Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yup it's possible, the new one is just a skin. b:victory
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I like to play on window cause I need to do a lot of stuff at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Pw: Genesis now with new amazing features such as:

New UI
    Reskinned Wizard with statistics swap to use Strength stat instead of Mag stat
    Reskinned venomancer who's heal pet ability now heals other players!
    More bugs!
    More Rubberbanding!
    More offbalanced game play!

Reserve your copy today!
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011

New UI
    More bugs!
    More Rubberbanding!
    More Packs with end game gear!

Reserve your copy today!

There you go, forgot something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Pannzer - Archosaur
    Pannzer - Archosaur Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Here's an example of the UI with one of my screenies
    Genesis UI

PS: I play in windowed mode

Anyone else have a problem opening this image? I get an error message and no image.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Anyone else have a problem opening this image? I get an error message and no image.

nope..works fine for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If u do, I uploaded it on Core Connect, general photos on my profile. You can try there to see if it works or maybe its your browser =?
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011

New UI
    More bugs!
    More Rubberbanding!

Reserve your copy today!

waoh woah woah, hold up. first off, it's perfectly balanced, infact with the expansion the game is even more balanced than before.

seekers and more like a BM than a wizard (altho clearly a mix of the two) and they can see all the dam stealthing assassins. finally, we have ONE other class that can.

and as far as i've heard mystic's pet heal can't heal players, can heal veno pets, but useless on players, they got other skills fer thatb:victory and mystics are being put in to give us anouther option for a pet using class. and big deal, so now venos aren't the only class that can tag team people, and there's anouther class that might be able ta stand up to venos. is that really so bad? mystics are 3 nerfed classes mixxed into one class, not 3 classes in one, and yes there is a difference. they're a dam filler support class. a jack of all trades class, can do allot of stuff, but not quite an expert in anything.

why you so threatened by the expansion? afraid the new classes will destroy you? and if you are then just adapt like everyone did last time. you can't beat every class on 1 character, that's how it's meant to be, it's called balance. want an example of an adaption to an expansion?

assassins added=dramatic rise in the fist BM population.

psychics added, increase in the archer population.

and here's my prodiction to an adaption to the earthguard release:

seekers= rise in the psychic population and an increased number of psychics that use niether white or black voodoo. hopefully seekers will also bring rise to the wizard population to combat them aswell.

mystics added= rise in the veno population due to outrage and the ****-like theory that venos are the dominant pet users. a rise in the amount of arcane venos PKing just ta kill mystics. a rise in the amount of buffing clerics that aim for the goal of a "metal mage" instead of a healer. and last but not least a possible increase in the high vit assassin population to be able to pop out of stealth behind a mystic and survive their trap summons.

well, we'll see if those predictions hold true, and they are purely speculation, but that's my guess *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Winddagger - Harshlands
    Winddagger - Harshlands Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    [QUOTE= Haden - Dreamweaver
    assassins added=dramatic rise in the fist BM population. (1 for 1 nice answer)
    psychics added, increase in the archer population. True again ( 2 for 2 now)
    seekers= rise in the psychic population and an increased number of psychics that use niether white or black voodoo. hopefully seekers will also bring rise to the wizard population to combat them aswell.
    O.o????? Maybe Pys...not wiz'z
    mystics added= rise in the veno population due to outrage and the ****-like theory that venos are the dominant pet users. a rise in the amount of arcane venos PKing just ta kill mystics. a rise in the amount of buffing clerics that aim for the goal of a "metal mage" instead of a healer. and last but not least a possible increase in the high vit assassin population to be able to pop out of stealth behind a mystic and survive their trap summons. [ You evil person xD ]
    [/QUOTE]

Anyways, what you say is true, people will start to adapt to the game to insure them selves to have a equal chance at playing.

Plus, People can use what they have at their disposal, Have ppl fogotten?....genies, Apoto-Pots etc... Its all Pvp style, people have to use what the game gives in order to insure they know how to adapt.

Example: Bm Verse's Pys., Bm use's Balance (genie skill) and runs to stun pys, but pys use's anti-pot stun...bm try's to stun but it resists, pys runs around and keep pounding bm till bm dies.

Its an example that people use everything at their disposal to adapt to the changes.

MY GUESS ON RELEASE ON NEW GENESIS IS THE FOLLOWING 4 Days [FEB. 1, 8, 15 or 22]....if it doesnt happen on 1st on a Tuesday, wait till next tuesday folks xD....easy as that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roar of the dragon, burning with my soul
    Shall hear the tremor and fear in the shadows
    Let my darkness of my heart consume you all
    Your insanity is my sanity, let it eat away at your soul
    The blitz of the firery night ...
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    waoh woah woah, hold up. first off, it's perfectly balanced, infact with the expansion the game is even more balanced than before.

seekers and more like a BM than a wizard (altho clearly a mix of the two) and they can see all the dam stealthing assassins. finally, we have ONE other class that can.

and as far as i've heard mystic's pet heal can't heal players, can heal veno pets, but useless on players, they got other skills fer thatb:victory and mystics are being put in to give us anouther option for a pet using class. and big deal, so now venos aren't the only class that can tag team people, and there's anouther class that might be able ta stand up to venos. is that really so bad? mystics are 3 nerfed classes mixxed into one class, not 3 classes in one, and yes there is a difference. they're a dam filler support class. a jack of all trades class, can do allot of stuff, but not quite an expert in anything.

why you so threatened by the expansion? afraid the new classes will destroy you? and if you are then just adapt like everyone did last time. you can't beat every class on 1 character, that's how it's meant to be, it's called balance. want an example of an adaption to an expansion?

assassins added=dramatic rise in the fist BM population.

psychics added, increase in the archer population.

mystics added= rise in the veno population due to outrage and the ****-like theory that venos are the dominant pet users. a rise in the amount of arcane venos PKing just ta kill mystics. a rise in the amount of buffing clerics that aim for the goal of a "metal mage" instead of a healer. and last but not least a possible increase in the high vit assassin population to be able to pop out of stealth behind a mystic and survive their trap summons.

well, we'll see if those predictions hold true, and they are purely speculation, but that's my guess *shrugs*

he meant its the same thing. as in the skill animation is the same lol. which indeed it is(heal pet and their primary heal have the same animation)
    If it lists Deceptistar character on the journal yep.

this is a ****ing joke.... its a mix of blown up bubbles, jade dynasty, and etherblade. I hope its true we have the option to change the UI to the one thats used now, at least for the pple who actually wish to PLAY the game rather than stare at the graphics and interface designs.
    omg awesome. luv this one
    http://lagunal8.deviantart.com/art/****-me-off-less-68486696

and i Lol'd at the last paragraph
    I like to play on window cause I need to do a lot of stuff at once.
    yea same reason i do it too xD

New UI
    More bugs!
    More Rubberbanding!

Reserve your copy today!

LOL
    and i agree as said before you forgot to add endgame gear packs XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    CLICKY CLICK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    they can see all the dam stealthing assassins. finally, we have ONE other class that can.

See this is how rumors start, do you even read the forums? It is yet to be know whether a 79 or 100 skill will let seekers and mystics see assassins in stealth but as of now they can't. Unless you find me indisputable evidence that seekers and mystics can see assassins in stealth, your lying straight through your teeth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    See this is how rumors start, do you even read the forums? It is yet to be know whether a 79 or 100 skill will let seekers and mystics see assassins in stealth but as of now they can't. Unless you find me indisputable evidence that seekers and mystics can see assassins in stealth, your lying straight through your teeth.

i could swear someone from the chinese server confermed it on this thread, i'ma start searching fer it now, but no promises, i can only search through so many pages till i say *** it and go back to mat/gear/pot/$ gathering ingame fer my future mystic.

and my point waz that if they can, we still only have "ONE" class other than sins that could, so how much of a handicap is that really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Punching_Bag - Dreamweaver
    Punching_Bag - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Whatever happen to just enjoy the game, if they come out with more feature, then just explore it
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Here's an example of the UI with one of my screenies
    Genesis UI

PS: I play in windowed mode

except squad seems cartoon'ish lol. then seems rather more like you play on really low resolution through.
    oh and i feel bad for clerics. looks like will be hard to see which class the person is.

i guess. 800x or 1024x ?
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    except squad seems cartoon'ish lol. then seems rather more like you play on really low resolution through.
    oh and i feel bad for clerics. looks like will be hard to see which class the person is.

i guess. 800x or 1024x ?

It's not hard to distinguish, they all have very unique symbols, I have pictures in the F.A.Q. of my guide. The only problem is they don't show gender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Whatever happen to just enjoy the game, if they come out with more feature, then just explore it

foshizzle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Centetric - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    i could swear someone from the chinese server confermed it on this thread, i'ma start searching fer it now, but no promises, i can only search through so many pages till i say *** it and go back to mat/gear/pot/$ gathering ingame fer my future mystic.

and my point waz that if they can, we still only have "ONE" class other than sins that could, so how much of a handicap is that really?
    blah nobody said that. its a rumor. nobody has officially confirmed it. same thing as the rumor going around that Frost is gonna be nerf'd, and hypers are going to be taken out.

they make me LAWL.........

and btw i hope you were being to sarcastic with your last post about the game being balanced ( the one decp was refering to)
    It's not hard to distinguish, they all have very unique symbols, I have pictures in the F.A.Q. of my guide. The only problem is they don't show gender.
    yea . thats why im gonna swith my UI back to raging tide version when the expansion comes.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    People in Wanmei are trying to **** into the information of unrelease lvl 79 lvl100 skills. So far nothing....the name they **** out is "Heaven's Tear" *Sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011

Someone confirmed that Seekers can ATTACK stealthed sins, not see them. Seekers are in posession of an aoe attack/buff that allows them to attack while moving for a few seconds, thats about it.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    People in Wanmei are trying to **** into the information of unrelease lvl 79 lvl100 skills. So far nothing....the name they **** out is "Heaven's Tear" *Sigh*

Lol, well, honestly, I can actually see the earthguard naming a skill after the place. What could be more amazing to an underground race than a place that floats in the sky?

I doubt it'll pan out that way. Oh well.
    edited January 2011
    and btw i hope you were being to sarcastic with your last post about the game being balanced ( the one decp was refering to)

actually, apart from 5.0 aps, the game is perfectly balanced. other than 5.0 aps, the only reason people think that a certain class is OP is because they have just gotten killed by that class allot. and usually it's perfectly logical that they've been killed by that class. certain classes are better agenst certain classes, but at the same time, every class has a class that can slaughter them that's the nature of a balanced game.

if assassins are OP it's only because of 5.0 aps and stealth. and with the coming expansion, even if the seekers being able ta see them thing is just a rumor, mystics still have traps that will activate and take out a sin when they pop outta shadow walk behind them. therefore, if sins are or were ever considered OP because of stealth, with the coming expansion, there will be a class with a defence agenst it, and balance will be restored.

take out 5.0 aps, and you have a perfectly balanced game, nice job pwi game designers, you only fckd up one thing, and it's easily fixable, just please, nerf 5.0 aps already, that's all ya need ta do.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Mystic need target to summon plant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    actually, apart from 5.0 aps, the game is perfectly balanced. other than 5.0 aps, the only reason people think that a certain class is OP is because they have just gotten killed by that class allot. and usually it's perfectly logical that they've been killed by that class. certain classes are better agenst certain classes, but at the same time, every class has a class that can slaughter them that's the nature of a balanced game.

if assassins are OP it's only because of 5.0 aps and stealth. and with the coming expansion, even if the seekers being able ta see them thing is just a rumor, mystics still have traps that will activate and take out a sin when they pop outta shadow walk behind them. therefore, if sins are or were ever considered OP because of stealth, with the coming expansion, there will be a class with a defence agenst it, and balance will be restored.

take out 5.0 aps, and you have a perfectly balanced game, nice job pwi game designers, you only fckd up one thing, and it's easily fixable, just please, nerf 5.0 aps already, that's all ya need ta do.....
    that truth is in turquoise .
    the thing is though that mystic's trap summon can only be summoned when the person is targeted and acts as a summon+ attack. so it cant be healed.
    so if a sin were to come up behind you ,it simply would not work the way as you implied. unless ,of course, you were fighting the sin before it went into stealth.

Mystic need target to summon plant.

omg i was ninja'd .
    but yea....... you need to play/get the facts straight first before we can really talk about balance .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Just wait for the complaints with seekers stun tackle and other sin/bm skills, plus the fact that they're supposed to be able to stack huge amounts of damage together we'll likely see people complaining about that soon too. However, we're more likely to see complaints about mystics, and the standard racism towards them being "Nu-Clerics," which will just melt your brain if you try to reason with people like this. Kinda like reasoning with people about the APS nerf, and with the mythical "seekerz Can Sees Sinz they's so OPZ" crowd.

5 aps isnt op, just an over exploited game bug that hasnt been fixed due to financial gain. Between a 5 aps sin and a wiz, the battle usually goes down to who stuns who first, which is usually the sin. It needs to be fixed so everyone will move on with their lives, but wont be because moving on with their lives might just mean moving on from pwi.

Preforming a balancing act of other skill flexing items will likely be what we see instead of a 5.0 solution.

But, sin's aren't the only class to have 5.0, nor were they the first, the first was archers, then Bm's figured it out, now sins got it and are running with the preverbial torch. I can argue either side, but quite frankly, its bothersome and exhausting and really, not worth the time to try.

If they fixed it, pwi would be monsterously better, but, they wont fix it because they're making money hand over fist by all those little teeney boppers who have to have it, and need their fix.
  • Opalmist - Heavens Tear
    Opalmist - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I hope this new expansion comes out soon. I'm going crazy b:faint
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Thats what they're hoping for, a lot of people crazy about the new expansion. Me, Im just Jaded by it.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I hope this new expansion comes out soon. I'm going crazy b:faint
    Thats what they're hoping for, a lot of people crazy about the new expansion. Me, Im just Jaded by it.

QFT.

After the expansion, I guarantee hypers, oracles, and wraith badges will be back in the cash shop. Because hey, why enjoy playing the game with the new classes when you can just level to 105 and get rank 9 gear in about 5 hours.

Just more $$$ for PWE.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    The main thing sin seem op is stealth, which allow them to stun first, giving huge disadvantage to range classes since they rely on range to give them more time. If Wanmei do let self center AoE to be no target cast and earthguard allow to see sin as the rumor saying, then it may become more balance and also rise the popularity of Earthguard. Earthguard are completely nothing for now, both class waste too many mp. Seeker, vit str based class, need to use skill all the time. Mystic, although base on mag, high mp cost on healing and summon. Not much people is going to play this race until they release Sage/Demon and lvl 79, lvl 100 skills. Most people looking forward to the lvl 79 and lvl 100 skills since all skills they got...really not helping them much.

*Sigh* Got to agree with the guy here... http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1677705&extra=page%3D2&page=1

This thread maybe remove from the CN forum soon, so I saved it in my computer.

Basicly here is what the thread is about:

The dev of Perfect World, Archosaur Studio, created the game Perfect World. Later, they combine with Wanmei company. But after a few years, the member of Archosaur Studio were fired, or leave. So it end up a half finished game to Wanmei. After they left, all the expansion, like warsong and whatever, are no real expansion, they are some sort of ad to catch people's attention. The Archosaur Studio was planned to create a large virtual world that has five large cities like Archosaur. The which is base on the five elements. City of the Black Emperor, Ancient Ice, water; City of the Red Emperor, Mandala, fire; City of the White Emperor, Never Fall, metal; City of the Green Emperor, Peace, wood; City of the Yellow Emperor, Archosaur, earth. If the Dev from Archosaur Studio are still here, we may get all five cities. Its not surpriseing people in PWI never question about it because people in here don't get all information. The background story from PWCN is not translate into English. With the map we got here, if we expand the whole thing, imagin how large will the world will be. And in this game you don't need to load to other map. But because we no longer have Archosaur Studio, we will never get real large expansion like this because the Wanmei don't know the code. Archosaur Studio also known as ACSO, which is short for Archosaur (I know ACSO also mean other thing).

So what do you, the players from PWI, think? About the the old dev's plan. BTW the author of this thread in Wanmei got banned twice already for posting that, seem like Wanmei is telling him to be quiet...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    My goodness, Mooy, thank you so much for this information...

This is....why o.o

...this is the truth, that sets me free, that is all I have to say.
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
This discussion has been closed.