Force Stealth Nerf

Comments

• I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This lol. LA is great if you use it right. Sharding for pure HP is a dumb idea *Gets killed by 300 archers for calling them all nabs* since you can refine for that and shard for both defences. Its generally easier to shard HP however, il admit that.

Oh and point for the dumb : Sapphire gems are cheap. Real cheap. And they add 100 MDef. 3 or 4 of those in your armor makes a hell of a difference in PVP, combined with protection necklace and belt. Try it out sometime. b:chuckle

hi again since u post on forums? b:laugh
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sorry, but I know a veno LA who get EASILY 10k pdef without buffs. It's 50% magic - 50% pdef. it's not SO bad -.-

Veno's don't really count as they can pull off heavy arcane and light rather well...

And light is sort of good for them as well... then they'd be able to hit things in fox form...

Wizards and clerics self buffed only can get pretty high pdef in arcane as well...

And insanely high pdef with full buffs...
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Seriously though, at 10x with Demon Stone Barrier, that's just broken. Mages shouldn't have over 10k pdef with arcane robes ever. xP
    Yeah and barbs shouldn't have arma...

on the other hand -interval is not a skill... which is 3 times as broken as stone barrier ever will be, and guess what, sins can get use it on top the current topic's discussion (which is about one of their skills).

Wizard has few identity skills, the shields and distance shrink being the main ones. Sins? They just got too much stuff (as do BMs in fact, but that's for another topic).
  • Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    wanna kill one of those? ... good luck

defence lvl 63

28k pdef arcane

Elayne (donno the exact gears but should be almost like this)

if something's broken then it's the wiz pdef
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    wanna kill one of those? ... good luck

defence lvl 63

28k pdef arcane

Elayne (donno the exact gears but should be almost like this)

if something's broken then it's the wiz pdef
    Defence isn't everything. Being perma stunt from sin with 5ats is much worse than 28K p.def. The sin shouldn't be in this game. They just broken everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquatice - Lost City
    Aquatice - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Nice lack of intellectual people.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yeah and barbs shouldn't have arma...

on the other hand -interval is not a skill... which is 3 times as broken as stone barrier ever will be, and guess what, sins can get use it on top the current topic's discussion (which is about one of their skills).

Wizard has few identity skills, the shields and distance shrink being the main ones. Sins? They just got too much stuff (as do BMs in fact, but that's for another topic).

Most BM skills are pretty lame, and yes Armageddon is probably the single most broken skill in the game. 5aps pretty much makes up for the fact that BMs don't have a one-shot skill.

I actually don't advocate nerfing anything. Sins designed to do one thing really well, 1v1 melee damage, and they do that really well. I'll agree that sins do have far too many skills though. I think Shadow Jump, which can effectively let you wall **** should be nerfed before Shadow Escape, but that's just my opinion... it' s a neat skill though xP
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Nice lack of intellectual people.

So... I was wondering... do you think I should rage quit because my post keeps totally getting ignored?

b:question
  • Aquatice - Lost City
    Aquatice - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So... I was wondering... do you think I should rage quit because my post keeps totally getting ignored?

Totally b:surrender
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Which AoE genie skills don't need a target?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Which AoE genie skills don't need a target?

Iv heard earthquake dosnt need a target. Its a nice second pushback for Wizards but seriously, Emberstorm, Sirens Kiss and Heavens Flame (And its pole equivelant) would have to be made targetless too for this to be viable. HAving to **** up my genie just to fit on a short ranged otherwise useless skill on it jut to pop sins is stupid.

Not that I care that they can run away much, its the damn reappearence with so much chi that ruins it.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Iv heard earthquake dosnt need a target. Its a nice second pushback for Wizards but seriously, Emberstorm, Sirens Kiss and Heavens Flame (And its pole equivelant) would have to be made targetless too for this to be viable. HAving to **** up my genie just to fit on a short ranged otherwise useless skill on it jut to pop sins is stupid.

Not that I care that they can run away much, its the damn reappearence with so much chi that ruins it.

Earthquake requires a target.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Earthquake requires a target.

Thanks for confirming that its not true :)

I still think that even if every single AoE based on melee/self-centered was made targetless it wouldnt be a great deal of help. In some cases itd be perfect, theyre then out of stealth and you can kill them before your AD - Ironguard combo or w/e wears off but in others, most of these AoEs need chi or have some other danger / crud range.

However its agood compromise. I still vote for loss / no gain of chi upon force but id live with this.

Sirens Kiss is probably the best of the bunch if it was ever made targetless die to the incredibly short cast time, nice power, low chi req (Only 1 spark, chance for 0 with Sage) and non-rediculous cooldown (30 sec, although I think its shorter with Demon?), although pulling them out of stealth with Heavens Flame would result in one very dead sin b:chuckle
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hey Drunk, it's the 3rd option.

Noskrad pk count- 0

gfb:bye

Duels don't count as PK, I never go to PK mode, and the cleric wasn't afk, he tried to attack me, but I keept him stunned/asleep/silenced, till he died, not that hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    this thread is so annoying and disturbing 2 since my main is a Sin i dont want it 2 be nerfed or even touched by any Dev so 4 safery of future sins i would recommand Close this thread by GM and move it 2 GraveYard those kind of thread just make ppl fight and argue and make some ppl pissed off and you forgot this is just a game and if you talk about GMs or Devs they work the way 2 gain Money in any way possable so if you dont like Force Steath You Quit playing its better than the more than 10 or lets say 20 Sin quit so whats better 4 PWI company a cash shoper sin quit or you quit .? if you own PWI company you go ahead nerf what ever you like or i would say make a private server and nerf any class you like but since this is a public pvp server you dont have any right 2 make a threat 2 nerf any of skill (yes you have right 2 talk but not ASKING) and after iam gona post this Watch who ever gona QQ about my post, '' i hope any Mod come and close this threat Please ''

^ I can't even read what you just said there. And Most if not "ALL" assasins are, or started out as "Alternate Characters" (A.K.A. Alts)

@" Just deal with it if the developers change it or not. Assasins are annoying with their stealth and being able to take down a level 100 Barbarian in nirvana in just 5 seconds.

This thread will live on! b:pleased
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Duels don't count as PK, I never go to PK mode, and the cleric wasn't afk, he tried to attack me, but I keept him stunned/asleep/silenced, till he died, not that hard.

Then your opinion on PvP is almost, ALMOST, invalid.

1v1 in duels is different to PvP, there are no charms involved, its generally considerd to be bad form to use genie skills and pots (At least on HL), although myself and plenty of other will use pots if we want to, and above all, its completely 1v1. Your opponent has to accept that you will attack them and noone else can interfere. Add the fact that they WILL know who exactly is going to attack them and youl find that duels are **** ways of testing out how good a player is, and a **** way of judging what is and what isnt OP b:bye

All I ever use them for is to test out new skills/combo's/weapons/armor on friends, cos that is all they are good for.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Then your opinion on PvP is almost, ALMOST, invalid.

1v1 in duels is different to PvP, there are no charms involved, its generally considerd to be bad form to use genie skills and pots (At least on HL), although myself and plenty of other will use pots if we want to, and above all, its completely 1v1. Your opponent has to accept that you will attack them and noone else can interfere. Add the fact that they WILL know who exactly is going to attack them and youl find that duels are **** ways of testing out how good a player is, and a **** way of judging what is and what isnt OP b:bye

All I ever use them for is to test out new skills/combo's/weapons/armor on friends, cos that is all they are good for.

...and what if I have another sin of same lvl or higher in a PvP server?. U can't talk as if you could guess everything about ppl, cuz U will very very probably fail. I repeat, you all are focusing too much on me and my abilities or weak points and I think you're forgetting a lil the real topic in this forum: nerf shadow escape. Well, if that's what you want to do, go ahead, but don't expect 1 more answer from me. I don't have why to tell U all what I do or what I don't, those are my bussiness, and have nothig to do with this forum's topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    and not to forget than in duels u prepare yourself to 399 chi + get genie and apot pots outa cooldown.

prove or gtfo about the statement u has a high lv sin on a pvp server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    ...and what if I have another sin of same lvl or higher in a PvP server?. U can't talk as if you could guess everything about ppl, cuz U will very very probably fail. I repeat, you all are focusing too much on me and my abilities or weak points and I think you're forgetting a lil the real topic in this forum: nerf shadow escape. Well, if that's what you want to do, go ahead, but don't expect 1 more answer from me.

You give us nothing to go on but your evident lack of PvP experience. Posting on a lowbie alt gets you treated like one. Id seriously prefer to post on my Wizard, but at 54 noones going to pay any attention to her when im talking about something based on experience. b:bye

<3 Loss of chi on Shadow escape option btw people.

/on-topic ^_^
  • Sephirothxp - Heavens Tear
    Sephirothxp - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Just my 3 cents (I win moar?)
    Reason i posted that paragraph is because i knew people would come out and reply to my thread " not everyone CS" which you didnt seem to understand.

I also forgot to mention in my past post....

Sins already got their 3 spark removed from stealth. So they did listen to people.

Now its just plain QQing. Something has been done, they cant remove everything from a class. Thats what makes them different from each other.

Its not about who wins, its about who makes the most sense.

Sense? They already removed something from sins in the past making this thread not so worthy. They did what they could now, its up to you to figure out how to compete.

Yes i will get "won ever again" by one of your posts but it doesnt matter what you say fact is :

They wont listen to QQs about sins anymore.
    Your envy feeds my ego b:thanks
    -Retired as of December 26th, 2009.

Originally Posted by Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    one can never satisfy everyone.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    You give us nothing to go on but your evident lack of PvP experience. Posting on a lowbie alt gets you treated like one. Id seriously prefer to post on my Wizard, but at 54 noones going to pay any attention to her when im talking about something based on experience. b:bye

<3 Loss of chi on Shadow escape option btw people.

/on-topic ^_^

You're right, maybe I was expecting ppl to be too smart, at least smart enough to read a post content and not the character info, to pay attention to words that makes sense, not to high lvl characters who could be really experienced, or also could have hyper and/or oracle their way to lvl 100. I think I'll keep posting with this same character anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    You're right, maybe I was expecting ppl to be too smart, at least smart enough to read a post content and not the character info, to pay attention to words that makes sense, not to high lvl characters who could be really esperience, or also could have hyper and/or oracle their way to lvl 100. I think I'll keep posting with this same character anyway.

And along with most of the other posters, I will be continuing to ignore you as an inexperienced liar with no high level / experienced main.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    I reinforce my approval of both AoE without target and chi loss in stealth as an appropriate nerf for sins, search out my posts here to see why. One or the other, not both, both would be mean.

Il miss you DaKillinator b:cry
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Make Assasin Stealth make their chi go Bye bye b:bye

Not

Hi! We give you Free chi for Stealthing! Enjoy! b:pleased
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I reinforce my approval of both AoE without target and chi loss in stealth as an appropriate nerf for sins, search out my posts here to see why. One or the other, not both, both would be mean.

Il miss you DaKillinator b:cry

I'll miss you too b:cry

where you going? I see your banned so I don't expect a response unless you get on that ult wiz you were talking about b:surrender
  • DeadEyeDoug - Sanctuary
    DeadEyeDoug - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    My main is a cleric, and I hate when a sin is fail enough that they cant own me, then they just disapear. That or I use up all my pots and stuff, plume shield on cooldown, and they just pop back up to finish me b:angry
  • DaHealanator - Raging Tide
    DaHealanator - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    My main is a cleric, and I hate when a sin is fail enough that they cant own me, then they just disapear. That or I use up all my pots and stuff, plume shield on cooldown, and they just pop back up to finish me b:angry

This. Sins are famous for being able to own clerics of any level, if you're such a fail sin that you cant kill a cleric on your first try, you don't deserve a second chance.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    sins can only use force stealth ONCE every 90 seconds. so they can only "escape" from ONE target ONCE every 90 seconds.

wtf is the big deal again?
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    sins can only use force stealth ONCE every 90 seconds. so they can only "escape" from ONE target ONCE every 90 seconds.

wtf is the big deal again?

90seconds is just a minute and a half...and the cooldown goes on even while you're in stealth, so it's not really that long of a cooldown.

And another big issue is that sins are using it "pause" the fight long enough for all your apoth and genie skills to be used up, and while they are still in cooldown, the sin comes out of stealth to finish you.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    90seconds is just a minute and a half...and the cooldown goes on even while you're in stealth, so it's not really that long of a cooldown.

And another big issue is that sins are using it "pause" the fight long enough for all your apoth and genie skills to be used up, and while they are still in cooldown, the sin comes out of stealth to finish you.

you serious? 1 and a half minute is a long time in fights that may only last a few seconds. you really think sins just sit around for 90 seconds waiting for force stealth to cool down? in a mass pvp setting 90 seconds for a sin can get u a enormous amount of kills. if the sin just waits for his force stealth to cool down just so he can escape every battle he is in then that sin is pretty much useless because at best he will be getting 1 kill every 90 seconds.

that is horribly unpractical. in a mass PvP setting the sin will be beyond useless if he has to wait 90 seconds to atk his target where as everyone else is moving from one kill to the next kill.

so im sry to say, but w/e sin is doing that is a ******. the amount of people that even affects is harshly low. and then if u CANT kill that target then u have basically wasted your force stealth and have to wait another 90 seconds. what sin honestly plays like that? its much more practical to escape using wind push or shadow teleport or something.

honestly what you are talking about seems to be 1v1 duels which hardly accounts for anything.