Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

Please discuss Twilight Temple changes from the most recent patch here.

Thanks!

boss channeling time should be increased a bit.

this would help more casual players and those with worse ping a lot
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    boss channeling time should be increased a bit.

this would help more casual players and those with worse ping a lot

Agreed, Alacrity of the Beast can't cancel it anyways, as you saw when we got squad whiped like 6 times vs. GBA boss. It channels faster than it's meant to, and it channels more spells. Maybe the new TT is meant for 1 cleric, 5 barbs with awesome teamwork focused only towards canceling.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Agreed, Alacrity of the Beast can't cancel it anyways, as you saw when we got squad whiped like 6 times vs. GBA boss. It channels faster than it's meant to, and it channels more spells. Maybe the new TT is meant for 1 cleric, 5 barbs with awesome teamwork focused only towards canceling.

And they all need to have earthquake on pure vit genies each taking turns using up their genie stamina.
  • Llewellyn - Lost City
    Llewellyn - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    omg worst and most dumb change ever, i realy feel like cursing like crazy on GM + DEV both are simply pissing me off with all those changes lately, it better be fixed soon
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    pure mag or mag/vit hybrit will work better

anyway

increasing channel even by 1s would be help imo

gives more time to react in case if aoe go tru or boss combo

for me with my pings it s hard to cancel my heals (especially when stupid IH cast twice not intended) and react in time and im one of those faster players

maybe i just need more practice and more dependance on apo. will see b:sleep
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    bimbrain wrote: »
    absolute domain - 135 energy
    tree of protection - 70 (minimum) up to 115 (max) energy
    Total genie energy spent = 205 to 250

I call bull....b:bye

Who's gonna use all of them at the same time? -silly person. b:chuckle
    Originally Posted by Traz - Dreamweaver View Post
    THE FIX
    They need to revert the bosses back and change how the drop rate works. They can change this to directly affect the number of people doing damage to the boss vs how well the drop rate is going to turn out.

STIPULATIONS
    -People in the squad must all be at the boss and all doing CONSTANT damage, not tag them along and let them hit once (this takes into account for 5 players doing damage 1 cleric)
    -There must be at least 4 people in squad or they all get kicked

DROP RATES
    Based on people doing constant damage the whole fight
    1 person = no drops GTFO out of SQUAD mode
    2 people = very minor drop rate but still wont be worth it
    3 people = slightly better then 2
    4 people = much better then 3 but still about 3/4 current drop rates
    5 people = same as current drop rates
    6 people = 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 the current drop rates

CONCLUSION
    You're welcome GMs I just fixed your problem in 5 minutes better then your developers could in 1 1/2 years and this stops people from farming the isntances AND keeps the players happy. Was that so hard?

I think what they're trying to deter is the multiboxers from farming to give others a fairer shot in the TT market. Making it impossible for venos to solo pisses off people who paid cash for their Herc or others who invested in high end gear.

If anything the devs should probably explain clearly why they make changes because it seems so many don't get it.

Expecting players to be at their keyboard so they can respond isn't an unreasonable change.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear
    EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:surrender I think everyone is forgetting that the level cap in some parts of the world is much higher than it is here. Ergo, we have a helluva hard time doing it, but others walk through it with ease.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Before Coolueast attacked: it was clear that it switched aggro to me. I had sufficient time to bramble hood, absolute domain, feral concentration, tree of protection, etc. I'm also using the supposed crappy legendary gear primarily. The cleric had plenty of time to res me (my own fault for dying) and the BH otherwise went pretty smooth. Gone are the days of afk macro / toothpick jam -QQ.

Pay attention for once. It was an AOE. Random agro didn't matter. It used one skill and 1 shotted the entire party at the same time. I happened to be under invoke at the time so I didn't die.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/liandera/2010-08-1916-19-45.jpg

Take a look. Notice the position of the veno compared to the herc. Had the veno died when the boss random agroed her, the herc would not have still been hitting the boss way over there, and just starting to vanish at that moment.

The boss was standing exactly where it was there most of the fight. I threw up an invoke after it debuffed me, then it 1 shotted the whole party with an aoe.

Something tells me you've never even been to the new 3-x TTs.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • truekossy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:surrender I think everyone is forgetting that the level cap in some parts of the world is much higher than it is here. Ergo, we have a helluva hard time doing it, but others walk through it with ease.

Official level cap was changed from 150 (P2P version) to 105. Easily notable by Warsong/Nirvana as well as the level 100+ quests that try to send you to kill a boss which no longer exists.

That aside, due to the steep EXP curve post-100 and the fact that Hypers are relatively new, it's highly unlikely for anyone to have reached that far past 105 yet even on the Chinese servers. That plus the fact that gear matters more than level and the best gears in the game are level 80-100 and... well... yeah.
  • EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear
    EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Have you looked on the Database at the legendary stuff over 100?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Have you looked on the Database at the legendary stuff over 100?
    Yes I have, but I'd like to point something out to you.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28506 Level 101 Rank 9 daggers
    http:--- oh wait... there aren't any daggers for above that level because the Devs have the game's level cap at 105 and thus have no need to make daggers for beyond that unlike how they kept old things from the P2P version where the cap was 150 (like the items on WQ that were used for the housing system, or armors that have a level req of above 105) in the game.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Official level cap was changed from 150 (P2P version) to 105. Easily notable by Warsong/Nirvana as well as the level 100+ quests that try to send you to kill a boss which no longer exists.

That aside, due to the steep EXP curve post-100 and the fact that Hypers are relatively new, it's highly unlikely for anyone to have reached that far past 105 yet even on the Chinese servers. That plus the fact that gear matters more than level and the best gears in the game are level 80-100 and... well... yeah.

There's also no proof or official word that the original PW1 even had any players hit 105 or even pass it.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There's also no proof or official word that the original PW1 even had any players hit 105 or even pass it.

I have never seen anything that supports anyone passing level 105 this is true. However if jade dynasty could be used as an example here:

Level cap of 150. They were about to release an expansion and started spamming 2x exp events for the purpose of getting everyone to said level. Once they released the expansion, the level cap was effectively doubled.

No guarantee we will get something like that on PWI of course, but its something to think about.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • Voski - Lost City
    Voski - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

is there proof that their "fixes" are promoting more people to play rather than quit either?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd like to get some detailed descriptions of what exactly you're experiencing in the instance.

why? why should we tell *you*, and the others who run the game, what you all have done? *we*, the players, have no hand in how the game is programmed-you guys do. so you all know perfectly well whats wrong...a freaking list from here to the moon, that havent been addressed since the game started.

so get off your collective buns, and FIX THE PROBLEMS! ALL of them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well I just tried Dark Colluseast with a BH party (randoms). Majority of the time we lost it, it was due to him stunning everyone then resetting, even if the party was all within range. Other than that, the chain sealing+purge, stuns, HP debuff is too much. At one point he sealed and purged then stunned immediately after. We wiped about 6 times, majority of us deciding it wasn't even worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can understand why they need to change TT. There are far to many people going in there using wall hacks, multi clienting 6 characters and farming alone all day essentially solo. Put most characters on auto attack/macro= easy money to get their rank 8, nirvana, high refines etc etc.

I believe this is also why nirvana was changed. People were farming nirvana solo with all of their lvl 100+ accounts and getting full nirvana sets in less then a month.

Next to be nerfed will be frost and lunar (again).

If people stopped taking advantage of the game, every day normal players who don't cheat wouldn't have to deal with impossible instances where their only choice left is to cash shop gear.

While I agree that TT bosses should be changed to discourage and make multi clienting more difficult.. the changes made now are far to extreme and need some "minor adjustments".
    The average player who has average gear should be able to farm instances too without spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on this game.

While I understand that PWI is a business and we all know what the bottom line is... there needs to be some balance between having your "free to play" game for casual cash shoppers and the high rollers. More and more of your player base are starting to lose hope that anything will ever be back to the way it was over a year ago with balance.... and are starting to look/consider going elsewhere to get their gaming fix.
    b:bye
    b:bye
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Who's gonna use all of them at the same time? -silly person. b:chuckle
    THE FIX
    They need to revert the bosses back and change how the drop rate works. They can change this to directly affect the number of people doing damage to the boss vs how well the drop rate is going to turn out.

STIPULATIONS
    -People in the squad must all be at the boss and all doing CONSTANT damage, not tag them along and let them hit once (this takes into account for 5 players doing damage 1 cleric)
    -There must be at least 4 people in squad or they all get kicked

DROP RATES
    Based on people doing constant damage the whole fight
    1 person = no drops GTFO out of SQUAD mode
    2 people = very minor drop rate but still wont be worth it
    3 people = slightly better then 2
    4 people = much better then 3 but still about 3/4 current drop rates
    5 people = same as current drop rates
    6 people = 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 the current drop rates

CONCLUSION
    You're welcome GMs I just fixed your problem in 5 minutes better then your developers could in 1 1/2 years and this stops people from farming the isntances AND keeps the players happy. Was that so hard?

I think what they're trying to deter is the multiboxers from farming to give others a fairer shot in the TT market. Making it impossible for venos to solo pisses off people who paid cash for their Herc or others who invested in high end gear.

If anything the devs should probably explain clearly why they make changes because it seems so many don't get it.

Expecting players to be at their keyboard so they can respond isn't an unreasonable change.

Um no they ****ed up the mob kill quest somehow but changing aggro on a few bosses, and it needs to be fixed and then add in my switches. All will then be right with the world and we can all go back to playing instead of having to tell an admin how his own co-workers ****ed up a patch to which he has access to all the information for....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Um no they ****ed up the mob kill quest somehow but changing aggro on a few bosses, and it needs to be fixed and then add in my switches. All will then be right with the world and we can all go back to playing instead of having to tell an admin how his own co-workers ****ed up a patch to which he has access to all the information for....

Call me stupid but both the patch notes and Kanto's response said the same thing: "it is intended change" so isn't it kinda weird? Doesn't make sense to say that the bosses are "bugged" ie. killing mobs won't make any difference. The current situation doesn't make any sense either though.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Call me stupid but both the patch notes and Kanto's response said the same thing: "it is intended change" so isn't it kinda weird? Doesn't make sense to say that the bosses are "bugged" ie. killing mobs won't make any difference. The current situation doesn't make any sense either though.

The patch notes said aggro was changed, not oh and the bosses are now in perma frenzy mode ignore mob counts, and i'm sure changing one thing has never messed up anything else they've previously done before. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think GMs should make a little party and go try new 3-3!!!

Obviously using a GM's Cloak or a GM's Sword is NOT allowed, they have to wear same gear as the average 99+ player.

Than tell us if the new changes are fair and reasonable. Frankly i dont think they would make it past Steelation.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I ran BH 3-3 again today and instead of dying just 2x it was repeated over and over. I'm now convinced that the squad / capabilities play a large part. The other day we had an interval barb and a BM. Today we lacked a BM, used a non interval barb and had an extra cleric.

I'm gonna be pickier on who I run this with now cause the first time I only died 2 preventable times while getting L11 res. This time I died over and over and got L10 res.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm gonna be pickier on who I run this with now cause the first time I only died 2 preventable times while getting L11 res. This time I died over and over and got L10 res.

Pretty soon we will see WCs like this: "Need a cleric with level 11 res for 3-3".
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok, since most are either not reading or just..discussing random **** ****. Here

The kill-count is bugged. Bosses are in permanent frenzy mode regardless of how many mobs you kill

Now, discussing "why they made TT harder" is idiotic since this is obviously a bug. What I want to see is one of the retar--GMs post when/if this will be fixed or any insight on the situation at all.

Or are you also going to ignore my size 7 font asking for a GM to reply to the situation after the players did your job for you and found the bug?
    When will this be fixed?
    Is this going to be fixed?
    Is there any other reply you can give besides "Forwarded to the reta--Devs in china"?

Size 7 ftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    discussions don't get us anywhere. nothing gets fixed. every patch something gets changed without anything that resembles halfway intelligent thought processes from PWE (china or here).

i'm done spending my money on this game. unless major changes are made i doubt i'll even play anymore really. why should i have to spend 4 bucks every few days on a new charm just to go farm tt90 for others ( already got my gear) because without it means death is a certainty and with it means it's still gonna happen most the time.

i dont buy into the "mob count bugged bosses are frenzied" bit. try fighting the bosses without killing the mobs. they hit for 50k in frenzy mode, not 3k 5aps.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TT was fine as it was before this patching , even though the challenge was more like having the patience to run it enough times to farm all the mats.

I'd rather seen they (the devs) added an "elite" mode with the current
    difficulty but with increased drop rate. Better for both average and good geared players.

edit: I suggest people start farm world bosses before they too are made tougher.
    This is my signature. It is my sin in stealth mode.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    discussions don't get us anywhere. nothing gets fixed. every patch something gets changed without anything that resembles halfway intelligent thought processes from PWE (china or here).

i'm done spending my money on this game. unless major changes are made i doubt i'll even play anymore really. why should i have to spend 4 bucks every few days on a new charm just to go farm tt90 for others ( already got my gear) because without it means death is a certainty and with it means it's still gonna happen most the time.

i dont buy into the "mob count bugged bosses are frenzied" bit. try fighting the bosses without killing the mobs. they hit for 50k in frenzy mode, not 3k 5aps.

I guess you did ignore his post above, 2 ppl HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT KILLING MOBS TO TEST AND IT'S BUGGED......b:angry
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Having had considerable experience with the new 3-3 I do not believe the instance is farmable any more by average players. Squads with full stacked 5 aps can still get through fairly well relying heavily on apothecary and chaining Absolute Domain but due to the cool downs on those they are not viable if the boss can't be kiled within a couple mins.

The bosses now have numerous special AOE attacks, any one attack can be managed but if the fight drags on it is possible to have several attacks in a quick combination such as AOE Purge + -50% HP debuff + mana drain + physical aoe. I shudder to think what an average squad in TT90 gears would do against that.

As to the bosses being stuck in "frenzy mode". I don't believe thats the case as that is typically characterized by a 50k attack... at least for 3-3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think GMs should make a little party and go try new 3-3!!!

Obviously using a GM's Cloak or a GM's Sword is NOT allowed, they have to wear same gear as the average 99+ player.

Than tell us if the new changes are fair and reasonable. Frankly i dont think they would make it past Steelation.

i love you lily but you're wrong
    even without gm's cloak or gm wep they could still manage to kill boss
    24/7 immune ftw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

It is doing this with and without the kill count....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
This discussion has been closed.