Twilight Temple Discussion

Comments

• SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I've been playing a while now, Longer then most of the level 100+ players that I know, (I'm lazy when it comes to doing BH's or dailies)

...Yes, I realize that this sounds like a rant, but it's all true. And honestly, I don't care about the people QQ'ing over Veno's being able to solo it before the update and how its unfair. With having to spend 100-200 dollars in Real life money, to buy a herc to be able to tank it. Yeah. its pretty ridiculous for all of you people QQ'ing about it especially when you probably get help from herc venos a hell of allot. and to this argument "I'm a 5 APS Fist BM and I've spent 200+ dollars and i cant solo stuff like that QQ" Guess what. BM's Aren't Meant To Solo. If you want a class that CAN solo for that 200+ dollars you spent, do the Logical thing and make a veno. Spend some more of your cash shopping time and buy it some oracles then get it a herc and stop QQ'ing.

You can get nix/herc w/o spending any RL money.
    You can get 5aps w/o spending any RL money.
    It just takes time. my archer is 4aps.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=b4c948321f799d5c

not a single $ spent. and there's ppl out there who don't cash shop and have much better stuff than me.

For such an "old" player, looks like u failed hard to understand the game dinamycs. not to mention market flow and $$$ making. Ive been playing since May 2008, and when I was lvl30, there were ppl lvl 100 already. I hypered a bit during my 9x. 99+ I got by grinding/making money in 3rd map, MQ, BHs, events and such.

But, if there was no need to cash shop for new players (it was more of a comodity), now it IS kinda needed. I don't imagine myself farming my ***** with the current state of TT. whats more, it seems I wont be able to farm my Illusion Stones for my 99 chest zZzZ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • NYRRAYN - Lost City
    NYRRAYN - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ok so the mob counter was broken- thats been fixed and time extended to 8 hrs and thats supposed to help how????? a friend did 3-3 they still died 4 times so im guessing i have a snowballs chance in hell of ever getting the mats i need for my 99 wep/armor etc (i refuse to spend anymore rl cash)my incentive for playing is gradually being whittled away.........b:surrenderb:cry
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    3-3, I used to be able to tank/DD all the bosses in 3-3 with a DECENT cleric, I mean like +4 or 5 G12 or higher.Sure, it would take me like 30 minutes a boss, but it was sorta doable. With a full party, with similar gear, no more than 5 minutes per boss. I kid you not, with the update, I can NO longer tank any of the bosses in 3-3. I honestly get one shot. For crying out loud, I am a 101 barb with +5 gears. Here is what I DO NOT UNDERSTAND: If what I could once do with one +5 cleric, and can now not do with 2 +10 clerics, how does doubling the time I am allowed in the instance make it any more tankable? If I could not do it in 4 hours, I doubt I could do it in 8. Mind you, I have VERY low vit for a barb, but making an instance impossible to tank for a 101 barb with +5 lunar/ HH 99 with G8 citrines... Is PWI telling me that I need to restat? That I need to spend more money? (I don't spend money on video games ;) hence f2p MMO?) As someone said like 100 pages ago, DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE, AND IF YA DID, UNFIX IT.b:angryb:cryb:cry
  • CleaMuner - Raging Tide
    CleaMuner - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    unbelievable how many people are crying about how hard it is, am i the only one who enjoys a challenge? this game has gotten easier in EVERY aspect, and then they make one instance a little bit difficult and you make 1k plus posts about why you think "its too hard". get a squad, learn to play your class and teach them to play theirs, 3-1,3-2,3-3 are not as hard as you make them sound. 90 vit barb with tt80 gold gear can charm tank 3-1, 3-2. can't imagine i would have trouble in 3-3 with a halfway decent cleric. quit the crying and leave it as is, better then before.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    We have a level 101 uncharmed tank and 23k HP do it with no deaths each time. Occasionally a squishy gets 1 shot. But it isn't really that difficult. No he does not have Nirvana +10 lol. He has TT90/99. Yes it's a little difficult. And it requires your full attention the entire fight, but it isn't impossible, or difficult. So stop with the QQ. Oh no you can't afk macro anymore and farm a boss with no effort anymore. That's a GOOD thing!

Seeing as 23k uncharmed = 15-16k charmed. I can easily see a level 87-93 full vit barb tanking this with no problem. So yea, DD barbs will fail, and seeing as their role is to tank, they should fail.. All this did is make barbs useful for something. ;)

Learn to play your class and stop oracle/hypering and complaining that you can't play your class properly and maybe you will realise TT3-1 is not hard. At all...

Of course, I hyper lol. So call me a hypocrite, at least I can play my class, so yea...

And it's only because I already farmed my TT90, and am getting bored of 9X. >.>

Stop QQ, learn to play, I hope they keep it like this. 2 mil a drop is good by me. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    if drops are 2mil+ theres something obviously wrong if they used to be around 500k on my server. apparently its not as easy as you say it is or else it wouldn't be so expensive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • venothun
    venothun Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Originally Posted by Traz - Dreamweaver View Post
    THE FIX
    They need to revert the bosses back and change how the drop rate works. They can change this to directly affect the number of people doing damage to the boss vs how well the drop rate is going to turn out.

STIPULATIONS
    -People in the squad must all be at the boss and all doing CONSTANT damage, not tag them along and let them hit once (this takes into account for 5 players doing damage 1 cleric)
    -There must be at least 4 people in squad or they all get kicked

DROP RATES
    Based on people doing constant damage the whole fight
    1 person = no drops GTFO out of SQUAD mode
    2 people = very minor drop rate but still wont be worth it
    3 people = slightly better then 2
    4 people = much better then 3 but still about 3/4 current drop rates
    5 people = same as current drop rates
    6 people = 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 the current drop rates

CONCLUSION
    You're welcome GMs I just fixed your problem in 5 minutes better then your developers could in 1 1/2 years and this stops people from farming the isntances AND keeps the players happy. Was that so hard?

this is not good i got herc for a reson so i can make money that just makes him usless grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • venothun
    venothun Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    anyway herc cant kill all bosses so stop crying and just play the game it should never trun out like that Traz if i could just meat u out in the street i would have fun braking u LMAO
  • Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    Nigelus - Dreamweaver Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ok, if now only barbr wiht 20k+ hp can do tts, why do u accept a bm,si or an archer hiting for 1.43 dps...cosue u know...rise ur hand if u are a barb that can hold agro from an archer,sin or bm that hits for 3.33dps....read what i am seeing..i am not saying 5dps...3.33 woudl be more than enough to that barb lose agro.
    u have to do 2 things, or cut the interval to all the dds, doing that u will make all isntnaces longer...will take ages to finish a single tt2-3...or as it used to be 5 hours for tt3-3....not funny at all.
    or simple change tt, do it harder is ok..doing it imposible not funny.
    i saw barbs wiht 20k+hp failing in last boss of tt3-3,,,,,,,,this is not good gms. harder is fine, imposible is killing the game.
    i know u all want as paying to play this game, decreasing dq price, killing tw payment,doing harder nirvana and tt, but gms pls dont say this is a free game anymore.
    btw...b4 updtaes u said al this things were to decrease gold price........almost 1month and gold price still the same..........soo.......dont lie to us pls.
    tyvm for ur time
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I honestly get one shot....Mind you, I have VERY low vit for a barb,

This is your problem. Fix your vit or go 5aps. b:bye

@Last poster on last page ~ Stop crying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    venothun wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Traz - Dreamweaver View Post
    THE FIX
    They need to revert the bosses back and change how the drop rate works. They can change this to directly affect the number of people doing damage to the boss vs how well the drop rate is going to turn out.

STIPULATIONS
    -People in the squad must all be at the boss and all doing CONSTANT damage, not tag them along and let them hit once (this takes into account for 5 players doing damage 1 cleric)
    -There must be at least 4 people in squad or they all get kicked

DROP RATES
    Based on people doing constant damage the whole fight
    1 person = no drops GTFO out of SQUAD mode
    2 people = very minor drop rate but still wont be worth it
    3 people = slightly better then 2
    4 people = much better then 3 but still about 3/4 current drop rates
    5 people = same as current drop rates
    6 people = 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 the current drop rates

CONCLUSION
    You're welcome GMs I just fixed your problem in 5 minutes better then your developers could in 1 1/2 years and this stops people from farming the isntances AND keeps the players happy. Was that so hard?

this is not good i got herc for a reson so i can make money that just makes him usless grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

QQ QQ QQ pick solo mode then and GTFO of squad mode, it's labeled as such for a reason.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So I don't really wanna go through the 100+ pages of stuff here, but has anyone actually be successful at finishing a full 3-3? I tried w/ a squad today on my cleric (6.6k hp/ 5.5k pdef 10k mdef 7.9-9.4k matk self buffed.. and I was charmed), didn't go so well. We were able to do most the bosses, twilight emperor, stellation, and illusion lord were just about impossible for us.

The stellation boss we didn't even try being that we didn't have a veno w/ us.. 5aps would easily out DD my healz.

Emperor seemed like we might have had a chance, but it was hitting the DD's in squad for ~13k fairly regularly. I ended up dying after that stupid occult/bubble w/e it was got on me and then the random aggro'd to me and bypassed my charm. After about the 4th fail we just skipped it. Maybe it would have worked with a second cleric.

Now illusion lord.. I have no idea wth to do against that. It doesn't random aggro, it aggro's the cleric. Tried ranged and melee tanks, and didn't matter what we did.. it would come after me and hit me for no less than 6k.. and up to 17k. Most the time I was a one shot, but I just don't have the first clue about how to fight something like that. I didn't heal too early, every time I just stacked them b4 they ran in.. let them hit it a few times.. then after my first heal the boss would start running right past whoever aggro'd it and it would chase me, nobody was able to pull it off me. Tried it a good 7 or 8 times and finally gave up.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So... are they gonna change the difficult yes or no?
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • firex007
    firex007 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well we all/most of us want it , but probably no.b:sad
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So I don't really wanna go through the 100+ pages of stuff here, but has anyone actually be successful at finishing a full 3-3? I tried w/ a squad today on my cleric (6.6k hp/ 5.5k pdef 10k mdef 7.9-9.4k matk self buffed.. and I was charmed), didn't go so well. We were able to do most the bosses, twilight emperor, stellation, and illusion lord were just about impossible for us.

The stellation boss we didn't even try being that we didn't have a veno w/ us.. 5aps would easily out DD my healz.

Emperor seemed like we might have had a chance, but it was hitting the DD's in squad for ~13k fairly regularly. I ended up dying after that stupid occult/bubble w/e it was got on me and then the random aggro'd to me and bypassed my charm. After about the 4th fail we just skipped it. Maybe it would have worked with a second cleric.

Now illusion lord.. I have no idea wth to do against that. It doesn't random aggro, it aggro's the cleric. Tried ranged and melee tanks, and didn't matter what we did.. it would come after me and hit me for no less than 6k.. and up to 17k. Most the time I was a one shot, but I just don't have the first clue about how to fight something like that. I didn't heal too early, every time I just stacked them b4 they ran in.. let them hit it a few times.. then after my first heal the boss would start running right past whoever aggro'd it and it would chase me, nobody was able to pull it off me. Tried it a good 7 or 8 times and finally gave up.

I guess you didn't see Templar's thread on the 20 min or so 3-3?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=865792
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    I guess you didn't see Templar's thread on the 20 min or so 3-3?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=865792

To bad all the posts about all the players finishing it are irrelavent to the topic...since everyone of them doesn't need a single mat from there. b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    To bad all the posts about all the players finishing it are irrelavent to the topic...since everyone of them doesn't need a single mat from there. b:surrender

and this is the point most people seem to be unable to comprehend. most of the people upset do not want to arm it......they just want their frickin gear without having to buy the mats off someone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    and this is the point most people seem to be unable to comprehend. most of the people upset do not want to arm it......they just want their frickin gear without having to buy the mats off someone else.

The instances are there for people who choose to farm their gear to do so, but right now that balance is gone. b:sad
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    CAN WE HAZ OUR FRIGN HH BACK SO WE CAN FARM OUR OWN GEAR PLOX

had a mostly mid to high 9x squad just now in hh 1-3 (supposed to be a high 8x MBY low 9x instance i think?) and several of the bosses still kicked our butts.

HH is not supposed to be gold farming dreamland for people lv100+ with +10 armors, it is supposed to be do-able by average geared people and not 10 levels over the instance.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    CAN WE HAZ OUR FRIGN HH BACK SO WE CAN FARM OUR OWN GEAR PLOX

had a mostly mid to high 9x squad just now in hh 1-3 (supposed to be a high 8x MBY low 9x instance i think?) and several of the bosses still kicked our butts.

HH is not supposed to be gold farming dreamland for people lv100+ with +10 armors, it is supposed to be do-able by average geared people and not 10 levels over the instance.

If your 9x squad got wiped in 1-3, then they fail...hard. 1-3 wasn't changed at all. Now, if you meant 3-1, I can see why.

When I tried a 3-1 a few days ago, it was with a high 9x squad, with a 100 barb tanking. We managed to kill Steelation after a couple tries, but colluseast was just too much. Having two clerics doesn't help when they both get one-shot by colluseast's AoE.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    if drops are 2mil+ theres something obviously wrong if they used to be around 500k on my server. apparently its not as easy as you say it is or else it wouldn't be so expensive

It's not easy for most of you because you're terrible at this game.

Here's an example of 99% of the people QQing about GBA in 3-1, lemme tell you a story.

I will be "Me", "Guy" will be a person who can't finish 3-1 and he's pissed.

Guy: *in World Chat* Can someone explain how to kill 3-1 GBA, we keep getting wiped.

Me: *whispers* Don't suck.

Guy: Yea very funny, do you know or not?

Me: Squad has to be 2 clerics, pure vit barb, 3 DD's. Pull GBA into big room, have 1 cleric in front of GBA, other one behind him. One cleric will BB, while the other will IH the barb. When GBA seals, the cleric that was IHing will now BB, (Edit: The reason you switch off is to get 2 sparks for BB lol.) while the other cleric will rebuff the party. When he HP debuffs, cleric will start purifying the party, barb first. When GBA starts hitting at 5 aps, barb uses invoke. When he 1 shots someone, cleric will res, while other stays in BB. Since clerics are on opposite sides of GBA, they wont get hit from same aoe at once. Giving enough time for the living cleric to res the other one. Now go try it.

Guy: Hmm... I'm gonna get on my barb and try this, I was trying to tank on my BM lol.

*A couple hours later*

*Chat message from Guy*

Guy: "Wow thanks man, he is so easy now, we ran 3-1 a couple times and killed him twice already, only a few deaths. Thanks a bunch."

True story.

So in short. Stop crying, he isn't hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    ^
    |
    |
    Ashi speaks the truth.
    Having two clerics doesn't help when they both get one-shot by colluseast's AoE.

How much HP did your clerics have buffed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ^
    |
    |
    Ashi speaks the truth.

How much HP did your clerics have buffed?

one had around 6k, and well...the other cleric was only level 86, so...it was pretty obvious. Ironically, I have about 5.4k hp buffed, and colluseast never killed me with his AoE. (though he was hitting me for around 3-4k)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    one had around 6k, and well...the other cleric was only level 86, so...it was pretty obvious. Ironically, I have about 5.4k hp buffed, and colluseast never killed me with his AoE. (though he was hitting me for around 3-4k)

5k buffed is the safe side. 4.5k is doable, but I recommend 5k.

I'd try it with another cleric then if the level 86 cleric's HP is too low. Should go better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    I have 5,500 buffed. And still get 1 shot sometimes, sometimes I only get hit for 4k. It's all luck. You can do it though, with very little deaths. And also at the intended levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's not easy for most of you because you're terrible at this game.

Here's an example of 99% of the people QQing about GBA in 3-1, lemme tell you a story.

I will be "Me", "Guy" will be a person who can't finish 3-1 and he's pissed.

Guy: *in World Chat* Can someone explain how to kill 3-1 GBA, we keep getting wiped.

Me: *whispers* Don't suck.

Guy: Yea very funny, do you know or not?

Me: Squad has to be 2 clerics, pure vit barb, 3 DD's. Pull GBA into big room, have 1 cleric in front of GBA, other one behind him. One cleric will BB, while the other will IH the barb. When GBA seals, the cleric that was IHing will now BB, (Edit: The reason you switch off is to get 2 sparks for BB lol.) while the other cleric will rebuff the party. When he HP debuffs, cleric will start purifying the party, barb first. When GBA starts hitting at 5 aps, barb uses invoke. When he 1 shots someone, cleric will res, while other stays in BB. Since clerics are on opposite sides of GBA, they wont get hit from same aoe at once. Giving enough time for the living cleric to res the other one. Now go try it.

Guy: Hmm... I'm gonna get on my barb and try this, I was trying to tank on my BM lol.

*A couple hours later*

*Chat message from Guy*

Guy: "Wow thanks man, he is so easy now, we ran 3-1 a couple times and killed him twice already, only a few deaths. Thanks a bunch."

True story.

So in short. Stop crying, he isn't hard.

You did something most dont do here. And thats actually SHARE the information. What really pisses me off is when people say "we can do it, so stop sucking" (well your 1st comment was that) but then just end it there. How is that at all helpful? Maybe if people were more willing to share information on how to deal with it rather then keeping it to their secretive little clique, there wouldnt be as much QQ.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    You did something most dont do here. And thats actually SHARE the information. What really pisses me off is when people say "we can do it, so stop sucking" (well your 1st comment was that) but then just end it there. How is that at all helpful? Maybe if people were more willing to share information on how to deal with it rather then keeping it to their secretive little clique, there wouldnt be as much QQ.

Zzz...I've had the guide up for about two weeks now. Didn't think it was that hard to find.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10117412#post10117412
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    GBA boss is fun once you figure out how to do it. b:chuckle

Also.

Hi Ashivas. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    When GBA starts hitting at 5 aps,

When did he start doing that???

Or are you mixing him up with Steelation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Wow qq much? FYI I posted how to kill Colluset in 3-3 the first week after it was changed in this very thread and I have now mentioned it I think 3 more times in this thread. I've pmed/talked on vent to many ppl through how to do it safely. Numerous ppl have mentioned how to kill Colluset in 3-1->3-3 in this thread and others. 99.99% of the ppl who come here to qq that 3-x is too hard now have nfi how to play the game/class and or their gear is way too underleveled too survive. Getting 1 shot cuz you don't have a bm or barb in your squad...hello those buffs help. Ever thing of using pdef/mdef/hp/mp charms/apothecary powders/genies ppl? There have been numerous posts w/ advice on how to survive in 3-x but we still get the ppl w/ + 0-2 gear uncharmed using no apothecary etc. who wanna qq here that 3-x is impossible.

Despite all of this ppl have tried posting hints/suggestions on how to do 3-x but it's been BURIED w/ all the nonstop qq here. There have been videos (sure of some op geared ppl) that shows GASP ppl working together w/ amps etc. simultaneously and ppl CHARMED using genies/apothecary etc. nonstop. But ppl wanna come here and qq nonstop w/out doing some research on their own/expect their answers to be spoon fed to them asap rather then SEARCHING and seeing their questions have been answered numerous times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.