Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PWI changed it I guess... But 3 seconds in Wanmei for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Anyone know what's up with the crazy redchat in game? Or is that just in LC?

lol GMs can't talk in system chat and share facts without people thinking it has a deeper meaning. idk it may have meaning . they might announce the date for the expansion.

but the people on Lost City world chat make us all look so bad. they act like 8 year olds.........b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • TankedBeast - Lost City
    TankedBeast - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Don't ya know? Most of them ARE 8 years old with their mommy's/daddy's credit card, or 30 year's old and have the mental capacity of an 8 year old. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced the expansion to LC last, just because of the idiots who spam WC daily...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Leader of Sangnati (Latin for Blood Born/Nation)
    We can be your best friend... Or your worst enemy...
    Which would you prefer?
    b:sin
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
    Yes, 5.0 really is OP. Yet, I still got it... b:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i tried reading from page 1-230 kinda skimming >_> couldnt see my question answered.

The UI seems diff. on the CN version. Will ours change too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i tried reading from page 1-230 kinda skimming >_> couldnt see my question answered.

The UI seems diff. on the CN version. Will ours change too?

Pretty much guaranteed.

That said, I heard we can choose which ui is used so we may not need to keep it if we don't like it.
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Pretty much guaranteed.

That said, I heard we can choose which ui is used so we may not need to keep it if we don't like it.

Yeah Rising Tide or Genesis. Your choice.
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Yeah Rising Tide or Genesis. Your choice.

yea i wish we could use the lost empire UI qq. that was my favorite lol.
    but i like that, cause the squad member icons for the new UI is humongous lol. makes my healing job harder xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Does Seeker have anything that helps against magic attack? BM has Marrow and Barb has high HP as well as a couple of magic shields. If they are HA and have no magic defense buff, they'll be quite squishy to all these R8 casters we have.
  • OsoGreen - Harshlands
    OsoGreen - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    oh no not again...

ikr? this is the same thing over and over againbb:cry
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Does Seeker have anything that helps against magic attack? BM has Marrow and Barb has high HP as well as a couple of magic shields. If they are HA and have no magic defense buff, they'll be quite squishy to all these R8 casters we have.

Def lvl increase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Def lvl increase.

Idk if that's enough... b:cold I get hit hard enough through demon Marrow already... I can't imagine a Seeker lasting too long w/o Marrow unless it's like 50 def lvl, or if the tele stun costs no chi and has a short c/d...
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Idk if that's enough... b:cold I get hit hard enough through demon Marrow already... I can't imagine a Seeker lasting too long w/o Marrow unless it's like 50 def lvl, or if the tele stun costs no chi and has a short c/d...

I think it maxes at 30 iirc. Which is not bad, but nothing amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • caveman24x
    caveman24x Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Dang I hope they announce the release at least a week in advance, seeing as I have a character waiting to be deleted (for name saving purposes). It would suck to have to wait seven days after the release before I can start my mystic lol.
  • IrishPain - Heavens Tear
    IrishPain - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think the ideas look good. I guess the two things that frustrate me the most are the fact they haven't repaired any of the missing texture glitches or released anything new for the original classes so they can keep up with some of the new ones.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Wanmei haven't release everything yet, got to wait and see...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klept - Harshlands
    Klept - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Next Expansion name: Slasing Wind b:laugh New race sky peoples New City: Skytopia lmao give me a break whats the point in having this expansion its adding a new map a guild house and 2 new classes which kind of already exist seeker= barb or atleast it sounds like one to me and mystic= cleric/ phycic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

May daxter shine upon you!
  • xcliqz
    xcliqz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Next Expansion name: Slasing Wind b:laugh New race sky peoples New City: Skytopia lmao give me a break whats the point in having this expansion its adding a new map a guild house and 2 new classes which kind of already exist seeker= barb or atleast it sounds like one to me and mystic= cleric/ phycic?

seeker is nothing like a barb at all...
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011

well, i hope you're joking, else your comment is plain and simple stupid.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Seeker is BM without stun...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No, a wizard without sutra!
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Whatever...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Whatever...
    Hehe Mooyb:cuteb:chuckle, well here's my view of them;

a stun-lock-less, AoE-crazy, elemental-debuffing, ranged Sword BM who was mistakenly taught skills by a drunk Archer and Wizzy couple!!!

b:laughb:laugh
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Next Expansion name: Slashing Wind New race: Sky peoples New City: Skytopia[...]

(Please note that this is speculation. no new expansion has been announced it just makes sense that there will be another one.)

Well I'm looking forward to it lol, I think by that time I will be rich enough to power level a new char or 2 to level 100 the day of launch LOL.

No, a wizard without sutra!
    Whatever...
    [No they are]a stun-lock-less, AoE-crazy, elemental-debuffing, ranged Sword BM who was mistakenly taught skills by a drunk Archer and Wizzy couple!!!

I loled so hard LOL b:laugh
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
  • yan00
    yan00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    someone told me when the new expansion comes out, u can't hyper in frost anymore, is that true? can only grind and oracle to 100 like the old days?
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    yan00 wrote: »
    someone told me when the new expansion comes out, u can't hyper in frost anymore, is that true? can only grind and oracle to 100 like the old days?

Rumor.

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    I am still under age, can't drink. So I am not a drunk archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I am still under age, can't drink. So I am not a drunk archer.
    No no no Mooy!b:chuckle
    I wasn't referring to u in the least, I meant archer in the sense that Seekers have physical skills that do metal damage and of the sort xD

I meant no insult to you personally =)

*EDIT: LOL! I just saw why you thought I meant you xDD. I was never referring to you and Ruxal, that was PURE coincidence as I was thinking along the lines of the elemental abilities and their zhen skills, I wasnt watching the classes who commented at allb:surrender
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Luvlylinda - Sanctuary
    Luvlylinda - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Go here for the original news post, which includes some new concept art :)

Perfect World: Genesis

An ancient Pan'Gu prophecy has foretold the destruction of Perfect World:

"There will be a time when the beautiful world will cease to exist as we know it today.

The land of Perfect World will suffer destruction the likes of which has never been seen. The world will be torn apart, leaving massive crevasses across its surface. The oceans will rage with turmoil and the tides will swallow everything in their path. The races of the world, thrown into chaos, will not understand what is happening to their beautiful world."

The time of the prophecy has come.

However, within the depths of the underground, an ancient race of people with arcane powers and innate psychic abilities has foreseen the coming of this post-apocalyptic world. In knowing the future, they have dedicated their lives to prepare for such a day. The time has now come for them to emerge from the underground. They must join the other races of Perfect World and fight alongside them through the coming disaster.

Players will be able to participate in helping to restore the world back to its Perfect state. What changes has the destruction brought upon our Perfect World? What new challenges await you? Prepare yourself for Genesis!

- New Race - The Earthguard
    - Two new classes - "Seeker" and "Mystic"
    - New areas to explore
    - New dungeons
    - New monsters and gear
    - New guild bases

Perfect World: Genesis - Coming soon to a PWE Free-to-Play near you!

- PWE Staff
    i dont see anything here bout the guild bases but reading the site first it says u have to do 40v40 war for resources very unfair to low lvl guilds when u look at the actual description it says u can use mats and coin for the bases i have been saving coin for this base and my faction and i are more then willing to build and upgrade it but having to fight for the mats is extremely unfair and we are nto no where enar prepared for. IS THERE NO BETTER MORE FAIR WAY OF DOING THIS????????????? also as faction leader shouldnt i b getting offered in depth info on how this will b handled via email u have my email b:sad
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    ~snip~
    also as faction leader shouldnt i b getting offered in depth info on how this will b handled via email u have my email b:sad

PWI: Genesis doesn't even have an official launch date yet, and you're wanting information about something like that? I would guess that it will be told to us here when the PWE team is ready, around when they finally announce a release date.

However, there has been speculation about what is required to make a guild base, so you are likely to have some kind of idea of what to expect.

Finally, PWE won't tell things related to factions to faction leaders before everybody else...it will be released as a news post to the community as a whole.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Next Expansion name: Slasing Wind b:laugh New race sky peoples New City: Skytopia
    i LOL'd

lmao give me a break whats the point in having this expansion its adding a new map a guild house and 2 new classes which kind of already exist seeker= barb or atleast it sounds like one to me and mystic= cleric/ phycic?
    i stopped LOL'ing

your kidding right ? ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
This discussion has been closed.