Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Frankie,

It's clear that PWE has short sighted business "professionals" calling the shots without regard for longevity or the player base. I understand that this is a business and the goal is to make a profit, but here is the bomb, without a mostly satisfied player base there will be no game which in turn means no profit. If the powers that be at PWE are trying to make a smash-n-grab, get in get out type of game in an attempt to get as much cash in the shortest amount of time possible, well by god, I think they are just about there. I have been indifferent for just about every "update" done to this game and I still am indifferent. Instead of raging or rage quitting, I have put a personal boycott on the cash shop and I encourage all of my fellow consumers to do the same (I know packs are like crack). I just don't see the point in spending any more money on this game. I would be willing to bet that the devs have presented very good ideas but because those ideas did not seem to produce enough profit, they were dismissed. Oh well...looking ahead to my next game which will for sure have a monthly subscription.

Good Day.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It is doing this with and without the kill count....b:surrender

For 3-3? In this new 3-3 I've encountered 14k AOEs on the bosses (well into harpy levels lol) but I only see 50k when mob count is not met.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    For 3-3? In this new 3-3 I've encountered 14k AOEs on the bosses (well into harpy levels lol) but I only see 50k when mob count is not met.

As in my post about the runs I did, I only had time for 3-1. I am more then willing to test 3-2 and 3-3 baring time. 3-1 was just the easiest and time efficient to do fast. But in both cases, the boss acted no different with or without the count.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Neoardar - Harshlands
    Neoardar - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can understand why they need to change TT. There are far to many people going in there using wall hacks, multi clienting 6 characters and farming alone all day essentially solo. Put most characters on auto attack/macro= easy money to get their rank 8, nirvana, high refines etc etc.

PWI(GM's why they r paid) r lazy or useless to Banned those people ?
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey PWE

"Ya dun goofed, consequences will NEVER be the same!"

Ya_Dun_Goofed.jpg
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey everyone,

We spoke with the devs and they've agreed to remove the 4 hour time limit from TT.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey everyone,

We've spoken with the devs and they've agreed to remove the 4 hour time limit from TT.

Does that solve the issue?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey everyone,

We spoke with the devs and they've agreed to remove the 4 hour time limit from TT.

That's the "fix"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Does that solve the issue?
    Quick, rage about something else and maybe they'll fix this instead! D:

(Yes, okay, that was extremely cynical, I'm sorry ._.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't wanna stay more than 4 hours in TT ...
    Even more than 4 hours in PWib:sad at day :S
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • hot4
    hot4 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Can Boss drop some Gold instead of Coins?
    I really can't afford the 400k gold price.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    SWEEEEET!!!

Now I can get charm ***** for more than 4 hours.

The 4 hour limit was the ONLY recent change that actually made sense.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BellFire - Heavens Tear
    BellFire - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    IMO the thread will be just an another pointless thing that they have come up with hoping we will post there to rant and rant and still keep a glimmer of hope that maybe if they are allowing a discussion thread to go on they MIGHT do something about it some time in the near future which of course will never happen. We can expect them to let us rant n QQ for a couple of weeks before finally coming out right to tell us sorry we arent gonna be changing anything deal with it.

The main reason would be yes even though the game will lose a lot of its heavy csers that have sunk thousands of dollars in this game there will be new people coming in to try the game and think maybe just maybe if i cs i might become better and with better gears i will succeed in this game only to get disillusioned at some point in the future and to like those before quit the game for a better one only to be replaced my more new people with the same train of thoughts.
    IT will be just a vicious circle where only the players would be the losers. PWI will still be getting its steady income. Because the game will always get new people coming in with the hopes that if they cs they might succeed in the game. I sincerely doubt the devs would bother to actually read our opinions and needs and wants and do something about it for once.

Or as i've seen from the previous MMO i was playing, they would simply take the voice of the minority that think the new TT changes was a great idea and pass it as *WELL the players have spoken they think its a good challenge so in regards to their reaction we will be keeping the current changes made to TT*

I did the 3-3 bh on my cleric she is okishly geared with half her gear being tt 90 +4 and tt 99+5 with lunar ornaments and tt 90 gold necklace and the tt 99 weap on+ 6 i still had a very very hard time staying alive even with apo pots def charms and an hp charm. it is impossible to live when i get sealed stunned and hp debuffed and attacked for 4.2k followed by a 3.5k while trying to rebuff the tank heal it and keep it alive and trying to ress half of the squad that's lying dead from being 1 shotted.

Removing the 4hrs limit does nothing but show us how clueless they are. The bosses would still be impossible to kill not just because of time limit but because of the level of difficulty they've implemented especially for an averaged geared squad of lvl 90+ trying to farm their TT 99 gear
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey everyone,

LOL!

That would be an epic troll if it were a troll.

b:surrender
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    is see lotta potential in latest update

finally tt cant be done even with best gear if you do it wrong.

tho they could give us bit more time for reaction.

i would love to try it with full sq.. but when $-team barely do it, after few attempts (more due to luck and super high DPS, so they got in light-combo pattern) everyone on DW avoid TT like they could die IRL there
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey everyone,

THE FIX
    They need to revert the bosses back and change how the drop rate works. They can change this to directly affect the number of people doing damage to the boss vs how well the drop rate is going to turn out.

STIPULATIONS
    -People in the squad must all be at the boss and all doing CONSTANT damage, not tag them along and let them hit once (this takes into account for 5 players doing damage 1 cleric)
    -There must be at least 4 people in squad or they all get kicked

DROP RATES
    Based on people doing constant damage the whole fight
    1 person = no drops GTFO out of SQUAD mode
    2 people = very minor drop rate but still wont be worth it
    3 people = slightly better then 2
    4 people = much better then 3 but still about 3/4 current drop rates
    5 people = same as current drop rates
    6 people = 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 the current drop rates

CONCLUSION
    You're welcome GMs I just fixed your problem in 5 minutes better then your developers could in 1 1/2 years and this stops people from farming the isntances AND keeps the players happy. Was that so hard?

If you don't revert the TTs and fix a bug I KNOW is there. Then you sir along with the rest should be fired, have a nice day. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL!

That would be an epic troll if it were a troll.

b:surrender

b:chuckle Frankie listened to my advice. Oops b:surrender

All the TT stuff reminds me of the when Nirvana came out. Was in one of the 1st squads to go there, no guide no nothing... Last boss especially wasn't pretty. <.< After that run I didn't do Nirvana for months; till I went with a decent squad a lot later. Now it's a piece of cake, even with the new changes in it.

Yeah the new TT won't get that easy - but will learn to handle it better after more runs & practise. Was talking with a friend who used to do Old lunar & Frost, he was saying the new TT is still easier :o.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    is see lotta potential in latest update

finally tt cant be done even with best gear if you do it wrong.

tho they could give us bit more time for reaction.

i would love to try it with full sq.. but when $-team barely do it, after few attempts (more due to luck and super high DPS, so they got in light-combo pattern) everyone on DW avoid TT like they could die IRL there

The good news is you don't need to worry about mob counts now. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey everyone,

OK....after thinking a min.

Below is a genuine offer:

I am inviting you or any other GM into HH with me and a squad. Now...you can even have "op" (full nirvana/+7 to +10/HH99/event/etc)gear like the rest of the 100+ squad.

We will then run a 3-3 and you can then see for yourself.

This is an open invitation and you can contact me when you are ready to take me up on this offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options

I am inviting you or any other GM into HH with me and a squad. Now...you can even have "op" (full nirvana/+7 to +10/HH99/event/etc)gear like the rest of the 100+ squad.

This is an open invitation and you can contact me when you are ready to take me up on this offer.

Already messaged him about it, guess he's to scared to go through as well.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options

Already messaged him about it, guess he's to scared to go through as well.

I am being 100% serious.

I can get a squad of the 6 BEST GEARED PLAYERS ON LC to run this. +12 nirvanas, +10 gears, +10/11 5.0 claws/fists....You NAME it I can get it in this squad.

THEN they can tell me the bosses ARE NOT in a PERMA FRENZY!!

If I cannot run 3-1....3-1 for heaven's sake...SOMETHING is wrong....My veno at 83 TANKED 3-1 behe with the Herc.....Now a 101 assasain and 101 Rank 8 cannot? Knock knock..hello?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    filter circumvention - frankieraye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    filter circumvention - frankieraye

Frankie posted on page 31, albeit not a real fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I am being 100% serious.

I can get a squad of the 6 BEST GEARED PLAYERS ON LC to run this. +12 nirvanas, +10 gears, +10/11 5.0 claws/fists....You NAME it I can get it in this squad.

If I cannot run 3-1....3-1 for heaven's sake...SOMETHING is wrong....My veno at 83 TANKED 3-1 behe with the Herc.....Now a 101 assasain and 101 Rank 8 cannot? Knock knock..hello?

:o Use a barb maybe? Finally they becoming useful again in TTs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I am being 100% serious.

And I was also sincere in my pm to him on the forums. I'm in the top faction on Dreamweaver and can get all the same types of players to show just how dumb a "remove 4 hours from TT" was after one of them would go through just one time.

My I add an edit that one of our top squads went and killed harpy wraith last night...then they did a tt3-3 and couldn't kill steelation.....WTF PWI....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I am being 100% serious.

Here is my (tentative) Squad (all refines +7 or better...most WAY better):

101 Ep: RedsRose (Rank 8)
    102 BM: NyKage (20k hp, 5.0)
    101 Barb: Susamajii (30k+ hp, 5.0)
    102 Veno: ElecktraArya (10k+ hp, nirvana)
    102 BM: Michael_Dark (5.0, +11 claws/fists)
    102 Wizard: Elayne (+12 Nirvana, etc)

You will not find much better then the above...any substitutes are equal to the above...I can give more stats if want....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Woaa now don't totally remove the time limit as people will still be cheating by saving instances. Increasing the time limit to 10 hours or so is fine since bosses take longer than that to respawn.

Now the real issue is that the bosses in 3-3 have been tuned for squads in full TT99 / Nirvana gear while they provide gear for players in tt90 who want tt99. The difficulty of those bosses tho is better suited for something like Nirvana or a new 3-4 instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Neoardar - Harshlands
    Neoardar - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Admin and GM's don't Joke, the Devs don't decide what changes need to be done in game. The GM's tell Dev's what changes need to be done.
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Here is my (tentative) Squad (all refines +7 or better...most WAY better):

101 Ep: RedsRose (Rank 8)
    102 BM: NyKage (20k hp, 5.0)
    101 Barb: Susamajii (30k+ hp, 5.0)
    102 Veno: ElecktraArya (10k+ hp, nirvana)
    102 BM: Michael_Dark (5.0, +11 claws/fists)
    102 Wizard: Elayne (+12 Nirvana, etc)

You will not find much better then the above...any substitutes are equal to the above...I can give more stats if want....

Replace Arya with Kitamura and you're good. b:chuckle
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Frankie posted on page 31, albeit not a real fix.
    Figures, I read all the posts from page 1 to 27 lol. Then got bored seeing as the GM(s) weren't saying anything, so yea, I retract my statement.
    Hey everyone,

Why not just do what the guy on page 1 said? Lemme find post...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
This discussion has been closed.