Twilight Temple Discussion

Comments

• Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    It's not so. Armored Bear is 3524HP at 100, Herc is 4630 at 101. No way does an AB gain over 1k HP in a level. The Armored Bear has very limited use and becomes obsolete. It's not worth hatching.

but you can bypass that by using the $200 USD you were going to spend on a herc and making a barb and cleric and buying another computer.... or you can make a fist veno that uses bramble and bramble hood only... lol
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2010
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I went into TT 3-1 with a faction group today just because we were curious. We only had one cleric so we knew we probably wouldn't make it with the changes... but here's the thing. I do not have the best gear, but it is not bad. Only TT99 sleeves so far (the rest regular tt90), 90 gold hat, cape of elite leather, etc.... but with no BB, the AoE from Dark Colluseast in 3-1 one-hit me.

So then, has this patch doomed me to never be accepted to a BH100 TT 3-3 party? It is sounding that way from other posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    but you can bypass that by using the $200 USD you were going to spend on a herc and making a barb and cleric and buying another computer.... or you can make a fist veno that uses bramble and bramble hood only... lol

The only people that need to spend $200 on a herc are the ones that spend coin on getting their level up or focused on xp also. Simply playing the game should afford any veno a herc by their 80's.
    I went into TT 3-1 with a faction group today just because we were curious. We only had one cleric so we knew we probably wouldn't make it with the changes... but here's the thing. I do not have the best gear, but it is not bad. Only TT99 sleeves so far (the rest regular tt90), 90 gold hat, cape of elite leather, etc.... but with no BB, the AoE from Dark Colluseast in 3-1 one-hit me.

So then, has this patch doomed me to never be accepted to a BH100 TT 3-3 party? It is sounding that way from other posts.

Before Coolueast attacked: it was clear that it switched aggro to me. I had sufficient time to bramble hood, absolute domain, feral concentration, tree of protection, etc. I'm also using the supposed crappy legendary gear primarily. The cleric had plenty of time to res me (my own fault for dying) and the BH otherwise went pretty smooth. Gone are the days of afk macro / toothpick jam -QQ.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • DDEShare - Raging Tide
    DDEShare - Raging Tide Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I ask again (although I can guess the answer already), has anyone here gone into 3-1 as a Lv89/90 with regular gear, stuff like G7 sharded TT70, mold 77, heck even TT80 gold if the person was rich enough? If 9x with TT90 are having trouble with 3-1 I don't see how it's possible to complete it as a Lv89...
    "There's no art to find the mind's construction in the face."

Proud member of Playboy b:victory
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This whole patch = Herp Derp.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay..so I did a full 3-3 today, emperor beast and minister we're easy peasy

Steelation..yea was a pain in the ****, the archers and bm got insta ***** by the 5 aps
    Guess all is needed is to kite the boss when he buffs himself, my demon purge wasn't good enough to keep up, + I was stunned/slept 75% of the time, no genie skills or demon summer sprint could keep up, just need to kite a bit I say.

Arma..LOL..ok he 1 shots the cleric, me, the archer, within 30 seconds, he hit me for 5k+ through hood..then yea dead..he hit our BM for 27k lol..and he managed to kill the tank with 150k HP left yay..

We got it killed after the 2nd try, but I can safely say that this boss is not possible without a SEVERELY well geared squad..as in mostly all +10 stuff, and even then you still die :P
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010

You're lucky, the AOE of that one one hitted my entire squad UNDER BB (except barb who managed to run away), beast was at 140k hp so it probably works as ape, the closest to death the strongest the attack, we were all around 95, what can a lvl 87-89 (the ones that actually need those mats) hope for?

Really i'm willing to be part of a test group to show if beast is doable with gear a lvl 8x can get, i still have my TT80 gold plate and legs on my bank and can easily get the shoes and bracers, if someone else is interested let me know, i'm up for it
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • iamcleric
    iamcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'd like to get some detailed descriptions of what exactly you're experiencing in the instance.

Are you *ing serious?

Do you not test out a patch before applying it?

LOL!

Doesn't the patch come with a detailed description from the devs? Or do you apply them blindly?

LOL!

Oh and another discussion thread? Seriously?

LOL!

Next thing we know, it's closed with an INACTION from your side.

LOL!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Once again: I am still convinced there is a glitch in the mob counter = bosses in PERMA Frenzy mode

OK...I am quoting myself here.

As I said I would, I ran 3-1 tonight a few times.

The 3-1 Behe acted THE SAME WAY with or without the kill count.

Once again read the above....First run we managed but the second run -->

We party wiped 3 times and after that and 7ticks/6ticks/12 ticks, AD, Immunity pots and 3 dolls and a res scroll...we left.

Boss Did the following: (sometimes more then one thing at the same time)

Sharptooth HP to 50%

AOE debuff

Seal

Stun

100% Pdef debuff/Armor Break

Random Aggro

NOW....let me tell you my squad:

101 Assassin:
    5.0, rank 6, 8k hp, fully sharded HH99/Rank gear
    100 Assassin: Standard HH99 gear, refines average +5, 6k hp
    92 veno with Herc: Full HH90 set +5 - +8, Full AA, Herc to level, HP 5k and pdef in fox 6.6k
    101 EP: Rank 8, 7.3k hp, Pdef 8.6k, 4 pieces +10 all others +7-+8, consisting of event, rank, 99 and nirvana

^ AT the very least, the 101 Assassin and myself should have been able to pull this off. I was able to constantly res both Assassin's in my party more then a few times, as well as heal and buff. However, at more then a few points there was nothing the charm could do.

So....think about 3-2 and 3-3. Now, I will most likely go again to see if there is some odd thing that could be done to assist in this boss. However, I am SURE that the boss is now in constant Frenzy mode, which I am not sure if this was intended.

I can assure you though, more likely then not an averagely geared squad of high 8x to low 9x would have a MAJOR difficult time in doing this boss. The other bosses were fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • bimbrain
    bimbrain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Before Coolueast attacked: it was clear that it switched aggro to me. I had sufficient time to bramble hood, absolute domain, feral concentration, tree of protection, etc. I'm also using the supposed crappy legendary gear primarily. The cleric had plenty of time to res me (my own fault for dying) and the BH otherwise went pretty smooth. Gone are the days of afk macro / toothpick jam -QQ.

absolute domain - 135 energy
    tree of protection - 70 (minimum) up to 115 (max) energy
    Total genie energy spent = 205 to 250

I call bull....b:bye
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Then I think we can safely assume that this is all a bug.

(And it will get fixed in a year or so.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Then I think we can safely assume that this is all a bug.

(And it will get fixed in a year or so.)

TBH...I really think this could be the case. I am willing to try again tomorrow, but if this is the case = LOL

But all I know it...the boss acts the EXACT same. There was no difference in the attacks, debuffs, etc b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    bimbrain wrote: »
    absolute domain - 135 energy
    tree of protection - 70 (minimum) up to 115 (max) energy
    Total genie energy spent = 205 to 250

I call bull....b:bye

Even though he's a tool :P I'm sure he meant he had the option to use either or
    Besides, even if he didn't mean that, my genie has 205 Energy, and is nowhere near full vit, so it's possible.

And Red, if it's like that then there's no way a normal squad (80-90) can do that :/
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i don't get these topics, its not like they are going to change it anyway
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TBH...I really think this could be the case. I am willing to try again tomorrow, but if this is the case = LOL

But all I know it...the boss acts the EXACT same. There was no difference in the attacks, debuffs, etc b:surrender

Then I think it's time to submit those tickets so they can fix it D:
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • HaIIie - Lost City
    HaIIie - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Everything makes sense :D

farm your gold gear/ coin farm = not profitable for gms

charge zen -> buy packs -> get chips with tokens -> get HH gold with chips = profitable for gm

just remove coins from game and let's be a barter economy society as if we was in 1800's XD
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So....think about 3-2 and 3-3. Now, I will most likely go again to see if there is some odd thing that could be done to assist in this boss. However, I am SURE that the boss is now in constant Frenzy mode, which I am not sure if this was intended.

But what if it's NOT actually frenzy mode? And frenzied is actually worse!? b:shocked

...Then again I don't see how you could make things significantly more difficult than that. Maybe add in self-healing, cloning himself ala Wurlord and perma self buffs? b:laugh

@ HaIIie: I highly doubt the GMs see much, if any, extra cash out of these sales. It all goes to the higher ups. D=
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Everything makes sense :D

farm your gold gear/ coin farm = not profitable for gms

charge zen -> buy packs -> get chips with tokens -> get HH gold with chips = profitable for gm

just remove coins from game and let's be a barter economy society as if we was in 1800's XD

Still got the prob of green mats then. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    But what if it's NOT actually frenzy mode? And frenzied is actually worse!? b:shocked

I did the test on 3-1...willing to do test on 3-2 and 3-3 baring my regular, TW/Farming plans this weekend.

I will let ppl know if I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Bom dia, eu sou um jogador brasileiro, e a algum tempo estavamos tendo problemas com jogadores usando "WallHack" e "JumpHack" nos servidores brasileiros, a solu

... sorry, couldn't resist.
    What's the keyword to summon a mod to kill a thread? This is actually spam, but that doesn't work...
    Oh yah. Necro. Even though it isn't.
  • Quarter - Raging Tide
    Quarter - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's the solution to your problem on TT bosses, but I couldn't post it =[ sorry for the spam...
  • Mik_scorpius - Heavens Tear
    Mik_scorpius - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    THE FIX
    They need to revert the bosses back and change how the drop rate works. They can change this to directly affect the number of people doing damage to the boss vs how well the drop rate is going to turn out.

STIPULATIONS
    -People in the squad must all be at the boss and all doing CONSTANT damage, not tag them along and let them hit once (this takes into account for 5 players doing damage 1 cleric)
    -There must be at least 4 people in squad or they all get kicked

DROP RATES
    Based on people doing constant damage the whole fight
    1 person = no drops GTFO out of SQUAD mode
    2 people = very minor drop rate but still wont be worth it
    3 people = slightly better then 2
    4 people = much better then 3 but still about 3/4 current drop rates
    5 people = same as current drop rates
    6 people = 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 the current drop rates

CONCLUSION
    You're welcome GMs I just fixed your problem in 5 minutes better then your developers could in 1 1/2 years and this stops people from farming the isntances AND keeps the players happy. Was that so hard?

+1b:victory
    PWI will continue - in one way or the other. I'm just glad I found a balanced server now that I enjoy - naming is illegal, but PM's are welcome.

Only reason I log in still is also just to say hi to friends.

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3036252001&dateline=1291402639[/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TT3-x was made way too hard.

Yesterday I, archer and another veno went to try 3-1 (we all were lvl100-101). We tried 3 times... in best case, I lasted few min cause of triple spark's purify effect. In worse case... we died within seconds as boss launched aoe, which deal 10k damage. Later other veno left, but I and archer after some discussion went back to try to deal with it as usually we deal with minister in 3-2/3-3. By pulling it out on balcony, where herc tanks it, while we both are under it on max heal/damage range. Result - 1st herc died so had to restart, 2nd - squad wipe from aoe (10k damage FTL)

I think an instance should be challenging and hard according to the player's level. Meaning, TT3-1 is meant for lvl85-93, if I am not wrong. So it should be hard for them, hard for people with average lvl80 gear, right? How are they expected to tank it, if boss has armor/mind break, HP debuff and huge aoe on top of it? Then there is a need for a barb with 12k+ hp in tiger form (without hp buff) with at least 2 clerics - one for healing and purifying, other for reviving the first cleric. 3-1 shouldn't have a boss equal to one of worst possible World Bosses...

But have to agree... first it was fun and challenging :P
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    quit sucking as far as 3-1 goes

hint hp only prevents spike kills

damage reduction and heals per second keep you alive

so reduce damage taken and your fine

3-2 and 3-3 sound rather hellish gl on those
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Quarter - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Just try to kill all monsters at first room on TT 3-1, and the bosses will be easy, it is a anti **** tool in pw =p
    Good luck. By a brazilian player b:laugh
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Can anyone tell me if PWI replied anywhere in this thread rather than skim through 27 pages, or are they simply ignoring us again?
  • Quarter - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Just try to kill all monsters at first room on TT 3-1, and the bosses will be easy, it is a anti **** tool in pw -.-
    Good luck. b:angry
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Once again read the above....First run we managed but the second run -->

I <3 you.
    Now we wait for a response from a GM, which apparently will take ~2 weeks. And then we wait for a fix, which will take roughly about ~1 year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just try to kill all monsters at first room on TT 3-1, and the bosses will be easy, it is a anti **** tool in pw -.-
    Good luck. b:angry

no is not even killing mobs is still impossible.

learn2read

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.