Force Stealth Nerf

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    My class is not unbalanced because I suck enough to die with it

I was about to point out some obvious flaws in your post, and I haven't even read the rest of the forum yet, but then I realized you were an assassin. Play another class that does not have a big read EASY ESCAPE button, fight an assassin who isn't an idiot, and then come back and say the same thing. Go ahead. You won't be able to do it with a straight face.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Ninjaaaa - Lost City
    Ninjaaaa - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hater and You Make Me Famous Carry on lol you dont know my age and you dont know anything about me so keep saying random things about me make me happy b:pleased b:laugh
  • Boojangles - Lost City
    Boojangles - Lost City Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    people who think sins can attack any class and not egt punished for it are mistaken. also the only times we can make it away are when certain skills arent on cooldown. Also like i said im not spelling anything out so if u dont know how to counter sins thats too bad cuz i do.

tho i admit if ur char is very squishy then ur just gunna die.
    ps. "pro" psy prolly dont have the problems u all cry abt

oooooh yea one more thing Veno is the ONLY class that can attack you while running away whith a pet that has the ONLY skill that takes no pvp damage reduction. Nurf the sins then u should nurf that too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Although I admit if your character is very squishy then you're just gonna die.
    ps. "pro" psychics probably don't have the problems you all cry about

1:) Fixed semi-r3tarded posting style.

2:) Give an example about what we "pro" Psychics cry about, and maybe your argument might be vaild. The only thing I could even consider in PvP are Physical classes...but that's common knowledge.

3:) Of course you know how to counter sins-- you're a level 100 barbarian. You've got all the Pdef you need to counter Assassins, not to mention all that HP. So duh, you're not going to complain.

4:) Now how long does it take for Assassin's skills to cool off? Do you even know?
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sins are proudly and gladly, the Devs beloved babies.
    Don't expect a nerf for long, least til more op race appears. b:chuckle
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sins are proudly and gladly, the Devs overpowered babies.
    Don't expect a nerf for long, least til more op race appears. b:chuckle

Fixed that for ya. b:thanks
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Whats with all the sins crying?

I mean, seriously. This isnt about you being OP in general skills and power, most people who can play the game accept it and can deal with it. Its bout you running away from fights after exausting your opponent and then coming right back and roflpwning them now they have nothing left thats damn unfair.

Sometimes I think im the only Sin around that realises how *** force steath is. when I use it, im gone, I dont come back, cos im not some **** with no sense of fair play. If I use it to disapear from an incoming attack, then go nuke the person attacking, kool. The spark helps and lets me fight back all the quicker. But having just been completely fended off by someone and then coming straight back before theyve had chance to recover.... No.

And as someone else has said here, sins can get away with gear thats +3 all over and be fairly sorted in your average PvP whereas if a sin is involved, most people have to go +5 or so for a real chance to win. I think that having just barely surviving some nub geared sin, I shouldnt then be ***** by them because ive nothing left to kill them with/not die to them with.
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lany's right. Fighting a sin (a good one) is like thus:

They destealth, stun, spark, and attack. I AD and get some distance so I don't die immediately. I burn apothecary so I don't get telestunned(which has ridiculous range, btw).

They escape.

Then, they have a full minute before apoth is off CD, and 3 before AD is. So what happens? They use inner harmony, sleep my ***, and kill it anyway.

Fighting a competent sin is about surviving twice, and when you have limited survival options as a robie, you're basically screwed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okonimus - Heavens Tear
    Okonimus - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lol some ppl is so funny here, prefer to try to make others feel bad instead of still defending their arguments, and they get nothing in the end, not make others feel bad, nor defend their arguments.
    Okonimus
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ...Sometimes I think im the only Sin around that realises how *** force steath is. when I use it, im gone, I dont come back, cos im not some **** with no sense of fair play...

This decition is up to every assassin, but the reason for what shadow escape was done, to my understanding, is to give the assassin that 2nd chance to kill his target, cuz that's what assassins are suposed to do: kill their target in 1 by 1 battle with almost no probability of fail. Assassins are suposed to be hard to be defeated in a 1 vs 1 battle. like Venos are suposed to be able to solo instances, barbs are suposed to tank, etc. and no matter what skills it takes for every class to do what thei're suposed to do. I think that ppl complains on sin's speciality and some of their skills which allows them to kill players easily because no one likes to be killed by other players.

Well if you wanna have a really fair fight against a sin, use another sin to fight him. it's as if you were trying to tank the strongest in game boss with a sin, and U can't and then a barb come with his awesome HP and tank the same boss easily. You can't try to do it better than a barb by using a sin, archer, wizz, etc. you'll need to use a barb to compare your skills to tank bosses in a fair way. You can't ask developers to lower barb's HP or nerf any of their skills so that he can't tank as good as before, or ask devs to give sins more HP or anything just because your sin can't tank as good as a barbarian do, cuz that's not a sin's job, that's a barb's job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    TO ALL SINS: All I'm saying is that force stealth has to be nerfed somehow. Not your damage. Not your ability to stealth gank. Simply your ability to kill somebody when they have nothing left to defend themselves with and/or run away like a coward after you get your bum handed to you.

At the end of the day, you'll still have force stealth.

At the end of the day, you can still own just about any class in 1v1

and finally- at the end of the day, after you're nerfed, if you have ANY skill whatsoever, you should still be able to wtfpwn almost any other class with ease, only difference being you'll have to pick smart fights like the rest of us.
    edited October 2010
    Venos are suposed to be able to solo instances, barbs are suposed to tank, etc. and no matter what skills it takes for every class to do what thei're suposed to do. I think that ppl complains on sin's speciality and some of their skills which allows them to kill players easily because no one likes to be killed by other players.

Oh
    My
    God

we're nearly 400 pages into discussion, and STILL you don't seem to UNDERSTAND the point of the thread

This thread is not about sins owning in 1v1 pvp. it's not about how the classes only edge should be removed. it has nothing to do with ANY of that.

It is about them being able to stealth, attack target, get rid of all the defenses, stealth again until target it vulnerable, then attack again.
    Or
    stealth, attack target, get wtfpwnt, get saved by deaden nerves, force stealth, bye

if you can't own the target in one go, you messed up and should be punished accordingly.

And dont say, "it's part of them owning in 1v1" cuz it's not.
    Maybe if sins actually tried to see the fights out to the very end, they might win more anyways. What I'm seeing, is a total abuse of force stealth in that sins that have a 90% chance of winning the fight anyways, decide they want to force stealth to make that a 100% chance to win.

It's cowardly, and it's not fun, because it poses no challenge. Afew sins i know ingame, and even ones on this very thread, have admitted they want a force stealth nerf, or they don't use it themselves, because it makes the game too easy.
  • Sephirothxp - Heavens Tear
    Sephirothxp - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=887252&page=5
    ijsb:shutup

Doesnt mean much. But the fact is...

Everyone wanted tideborns, a huge pile of threads showsthe pwi commuinty asking for that damn update and kept beggin and beggin.

Now you have it. Deal with it.

A lot of people wanted new classes and you know what they say....

If you cant beat them, join them.

But i really doubt the GMs or devs w/e will do anything else.

Im not sure its been a while since i logged on the game literally but didnt they remove 3 spark in stealth some time ago? ( i might be wrong about this)
    Your envy feeds my ego b:thanks
    -Retired as of December 26th, 2009.

Originally Posted by Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    one can never satisfy everyone.
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lot of ppl =/= everyone

and nobody asked for an overpowered class which became more overpowered after sage demon skills.

yes demon spark while stealthing breaks them outa Stealth but that doesnt mean they cant stealth back...or drop from 78 height after 3spark.

most sins uses 2 spark n donno which buffs to aoe the **** outa everyone n then run again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Im not sure its been a while since i logged on the game literally but didnt they remove 3 spark in stealth some time ago? ( i might be wrong about this)

yes they did remove that because it was OP.

and that's what gives me hope that if enough people vote yes on the poll, that the devs will consider changing it.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This thread is epic facepalm worthy.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sephirothxp - Heavens Tear
    Sephirothxp - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Funny how most of the people QQing are wizards also.( i did say most :) )

The devs arent perfect, no not even close. But they tried to come up with something people would like.

They failed a bit, yes. But atleast they answered to peoples desire.

There used to be a lot of "OP" things on pwi not just sins.

A lot of them have been overcomed, might be something called CSing.

Not everyone CS? i know , didnt when i played.

But this game is in favor of CSers as much as you hate it. No one is forcing you to keep playing. Either CS, become a great merchant like some famous peeps or stand behind those who are waiting for things that wont come.

Just my 2cents. Last post of the day, tired.
    Your envy feeds my ego b:thanks
    -Retired as of December 26th, 2009.

Originally Posted by Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    one can never satisfy everyone.
    edited October 2010

I'd say nerf Stone Barrier.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'd say nerf Stone Barrier.

Stone Barrier (Level 1)
    Mana 9001
    Channeling time 43 seconds
    Cast time 22 seconds

Increases physical defense by 1% for 10 seconds
    Increases by 1% per level

Requires 399 chi to cast

I say that'd do the trick b:chuckle

/noimnotserious
    edited October 2010
    alot of wizards are active on the forums. Don't know why, but wizards as a whole post more than almost any other class imo. Just look at our forum section.

The devs arent perfect, no not even close. But they tried to come up with something people would like.
    True

They failed a bit, yes. But atleast they answered to peoples desire.
    Also true

There used to be a lot of "OP" things on pwi not just sins.
    I've covered this before. The old "OP" things were pretty much just nixes, and that's a CS item so...

A lot of them have been overcomed, might be something called CSing.
    If a sin cashops as much as another class, they'll win

Not everyone CS? i know , didnt when i played.
    Okay...

But this game is in favor of CSers as much as you hate it. No one is forcing you to keep playing. Either CS, become a great merchant like some famous peeps or stand behind those who are waiting for things that wont come.
    lmao where the **** did this come from? I havnt complained about csing at all, that's just a part of the game. I'd be stupid to think the devs would make non csing players=non csing players. Jeez lol, most random paragraph I've seen in awhile...

Just my 2cents. Last post of the day, tired.
    More than 2cents p0x, I'll need at least 200k cents to cs enough to beat sins QQ

Just my 3 cents (I win moar?)
    edited October 2010
    Stone Barrier (Level 1)
    Mana 9001
    Channeling time 43 seconds
    Cast time 22 seconds

Increases physical defense by 1% for 10 seconds
    Increases by 1% per level

Requires 399 chi to cast

I say that'd do the trick b:chuckle

/noimnotserious

and if stone barrier was anything like force stealth as you leveled it, by the time it was lvl 10 it'd be...

Stone Barrier (level 10)

Mana- 50

Channeling time- 43 seconds

Cast time- 22seconds

Increases phys defense by 250% for 100minutes

Gain one spark.

btw, channeling time and cast time wouldnt really matter much since it's not like we cast it in combat anyways b:chuckle
    edited October 2010
    wizards post more coz ingame we has a IQ (magic) (int) of over 450.

and yeah i agree, only "oped" stuff before sins was via cash shop only aka nixes.

sins are oped even without cash shop since they born with those skills.

edit: i do cast it on combat sometimes @..@even tho havent pked in weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I gave up reading after 10 pages, and then skimmed the last couple pages, so I do not know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but:

First, suggestion 4 has already been implemented. Some genie AoEs do not need targets.

Second, I think maybe a balanced suggestion would be for forced stealth to only cancel a person's target of the assassin 95% of the time. (This change would obviously have to be well advertised -- probably by updating the skill description, to avoid people thinking that it was a bug.) This would put some risk on the assassin even when ganking someone when they do not have one of the handful of aoe genie skills.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Oh
    My
    God

we're nearly 400 pages into discussion, and STILL you don't seem to UNDERSTAND the point of the thread...

I understood it a lot of time ago, who maybe still don't understand what I mean, and how I talk about everything U mentioned here, is you. If you want, you can read my posts again and try to get it, that's up to you.

And dont say, "it's part of them owning in 1v1" cuz it's not.

A different thing is that you don't agree with what I say, that's different, and has nothing to do with understanding. So stop saying that I don't understand the topic, you know what I was talking about, otherwise you wouldn't be telling you don't agree with me. Better you to use reeally good arguments to convince ppl that I'm wrong, instead of trying to make me look like an idiot and failing at it, cuz you're not making a favor to yourself that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    edited October 2010
    wizards post more coz ingame we has a IQ (magic) (int) of over 450.

Your wizard may have over 450 int, but you sure don't. Nice butchering of the English language Mr Intelligent One. b:chuckle

Seriously though, at 10x with Demon Stone Barrier, that's just broken. Mages shouldn't have over 10k pdef with arcane robes ever. xP
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Till now I was trying to be unbiased in my opinions about the skill nerf, but now if you want my personal opinion, I voted the second option "I'm not affected by force stealth", cuz once I killed a lvl 100 cleric with this assassin lvl 66, who was lvl 64 when I did it, and I didn't use stealth at all to do it, no need of shadow jump, nor shadow escape.

It's actually rare for me to use stealth mode, I didn't even lvl up those skills much. So don't believe I'm trying to defend the stealth skills cuz of me. I'm just trying to give my opinion on how those skills, as they are, gives the assassin an identity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    edited October 2010
    either the cleric was afk , or was a oracle noob with lv 3x gear or you lying.

b:bye

i choose 3rd option

as to why lv 64 vs lv 100 = u deal 36% less dmg (not even jones blessing balance that)

and at lv 64 sin dmg is really low even if u +5 a hh60 daggers n put 2 flawless in it.

are you sure it was a lv100? pics of dmg log + gear + genie lv or gtfo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    I is sin, hear me rawr.

Hey Drunk, it's the 3rd option.

Noskrad pk count- 0

gfb:bye
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    have you worn, if not ever at all considered, light armor? it sucks, it sucks BADLY. arcane classes get more defense than LA users for christ's sake! how fair do you think it that is? this is why they have skills to try and mitigate the weakness of LA. otherwise, they'd easily be trampled underfoot in one shot by any wizard with a decent refine, or HA classes for that matter.

wow, so you have one skill that makes you stand out in one, ONE, type of pvp. 1v1, and that makes it overpowered? assassins are horribad in group pvp, they're jokes in tw, they need one outstanding aspect to make them worth PVPing on. taking away their safety precautions is like the devs taking away stone barrier and undine.

Sorry, but I know a veno LA who get EASILY 10k pdef without buffs. It's 50% magic - 50% pdef. it's not SO bad -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sorry, but I know a veno LA who get EASILY 10k pdef without buffs. It's 50% magic - 50% pdef. it's not SO bad -.-

This lol. LA is great if you use it right. Sharding for pure HP is a dumb idea *Gets killed by 300 archers for calling them all nabs* since you can refine for that and shard for both defences. Its generally easier to shard HP however, il admit that.

Oh and point for the dumb : Sapphire gems are cheap. Real cheap. And they add 100 MDef. 3 or 4 of those in your armor makes a hell of a difference in PVP, combined with protection necklace and belt. Try it out sometime. b:chuckle