Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Isn't it like NcSoft / Bluehole = L3 and Terra problem ?
    Maybe old ASCO team was making their " Terra " right now.
    b:bye

There so many project left unfinished because of the company, developer , or economy problem, which trigger the real " creator " to left the company.

b:bye

Even on games like FF b:chuckle

Will be great if these creators can work together for master piece.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @Mooy
    damn.. that would've been awesome ._."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    What Mooy said was some good insight <3

I got a question. I'v read this somewhere before about Seeker builds, what I'v head the most is seeker build = Sword BM build. But does the seeker get the same amount of HP per Vit as BM?
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • Trey_B - Lost City
    Trey_B - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    its official the expansion is coming out last week of feb that sucks i wanted to play early o well
  • Elvis_ - Lost City
    Elvis_ - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    its official the expansion is coming out last week of feb that sucks i wanted to play early o well

Whered you hear this? (me thinks you talkin out of ur tite A$$
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    wow Mooy, well, I always said Devs in here have no idea what they are doing and they just fkup the game balance with trial/error.
    Mooy post is the proof.
    Thanks Mooy, many thanks.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    While it makes for an interesting story, none of us here have proof to support or negate that post. So I will take it with a grain of salt. However all of us can clearly see that whoever is responsible for the development of the game has been slack in certain areas e.g rubber-banding. Also game balance and work to reward ratios are definitely not well taken care of.
  • Stubbie - Heavens Tear
    Stubbie - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ^^meh in my opinion i think stealth is just one factor that makes sin OP but the main reason is aps and their range damage. If their aps isnt ridiculously fast then people will have enuff time to react : AD, expel , BoC, shrink away ... ^^ i just hate that sumtimes i died w/o charm ticking becoz of the 5 crit in a row b:shocked. Stealth has always been in many games , it is annoying to pk rogue class but other class can still deal with it unlike pwi with its stupid aps rate.
  • HEALERKIZNA - Heavens Tear
    HEALERKIZNA - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Whered you hear this? (me thinks you talkin out of ur tite A$$

lol here is were he read it: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=189791
    first sentance.

lol on a side note will seekers be useing dual swords/blades.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    While it makes for an interesting story, none of us here have proof to support or negate that post. So I will take it with a grain of salt. However all of us can clearly see that whoever is responsible for the development of the game has been slack in certain areas e.g rubber-banding. Also game balance and work to reward ratios are definitely not well taken care of.

so you're basically saying we don't have hard proof, but everything that's happening ingame is actually in support of that post? b:laugh
    No one has hard proof, and you won't ever have it on a public forum. What do you want as hard proof? the code base sold by Archosaur to Wanmei and the signed papers of the contract? Come on, don't be ridiculous, judge with the facts that you have in hand, see what conclusion you reach.

@HEALERKIZNA
    Stealth is one of the many problems with sins, but not the only one. Their aps and dmg output overshadow absolutely everything ingame. And by overshadow I mean completely obliterate any kind of competition. Being able to deal in certain sittuations about up to 10x more damage than any other class considered DD is unheard of doesn't matter what kind of fkup MMO we're talking about.

Is anything gonna change any time soon? Nah. No way.
    For a while I had a small hope they will nerf APS. Now I'm SURE they won't do it, simply because they have no idea how. Anni packs came with gear made by a PManager on a whiteboard. They broke the game mechanics and couldn't figure out how to fix it yet. The bad thing for players is that with this broken mechanic they ar still making money. A lot of them.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The Archosaur Studio was planned to create a large virtual world that has five large cities like Archosaur. The which is base on the five elements. City of the Black Emperor, Ancient Ice, water; City of the Red Emperor, Mandala, fire; City of the White Emperor, Never Fall, metal; City of the Green Emperor, Peace, wood; City of the Yellow Emperor, Archosaur, earth.

Interesting. I have seen stuff like that before, but not quite to that scale.
    But because we no longer have Archosaur Studio, we will never get real large expansion like this because the Wanmei don't know the code. Archosaur Studio also known as ACSO, which is short for Archosaur (I know ACSO also mean other thing).

I kinda take issue with this. If people couldn't do a good job working on other people's code, stuff like the open source development would be impossible. Also, additional "Five Element" cities would actually not be as difficult to code as it sounds. It's largely quest and map making which the current dev team has proven they're capable of. The hardest part would probably be letting the cube of fate teleport someone to any "Element City."

That said, the original dev team could have had a better chance to avoid certain issues that have popped up "recently" like aps. The current devs aren't the best at code maintenance either.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i'd wish what mooy said woulda came true, and not unfinished. sound like it could be very nice QQ.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The main thing sin seem op is stealth, which allow them to stun first, giving huge disadvantage to range classes since they rely on range to give them more time. If Wanmei do let self center AoE to be no target cast and earthguard allow to see sin as the rumor saying, then it may become more balance and also rise the popularity of Earthguard. Earthguard are completely nothing for now, both class waste too many mp. Seeker, vit str based class, need to use skill all the time. Mystic, although base on mag, high mp cost on healing and summon. Not much people is going to play this race until they release Sage/Demon and lvl 79, lvl 100 skills. Most people looking forward to the lvl 79 and lvl 100 skills since all skills they got...really not helping them much.

*Sigh* Got to agree with the guy here... http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1677705&extra=page%3D2&page=1

This thread maybe remove from the CN forum soon, so I saved it in my computer.

Basicly here is what the thread is about:

The dev of Perfect World, Archosaur Studio, created the game Perfect World. Later, they combine with Wanmei company. But after a few years, the member of Archosaur Studio were fired, or leave. So it end up a half finished game to Wanmei. After they left, all the expansion, like warsong and whatever, are no real expansion, they are some sort of ad to catch people's attention. The Archosaur Studio was planned to create a large virtual world that has five large cities like Archosaur. The which is base on the five elements. City of the Black Emperor, Ancient Ice, water; City of the Red Emperor, Mandala, fire; City of the White Emperor, Never Fall, metal; City of the Green Emperor, Peace, wood; City of the Yellow Emperor, Archosaur, earth. If the Dev from Archosaur Studio are still here, we may get all five cities. Its not surpriseing people in PWI never question about it because people in here don't get all information. The background story from PWCN is not translate into English. With the map we got here, if we expand the whole thing, imagin how large will the world will be. And in this game you don't need to load to other map. But because we no longer have Archosaur Studio, we will never get real large expansion like this because the Wanmei don't know the code. Archosaur Studio also known as ACSO, which is short for Archosaur (I know ACSO also mean other thing).

So what do you, the players from PWI, think? About the the old dev's plan. BTW the author of this thread in Wanmei got banned twice already for posting that, seem like Wanmei is telling him to be quiet...

i LOL'd at how true this was b:surrender

id love to see a map that big tbh. sounds like a good expansion lol (but will sadly never come to pass).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The reason why that guy in Wanmei make a thread about it, is because Wanmei change the story and say 1k Stream is the City of Black Emperor, which everyone who read the background story will know that 1k Stream really isn't City of Black Emperor. Like other post said, there are meant to be a large expansion on North (Water), West (Metal), East (Wood), and South (Fire). This is the background story: http://w2i.wanmei.com/newplayer/begin/20091027/36462.shtml

1. Pangu (everyone know what happened)
    2. Begining of Gods
    3. Begining of Human
    4. Begining of Untamed
    5. Begining of Winged Elf
    6. Legend of Sage and Demon
    7. Bloody Water Disaster
    8. Place above Sky
    9. Begining of Wraith
    10. Begining of Spirit
    11. Day of Destory
    12. Promise of the Gods
    13. Gods Dessert their Children
    14. Revival of Trouble
    15. Rumor
    16. Unicorn Massacre
    17. Etherblade Island
    18. Sky Covering Wing
    19. City of Black Emperor
    20. City of White Emperor
    21. Heaven's Tear
    22. Legend of the Heir of Gods
    23. Thousand Stream
    24. City of Yellow Emperor
    25. Captials of Five Emperor
    26. Magical Door
    27. Legend of Flying
    28. Dreamwaver Port
    29. Diary of Twilight Empire
    30. Twilight Temple
    31. Tideborn's Background Story

So according to the background story, there should be other four city that represent other elements. PW is heavily base on Taoism. They should not miss that. That background stories are short, I should able to translate them pretty fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PWI has a story?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PWI has a story?

Yes but sadly it got lost in translation. They tried to recover it by googling Wanmei ... Hit W and A .. noticed " Wall Street " and greed has been good ever since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wow, interesting revelation there! Thanks for posting! Can't wait to hear the rest of this, especially the story. Our version of the story dosen't really fit perfectly in with quests stories and some places in the map. b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Can't wait till expasion comes out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PWI has a story?
    yeah

http://pwwiki.levelupgames.ph/index.php/Lore

dunno where the rest are tho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    I don't think this website is a good reference...even the class and race as well as other information are incomplete...

I putted the translated part here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=981092 I hope I can finish all background story about all three races tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
    edited January 2011
    I don't think this website is a good reference...even the class and race as well as other information are incomplete...

I putted the translated part here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=981092 I hope I can finish all background story about all three races tonight.
    well its kinda (alot) incomplete but its good for starters. It explained in 14 paragraphs what the chinese version explained in 1 paragraph.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    that truth is in turquoise .
    the thing is though that mystic's trap summon can only be summoned when the person is targeted and acts as a summon+ attack. so it cant be healed.
    so if a sin were to come up behind you ,it simply would not work the way as you implied. unless ,of course, you were fighting the sin before it went into stealth.

okay, okay, i just got owned on that one, i'll admit it. but there are still acouple good defences for ranged lasses so they can stand a chance. La rock shield wizard, godly physical def, is a ranged class, and the high Pdef gives them more of a chance agenst sins. same goes with La clerics, and same will go with LA mystics. the option is there, and there is a biuld to stand up to it abit, but nobody really uses it, because La on magic users always gets a bad reputation fer some reason, unless yer a cleric, or a fox form veno that is. LA on a veno is better fer fox form, and nobody cares aslong as the cleric can keep them alive.

that being said, while the high Pdef on those ranged users allows them ta put up more of a fight, even with that amount of Pdef, none of them have the hp amounts to stand up to 5.0aps, it's just impossible, so again, thank you pwi game developers for releasing a well balanced game, just nerf 5.0aps already, okay? top it at 2.0, or 2.5 aps tops, and cap a magic user's -% channeling at 25%. sound fair enough?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
    edited January 2011
    People in Wanmei are trying to **** into the information of unrelease lvl 79 lvl100 skills. So far nothing....the name they **** out is "Heaven's Tear" *Sigh*
    o.o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

pple in Wanmei seem very desperate
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    top it at 2.0, or 2.5 aps tops, and cap a magic user's -% channeling at 25%. sound fair enough?

Er... I'm a bit weary of capping channeling with the mystics coming. For better or worse, they do have a 5 sec channel on Soul Absorb.

There are probably better ways to balance things out without employing additional caps. May prove better to "adjust" the smaller pieces that allow 5.0 aps to work.
    o.o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

pple in Wanmei seem very desperate

If pwi was developed here and not in china, the people here would be trying just as hard. XD
    edited January 2011
    Er... I'm a bit weary of capping channeling with the mystics coming. For better or worse, they do have a 5 sec channel on Soul Absorb.

There are probably better ways to balance things out without employing additional caps. May prove better to "adjust" the smaller pieces that allow 5.0 aps to work.

define "adjust" plz? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    define "adjust" plz? o.o

Polite way to say nerf. o.o
    edited January 2011
    Polite way to say nerf. o.o

oh, lol. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    La rock shield wizard, godly physical def, is a ranged class, and the high Pdef gives them more of a chance agenst sins. same goes with La clerics,

that being said, while the high Pdef on those ranged users allows them ta put up more of a fight, even with that amount of Pdef, ?

you can actually generate high/higher pdef on an all mag wiz by using pdef stones or +1 def level stones in your armor rather than using LA. Your armor defense rating would be congruant to a Bm in all HA with Bell on, possibly higher. LA IS a good build, dont get me wrong, but it takes away too much from a Wiz to me a meaningful build in the end, and makes it much much harder to fight other squishies in the end.

clerics, venos and Psy's can pull off LA for multiple different reasons.
    Clerics have a huge amount of buffs that they can cast upon themselves to more than balance the playing field, not to mention casting constant heals.
    Venos can get away with Heavy armor due to their "cash shop advantage" of the Nix pet, HA venos btw are frightening, not so much to casters, but to melees and archers, they're not easily trifled with.
    Psy's can get away with any set of armor because of their Voodoos. A LA/HA Psychic can be a dominating force in Melee range because of their functional "Bramblehood" buff.
    Wizzy's CAN use LA, but if you're not using your mobility to your advantage as a wizard, well you're not playing it smart. Wizzys have the greatest mobility in combat over any other class, being able to leap away father than any class (only class able to catch them is a sin)

the thing about aps that makes people complain is the fact that a 5.0 user can perma spark someone to death. In a fight between a 5.0 sin and any wizz, the fight can truly go either way. As long as the Wiz gets the first stun, he wins.

The issue with primary stun will later on become an issue with Seekers employing a stun-tackle similar to Sins

On the bright side, I guess people will see it coming this time :P
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    The only way the wiz can stun sin first is sin don't go in stealth, also focus mind help dodge magic attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Psy's can get away with any set of armor because of their Voodoos. A LA/HA Psychic can be a dominating force in Melee range because of their functional "Bramblehood" buff.

no, no no no, no no no no, no, no.... no.... completely incorrect. psychics can only be functional proporly with arcane armor. with LA or HA equip, they cannot have both a full armor set of their level and a weapon of their level equip at once. therefor, unless they're wearing arcane armor, not a fully functional class.

oh, and how would LA effect being able ta use the jump skill on a wiz, and other "squishies" ain't meh target, melee classes, and archers are. and an La wiz= an archer's worst nightmare, arrow slingin ****...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.