I am going to say my piece and be done...

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hi hammy ......
    rosey :)
    just jumped on the forums and its in a blaze O_O

ummmm wth?

It is horrible and disheartening...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hi hammy ......

ummmm wth?

b:cry I think I've just been scared for life
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    new mods and management again?
    aryanna and hawk are gone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    new mods and management again?
    aryanna and hawk are gone?

The only thing you got wrong was Hawk. He is actually a CM on the BoI forums now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hi hammy ......

ummmm wth?

Its has been 3 days and counting since the fire started. When it will end, nobody knows. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I still fail to see your point as a valid argument.

GMs can't overstep any bounds because they set the bounds. That's what they're entitled to, and you agreed to be subject under their game/forum changes. And to lay out your thoughts about it whether you like it or not is perfectly fine. But -

I just need someone to post a sound argument as to why should demand and cry for attention NOW, Me explanation would involve possibly divulging the knowledge of technology beyond current human levels. So sowwy. especially in such a negative manner, especially if you said yourself that the forums were run by the players themselves. Maybe someone posted it somewhere, but I guess I've missed it. Besides the fact that "it would be nice" if they did it, I want to know why people have to go so far as to degrade themselves to get attention from people that have been serving them all this time.

It's kind of rude to be expecting them to be so kind and generous to you as before when you don't even do anything really to make them stay that way. You don't even pay them...Well to keep it simple, yesh the players do pay them else there wouldn't be a game.

Really, is it the gms/mods fault that forums are the way it is now? Is it really their lack of communication or their strict enforcement of forum rules and banning people that say outrageous things against the game? Or is it really the forum posters that can't control themselves and cause mayhem for expecting something that they're not entitled to?

Although I would like to know where they are hiding right now. I do think they're letting this get out of hand too much.

Please tell me where I'm flawed, kind of tired maybe not thinking straight b:sad

You wouldn't understand in your current state, rest first.
    .-.
    Its has been 3 days and counting since the fire started. When it will end, nobody knows. lol

Soon enough.
    b:avoid

Well might as well keep a happy mood.
    d(^.-d)
    Wait he has? O_o

Does that mean he quit the PWI forums and moved on to the BoI ones?

Pretty much, yesh.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    The only thing you got wrong was Hawk. He is actually a CM on the BoI forums now.

Wait he has? O_o

Does that mean he quit the PWI forums and moved on to the BoI ones?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    We should appoint our own mods.

ijs

Seriously I'm all for stopping the firefight after getting scarred in that other forum but things can't just go back to the way they were, with commies as mods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    We should appoint our own mods.

ijs

Seriously I'm all for stopping the firefight after getting scarred in that other forum but things can't just go back to the way they were, with commies as mods.

The main issues are:

1) No mod's in this timezone

2) frankie is not on these forums enough

3) The PW forums are largely ignored
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2010

aye ...................
    wonder if the company even cares ..... xD
    considering the the management of the game ITSELF (imo)

so now we have noob forum mods SMH.....

what next? b:shutup

and considering THIS forum the title and amount of posts ............. WOW just WOW
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=880132&page=48
    what else ? *rolls eyes*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The main issues are:

thank you for clarifying :)

and hammster xD Your speech is so funnay.

And yes players do pay, but they pay for their own benefits :) I doubt many think "oh I'm going to help support the game by paying $50 for packs," but rather "I better get a freaken scroll of tome out of these."

One thing that seems to be upsetting everyone is the new mods. If the forums are ran the way they should be by the players (as you have said the forums are managed by the players) I fail to understand why you are all crying about it. Mods are only here to police the posts, so just make valid good posts and move on?
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    The main issues are:

Yeah I pretty well got that. I mean, hell, even in game it's irritating enough to have a guild leader that you NEVER see. >_> They totally missed the "connecting with the community" part of the job that hasn't been around since spoons left. >.< They hired/chose incompetence on top of ... well... the other 3 things you mentioned. lol.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
    edited October 2010
    The main issues are:

Yep, that's why General Discussion is getting burned to ashes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This entire thing has saddened me. I am sure you know what I am talking about as you attempt to douse the flames of the fire that you all started.

No one cares

As the flames burn on, I would like to point a few things out that you may or may not already know. However, in light of recent events I think that hearing this (from one of your most active forum members) might help to make you better understand where people are coming from.

You mean most annoying members

Secondly, the community looks to the GM's to be a safe-guard, a trusting member of the actual PWI staff to whom they can go too if needed. You frankie, I am sorry to say, have never really connected with this community in a way that (imo) you should have. This results in a skeptical view and a reluctance to trust. Any resemblance of trust that was there or even left for some was shattered with the Konra thing. Konra is first and fore-most my friend, and I talked with him for a LONG time yesterday. Once I saw his post I immediately pm'd him on msn because it is all to obvious it was him. A poor choice for him and a poor choice for you imo. You tried to trick a community, one in which is smarter then maybe you all might think. I told Konra and I am telling you that this was a terrible move.

You are right. Frankie doesnt kiss your *** like spoons did. So sad. Get over it.

Thirdly, I am admin of 2 forums and currently mod 4 and I can tell you this forum is sadly not done well in either respect. There is no consistency, there is no set way, there is no 100% cut and dry way that it is dealt with. You bring in mod's that are qq'ers and spammers and expect the community to welcome them with open arms = no. Additionally you bring in those that know little about the current changes and how they affect the community because they themselves have never experienced these changes first hand. It seems to much of the community that it is those who kiss-butt that become mod's rather then those that are consistent and trusted within the entire community. The PW community that is, one that, saying this again, has been over-looked for a LONG time.

Not surprising...Looks like you are whining that Frankie knows you are nothing but an attention whoar and that he has never asked you to be a mod.

Fourth, along with the overlooking of these PW forums, the mod's tend to be NOT in the U.S. meaning that during much of the forums peak times, there is no one but you attempting (and not really doing) to watch the forums. Lately, I have often stopped reading these forums because based on title before even opening the thread I KNOW it should be closed. I should not have to PM you nor the mod's at every turn. When I left these forums, I began posting on a alt to just linger and see. Then when Konra became mod (tbh I was not 100% on that either) I was more active because I was helping and feeding him with the threads he needed to focus on. I came back on Rose because he ASKED me too in order to help him.

Get over yourself. You are not important in any way.

I know many that know these forums and know these forums and this community WELL. However, the "leaving" (*cough*You know what I mean by this*cough*) of Aryanna and the attempted lie and the Mod appointments has ONCE AGAIN shattered this community. It is sickening and disheartening. At what damn point will the CM's LOOK AND LISTEN to the community. JUST ONCE FFS!! All we are asking for is a voice. Maybe a voice like Spoon's or even Dvork was an amazing CM here.

As long as that voice is NOT yours.

Step up and LISTEN to the community!! What is done now is done and it is just...I don't even.

You are "forcing" out once again a HUGE part of the community that has been here and been honest and supported and LOVED THESE DAMN FORUMS. Even if the game is going to hell for many and even if they have stopped playing the game THEY ARE HERE ON THE FORUMS!! That has to tell you something about this damn community.

LEAVE. No one will care.

Take all of this or leave it but the fact is people are fed up. People are pissed. People are hurt. People no longer trust (with what little they has left).

From the community:

You sure as hell do not speak for me. Or anyone else with common sense for that matter.

For heaven's sake, FOR ONCE look and listen to your community. We no longer sit and have decent discussions. We are kept in the dark, unless some of us research and seek the info ourselves. We no longer care. We DON'T trust!!! If that does not make you sit and ponder and wonder then maybe it is all worthless and pointless to even attempt to help others here.

Yes Frankie what the hell is your problem? You should be giving RedsRose information before the rest of the community like spoons did. Damn you Frankie you need to show her more favortism.

And tbh I feel slightly sorry for the new mod's because they just DO NOT KNOW THESE FORUMS!! Yes I said it and I will again, THEY DO NOT!! I or about 10+ people can and WILL go toe-to-toe with them on navigating these forums, finding posts, seeing necro's just by the title...THESE are things I worked so hard with with Konra and he was getting it. The new ones have A LOT TO LEARN. And I am sorry, this time, I WILL NOT help and tbh I am not sure anyone will. Sorry frankie but your community know these forums better then even you. When we have to PM you threads that are dangerous or necro's etc...You know what I mean.

For the love of god...get over yourself.

I don't even at this point...and tbh neither does much of the community.

Sincerely,

An always loyal member of this community and now I just do not know...

Rose

response in bold...

Never seen a bigger attention seeker in my life. Also I am not sure if I have ever seen anyone more self important.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Yep, that's why General Discussion is getting burned to ashes.

it really is human tendency to blame authorities instead of finding many of the problems within ourselves isnt it? b:sad
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    tMods are only here to police the posts, so just make valid good posts and move on?

Have you seen the forums atm...some policing ijs b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kyna - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    response in bold...

Never seen a bigger attention seeker in my life. Also I am not sure if I have ever seen anyone more self important.

I have! ^

it just spoke in the quote right there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    response in bold...

Says the one who felt the need to post in 7 font bolded. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Have you seen the forums atm...some policing ijs b:sweat

yeah I'm following.

but seriously...

you're 4 police members against a mob of 100 angry protesters. What are you gonna do? Ban more people? Lock more threads? Tell everyone to knock it off?

Because I'm sure that will cause everyone to calm down and start having a nice cup of virtual tea...
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    yeah I'm following.

but seriously...

you're 4 police members against a mob of 100 angry protesters. What are you gonna do?

Not pissing off the mob in the first place would have been a great place to start...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    yeah I'm following.

but seriously...

you're 4 police members against a mob of 100 angry protesters. What are you gonna do?

Start working? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ragenight
    ragenight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    response in bold...

ehuahue
    edited October 2010
    it really is human tendency to blame authorities instead of finding many of the problems within ourselves isnt it? b:sad

True, but that one thread (The welcoming of the new mods) was the spark that started the fire and now the community is just adding more and more wood to the fire while the GM/mods hide and try to ignore all of the QQ/flames and wait until all ends or ban anyone who makes fun of them in a bad way.

So, its both our fault (or just the people who were flaming/QQing like mad) and the GM/mods fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Not pissing off the mob in the first place would have been a great place to start...

Just because they used the powers you agreed to give them in the contract you signed, and it didn't agree to your wants and needs doesnt mean this needs to happen.

Will you please see that this is not your company? We really don't have any right to be angry and flamming. and enticing more unneccessary trouble.

If we do, please list them. I'm here reading.
    Start working? b:surrender

I edited my original post to answer that (you all post too fast xD)
    yeah I'm following.

but seriously...

you're 4 police members against a mob of 100 angry protesters. What are you gonna do? Ban more people? Lock more threads? Tell everyone to knock it off?

Because I'm sure that will cause everyone to calm down and start having a nice cup of virtual tea...

BUT yes. I wish they would start doing something about it too.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    True, but that one thread (The welcoming of the new mods) was the spark that started the fire and now the community is just adding more and more wood to the fire while the GM/mods hide and try to ignore all of the QQ/flames and wait until all ends or ban anyone who makes fun of them in a bad way.

So, its both our fault (or just the people who were flaming/QQing like mad) and the GM/mods fault.

I'm glad you at least see it both ways.

That thread btw was posted with good will and intention to welcome new people as mods. It was the players that turned it into the way it ended, and yes a mod's fault or two.
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2010

sorry rose but foxgrit has a point. not everyone lives and breathes for these forums. if you want to talk about someone trashing the forums i would blame you. there are ways to handle things without being dramatic. you could have taken this to pm s with Frankie. ro you could do what you did to make the biggest impact possible and disturb the community more than it already is. you could tell all your following sheep to please help support the "community" and stop spamming horrible threads. but instead you keep the drama going and feed the flames. i have been admin/mod on many forums and i would never undermined frankie as you have no matter which friend of mine was fired from mod.

it shows that you truely do not care a bit about the actual forums. otherwise you would not add the ruin as you are. if people truly DO care about this forum, they need to stop the spamming and help reinstate order. destroying the forums with spam and **** is much worse than what you are accusing Frankie of.

as for Frankie... dont know this person well but then i didnt know spoons well either. to me GMs and CMs are customer service people not people trying to be some players next BFF. Frankie is only allowed to post what is given by the upper admin of PWE. ofc we players can gather information other places and we can post this in advance before Frankie is allowed to. again let's define GMs and Devs. GMs have no control over content they are our voice to the Devs who do have control over content. if the Devs tell Frankie they are working on something... what more can he tell us?
    the good Starr
    edited October 2010
    I'm glad you at least see it both ways.

That thread btw was posted with good will and intention to welcome new people as mods. It was the players that turned it into the way it ended.

Yea, I have to agree with you it is more of the players fault that all of this chaos is happening right now, but if the GM's showed that they cared more about the community and tried to learn more about its players that thread wouldn't of turned out as bad as this. ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Reading through some of these new posts.... Where do I go to sign up to be a mod or a gm??? I want a banhammer some people deserve it... And anyone that argues gets same treatment... And yes I would just shut down whole forums for a while if need be.... Jees people.

Someone else asked what do you do when its only 4 cops against a mob of 100... Call in more cops administer tear gas, rubber bullets, and tasers and weed out the lead instigators. Generally its a small percentage that fuels all others. So take them out fast and hard and make sure people see it, because if those people continue they can be sure to share the same fate

I need to shut up now before I give any more clue to what I do for a livingb:shutup
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    sorry rose but foxgrit has a point. not everyone lives and breathes for these forums. if you want to talk about someone trashing the forums i would blame you. there are ways to handle things without being dramatic. you could have taken this to pm s with Frankie. ro you could do what you did to make the biggest impact possible and disturb the community more than it already is. you could tell all your following sheep to please help support the "community" and stop spamming horrible threads. but instead you keep the drama going and feed the flames. i have been admin/mod on many forums and i would never undermined frankie as you have no matter which friend of mine was fired from mod.

it shows that you truely do not care a bit about the actual forums. otherwise you would not add the ruin as you are. if people truly DO care about this forum, they need to stop the spamming and help reinstate order. destroying the forums with spam and **** is much worse than what you are accusing Frankie of.

as for Frankie... dont know this person well but then i didnt know spoons well either. to me GMs and CMs are customer service people not people trying to be some players next BFF. Frankie is only allowed to post what is given by the upper admin of PWE. ofc we players can gather information other places and we can post this in advance before Frankie is allowed to. again let's define GMs and Devs. GMs have no control over content they are our voice to the Devs who do have control over content. if the Devs tell Frankie they are working on something... what more can he tell us?

You need to post more b:laugh

Also I understand completely your stand point Silver. If they did show more care for the players, this might not have happened. I think that could have been done, but I also think that might be asking for too much from people who have to cater to so many with so few.

But for all we know, this happened because they DID show care at the beginning, and so the players got spoiled. After their candy was taken away, suddenly everyone thinks they're entitled to it and are crying about it continuously.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Just showed your stupidity again didnt you? That is 5 font bold not 7...