Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Go here for the original news post, which includes some new concept art :)

Perfect World: Genesis

An ancient Pan'Gu prophecy has foretold the destruction of Perfect World:

"There will be a time when the beautiful world will cease to exist as we know it today.

The land of Perfect World will suffer destruction the likes of which has never been seen. The world will be torn apart, leaving massive crevasses across its surface. The oceans will rage with turmoil and the tides will swallow everything in their path. The races of the world, thrown into chaos, will not understand what is happening to their beautiful world."

The time of the prophecy has come.

However, within the depths of the underground, an ancient race of people with arcane powers and innate psychic abilities has foreseen the coming of this post-apocalyptic world. In knowing the future, they have dedicated their lives to prepare for such a day. The time has now come for them to emerge from the underground. They must join the other races of Perfect World and fight alongside them through the coming disaster.

Players will be able to participate in helping to restore the world back to its Perfect state. What changes has the destruction brought upon our Perfect World? What new challenges await you? Prepare yourself for Genesis!

- New Race - The Earthguard
- Two new classes - "Seeker" and "Mystic"
- New areas to explore
- New dungeons
- New monsters and gear
- New guild bases

Perfect World: Genesis - Coming soon to a PWE Free-to-Play near you!

- PWE Staff
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:sad I want the concept art for the classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    oh no not again...
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yea, I wonder what they look like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • proskeetonurface
    proskeetonurface Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i can't find anything about genesis on the chinese website with it translated too o.o

why do i feel like they're just saying this to excite people and keep them to stay since so many are anticipating FW. i'm sure it wont be here for a while lol, and who knows how good it will be at that if not just how the games always been with just a new marketing ploy to get people to buy more anni packs

the new content will prob get boring as fast as tideborn did
  • Occult - Harshlands
    Occult - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2010

They JUST released these photos on the Chinese server. PWI copied them and posted them here in record time. There isn't ANY other information about these classes than area concept art.

Check here: http://w2i.wanmei.com/main.htm That will be more up to date with pictures.
  • Theochan - Raging Tide
    Theochan - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The concept art looks fantastic! Would love to see the concept art of the actual race though
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    will we be able to destroy gear from packs, and reset sin's levels to 0?

guild bases?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caelcross
    caelcross Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    New classes seem like a copy of the tideborns.. a magic class and a ranger/light armor type. Hope that im wrong and theyre not only more dd types and have some kind of mayor support role; if not this expansion couldve been done without them, since if they only more dd, itll be harder to find clerics and barbs around
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yay new expansion. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    They JUST released these photos on the Chinese server. PWI copied them and posted them here in record time. There isn't ANY other information about these classes than area concept art.

Check here: http://w2i.wanmei.com/main.htm That will be more up to date with pictures.

I am aware. Just saying that I really want to see what they look like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i can't find anything about genesis on the chinese website with it translated too o.o

why do i feel like they're just saying this to excite people and keep them to stay since so many are anticipating FW. i'm sure it wont be here for a while lol, and who knows how good it will be at that if not just how the games always been with just a new marketing ploy to get people to buy more anni packs

the new content will prob get boring as fast as tideborn did

PWI Genesis=PW China 2012

so someone talks about 2012 they are talking about genesis
  • proskeetonurface
    edited October 2010
    does it have to be implemented in the chinese version first before it comes here? (sorry im bad at how things work)

and if so, if its not in the chinese version now doesn't that kind of guarantee quite a wait?
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yay, a new class I wonder how they are going to be like! b:victory

Hopefully people will stop QQing about assassins and 5aps when they come out. b:pleased
    [/FONT]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • proskeetonurface
    edited October 2010
    PWI Genesis=PW China 2012

so someone talks about 2012 they are talking about genesis

yeah i found it, so its not coming till 2012 i guess. and then itll be a big expansion, figures pwi would announce it now so people can get excited only to wait b:pleased
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Cant find the old Site now, but on one of the original TB pages was a Phys flanked by a Brown haired non TB women with like a floating Red crystal in front of her ( not a soul sphere )

so its not coming till 2012 i guess

Nope The Chinese Versions Expension is " Called " 2012 while PWI is called Genesis . It has nothing to do with release dates
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Concept art looks amazing, once again Kudos to PW Beijing for choosing their artists wisely. Can't say I was ever so impressed with other comapnies concept art as much as I am with PW's.

The expansion came sooner than I thought, quite exciting. I hope they won't imbalance the game as our latest addition, at least won't be as OP. Personally, I hope the new dungeons and areas will raise more interest in the game both from veterans and new players. I gotta say this information already got my attention...

I can't wait to see how the race looks. b:shocked
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Looks interesting. I know I'll be around, I love PWI despite its many issues. *sigh* I just hope it lives up to the hype.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belith_ - Heavens Tear
    Belith_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This has really caught my attention, an incentive for me to keep playing b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mericle - Dreamweaver
    Mericle - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    #4 Today, 04:57 PM

Well I wouldn't say there's rumors, as it's new content that will be implemented around the same time Forsaken World is set to launch (not beta stages).

But I would hope that PWI would learn to fix what they have first before putting new content in, however that seems like a far fetched request at this point.

Less new stuff, more FIXES (IE: FIX THE RUBBER BANDING!!) b:scorn

Thanks for making me repost this... too.

b:surrender at the slowness of this topic placement.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Cant find the old Site now, but on one of the original TB pages was a Phys flanked by a Brown haired non TB women with like a floating Red crystal in front of her ( not a soul sphere )

Oi. You mean that one splash page? Yeah...that was a wizard. For the sake of argument, it wasn't the first time wizards were shown wielding fireballs and she has a wand at her hip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• proskeetonurface
    edited October 2010

Nope The Chinese Versions Expension is " Called " 2012 while PWI is called Genesis . It has nothing to do with release dates

how do you know it has nothing to do with release dates? just because the 2012 is in place of where our genesis is doesn't mean their date is being used just as a name and not instead what actual dates are meant to incite
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    how do you know it has nothing to do with release dates? just because the 2012 is in place of where our genesis is doesn't mean their date is being used just as a name and not instead what actual dates are meant to incite

We can't announce any release date yet, but I can absolutely assure you it's not gonna be in 2012 (it'll be sooner than that, of course) b:victory
  • breaker87
    breaker87 Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Its coming Decemberish... for china that is
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2010

By History. PWI/PW have only released expansion Info a few months before it is out .. Not over a year :/

Dont forget they have had 10 months (ish) to have been working on this since the TB release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • proskeetonurface
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ok fair enough but to gauge it then, how long after china gets it will we get it? anybody know off hand what the process took for tideborn once the chinese got it?
    If China gets it in December of 2010, then North America will likely get it 3 months later in March of 2011, as noted in the other thread on this topic (which probably ought to be referenced to here and then that other thread closed).

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=897772
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    New dungeons and guild bases... what does this meaaan?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • \_Rukia_/ - Sanctuary
    \_Rukia_/ - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    why does it say 2012 in he chinese website? isn't it going to be released soon?

- oh the new expansion is called perfect world 2012... oh geez >_> couldn't of thought of something better?
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I sincerely hope that this expansion saves this game from utter destruction!
    Thank you for announcing this, as we were all losing hope into this game, but now that this is going to be out, we're all going to be excited!
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    why does it say 2012 in he chinese website? isn't it going to be released soon?
    Based on other threads about this, I think it's just *called* 2012 because it's about ... a perfect world apocalypse? and what happens after. Has nothing to do with being released in 2012.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
This discussion has been closed.