Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    f2p =/= p2p... Unless we're talking about PW apparently.

Sorry but ussually f2p = p2w everywhere. I'm not happy with all these changes, but honestly we're even kind of lucky we can even buy & sell cash shop currency for in game coins. Most f2p games have items required to advance in the cash shop, and no way to obtain them other then paying real money. The Problem is PWI spoiled the community with an actual nice f2p game, and then they botched it up by sending it back to the dark ages of most other f2p=p2w games out there.
  • StupedWolf - Lost City
    StupedWolf - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I just came here to say that GBA boss in 3-1 is hard to kill, I tried many times with my friends and we kept failing with 4H limit, without limit and lately with 8H limit.

Me and friends were about to give up on this boss till we asked for advice to more experienced players, it wasn't easy since we had to change some of our 8x gear, new genies with proper skills, equip charms, one of us had to get Apothecary lv5, makeover Cleric (was way too ugly), upgrade some skills to lv10 and fix the skill displacement in hot-keys bars and how/when to use pots.

I can tell that now my party (Mage85, Archer88, BM89, Barb86, Cleric89, Cleric90) is managing to kill GBA boss, we still get wiped sometimes, like 2 out of 10 boss kills so it's ok.
    In the last 3 days we got 30+ GBAs for all party :D

As agreed with our friends that helped us we wont enter in details about the advices but a big thank you to Kitamura, RedsRose and Michael_Dark b:kiss
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The HH/TT/Lunar changes that were made on PWI in reguards to increasing boss atks/skills, removing bosses (Lunar).. I have to say.. arent really fitting for the community in PWI.

The changes were made for PW-Beijing... On that server, there are many many many players with g16 (Warsoul) weapons, full +12 nirvana gears, tons of 8th rankers... Over there, they also have issues with companies you can hire to farm your gear/mats/level your character.

Doing these instances with characters that are full +12 (armors/adorns/weapons) is... easy.... Before the changes... doing these instances with rigged out chars (full +12) was.. like wandering into a low area and pegging of lvl 10 mobs.

Basically.. they upped the difficulty of the instances there.. to help counter-act the "godly" characters that farm non-stop, very fast to make a cash business for themselves.

However,

Doing these instances here.. with characters with say.. average +5 gears (which are considered "good" refines here) is.. very difficult.. or next to impossible from what I've been hearing..

I have yet to try myself.. as I've been busy leveling my characters. However I did do a Lunar run via the Trophy Mode.. and even that is really messed up. Drop rate has been drastically cut back... each boss only dropped one essence(where as on PW-MY gold mats, many essences, etc drop). The "secret" bosses are gone... The tombstones to pick your path for which way the map flows to the end are gone... No point in actually exchanging medals won in there for mats.. because.. you cant anymore.

I dont think that the PWI servers are ready for such drastic game play changes... perhaps in another year.. or two... then perhaps... Some of the things that the GMs should consider talking with the dev about are:

1. Put the old Lunar instance back in... the Solo mode, and then the party mode... complete with secret bosses... Those are difficult bosses for "average" players.. and still challenging for "cash shopped" players. while the 3m entry for the current Lunar map is a good gold sink, its not like the players here (like the players on PW-MY and PE-Beijing) are walking around with 200m coin and another 5b in coin in their bank.

2. Keep the 8 hour HH time limit... Also make Lunar also have 8 hour limit, instead of the 4.

3. Take away the "frenzied' crazy atks that the bosses in the 3-1, 3-2 and 3-3 TT instances. Keep the mob kill quests to combat any "hacks", but the boss difficulty was certainly appropriate for PWI before the current changes were made.

Farming gears is one of the things, that makes this game fun.. and challenging.... It shouldnt be made "impossible".

On the other hand... Keep the changes the way they are... and lower the prices of the draco's by 95% so that everyone here can keep up with times.. that the dev's are forcing apon the PWI community...

PWI has been lucky NOT to have been plagued by the problems and issues there are on the other servers... HOWEVER... the changes made to the game to try to combat those problems already in effect on those other servers... shouldnt also be be applied here. Why try to fix something, that isnt broken?

People have to enjoy playing the game here.. in order to keep spending money here.

Currently, I'd have to assume that the majority of the players (even the cash shoppers), will end up "chipping" their gears as much as they can... IF they continue to play and better their character. Going out with your friends to farm Lunar gears.. is out of the question... going with your friends to farm HH99 gears.. is also.. pretty much out of the question.

The refine transfer stones are too expensive to make it feasible to refine low level gear high enough to be able to make farming HH99 gears, to later transfer the refine to that.. then.. again when they want to transfer those refines to the Nirvana gears.

So.. either make it so that the instances get set back to what they were before.. or massively increase the drop rate in those instances... so that they are actually worth spending time.. and money doing them... for the better of the game on PWI.

Or.. add in the box that gives the gold mats from hh99, and Lunar back in to the cash shop b:shutup even that would be better than not being able to farm those mats normally.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    quiv wrote: »
    wall of text that is pretty much right

basically they just need to hit the reset button on TT, frost, and lunar. though ppl will QQ no not my FC exp. so give a choice at the beginning for old frost or new. there that was easy.
    equip charms

and see this is a problem. now i you are forced to use cash items in order to accomplish some game content then it is no longer a free game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    and see this is a problem. now i you are forced to use cash items in order to accomplish some game content then it is no longer a free game.

looking at your signature you are a "Full Cleric", can you explain how you do your cleric duties without cash shop??
    -You don't use MP Charms? (Cash Shop only)
    -You don't use Herb Yuanxiao?? (Token Item from cash shop)
    -How you open HH without Ultimate Substances?? (Token Item from cash shop)

just don't tell me you Meditate in middle of bosses to recover MP b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    -How you open HH without Ultimate Substances?? (Token Item from cash shop)

Damn CS has got people not knowing how to farm mats for Sub's b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    looking at your signature you are a "Full Cleric", can you explain how you do your cleric duties without cash shop??
    -You don't use MP Charms? (Cash Shop only) never used a mp charm
    -You don't use Herb Yuanxiao?? (Token Item from cash shop)havent used them yet but we are talking about buying 3 tokens (10-11k each) for 250k mp where a charm is significantly more
    -How you open HH without Ultimate Substances?? you are 103 and you dont know u can make subs from mats? oracle much?b:bye (Token Item from cash shop)

just don't tell me you Meditate in middle of bosses to recover MP b:chuckle

you see before tokens when people didnt wanna use a charm they used these things called potions. you see they restore you mp over time. also there s this guy called the apothecary. if you decided to level this skill you can create your own potions of sorts which some people refer to apoth items (stands for apothecary). you then dig up herbs (the little plants around pw) as long as you have bought a pickaxe (available at the merchant) this tool can also be used to farm mats for said ultimate substances. I did alot of this tedious thing called grinding (how people leveled before oracles and hypers and bh and the new FC etc) and I have hundreds of those potions lvl 60-90 i got from mobs.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Damn CS has got people not knowing how to farm mats for Sub's b:surrender
    -You don't use MP Charms? (Cash Shop only) never used a mp charm
    -You don't use Herb Yuanxiao?? (Token Item from cash shop)havent used them yet but we are talking about buying 3 tokens (10-11k each) for 250k mp where a charm is significantly more
    -How you open HH without Ultimate Substances?? you are 103 and you dont know u can make subs from mats? oracle much? (Token Item from cash shop)

just don't tell me you Meditate in middle of bosses to recover MP

b:bye

I know that subs can be farmed b:chuckle, just wondering if you knew that is possible to farm->sell->buy items from cash shop.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I know that subs can be farmed b:chuckle, just wondering if you knew that is possible to farm->sell->buy items from cash shop.

yes I know that that was not my point. cash shop items should be a choice not a necessity.

btw look up i editted my post have fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tainted$oul - Heavens Tear
    Tainted$oul - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    GM's, can you change TT again for about a week or so, so i can get my culti done without players QQ'ing "ohhh, it's sooo hard". kthxbai XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Lol? Why? The only time you seem to respond is in other new threads, while the stickies been up for weeks with over +100 pages & maybe 3 responses from you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well I asked my faction to help me gather some sorceress hands for my TT90 light feet and and if I remember, and some GBA for my TT90 top, and got this response. ".............."b:chuckle
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pointless topic is pointless. The change is here to stay.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    PRO thread, seriously.

Over 100 pages, almost A MONTH since GMs said they'd test it and stuff. Well, maybe they did test it but aren't allowed to post results yet.

This is my humble guess:

Sender: GM
    Receiver: Dev
    Subject: TT Test report
    Text: Guys ya'll screwed up big time, TT is **** up and its ur fault. b:shocked

It was actually tested when we said we would test it, and the bug involved was fixed as shown in Kantorek's post here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9834522&postcount=2
  • Rosie_ - Harshlands
    Rosie_ - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It was actually tested when we said we would test it, and the bug involved was fixed as shown in Kantorek's post here:

If the problem was fixed on 24th of August then please explain why ghostlord boss was still 5 or 7 aps, and many bosses still 50% hp debuff and 1 shot AOE and other crazy stuff last week (haven't tried this week yet will test tomorrow)
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

yeah good for the bug it made no real difference the instances are still impossible for random squads in WC to do. Top squads of top factions have a ***** of a time, don't believe me grow a pair and go with our top squad. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Dmgirl - Harshlands
    Dmgirl - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Think its safe to assume now that TT is back to its proper order, and made extremely challenging so few people will even think about farming it. This way, the GMs can have more room for future plans on what to do with Boutique and tokens etc.

In other words, if you don't wana use NPC equipments, give your car/house money to PWE
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Think its safe to assume now that TT is back to its proper order, and made extremely challenging so few people will even think about farming it.

3-3 can't really be farmed anymore. It can be run, but farming it is just too cost ineffective now. Considering the drop rate and how many runs it would take a party of 4 or 5 to get full set each, the old difficulty was pretty much on par with the drops. With only the difficulty changed, it's more cost effective to chip everything but the chest. But doing enough runs to get 8-10 chest drops to equip your squad, considering the new difficulty, you might just break even doing lower runs and buying them with tokens/coins.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    So i'm guessing I won't be able to get my TT 99 Wep after all... b:cry

Oh well. TT90 Green wep +3 Still pwns b:laugh

On a serious note though, is this a permanent change?
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    3-3 can't really be farmed anymore. It can be run, but farming it is just too cost ineffective now. Considering the drop rate and how many runs it would take a party of 4 or 5 to get full set each, the old difficulty was pretty much on par with the drops. With only the difficulty changed, it's more cost effective to chip everything but the chest. But doing enough runs to get 8-10 chest drops to equip your squad, considering the new difficulty, you might just break even doing lower runs and buying them with tokens/coins.

golds chiped, but greens farmed

and hopefuly you will be able to earn on them.

market still didnt adjust to change. we will see how this gonna turn out
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Just tried Twilight Emperor in 3-2 - it aoe disables, blackk balls a random player which does 5k+ damage (which killed the cleric first try) then dropped an 8k-9k AOE on everyone and killed all cept barb.

GG that's TT not doing and hundreds if not thousands stuck on their culti.

WTF were you guys thinking when this changes were brought in??? more charm sales again?

Yeh pro squads might be able to do them but others, hell no.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    golds chiped, but greens farmed

and hopefuly you will be able to earn on them.

market still didnt adjust to change. we will see how this gonna turn out

I have enough 3-3 greens to make pants + boots + weapons for an entire faction lol

Everyone that use to run 3-3 has stacks and even more stacks of 99 mats. I have an entire freaking mule with stacks of Ghost Lord dark Aura, Illusion springs, Giant beast mats, Tsun silk wips, Monarch Wills, Orbs/edges etc etc more **** mats and i was not even that big of a farmer compare to certain others on LC when i was really active. Will be so many months, maybe even a year until TT99 greens will sell for anything decent. Pretty sure most of us wont even be around when that happens b:surrender
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have enough 3-3 greens to make pants + boots + weapons for an entire faction lol

Everyone that use to run 3-3 has stacks and even more stacks of 99 mats. I have an entire freaking mule with stacks of Ghost Lord dark Aura, Illusion springs, Giant beast mats, Tsun silk wips, Monarch Wills, Orbs/edges etc etc more **** mats and i was not even that big of a farmer compare to certain others on LC when i was really active. Will be so many months, maybe even a year until TT99 greens will sell for anything decent. Pretty sure most of us wont even be around when that happens b:surrender

thats great and all but some of us actually want to play the game and farm our gear just like you all did.

here's a thought PW dev since thought seem to be few and far between. make the instances scale in dificulty based on the level of the members of the squad. same drops higher difficulty of the mobs and bosses for higher level squad. then its the same amount of a chore for a 85-90 squad as it is for a uber 100 squad because its harder for them to do. squad level is tested at a pillar that spawns the bosses and noone can leave the squad for more than say 1 minute or the boss fails, dissappears and u have to start the boss over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mistolepet - Raging Tide
    Mistolepet - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    All I can really say with these changes is F**U**C**K you s*tupid chinese devs, better usage of your time would have been making some more chinese babies on your way to global domination by weight of bodies, than actually making these changes.

That is all.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    thats great and all but some of us actually want to play the game and farm our gear just like you all did.

here's a thought PW dev since thought seem to be few and far between. make the instances scale in dificulty based on the level of the members of the squad. same drops higher difficulty of the mobs and bosses for higher level squad. then its the same amount of a chore for a 85-90 squad as it is for a uber 100 squad because its harder for them to do. squad level is tested at a pillar that spawns the bosses and noone can leave the squad for more than say 1 minute or the boss fails, dissappears and u have to start the boss over.
    THE FIX
    They need to revert the bosses back and change how the drop rate works. They can change this to directly affect the number of people doing damage to the boss vs how well the drop rate is going to turn out.

STIPULATIONS
    -People in the squad must all be at the boss and all doing CONSTANT damage, not tag them along and let them hit once (this takes into account for 5 players doing damage 1 cleric)
    -There must be at least 4 people in squad or they all get kicked

DROP RATES
    Based on people doing constant damage the whole fight
    1 person = no drops GTFO out of SQUAD mode
    2 people = very minor drop rate but still wont be worth it
    3 people = slightly better then 2
    4 people = much better then 3 but still about 3/4 current drop rates
    5 people = same as current drop rates
    6 people = 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 the current drop rates

CONCLUSION
    You're welcome GMs I just fixed your problem in 5 minutes better then your developers could in 1 1/2 years and this stops people from farming the isntances AND keeps the players happy. Was that so hard?

^^^^^^^^^^
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Figured out Dark Collest or whatever in 3-1. Maybe I'll post a guide later...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    For emperor in TT3-2, anyone thought of using those orbs/powders that "massively reduce water damage taken" for that random occult-ice DoT of his?

I would try it myself but nobody (read: tanks and/or clerics) runs TT3-2 anymore in here LOL. b:surrender
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

yea, thats main concern atm. on younger servers market will correct it faster, but on old ones..
    update which could fix 99 green a market may just break both (gold too) compeletely for long time..

wonder if gms really dont see it.

bosses would have to be easier.. they could still have their 'new' attacks but use them with much lower frequency..

3-3 is atm unfarmable cuz of effort u need to put in it and reward you can get b:surrender
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I knew exactly what BM you were talking about, thats why I called Fail ^^

Btw in my sin guild 5aps BMs under 10k HP are doing GBA boss with only 1EP b:chuckle

Thats why I call your friend NewyorkNub b:laugh

YouTube it or it never happened and GTFO.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    YouTube it or it never happened and GTFO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
This discussion has been closed.