Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    To gelus, may be better to ask Olivassin, I haven't lvled my mystic too much :D

Mhh... i don't know how to record / post PWI videos on youtube... i get them with FRAPS in raw, then compress in a good format [which doesn't lower the quality at all] but when i publish it on youtube you can't see nothing, everything is blurry x.x

And my mystic is lvl29 with culti done.... at lvl 29 you only get the 4th trap-like summon, wood mastery and single spark eruption. At lvl 33 i would get the 3rd summon, but i think i will leave it there.

Lag gets me crazy... about 2 seconds of ping, and if i play when it's evening in china i get miniDCs of 20 seconds [it doesn't say me i'm disconnected but everything gets hanged in-game]
    Plus from now on i will need to find help to do FBs, culti bosses, and i can't speak chinese [and no one there seems to sepak enlgish o.O]
  • /
gelus - Raging Tide7
    / gelus - Raging Tide7 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Mhh... i don't know how to record / post PWI videos on youtube... i get them with FRAPS in raw, then compress in a good format [which doesn't lower the quality at all] but when i publish it on youtube you can't see nothing, everything is blurry x.x

And my mystic is lvl29 with culti done.... at lvl 29 you only get the 4th trap-like summon, wood mastery and single spark eruption. At lvl 33 i would get the 3rd summon, but i think i will leave it there.

Lag gets me crazy... about 2 seconds of ping, and if i play when it's evening in china i get miniDCs of 20 seconds [it doesn't say me i'm disconnected but everything gets hanged in-game]
    Plus from now on i will need to find help to do FBs, culti bosses, and i can't speak chinese [and no one there seems to sepak enlgish o.O]

LOL no worries oli i will wait till expansion comes to try it my self b:faint
  • ZeverEdge - Lost City
    ZeverEdge - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I await the awesomesauceness of this new PWI chapterb:victoryb:thanks

PS: a Big thanks to the persons who are giving us these sweet previews and frankie, luv ya allb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Haters: So...is the game dead yet?b:question

PWI Community: Pretty much, West Arch is still the laggiest place.

PWI Economy: Agreed, and there is still active gold tradingb:surrender

Hooray for death of PWI!!!b:kissb:victory
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I hope it balances a very imbalanced game. The new classes look cool though, hope mystic doesn't replace venos though.

and lol@kites
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I really want to play a seeker, but it seems like they kill so slowly compared to mystics, the class my gf is planning on rolling, and I don't want to feel useless when we quest together b:surrender. Though that def level buff looks sexy. I wonder how much it gives at level 10. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The buff Def Lvl has the same pattern growth than the barb's HP buff, so I guess it maybe +30 Def Lvl at lvl10 lol
  • /
gelus - Raging Tide7
    edited December 2010
    The buff Def Lvl has the same pattern growth than the barb's HP buff, so I guess it maybe +30 Def Lvl at lvl10 lol

I never actualy knew that def and attk lvl +30 def lvl means how mush phy def?
  • Milley - Heavens Tear
    Milley - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sheril(sorry if i didnt spell ur name right) How can u play?r u a GM?Or is it already avaible in your country?I dont know when it is released in my country.b:laugh
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    [QUOTE=/
    gelus - Raging Tide;11263022]I never actualy knew that def and attk lvl +30 def lvl means how mush phy def?[/QUOTE]

It's a little under +30% extra physical and magic defense.

Basically +1 def level means you have the defense of someone 1 level higher than you, which is roughly 1%. Though in the higher defense levels (50% and higher) it starts to suffer from really bad diminishing returns and pretty much gets you nowhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • /
gelus - Raging Tide7
    edited December 2010

Basically +1 def level means you have the defense of someone 1 level higher than you, which is roughly 1%. Though in the higher defense levels (50% and higher) it starts to suffer from really bad diminishing returns and pretty much gets you nowhere.

hmm so lets see im lvl 30 and i got a buff activated that give +30 def lvl it means i have the same defense as a lvl 60 player?
  • lozlozza123
    lozlozza123 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Does any1 know what a Mystics build will be?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010

This is incorrect. Attack and defense levels are a separate mechanic from physical and magical defense: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Attack_and_Defense_Levels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    edited December 2010

Probably all the traditional magic ones: pure arcane (9 mag, 1 str), vit arcane (2 vit, 1 str, 7 mag - variations) or maybe even a light armour build (1 str, 1 dex, 3 mag)

Won't know till it comes out. :)
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Sheril(sorry if i didnt spell ur name right) How can u play?r u a GM?Or is it already avaible in your country?I dont know when it is released in my country.

I'm playing the chinese test server :D

Probably many builds can be imagined : to the pure arcane int or arcane vit build, LA or even HA builds could be imagined (actually similar to venos builds), depends on how you want to play.

Trying a pure int arcane on the test server :D
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Probably many builds can be imagined : to the pure arcane int or arcane vit build, LA or even HA builds could be imagined (actually similar to venos builds), depends on how you want to play.

I'm playing a pure int arcane on the test server :D

Sherilys, could you tell me how much hp per vit those Mystics get? is it usual arcane 10, or a little more like venos? b:cute

Thanks dearest, for all the info.
  • /
gelus - Raging Tide7
    edited December 2010
    I'm playing the chinese test server :D

Trying a pure int arcane on the test server :D

lol might be funny to see a mystic in HA b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    People thought that about venos too. >:3

then it became one of the most powerful pvp veno builds. :D
  • /
gelus - Raging Tide7
    edited December 2010
    People thought that about venos too. >:3

b:shockedb:shocked ouch! lol i might have a light mystic ^^

PS: i saw a chinise pw video with a 5aps veno :OO
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Mystic gets 10 vit/point, Seeker is 15/point.

Some details on the mystic's green looking buff :
    - At lvl3, it adds +24% pdef but also for Water and Wood Elements (only those 2), for 30min. It's a squad buff.
  • Milley - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Sherilys, can any1 go on the test server?if so do u have to download it?and if not how do i get it?
  • /
gelus - Raging Tide7
    edited December 2010
    Mystic gets 10 vit/point, Seeker is 15/point.

Some details on the mystic's green looking buff :
    - At lvl3, it adds +24% pdef but also for Water and Wood Elements (only those 2), for 30min. It's a squad buff.

AI CARAMBA!b:shocked Thats like the bm skill right? :O lol but instead of 25% in lvl 3 its 24%
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010

[QUOTE=/
    gelus - Raging Tide;11263182]hmm so lets see im lvl 30 and i got a buff activated that give +30 def lvl it means i have the same defense as a lvl 60 player?[/QUOTE]

ignore what that guy said, he hasnt a clue.

defense and attack levels are basicly a %, so the +30 attack levels simply means that, you will do 30% extra damage from what you already did, put simply:

if you did 100 damage a hit, you now do 130 with the +30 attack level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • /
gelus - Raging Tide7
    edited December 2010
    ignore what that guy said, he hasnt a clue.

defense and attack levels are basicly a %, so the +30 attack levels simply means that, you will do 30% extra damage from what you already did, put simply:

if you did 100 damage a hit, you now do 130 with the +30 attack level.

OH LOL I was confused but i got it now thanks alot renza b:laugh
  • lozlozza123
    lozlozza123 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sherilys, can any1 go on the test server?if so do u have to download it?and if not how do i get it?

I was wondering the exact same thing. Does any1 know how to get this chinese test server?
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    o.o x.x dunno who to choose.

Mystic with tanking capablities at 23. (as well as that orb attack and auto-res features)

Seeker with epic AoEs at lvl 29. :L only move I disliked of them is there spinning range attack.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    o.o x.x dunno who to choose.

Mystic with tanking capablities at 23. (as well as that orb attack and auto-res features)

Seeker with epic AoEs at lvl 29. :L only move I disliked of them is there spinning range attack.

Same here. b:surrender I love seeker's skills and thought that it might be the first tanking class I would play, but on the other hand I can finally have my male veno... lol

And btw how are we going to abbreviate seeker and mystic? b:chuckle
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    Showboat - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Same here. b:surrender I love seeker's skills and thought that it might be the first tanking class I would play, but on the other hand I can finally have my male veno... lol

seek and myst
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2010

eek and stic

"LF stic for blah blah blah..." b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Milley - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Guys, Does Genesis come out of the test server and into all servers in 3 days?because today is the 5th and they said it was coming out in the 8th but im not sure which year or month they meant?Can som1 plz help by telling me the date it comes out in ALL countries and not just china?b:thanks
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Guys, Does Genesis come out of the test server and into all servers in 3 days?because today is the 5th and they said it was coming out in the 8th but im not sure which year or month they meant?Can som1 plz help by telling me the date it comes out in ALL countries and not just china?b:thanks

Dec 8th is for China, PWI still unknown... b:surrender
    eek and stic

I like this one more lol. b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.