Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Proof that it can be done. Or will everyone just QQ that they had a 101 wiz?! b:chuckle
    The 97 veno in the group was mine. To be fair, from what I saw, there's a high amount of randomness in it. There's very little time between when he says his line and does the AOE, so it's very easy to miss it or misfire and waste your absolute domain **** up the cycle.

So after the barb + 2 clerics, you need 3 DDs who can bring him down quickly. The longer you let the fight drag on, the greater the chance of a mistake or him using his AOEs often enough that absolute domain hasn't recycled yet. Our first attempt was a good example. He never used his AOE DD until we had him down to about 30%. After his first AOE, a pause, then he AOEd two times in about 30 sec and we wiped with him at 700k hp. The quicker you can bring him down, the less chance there is of something like that happening.

I do believe he's doable by a well-coordinated high-80s / low-90s group. The clerics in particular have to be very good. He now seems to be a boss who makes clerics actually work, instead of sitting pretty in BB while everyone else fights. But having good DDs to shorten the fight is also important to lower the chances of a wipe. So me and the 101 wizard being along definitely helped.

My job was pretty hectic too, between Amps, DDing, pet healing, watching the clerics so I could pass chi to the right one when BB dropped, and watching normal chat so I'd know when to hit absolute domain. So hectic I completely forgot about putting bramble on the barb after purges.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    wow thats kiiiiinda what i saidb:bye

I have since flipflopped since that comment. b:chuckle

It's getting to the point that at 80ish+ you HAVE to spend money to play...

TT99? Chip it out, new TT3-x is impossible to farm gold mats.

Level 100? You COULD play for a year and a half and get it, or you could hyper and spend money on it. Besides, if I were to play this game for a year and a half under level 100, i'd quit long before I got there. The leve ranges get boring very fast. 100+ is the only level range that's actually interesting and fun to play, taking a year to get there? I would quit...

Farm your gear? You COULD do it uncharmed and wipe half the time, and miraculously do it occasionally, but at that rate, it wouldn't be worth the effort or time. So you're forced to buy a charm.

MP pots? You could use the Apo pots, but theyre unbelievably expensive and very ineffective for the most part. Or you could buy tokens and buy HP/MP food.

Good gear? You could do TT, or you can buy thousands of packs and win some LG's or champ scrolls.

It's like, you COULD play for free if you wanted to, but it won't be any fun unless you do.

And if that's the case, i'd rather play FF14 for $10-15 a month. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The 97 veno in the group was mine. To be fair, from what I saw, there's a high amount of randomness in it. There's very little time between when he says his line and does the AOE, so it's very easy to miss it or misfire and waste your absolute domain **** up the cycle.

So after the barb + 2 clerics, you need 3 DDs who can bring him down quickly. The longer you let the fight drag on, the greater the chance of a mistake or him using his AOEs often enough that absolute domain hasn't recycled yet. Our first attempt was a good example. He never used his AOE DD until we had him down to about 30%. After his first AOE, a pause, then he AOEd two times in about 30 sec and we wiped with him at 700k hp. The quicker you can bring him down, the less chance there is of something like that happening.

I do believe he's doable by a well-coordinated high-80s / low-90s group. The clerics in particular have to be very good. He now seems to be a boss who makes clerics actually work, instead of sitting pretty in BB while everyone else fights. But having good DDs to shorten the fight is also important to lower the chances of a wipe. So me and the 101 wizard being along definitely helped.

My job was pretty hectic too, between Amps, DDing, pet healing, watching the clerics so I could pass chi to the right one when BB dropped, and watching normal chat so I'd know when to hit absolute domain. So hectic I completely forgot about putting bramble on the barb after purges.

Exactly. You need to use skill. And you need to be good at your class. You can't afk macro/BB entire time, and isn't that what a boss should be like? 99% of the TT bosses are just DD/BB and wait 5 minutes. Which is boring... I do think he's a tad bit too hard. And requires a charm to complete for most parties. But the people saying he is impossible simply suck at this game. That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • firex007
    firex007 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yes, i agree with u .Any average squad with a charm can do T 3-1 pretty easily with the right classes. But the real problem is with TT 3-2 ( emp ) and TT 3-3 ( emp and arma ) thats basically impossable without nirvana/TT99 gear with awesome refines.Most full squads all lvl 101/102 with nirvana gear/TT99/charmed/awesome refines fail with those. And i do agree they should of made it harder so people wont afk macro and over farm it. But what they did with those bosses in(3-2/3-3) is that they made it extremely hard and basically impossable to do. We tried doing it with barbs with 20k+ hp and rest of the squads having TT99 gear, but emp just 1 shots most of the squad members at one point.And that is with the squad evenly spread around the room. b:surrender Lets not talk about arma in 3-3...b:shutup
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i wondered when colluseast said "you hurt yourself"

why does he amp the tank and not bramble himself instead? b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i wondered when colluseast said "you hurt yourself"

why does he amp the tank and not bramble himself instead? b:bye

Don't give them any ideas, they might buff the bosses more.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They failed anyway, our top sin can do 3-3 with just a barb....not even a cleric....yeah he's making some serious coin a day.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Don't give them any ideas, they might buff the bosses more.

i heard easiest way to kill 3-1 gba boss is 5bms/sins with 5atk/sec...the boss dies before he can cast his nasty skills...

actually if they had given the bosses a bramble instead it would have made them almost impossible to power farm but still being able to do by a 9X squad...b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • KilledDream - Sanctuary
    KilledDream - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    they did what they did, and we cant farm now our gears in tt 3-3 well done chinas dews... looosers
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i heard easiest way to kill 3-1 gba boss is 5bms/sins with 5atk/sec...the boss dies before he can cast his nasty skills...

actually if they had given the bosses a bramble instead it would have made them almost impossible to power farm but still being able to do by a 9X squad...b:bye

Seat of Torment(FB99) first boss have Bramble and that never prevented a 5aps from killing it b:laugh
    they did what they did, and we cant farm now our gears in tt 3-3 well done chinas dews... looosers

3-3 still easy to farm, most people just come here Spam QQs and didn't even tried it. Anyways if you looking for endgame gear HH99 or HH99-Nirvana is just the poor people way, stay out of it.
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    3-3 still easy to farm, most people just come here Spam QQs and didn't even tried it. Anyways if you looking for endgame gear HH99 or HH99-Nirvana is just the poor people way, stay out of it.

You should really start educating others. As Killed is my friend I'm not going to say anything but still; most people don't have good enough gears to be able to farm 3-3. No matter how hard/easy it is. Even the old 3-3 was a challenge with TT90 armor +2 and TT90 +3 axes.
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You should really start educating others. As Killed is my friend I'm not going to say anything but still; most people don't have good enough gears to be able to farm 3-3. No matter how hard/easy it is. Even the old 3-3 was a challenge with TT90 armor +2 and TT90 +3 axes.

Old 3-3 was way too easy, I remember doing it in Jul-Aug 2009 with a lvl81 Barb healed by a 83 cleric and lvl 101 Veno/Archer as DDs. If Endgear HH could be tanked by a 81 barb + 83 Cleric something was wrong before.
  • ragenight
    ragenight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Old 3-3 was way too easy, I remember doing it in Jul-Aug 2009 with a lvl81 Barb healed by a 83 cleric and lvl 101 Veno/Archer as DDs. If Endgear HH could be tanked by a 81 barb + 83 Cleric something was wrong before.

Hwilight Hemple detected.
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ragenight wrote: »

Oh no.. another PvE carebear.

b:bye
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • ragenight
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Oh no.. another PvE carebear.

b:bye

Oh no... another PvP server ****** that has less kills than me that never even played Malaysian PW yet continues to use those terms to try to look cool.
  • Danteii - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Oh no... another PvP server ****** that has less kills than me that never even played Malaysian PW yet continues to use those terms to try to look cool.

I don't say HH rather than TT because I wanna look cool :P I'm just used to it since the MY server. Most of the people in Lost City use that term alongside others and we don't try to make you, PvE carebears, use them aswell.

While you tell us what's the difference between the terms TT and HH we are killing all the 'tweaked' bosses & instances you carebears cant. b:laugh
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options

LOL, I think I still have in my notebook a SS of DanteIIdiot getting 1shot by NeoNeo when he got 8jun bow back the days we played in Oracle server.

If you don't like "HH" go QQ in a HelloKitty forum, DanteIIdiot already filled the Idiot's Quota of this forum
  • Danteii - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL, I think I still have in my notebook a SS of DanteIIdiot getting 1shot by NeoNeo when he got 8jun bow back the days we played in Oracle server.

If you don't like "HH" go QQ in a HelloKitty forum, DanteIIdiot already filled the Idiot's Quota of this forum

He hit me for 25k b:cry
  • ragenight
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't say HH rather than TT because I wanna look cool :P I'm just used to it since the MY server. Most of the people in Lost City use that term alongside others and we don't try to make you, PvE carebears, use them aswell.

While you tell us what's the difference between the terms TT and HH we are killing all the 'tweaked' bosses & instances you carebears cant. b:laugh

There is no boss I can't kill, I just don't because...

A. I already have all of my... "TT" armor...
    B. This game is dead and I don't play it anymore.
    inb4 "QQ then why are you posting on forums?"
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There is no boss I can't kill, I just don't because...

A. I already have all of my... "TT" armor...
    B. This game is dead and I don't play it anymore.
    inb4 "QQ then why are you posting on forums?"

Same lame excuse from all kids that started school and mommy don't let them play anymore games before next summer b:pleasedb:laughb:chuckle
  • ragenight
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Same lame excuse from all kids that started school and mommy don't let them play anymore games before next summer b:pleasedb:laughb:chuckle

Lol how did Yulk get a character past level 50?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options

Lol well that's great, makes me proud my squads with 90 barb can't do 2-3 with 83 cleric...

Very proud in fact. At least I have a reason why I don't have TT90.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    TT will not be changed again for the time being; the mob count bug was fixed and the time limit was increased to 8 hours, and this is as far as the devs want to go with changes right now.
  • chaoticrampage
    chaoticrampage Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why was this unstickied? :(
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    TT will not be changed again for the time being; the mob count bug was fixed and the time limit was increased to 8 hours, and this is as far as the devs want to go with changes right now.

Your devs all need kicked in the ****ing balls.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• chaoticrampage
    chaoticrampage Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Your devs all need kicked in the ****ing balls.

Traz.... I agree with you. Hold them down and I'll get the steel toed boot? Or do you wanna take turns? :P
  • _evil_angel - Heavens Tear
    _evil_angel - Heavens Tear Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Traz.... I agree with you. Hold them down and I'll get the steel toed boot? Or do you wanna take turns? :P

LOL b:dirty
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

You might not like the changes, but theres no reason to be nasty and personal about it.
  • Umivee - Dreamweaver
    Umivee - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Its official... I won't get my 90 top or gold boots. |:
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You might not like the changes, but theres no reason to be nasty and personal about it.

They made it personal not me or anyone else. They decided to **** anyone out of being able to REASONABLY farm **** and I'm tired of it. They can all go to hell as far as I'm concerned and pray to god Forsaken World doesn't flop in the ****ter or they are ****ed.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

This discussion has been closed.