl

w/e.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think loads of wizzys/psys/etc are just jealous of APS.

APS ppl make loads of money while the others just.....don't. rofl

w/e.......

If the wizzy or w/e class is -chan then they can easily make a lot of cash because the mobs would drop dead before they reached them xD (thanks to fast channel, but you still have to contend with cast time :s).

So far the classes that make the most cash are;

BM's
    Sin
    Barb
    Cleric
    (SMART) Archer
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    These threads remind me of the old QQ-nixes-are-op b:lipcurl
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If the wizzy or w/e class is -chan then they can easily make a lot of cash because the mobs would drop dead before they reached them xD (thanks to fast channel, but you still have to contend with cast time :s).

So far the classes that make the most cash are;

BM's
    Sin
    Barb
    Cleric
    (SMART) Archer

I think it goes more like this:

BM
    Sin
    Archer
    Barb
    Cleric/Veno

Only because cleric isnt needed in nirvana runs.
    edited November 2010
    Options

BM
    Sin
    Archer
    Barb
    Cleric/Veno

Oh yeah, forgot that most clerics aren't needed in end-game nirvana runs. So yes, i'd say your listing is more accurate.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

BM
    Sin
    Archer
    Barb
    Cleric/Veno

QQ wiz and psys aren't even on that list
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    During double drops I ended up with 2nd tier Nirvana pants with +6 refine and 3 DoTs without any Nirvana runs. I did have the green mats for the TT99 pants though. Gonna love hearing the accusations of "CS'er!" while the low level merchants can earn as fast as me.

It's all finger pointing.
    Sorry but you have no valid point to the topic. You merchant? Why are you even posting then in a thread about game mechanics and which allows for farming instances? YOU DON'T DO THESE, so you have no room to talk. b:bye

And to the people, including you but not only, who talk about grinding mobs, I can only facepalm at that. Try make 10mil in an hour grinding then open your mouth. But of course you wouldn't know endgame stuff costs hundreds of millions and refining can get it to billions.
    /facepalm

Not thid idiocy again.

Because 5.0 BMs triple-spark so often in pvp? lol. Learn 2 pvp.

b:bye
    Well, I'm going to be nice here... when people say 5aps or aps problem, they don't necessarily mean 5aps or perma-spark in PvP. They mean "-interval" and "insane DPS" if you will. You don't need 5aps to **** an AA in 3 seconds.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well, I'm going to be nice here... when people say 5aps or aps problem, they don't necessarily mean 5aps or perma-spark in PvP. They mean "-interval" and "insane DPS" if you will. You don't need 5aps to **** an AA in 3 seconds.

But that's the thing, it's not really all that imbalanced. With my +11 deicides, I'll hit for 900 points a hit if you're fully buffed, maybe less. How many hits can you take before you die? Most decently geared and charmed arcane users take 6-12 hits... which is anywhere from 2-4 seconds. It's not as imbalanced as you like to believe.

With sins, that's a whole different story. I'm a BM discussing my views. b:bye
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If the wizzy or w/e class is -chan then they can easily make a lot of cash because the mobs would drop dead before they reached them xD

Clearly you have no clue what you're talking about, let me tell you why:

Firstly, I will assume that don't have any 5.0 characters, nor do you have any at 100+ (Based on your constant whining and moaning on world chat).

Secondly, what do mobs drop that are so valuable to merit the earning of "a lot of cash"?
    Oh, that's right, nothing.

Let's compare, shall we?

A superultimateleet-chancasterthatcanpewpewallthemobs - 1 hour of grinding

A crappy 5.0 DD "making money", i.e. Nirvana - 1ho- wait, they've already finished in less than an hour and made easily 20 times what the caster made in 1 hours worth of grinding.

tl;dr: Casterslike2cry