Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Options

Comments

• Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yw, I'll try to check in the new guild house system but not sure how to get access to it.
    There's a new cool looking npc in every town, which is probably related to it ><

So basically, seekers use the same normal swords as BMs for skills? I thought they had to use magic damage for some skills?

To tell truth, i was hopping they would have to use magic swords only. Most of them look like claymores.

Seekers do have magic skills, well at least one ranged one, it works similar to archers ones. It uses your P.atk to deal magic dmg, wood I think.

I'm not sure but it seems in the skill tree their skills split in 2 paths : one is regular melee skills and the 2nd one are magic ones.

I'll be able to check 4 new skills once I hit 29 with culti done b:laugh
  • AzureDemon - Dreamweaver
    AzureDemon - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yw, I'll try to check in the new guild house system but not sure how to get access to it.
    There's a new cool looking npc in every town, which is probably related to it ><

Seekers do have magic skills, well at least one ranged one, it works similar to archers ones. It uses your P.atk to deal magic dmg, wood I think.

I'm not sure but it seems in the skill tree their skills split in 2 paths : one is regular melee skills and the 2nd one are magic ones.

But all range ones are patk based like archers :( darn and here i was hoping for super evil attacks using patk and matk lol.

so str effects weapon/skill damage like most phy?

God speed on leveling.
  • kitaoujix
    kitaoujix Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Fashions!!! One of the set is really *sexy* lol we can see panties b:shocked

http://img443.imageshack.us/i/fashionsfix.png/

http://img585.imageshack.us/i/fashion.png/

Sherilys can you confirm me this?
    In the first picture the top right girl (the one in the long dress) is a mystic right? And all the others are seekers?

I'm asking this just to make sure about their pose :P As seekers (Assuming I'm right about who is who) seem to have a more natural and sexier pose.

P.S-> Aaaaaaaand thanks for all the work you've been making... even though it's making me even more excited xD you're awesome!!
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No I took all fashions screens with the seeker, I turned her around so we can see the fashion haircut better.
  • Vv_Dan_vV - Dreamweaver
    Vv_Dan_vV - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Seeing how every website you go on looking for information about the release date they all say december 2010, so i am going too guess at a release date 2 weeks in, so around the 14th too 18th.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Neh. It will prob be 5th of Januari.. They have to exploid this rep sale bullshiet first. Then trow in the expansion.. People will find out that the new classes come with omgimsoop armor, and everyone has cashshopped R8 and R9 for nothing b:bye
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Let PWI die, they might rebuild it xD
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sherilys,

I want to say thank you for keeping a positive outlook on this, and keeping the info coming. While I am upset about the new wonderous crash of pwi, I am also happy that you're so dilligent about informing us about Genesis. You're doing a good thing, by keeping this alive with good news, I just hope the EG can still be viable when they're released b:cry

Getting info on the expansion does give me some hope that we may get some, I dunno balance? With the talk of new weapons in the guild housing, seems like a mild, but reasonable assist for people who dont have the money to buy rank9 for this christmas Season for myself.

Please keep us informed about this as much as you can, its a small hope that keeps me excited, for at least the seeker

speaking of genesis, seeker/mystic etc
    dont forget to stock up on enough badges/chips to get them full r8.r9 when they come out! b:pleased

trololol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Got the 4th trap-like summon : D [avaiable from lvl29, after culti]

this time it sleeps. here's how it looks like:
    Scam

and the skill description:
    6-5
    Scam (level 1)
    Range: [18.4]m
    MP cost: [305]
    Channeling: 1.0 seconds
    Casting: 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 30 seconds
    Weapons: Magic instruments, unarmed
    Lvl up: 29+5k

Summon a scam to help you to fight. Scam has a chance to put enemies into sleep for 6 seconds.
    When Scam detonates, it will explode and cause some damage, and there is a great chance to make all target arround it go sleep for [8.5] seconds.
    Will disapear after 1 minute

Costs 30 chi

Olivassin
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    edit: i posted this in another place.... glitchy pw-forum <.<
  • /
gelus - Raging Tide4
    / gelus - Raging Tide4 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

I was wondering.. if u could do a mystic skill video with lvl 29 and culti doneb:surrender
  • /
gelus - Raging Tide4
    / gelus - Raging Tide4 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Got the 4th trap-like summon : D [avaiable from lvl29, after culti]

this time it sleeps. here's how it looks like:
    Scam

and the skill description:
    6-5
    Scam (level 1)
    Range: [18.4]m
    MP cost: [305]
    Channeling: 1.0 seconds
    Casting: 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 30 seconds
    Weapons: Magic instruments, unarmed
    Lvl up: 29+5k

Summon a scam to help you to fight. Scam has a chance to put enemies into sleep for 6 seconds.
    When Scam detonates, it will explode and cause some damage, and there is a great chance to make all target arround it go sleep for [8.5] seconds.
    Will disapear after 1 minute

Costs 30 chi

Olivassin

Thanks you so much for the skills info!b:victory
  • k0rin
    k0rin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    aoe sleepb:shutup sounds rly nice
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wrong thread ignore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Fashions!!! One of the set is really *sexy* lol we can see panties b:shocked

http://img443.imageshack.us/i/fashionsfix.png/

http://img585.imageshack.us/i/fashion.png/

Yay~ More things to keep me interested b:laugh
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Any chance you can find forges for the new expansion gear? How does it compare to Nirvana / R9? I hope they aren't hidden somewhere...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Any chance you can find forges for the new expansion gear? How does it compare to Nirvana / R9? I hope they aren't hidden somewhere...

As I understand it, most these new gears are tied to the guild base? And she said she couldn't access/get info on the bases atm

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=927072&highlight=guild+base
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

I heard it was special forge for G13 gear but not comparable to nirvana or r9 . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I heard it was special forge for G13 gear but not comparable to nirvana or r9 . .

It seems like they have to add *something* that at least beats Nirvana else there is nothing new in the expansion for end game players (other than rerolling a new class).

Aren't they trying to beat the Rising Tide expansion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hi, i've been off the game for about 4-5months now, and i saw this new expansion, and i was wondering if i should come back....i like the game but it gets boring, then i like it again, then it gets boring xD...i just need suggestions on a good class to play thats useful and doesn't get boring?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    stay away..... stay FAR away....... (go read the other threads on the first page about the surprise patch last night)
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey! How about we all go out for a pizza n stuff..?
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Which Mystic skill is the long channeling orb attack? haha I like it :)

b:dirty Must have Gothic Lolita Kuroneko. <3
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The seeker does have a swords/blades mastery, funny thing it doesn't show on the skill tree (it has a icon with crossed swords).

Also it doesn't seem to have a similar "blood paint"...

on the other hand, they get a self buff that gives +12 Def. Lvl at the lvl1 skill (I assume it's self buff since it doesn't have a "range" in the description).

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/909/buffz.png

Edit : Oh I also got a cool looking aoe, one spark use, 15.5m casting range, 8.4m dmg range, has a 55% chance to decrease pdef by 17% for 10 sec... at lvl1. It does magic dmg :D

That aoe is the strongest skill dmg wise I got atm.
  • Voice_Boy - Heavens Tear
    Voice_Boy - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm still disappointed ..
    the "pets" of the mystic are so weird,,
    I think they should have elements/Nature Pets
    As the "rock men" / water dragons and more ..
    the "trap summons" skills (like "Scam") are very nice ..
    but the pet are =b:fatb lol
  • Siriner - Sanctuary
    Siriner - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm still disappointed ..
    the "pets" of the mystic are so weird,,
    I think they should have elements/Nature Pets
    As the "rock men" / water dragons and more ..
    the "trap summons" skills (like "Scam") are very nice ..
    but the pet are =b:fatb lol

Probably bottleneck for the mystic so it would balance out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oink!
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Got my 2nd AoE, made a video :D

Funny thing is the blue looking aoe has a red icon and the red looking aoe has a blue icon... b:chuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-rQkGVz-70
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Got my 2nd AoE, made a video :D

Funny thing is the blue looking aoe has a red icon and the red looking aoe has a blue icon... b:chuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-rQkGVz-70

Now I'm torn. I don't know either to try Mystic or Seeker first. That's one cool looking claymore b:laugh
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I will actively check these thread and if i found something interesting, i will post it here. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Oooh I just understood how worked 2 of the self-buffs.
    Those are some sort of "combos", buff combined with a certain skill use.

- The first buff adds a debuff Def lvl to the "purple icon" melee skill, that lasts 8 sec.
    - The second buff adds a remote stun to one of the aoe.

How it works : when the mob is taking dmg with one of the self-buff activated (you can only activate one of the 2 buffs), you have a chance to "mark" the ennemy with a debuff which activates only when using a specific skill.

Ex : I activate the second buff, I start attacking a mob, within a chance I mark the mob with a sword icon debuff then when I use the specific aoe it gets stunned.

Edit : Confirmed that the +12 Def Lvl buff isn't a squad buff but only a self buff. Tried to use in squad several times and members wasn't getting it.
This discussion has been closed.