Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• DevineWrath - Harshlands
    DevineWrath - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i just want the expansion to come out already dang it like seriously LOL :P
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Frankie said we should be getting a lot more information on the expansion this week. When I first read it (his post on General Sumner's sale) I thought he meant the expansion was coming this week. Now that I read it again, I think he meant the information is coming this week.

I guess we'll find out on Tuesday after maintenance.
  • faroah
    faroah Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I just want the new expansion to come out.
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    According to the Wanmei site, the expansion is going live on December 8. They have the patch download links already, and a video about the expansion is there (cheesy, but neat).

Wanmei page on Genesis
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    According to the Wanmei site, the expansion is going live on December 8. They have the patch download links already, and a video about the expansion is there (cheesy, but neat).

Wanmei page on Genesis

We've been aware for quite some time that the Chinese version is getting the expansion this week.

We're supposedly getting our expansion later because they have to take time to translate all of it, which they easily could have been doing during this test server time. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'll be ressing my thread in a minute, i was waiting for all the QQ to go down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bravest5893
    bravest5893 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'll be ressing my thread in a minute, i was waiting for all the QQ to go down.

Ty Lupumid. I like ur thread.b:victory It is at least better than finding info buried in 133 pages b:surrender
  • Imalahy - Lost City
    Imalahy - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Frankie said we should be getting a lot more information on the expansion this week. When I first read it (his post on General Sumner's sale) I thought he meant the expansion was coming this week. Now that I read it again, I think he meant the information is coming this week.

I guess we'll find out on Tuesday after maintenance.

so hopefully it's true that more information is needed about the fence so expansion out next year, but would like to leave as close as possible b:surrender b:sad
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Sherilys, your Seeker is a vit build, isn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Sherilys, your Seeker is a vit build, isn't it?

Only real build that makes sense for seekers is 5 str, 3 dex, and 2 vit. Since there are no other weapons besides swords and 3 dex gives you plenty of accuracy, i don't see any reason why not to use that build. Unless some of their attacks use magic attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Only real build that makes sense for seekers is 5 str, 3 dex, and 2 vit. Since there are no other weapons besides swords and 3 dex gives you plenty of accuracy, i don't see any reason why not to use that build. Unless some of their attacks use magic attack.

Could also do a 7str 3dex if you don't mind being squishy.

Was just curious because I compared Sherilys' level 22 seeker vid with Jay's level 19 seeker vid, and she had around 200 more HP than he did, and hit around the same (if not less) than him using what I can only assume is a better blade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Could also do a 7str 3dex if you don't mind being squishy.

Was just curious because I compared Sherilys' level 22 seeker vid with Jay's level 19 seeker vid, and she had around 200 more HP than he did, and hit around the same (if not less) than him using what I can only assume is a better blade.

Who knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Can mystic pets be used for pulling? Seems like mystic is capable of replacing both cleric and venos in a squad... I wonder if mystic pets also ignore [?]-level damage reduction.

If those summons are as capable as hercs I doubt anyone would want to roll venos anymore..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Can mystic pets be used for pulling? Seems like mystic is capable of replacing both cleric and venos in a squad... I wonder if mystic pets also ignore [?]-level damage reduction.

If those summons are as capable as hercs I doubt anyone would want to roll venos anymore..

I imagine so, since it's almost the same exact pet system. I think the Veno will still win out in tanking ability with the herc. Mystics make themselves very useful as they can heal the tanking pet with the Venomancer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010

I think it's been established that they can indeed pull.

I don't know about [?] damage reduction, been wondering that myself.

And I doubt they would make a FREE summon as good as a herc, which you have to PAY for.

Not saying they won't have a 79 skill somewhere down the road that you have to buy from the boutique to summon a herc-like-tank pet. I wouldn't put it past them. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Milley - Heavens Tear
    Milley - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Im confused. Does Genesis come out tomorrow?or not?
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010

The expansion for the Chinese servers come out tomorrow with the patch after their maintenance.

International gets ours sometime after that. No solid date yet.

So no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2010

No Sir/Ma'am only in China, International version (The one we play) Needs few more weeks/months?

(Ignore this post, guy above me posted few mins before i did)
  • Milley - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    The expansion for the Chinese servers come out tomorrow with the patch after their maintenance.

International gets ours sometime after that. No solid date yet.

So no.

Oh thats sad.b:cry lol i had my hopes up. Oh Well. Does any1 know if it will be released in december b4 christmas?
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Oh thats sad.b:cry lol i had my hopes up. Oh Well. Does any1 know if it will be released in december b4 christmas?

No one knows the release date. Not even Frankie probably.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Frankie? Anyway, i've been on PWI for over 2 years and i see how things work here. I am almost SURE guys working on it don't have idea either :D When they finish it we'll see itb:laugh

P.S: They would be nice if they released it before christmas so they can spend time with family without worries about it....you heard me? ^o^
  • Milley - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Frankie? Anyway, i've been on PWI for over 2 years and i see how things work here. I am almost SURE guys working on it don't have idea either :D When they finish it we'll see itb:laugh

P.S: They would be nice if they released it before christmas so they can spend time with family without worries about it....you heard me? ^o^

Lol it would be nice if it came out this month. I hope it comes out b4 6 weeks-summer holidays. Any1 think they wont be ready by 6 weeks?

xD
  • SandraPlease - Sanctuary
    SandraPlease - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Last year it was out 1 week after chinese version. on the 15th (actually it was delayed two days till the 17th i believe.) The translation was not all complete at that time and over the first month(s) they kept on updating the translations.

I guess it will all depend on how much there is for them to change to our version from the chinese one and how many they have working on it. They probably been working on it for a long time already and i kinda expect them to give us a date on wednesday and it will be released somewhere between the 15th and 22nd.
  • ZeverEdge - Lost City
    ZeverEdge - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Last year it was out 1 week after chinese version. on the 15th (actually it was delayed two days till the 17th i believe.) The translation was not all complete at that time and over the first month(s) they kept on updating the translations.

I guess it will all depend on how much there is for them to change to our version from the chinese one and how many they have working on it. They probably been working on it for a long time already and i kinda expect them to give us a date on wednesday and it will be released somewhere between the 15th and 22nd.
    'Tis true, and all I have to say is shhhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttb:nosebleed
    Right after my exams, perfectb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Haters: So...is the game dead yet?b:question

PWI Community: Pretty much, West Arch is still the laggiest place.

PWI Economy: Agreed, and there is still active gold tradingb:surrender

Hooray for death of PWI!!!b:kissb:victory
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited December 2010

mhmm video on here proving it. throw your pet out out and resummon it next to you.
    o.o yeah venos got there record broken by Mystics. Venomancers can tank in the early 30s while Mystics can easily tank fb19 at level 23. Tho you still need a lot of MP pots. b:victory

On that note: Back to slaying those snowman for Mandou. xDD
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My seeker is Str with just enough dex to wear items. My Mystic is pure Int.

I only added very few vit to count how much HP/point they were getting.
  • zyviren
    zyviren Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Ignore this post here. I went searching and found the player base to be annoying rude little children, and that included half the mods posts I viewed. Needless to say, I found my answer to the question I asked in this space. So for anyone that saw this in the last 8 minutes, just move along. Nothing to see here.

END
    Zyviren
  • Milley - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Between the 15th and the 22nd?Really?! Wow Yay! was hoping itd be b4 christmas ^^ thanks for every1 who answered all my questions so far I just have 1 more question. How many pets can u summon on mystic?Like...how many pet summon skills are there altogether and which, in ur guys opinion, is the strongest?
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I just noticed something "funny" :

To Tideborns, they all have the default purple skin (except the face). So I assume that bug is coming back with the new expansion until they fix it again b:surrender

Then it might be only from the test server...
  • Lol_Cat - Lost City
    Lol_Cat - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    www.youtube.com/lamer52

That guy uploaded a few videos of the areas, skills and gameplay of the characters :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Liyte 90 Cleric | Lol_Cat 71 Barb | Glowe 65 Veno

Feel free to pm me in game :3 b:cute
This discussion has been closed.