Official Territory War Bidding Rules

Options

Comments

• Pacothenoob - Dreamweaver
    Pacothenoob - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think it would really be awesome to be allowed on your lands tw instance at any time for training, pk events, buying pots or setting up training tws with other factions or splitting your faction for training. Discouraging smaller factions from bidding on tw how will they ever learn? Some factions just want to see if it is something they can work towards as a goal.It would add a bit of friendly fun to the game if we could do so since there are alot that enjoy tws but do not like pk.
    Funniest tw request ever b:thanks
  • KaiserNeko - Archosaur
    KaiserNeko - Archosaur Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    there are quite a few things that can be implemented in game to allow smaller factions to gain TW experience without tampering with the current rules. for example a TW instance that a faction can pay a fee to enter and then another faction on the other end can pay the fee enter on the other side. this instance be set as practice TW and not over any specific lands.

this could enhance the TW experience and give smaller factions a chance to learn rather than fall off the game entirely
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

you flail
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Updated main post for further clarification.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »

Thank you for the clarification, I believe that people just wanted to make sure they would NOT get banned if they did something they felt was... err should be legit.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

b:surrender Can make antidotes available at regular pharmacy NPCs then so we don't have to risk getting banned?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hi Kanto, thanks for the update. :) It's appreciated. I just wanted to know what the standpoint was when it said "No faction may lose on purpose." Did it include factions that intentionally no show their defenses too?
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    GM : "We judge all TW wars on a case by case basis. Not just a concrete "If faction X has Y players, and they are attacking faction Z." Obviously a faction with less than 20 or so members with a low level average of say 30 is not going to win versus a big guild. But now what if that faction only has 20 members strong, but they're all level 60+ and are attacking a faction that has to defend a lot of territories. Maybe they think they can sneak in a win in against a weakly defended territory? We look at the data on our end and make the judgment call. This is where it becomes difficult for us to give hard numbers. The intention to win the war must always be there. It all comes to not having a built in system within the game to stop and discourage TW wars but rather monitored on the human side. As far as I know, we are the only version that polices these types of fake bids and we pride ourselves for not turning a blind eye to it."

if that is so then inversion must be unbanned and eq banned instead since clearly inversion recruits only 75+ if i am not mistaken and they clearly had more than 20 person most likely 40 person and it was a 3 way gank ty for update kantorek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Auka - Dreamweaver
    Auka - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hello all,

Update
    For further clarification, we are by no means discouraging factions from participating in TW. The fact of the matter is, there will be factions that try to cheat the system. Honestly, most of the players who are being so nit picky about the rules, are the ones who intend to abuse them. If you think your faction has a legitimate chance to win the TW, then by all means go for it.

We judge all TW wars on a case by case basis. Not just a concrete "If faction X has Y players, and they are attacking faction Z." Obviously a faction with less than 20 or so members with a low level average of say 30 is not going to win versus a big guild. But now what if that faction only has 20 members strong, but they're all level 60+ and are attacking a faction that has to defend a lot of territories. Maybe they think they can sneak in a win in against a weakly defended territory? We look at the data on our end and make the judgment call. This is where it becomes difficult for us to give hard numbers. The intention to win the war must always be there. It all comes to not having a built in system within the game to stop and discourage TW wars but rather monitored on the human side. As far as I know, we are the only version that polices these types of fake bids and we pride ourselves for not turning a blind eye to it.

You don't monitor or polices these types of fake bids so don't take pride of it. If you're going to keep changing the rules to justify your stupid bans, then don't call this an official thread.

Calamity have been having 3 wars back to back for a very long time now. Those factions are intentionally glitching the newly-implemented-fake-bid-proof-TW-system but they are not suffering any consequences. Yet, when the Inversion prevented the other factions from glitching the system, their leader got banned. Not to sound too arrogant but Calamity handled all their 3-way ganks really well in the past. With Inversion/Vanquish there, or not, it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

As for why certain people aren't banned for violating these so called rules? Cashshopper for the win. Or have some cashshopping friends supporting them.

Please, just stop openning threads where you sticky, and don't do anything to make things better. Fix one issue at a time? Take a look at all stickies you've made. Stop pretending that you care.

P.S. CHARGE ENOUGH TO FEED THEM AND YOU'LL GET SPECIAL TREATMENTS FROM THESE INFAMOUS GMs. True story.
  • EverDoom - Harshlands
    EverDoom - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    omgomgomg i LOVE how all after all these changing with mirages and private bidding and no refunds and all that other WONDERFUL things, you still have to clarify to us that you will be banned with fake biddings. does this mean that the new system is obviously NOT working? cause if i remember clearly, the changes were made in the first place to PREVENT fake bidding. (ps words in BOLD show more emphasis ijs)
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Calamity have been having 3 wars back to back for a very long time now. Those factions are intentionally glitching the newly-implemented-fake-bid-proof-TW-system but they are not suffering any consequences.

How are they glitching it ? Studying and working out how the new time slots work isnt glitching.

And if they over bid other Factions to give themselves the best possible chance to win then there is nothing wrong with that either. It only becomes an issue when Factions are doing it not to try to win but to make sure the defending Faction has an easier time of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Venoblaster - Dreamweaver
    Venoblaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if that is so then inversion must be unbanned and eq banned instead since clearly inversion recruits only 75+ if i am not mistaken and they clearly had more than 20 person most likely 40 person and it was a 3 way gank ty for update kantorek

Inversion went into that TW with about 50 members of average level 90 (several 100+, mostly 90+, also 8X and a few 7X). We had 8 squads set up with leaders and missions. We were coordinated on vent. We brought the opposing crystal down to 50% health. They were faster on ours so we lost.

Now our leader has been warned that if we attack again he will be severely punished.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Inversion went into that TW with about 50 members of average level 90 (several 100+, mostly 90+, also 8X and a few 7X). We had 8 squads set up with leaders and missions. We were coordinated on vent. We brought the opposing crystal down to 50% health. They were faster on ours so we lost.

Now our leader has been warned that if we attack again he will be severely punished.
    That sounds more like an incompetent GM to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That sounds more like an incompetent GM to me.

Sounds more like a fake report to me. Inversion showed up with twice the numbers Vanquish aka "the EQ tool they were throwing at Cala" ever showed up with and fought well harder than Vanquish ever did.

At the end of the day, if any guild other than the top 3 on DW declares war on Calamity, everyone on the server has the right to report those guilds for fake bidding, plain and simple.

Things like this make me wish our GMs actually played PWI instead of certain other unnamed P2P games . . . maybe then they would have even a basic clue as to what happens in/with TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If you don't charge at least $1000 worth of ZEN and your faction is not majority cash shopper, you will be banned

I think this is what Kantorek, or should I say the Head of PW wanted to sayb:pleased.
  • evolution1234
    evolution1234 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    After reading hundreds of posts by the PWI community, I have reached the following conclusion. The update to the TW system is an absolute spark of ingenuity. On every server, we have observed more active players enjoying TW every week, more people challenging them selves with packs, nirvana, and twilight temple, and more people in support of the changes. This is clearly evident by the number of posts and shear enthusiasm by the world of perfect community. In fact, there are many more players joining the world of perfects, people are beginning to experience congestion during rush hour. What experts call "rubber banding" effect is common. To solve the problem, discussions of a new server is in the air to accommodate all the players. It is self evident and overall consensus that leaching TW fund phenomena from one large faction owning majority of land is gradually becoming history of the past. The current TW is fair toward everyone and there will not be any transgressions on any level against the GM. The removal of game injected malignant coins to the faction leader each weak have helped us to realize the supreme legitimacy of the GM. Only now did the PWI players realize how many fake bids there has been in the past (by comparing the number of bids), and the type of oppression they have been subjected to. A support for the new TW changes is a support of a more perfect world. PWI we love u b:pleased
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    After reading hundreds of posts by the PWI community, I have reached the following conclusion. The update to the TW system is an absolute spark of ingenuity. On every server, we have observed more active players enjoying TW every week, more people challenging them selves with packs, nirvana, and twilight temple, and more people in support of the changes. This is clearly evident by the number of posts and shear enthusiasm by the world of perfect community. In fact, there are many more players joining the world of perfects, people are beginning to experience congestion during rush hour. What experts call "rubber banding" effect is common. To solve the problem, discussions of a new server is in the air to accommodate all the players. It is self evident and overall consensus that leaching TW fund phenomena from one large faction owning majority of land is gradually becoming history of the past. The current TW is fair toward everyone and there will not be any transgressions on any level against the GM. The removal of game injected malignant coins to the faction leader each weak have helped us to realize the supreme legitimacy of the GM. Only now did the PWI players realize how many fake bids there has been in the past (by comparing the number of bids), and the type of oppression they have been subjected to. A support for the new TW changes is a support of a more perfect world. PWI we love u b:pleased

Please I beg you, go back to the PW torture chamber you came fromb:cry.
  • Celric - Heavens Tear
    Celric - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    (Last year): TW still balanced. Epic wars. TT90 & TT99 = godlike... ownage.
    Soon as anni packs came out, the balance of tw...... landslided... Anni packs disapear? Nope come back w/ a different name.
    Saw where this was going. *quit the game*
    Back a year later? Tw are the most boring dam thing ever. 1 sided bias. Joined empire? omg no rulez this craps fun!. Ohh no!! vs big guild. all gear +12 nirvanna. 1 shot = dead..... *Sigh* tw days are over for pwi. peace out homiez. Soon time to uninstall.
    Year's have gone by.

Got Rice?
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I just don't see a way staff can police faction affiliates/sub guilds/allies by themselves. I'm sure there is some user reporting, some of those could also be mis-informative (mal intent or not).

In my time here i have been suspicious of this MANY times. Of course unless someone makes a full confession there's no way a player could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Update
    Honestly, most of the players who are being so nit picky about the rules, are the ones who intend to abuse them.

Am I the only one who found this line disturbing? Because people are nit picking, asking questions etc a GM is saying "we" plan to abuse or cheat the system?

That is a huuuuuuuuuuuge generalization there.
    Here we go again....
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Why not remove the limit of the # of defends a faction can hold at once. Instead of having max 3 factons attacking at once, make it, however many feel like attacking. Then we won't have 1 faction owning entire map, on every single fuucking server. You dumbasses. Is it that difficult?

Stop making excuses for your greed. It's god damn irritating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

LMAO you have your head so far up PWI's **** its obviously lacking Oxygen .
  • Brocktree - Dreamweaver
    Brocktree - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Holla this went pearshaped while I was away.

First of all you need to realise that these rules have always been here. Kanto had to dig around a bit last night to find them but they are the exact same rules as were in effect when PWE first started out. Nothing has changed there.

Secondly stop flaming each other. I opened this thread against what Kanto told me to do and I can just as easily close it again if this goes too far.

For those who still don't get it:

These are the same rules as was in effect as of the first day of OB 2 years ago!

he had to dig around to find them? you know what that says to me? >.> SOMEONE with deep pockets got upset that they lost a lad and threatened to quit the game if s/he dident have retribution.

why should someone whose job it is to enforce rules have to "dig around" for said rules?

lets face it. these rules are only enforced strictly like this when the proverbial carrot on a string is removed from the sight of the horse.

in the short time ive been playing ive seen countless factions bid on tw. 99% of the time its cala. because from the time ive started cala has owned most of the map. and once again 99% of the time the chat window looked like this,

(example)
    the war over calamity's controlled territory kings feast has started. Bushido is attacking and calamity is defending.

SomeXnoob: WTS perfect iron hammer. pm offer, no reply means nty.

the war over calamity s controlled territory is over! calamity is victorious!

dose that mean Bushido went in and stood there for 30 or so seconds and watched there crystal die? or that they half assed it for one reason or another?

who can to say? the only way to be sure is to stick a gm in there wile the tw is happening. that way they can see for a fact weather or not the attacking faction is fighting with intent to win the land.

as for factions with no chance of wining. this is easily fixed in many ways.

some examples:
    make some lands unable to be entered by people of to high a level. this allows factions with the INTENT to win the CHANCE to win. you never know who the huge factions are going to send in to defend there land. tw is a lot of fun for me and others should have that fun too. level 3 lands should have a mid level range. lvl 2 lands a high level range and level 1 lands for those 100+. would make for some epic fights and levels the playing field for everyone.

has a faction held a land for a month and hasn't had it taken from them? good job. hear is a reward of eleventy buhzillion coins. now were gonna remove you from the land to open it up for another faction to take. this way the holding faction has the reward they were after and can try to bid on it again to get it back or if they prefer wait till a weaker faction takes it and take it from them if they can.

friendly fire. wanna set up boa on the attackers crystal? get ready to wipe out half the people attacking as well.

the option for different types of tw when bidding. capture the flag, fire fight, sedge, ect ect.
    this gives the option of a fact leader who is really good with tactics something other to think about then "lets take c half way and cross over to a so we can come in the unprotected door the sin in stealth mode dosent know were going after.

calamity is well geared, high leveled and smart. that's why they own the map. they deserve it. but on that same note when they take tempest off next week that means no one will ever be able to bid on there land again without risking banning there whole faction because there just gonna get rolled in the first five mins.
    "..Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... "-Kiyogashi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]There is nothing to fear in the dark. fear is not knowing what lies waiting. there is a savior in the shadows, the late knight controls what can not be seen. rest peacefully light walker... LATE KNIGHTS! EULALIAH!!!!!
  • Marche - Harshlands
    Marche - Harshlands Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Seems to be what they've always been.
    i like you, you're reasonable, and sound of mind unlike some of the rage and crying going about here.

wat waffle said lol
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    UpdateHonestly, most of the players who are being so nit picky about the rules, are the ones who intend to abuse them.

That is the single dumbest, and most **** bag comment any GM has ever made.

Me being worried about wether or not my faction leader (or any of us) will be banned if we try to TW for the fun of a mass PvP battle, even if we know we may not win, is abuse of your Fubar system?

Good to know.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Marche - Harshlands
    Marche - Harshlands Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

some examples:
    make some lands unable to be entered by people of to high a level. this allows factions with the INTENT to win the CHANCE to win. you never know who the huge factions are going to send in to defend there land. tw is a lot of fun for me and others should have that fun too. level 3 lands should have a mid level range. lvl 2 lands a high level range and level 1 lands for those 100+. would make for some epic fights and levels the playing field for everyone.

has a faction held a land for a month and hasn't had it taken from them? good job. hear is a reward of eleventy buhzillion coins. now were gonna remove you from the land to open it up for another faction to take. this way the holding faction has the reward they were after and can try to bid on it again to get it back or if they prefer wait till a weaker faction takes it and take it from them if they can.

friendly fire. wanna set up boa on the attackers crystal? get ready to wipe out half the people attacking as well.

the option for different types of tw when bidding. capture the flag, fire fight, sedge, ect ect.
    this gives the option of a fact leader who is really good with tactics something other to think about then "lets take c half way and cross over to a so we can come in the unprotected door the sin in stealth mode dosent know were going after.

please dont ever become a dev PLEASE LOL those are really sad ideas (i say sad cuz im tryin to be nice O_O)

tw has and never should be about silly lil games and whos even lvls its WORLD PvP (very coordinated but still World PvP) pressed in to a lil 80/80 area for mass combat that is all LOL...yes u have to kill the HQ but 99% of that is based around fighting your way to it

like ur Friendly fire one for example is like basically saying here ya go BMs, Mages, Barbs, and Archers **** ur faction every time u use ur Ultis

ur lvl cap one is kinda silly due to the fact what happens when say a lowbie faction of lvl 7xs bid on a land and the defending faction of say all 95+ cant get in....goes back to the rule that u basically CANT throw a TW u have to be their but you cant so what now ENDLESS LOOP OF BADNESS!!!!! (im tired go away 11 hours at work -_-) like dude ur basically at the end of ur game now lol get used to it this is how TWs will go ur 95 a barb and ur gonna have 15 lvl 100 mages rapeing u in the face with glass D*****s its how it goes :/

i like that you have ideas thats good just look at the pros and cons as well as the how would that work the TW rules we have and such i do get where u r coming from though
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    So the GMs are monitoring TWs now? They haven't before?

Also, based on some very vague interpretations the rules made, I bet you can find "grounds for banning" in every single TW faction on HT if GMs decided to go really strict....

But honestly, I don't expect anything to happen........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LMAO you have your head so far up PWI's **** its obviously lacking Oxygen .

You guys...it's called sarcasm.

Update
    For further clarification, we are by no means discouraging factions from participating in TW. The fact of the matter is, there will be factions that try to cheat the system. Honestly, most of the players who are being so nit picky about the rules, are the ones who intend to abuse them.
    Am I the only one who found this line disturbing? Because people are nit picking, asking questions etc a GM is saying "we" plan to abuse or cheat the system?

That is a huuuuuuuuuuuge generalization there.

No I was pretty offended considering a LOT of the ones "nit picking" are the ones directly accused of doing something we didn't.
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Have the people in this thread even tried to defend against a gank by the 2nd 3rd and 4th strongest factions on their server?

Honestly if a faction manages to take an entire map then the server is to blame for not doing anything to stop it.

Especially since these days level 100+ with good gear is incredibly common. On any given server there are probably 1000+ high levels with good gears.

A level 3 faction can only hold 200 members.

If the server can't manage to get 3 factions that, when they all attack at the same time, are able to take land, then that server is to blame, for sitting there idly while their map becomes a single color.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Have the people in this thread even tried to defend against a gank by the 2nd 3rd and 4th strongest factions on their server?

Have you ever tried to coordinate a gank? Getting the same timeslot is/was harder than you think, both under the new system and the old system.

Under the old system, it was based on land positioning- which means that if the 2nd/3rd/4th guilds had lands, it could be hard/impossible to do, given the other no-name guilds who regularly bid also. Even if the lands were all close together, other guilds could still easily influence timeslots, even though they may not know it.

And this new system... well it all seems a bit random to me, so really, try coordinating a gank on the strongest guild and see if you get in the same timeslot, because more often than not, you will fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Bludd - Harshlands
    Bludd - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And this new system... well it all seems a bit random to me, so really, try coordinating a gank on the strongest guild and see if you get in the same timeslot, because more often than not, you will fail.
    This. Why they don't remove the 3x limit on simultaneous attacks and allow people to choose when to attack is beyond me. It would be impossible for one faction to hold the entire map if every land they controlled was attacked at the same time. And, it would remove allegations of "messing with time slots for others".

Still waiting for GM response to my previously bolded questions. Your update answered nothing.
This discussion has been closed.