Official Territory War Bidding Rules

Options

Comments

• Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    One has to wonder why we complain for 13 pages of posts, nothing gets done around this damn place anyway. There's 133 on the original TW thread...nothing's been done.
    And it'll keep going...and going...and nothing will ever get fixed.

This calls for a QQ remark about the old PWI we all grew up with.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    One has to wonder why we complain for 13 pages of posts, nothing gets done around this damn place anyway. There's 133 on the original TW thread...nothing's been done.

Because even though it's been proven to not do anything, there's not much else we can do to voice our dislike.

inb4"back in my day we had to walk uphill in the snow with no shoes on but at least the game was well maintained"

Good times, good times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver
    SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

This is the song that never ends.
    It goes on and on my friends.
    Someone started singing it not knowing what it was,
    and they'll continue singing it forever just because,

(then repeat back at top)

On-Topic: the other thread contained too many QQ's..we need to start another one so there'd be less QQ there and more QQ here. b:chuckle
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Almost tempted to bid my 2 man SIN army faction against a Essence land to see if I get my SIN account banned. b:chuckle
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Holla this went pearshaped while I was away.

First of all you need to realise that these rules have always been here. Kanto had to dig around a bit last night to find them but they are the exact same rules as were in effect when PWE first started out. Nothing has changed there.

Secondly stop flaming each other. I opened this thread against what Kanto told me to do and I can just as easily close it again if this goes too far.

For those who still don't get it:

These are the same rules as was in effect as of the first day of OB 2 years ago!
    I know it may not mean much coming from a player, but honestly I think you made the right decision opening this for discuss, otherwise there would have been countless threads questioning it, as there already was before this one was even opened.

Though obviously not everyone is affected by these rules in the same way, it does beg the question just who is affected by these new... err old rules, and why haven't people been banned for actually breaking it before? =X

I still say inversion's leader is innocent! =x...

*shuts up* xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Small factions

Factions with too few members should not bid.

Factions with a low level average should not bid.

let's see... that means only 3 factions can bid on DW? Vanquish, Dynasty, and Equinox?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • tori2
    tori2 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Let me put this in plain english. EQ has never had renegades do any bidding for them. That is a false accusation. I have only worked with our allied factions.

You openly admitted that Inversion halted your "gank" on Calamity. Your planned out, intended gank on Calamity with your allies. Remember? The collaboration of minds before your bidding.

The only other faction to bid along side of you and Dynasty was.... Renegades! Who partook in a "fake bid" because they brought 4 members into the fight and HID. You knew this in advance. It was planned out intentionally by Equinox because you needed another "fall guy" faction. False accusations? seems that's all that's needed to get some one punished. Ask Inversion...you can claim falsely what you wish to claim. GM's didn't do any research. GM's saw the TW ended in 7 minutes and called it a day. They didn't do their job and research anything, they simply said "oh it must be true" and went along with it.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Seeing how this was posted yesterday, I can only assume they arent gonna fix their mess-up of TW. They must see the ammount of people quitting and the inactivity of the pvp servers after TW was pretty much taken away.

I guess they just dont care about their playerbase's happyness.

If the reward was implemented during the start of the server maybe it would be different, but implementing it now with a few dominant factions already owning the map was very stupid, now they can easily take over the remaining map with no resistance at all since the reward barely covers the bid + towers. Not to mention the bidder wont even get their coins back if someone else rebids on that land. So what faction is gonna risk losing coins for even a chance to enter the TW?

As suggested somewhere earlier, they could implement some random Wraith Attack to attack some faction lands once a day or so. That way it would keep open lands on the map for more TWs (since you could only defend the land if you had a lot of people online at that random time.)
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    let's see... that means only 3 factions can bid on DW? Vanquish, Dynasty, and Equinox?

Only EQ and Dyna. Maybe Tempest, if their EQ alts are fighting for them.
    tori2 wrote: »
    You openly admitted that Inversion halted your "gank" on Calamity. Your planned out, intended gank on Calamity with your allies. Remember? The collaboration of minds before your bidding.

The only other faction to bid along side of you and Dynasty was.... Renegades! Who partook in a "fake bid" because they brought 4 members into the fight and HID. You knew this in advance. It was planned out intentionally by Equinox because you needed another "fall guy" faction. False accusations? seems that's all that's needed to get some one punished. Ask Inversion...you can claim falsely what you wish to claim. GM's didn't do any research. GM's saw the TW ended in 7 minutes and called it a day. They didn't do their job and research anything, they simply said "oh it must be true" and went along with it.

Actually Vanquish did the fake bidding to help gank more often - Renegades was the one EQ hosted training TWs with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options

I know much of VQ, they can hold their own against cala.
    Dispite having left a while ago, I still know the faction, they're in general great people, and they know what they're doing in TW
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Just want to point one thing out for everyone.
    Small factions

Factions with too few members should not bid.

Factions with a low level average should not bid.

It says "should not" which implies a suggestion, it doesn't say "cannot" which would imply a rule.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Just want to point one thing out for everyone.

It says "should not" which implies a suggestion, it doesn't say "cannot" which would imply a rule.
    your name makes me think http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/Sea_otter_cropped.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options

then why did they ban a 40-man TW leader?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

I still do not understand his intentions. You can't make a TW fac and expect people to join if you don't start TWing with only a handful of members first.

40 players in TW or 40 players in the faction?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited September 2010
    Options

I know much of VQ, they can hold their own against cala.
    Dispite having left a while ago, I still know the faction, they're in general great people, and they know what they're doing in TW

The last 3 or 4 times they assisted in ganks they lasted 10-15 minutes vs 40 people or less. That's not holding their own. I'm not trying to slight Vanquish, as they have many nice skillful players, but my view of the rules is that a guild should only bid if they have a realistic chance of beating a full 80 force from the guild they are attacking. That's simply not the case with Vanquish at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The last 3 or 4 times they assisted in ganks they lasted 10-15 minutes vs 40 people or less. That's not holding their own. I'm not trying to slight Vanquish, as they have many nice skillful players, but my view of the rules is that a guild should only bid if they have a realistic chance of beating a full 80 force from the guild they are attacking. That's simply not the case with Vanquish at the moment.

So they've gone downhill since I left, it happens *shrugs*

@Kupuntu - Sanctuary: there were 40 in TW.

(was checking my messages on my other chars in forum - Psytrac, DW)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tori2
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Holla this went pearshaped while I was away.

First of all you need to realise that these rules have always been here. Kanto had to dig around a bit last night to find them but they are the exact same rules as were in effect when PWE first started out. Nothing has changed there.

Secondly stop flaming each other. I opened this thread against what Kanto told me to do and I can just as easily close it again if this goes too far.

For those who still don't get it:

These are the same rules as was in effect as of the first day of OB 2 years ago!

Kantorek himself had to DIG for these rules. How exactly were they made open and clear for any and all factions participating in Territory wars? The rules even used to claim Alaxan's supposed guilt in violation didn't even come from this list. It came from the terms of service. Which was completely and totally unrelated. Aside from the GM's violating their own ToS.

(n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

The GM's themselves in banning Alaxan over this false accusation and not researchin into the issue. Negatively effected the game play of each of Inversion's members as well as all of those now supporting and backing Alaxan and Inversion. I'd say it's a clear violation of the Terms of Service, but that's just me.

I would like to see an answer on how an alliance could work. If setting up ganks is allowed, why isn't stopping ganks allowed? It's all a part of strategy in war. Please? GM's speak to us!
    edited September 2010
    Options

Yeah, but they still have some very good members, and I can only hope they rebuild back into powerful threat again.

And to answer your other question about the 40 player TW leader getting banned - basically it happened because they beat another guild leader at their own game, so that leader got upset and reported them. I'd wager the ban came without any research being done, or they would have known that despite whatever "evidence" the other leader had - that guild put 40 people and and fought hard. It was a harder fight than we would have faced if their gank had gone through anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options

@Kupuntu - Sanctuary: there were 40 in TW.

(was checking my messages on my other chars in forum - Psytrac, DW)

Damn, my faction can usually send only like 40-50 people to a TW. Does not look good at all.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Alliances

Alliances are allowed in Territory Wars provided they are not bidding on each other others Territories.

Alliances cannot fund directly or indirectly another faction to protect one of its own territories or that of their alliance members.

Any collaboration before, during, or after a Territory War that tries to circumvent the fair play of the system is prohibited.

To myself it read's as working with allies to gank etc if fine

But the important part is the " fair play ". So what is bannable is Fac A getting an ally to Bid on one of it's lands with no intention to actually try to win it, but the purpose being to stop an unallied faction taking it.

So pretty much how it's been since day one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

For some other reason, I seriously doubt they will ban any faction small faction that always has a chance to win, a 40 man faction has a legitimate shot at winning if paired with 2 other factions that require an 80 man defense, if they are lucky enough to get the 3rd slot.

We have 8 defenses on HT and I know for a fact that 7 of those 8 RARELY bring 40 to a fight, yet they have not been banned as far as I know.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9894/20100924140409.jpg
    |
    |
    |:::::::::::::: Friday :::::::::::::|
    |
    |
    | xTAINTEDx @ Enrage.....| 20:00 |==|
    | Synesis ..@ Enrage.....| 20:03 |==|
    | TheEmpire @ Enrage.....| 20:06 |==|
    |
    |

|
    |
    |::::::::: Saturday Evening ::::::::|
    |
    |
    | Enrage....@ TheEmpire..| 14:00 |==|
    |
    |

|
    |
    |::::::::::::: Saturday ::::::::::::|
    |
    |
    | Radiance..@ Enrage.....| 20:00 |==|
    | DrkRiders.@ Enrage.....| 20:03 |==|
    | Drakon....@ Enrage.....| 20:06 |==|
    |
    |

|
    |
    |:::::::::::::: Sunday :::::::::::::|
    |
    |
    | Mortal....@ Enrage.....| 20:00 |==|
    | TERRORIST.@ Enrage.....| 20:03 |==|
    |
    |
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yeah, but they still have some very good members, and I can only hope they rebuild back into powerful threat again.

if they can get the drama away, yea, they can be. I got fed up of the drama and no one wanting to help anyone at all in the faction. in fact, the very night I left, AJey did my quests with me. Those quests had been in que for about a month, it wasn't like I was asking for a lot, I needed help. Then I mad a comment abount wanting to try out for cala, and got booted. *shrugs* I still need more leels, but then I'm going to put in another app, cause all my friends are there. I don't even care about TW to be honest, I used to go just for fun.

@SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear: That's just it though, they don't have a "chance" if they go first, so is that bannable?
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    Sazzy - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I still do not understand his intentions. You can't make a TW fac and expect people to join if you don't start TWing with only a handful of members first.

40 players in TW or 40 players in the faction?

*sigh* where have you been XD

there were 40+ members of inversion in this TW. The faction has 150+ members.
  • tori2
    edited September 2010
    Options

Moreso, Inversion has been doing TW against calamity and Equinox for MANY months. Was finally able to obtain a land from Equinox. Bid on Calamity the following week, broke up Aubree's "gank" and suddenly (even though fought hard in the fight and lost) Inversion's leader is banned?

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

On a side note, it's nice to see aubree banned now for her own violations. At least GM's are taking it serious enough to punish both sides. b:thanks
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    For some other reason, I seriously doubt they will ban any faction small faction that always has a chance to win, a 40 man faction has a legitimate shot at winning if paired with 2 other factions that require an 80 man defense, if they are lucky enough to get the 3rd slot.

We have 8 defenses on HT and I know for a fact that 7 of those 8 RARELY bring 40 to a fight, yet they have not been banned as far as I know.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9894/20100924140409.jpg
    well, see if they do, if not then you'll know they're only selective on what they enforce and where
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    tori2 wrote: »
    On a side note, it's nice to see aubree banned now for her own violations. At least GM's are taking it serious enough to punish both sides. b:thanks

Aubree isn't banned as far as I know.

Also, its pretty disgusting how everyone is trying to get Aubree banned when I don't see what she did wrong. Sure, Inversion leader was banned, yada yada, and he made a whole world chat drama about it. The personal attacks on Aubree are making the whole of Inversion look bad even though I have some good friends in Inversion (Sharky<3).

Biased as you think it may be, Aubree is perfectly within the rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Aubree isn't banned as far as I know.

I don't think she is banned either - but she did pass lead to Madison apparently - so I'm guessing she is expecting a ban and wants EQ to be able to bid next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't think she is banned either - but she did pass lead to Madison apparently - so I'm guessing she is expecting a ban and wants EQ to be able to bid next week.

No, I don't believe that is the case. I do believe I know, though I am not going to discuss it here on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tori2
    edited September 2010
    Options

Suddenly going away "for a few days" for someone w/ severe agoraphobia on an "unplanned" visit to the real world isn't as common as it seems. ofc Equinox likes to put a nice spin on it and state she's off on vacation. Weren't Ajay and Chezedude just off on vacation?

Passing lead to Madison beforehand was smart, but...I do not beleive Equinx should be allowed to bid at all this upcoming week. That in itself is another issue for GM's to handle
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options

I had no idea which faction he was talking about.
This discussion has been closed.