[Discussion about the new UI]

Options

Comments

• PIusIe - Harshlands
    PIusIe - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh, I love the Item Linking I just can't stand the darn Text size of the menus and the fact that you think everyone is an idiot and need to put "World" "Public" "Private" "Team" etc. buttons in chat like we are a bunch of children or can't differentiate between the colors.

Honestly, I can't stand to play anymore...
  • Voski - Lost City
    Voski - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh, I love the Item Linking I just can't stand the darn Text size of the menus and the fact that you think everyone is an idiot and need to put "World" "Public" "Private" "Team" etc. buttons in chat like we are a bunch of children or can't differentiate between the colors.

Honestly, I can't stand to play anymore...

There is one benefit of the caht being labeled now; everyone's name is in the same color on every different color of chat making it easier to identify names with ease. Becuase player names are all the yellow-ish beige in all chat modes now, if they link an item in chat with no other text in the message, you wont know what chat they are speaking in so the label does help there.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There is one benefit of the caht being labeled now; everyone's name is in the same color on every different color of chat making it easier to identify names with ease. Becuase player names are all the yellow-ish beige in all chat modes now, if they link an item in chat with no other text in the message, you wont know what chat they are speaking in so the label does help there.

This could be done a lot easier with a simple [F] [N] [W] etc, not the entire word, it's not necessary
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This could be done a lot easier with a simple [F] [N] [W] etc, not the entire word, it's not necessary

Nothnx, colors worked just fine.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So, how about that new UI?

Personally, I think it looks a lot cleaner, and the item linking is something I've been hoping for for a long time.

How about you guys?

(and please keep it clean in here)
    b:thanks

Update: I like the chatbox, but a lot of the menus could definitely use some work. Please keep up the opinions.

Sorry but this propaganda wont suffice, please attach a poll to this thread if at all possible to find the real feelings towards the new UI

also i made a quick image pointing out some of the FAIL in the new chat system its so awful i like many others feel repelled to play.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/alexpaps90/faultswithnewchatsystem.jpg?t=1281144317

please ignore any typos or anything i made it in like 2 minutes...
    basically apart from the item linking, the entire chat change was a waste of time, fixing something that had no reason to be changed because it was perfectly fine before.

brutal honesty is the only way were gna get what we want as dedicated players/fans...

b:angryb:cry
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    UI is nice on chats etc, looks more pro, easier to read who pms you.. not good on HP bar etc.. Genie info is fcked up..

ppl just gotta get used to it... when they do they wont complaint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • htmiw
    htmiw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think the new UI is ugly piece of ****.
    I know it's too much to ask, but fixing bugs that players have been wanting fixed for ages instead of breaking something that isn't broken would be appreciated.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Item linking is cool...

ok.. big fonts... ok maybe thats annoying, we can get over that... but what is overboard is fonts not blending in. I hate genies even more now, I feel like I want to trash all my genies that I created to sell....

What I don't get is, why aren't you fixing class skills / gears and bugs instead? If you don't have good future patches, just please do not add any more patches b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • HellishFlare - Raging Tide
    HellishFlare - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    this garbage makes me wanna quit.
    b:bye
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wow lol u seriously did this thinking was nice?

me want old font n text back.

why put "guild" "normal" "trade" "world" "squad" tags we already knew them by color.

why large the font on all the menus? specially on genie menu we not all blind players ijs and if we were we would just raise font size on our ui menu which was there long ago.

Friend list and quest log size font is just -insert insult here-

dont change what we like all of a sudden for something so ugly -.- this looks exactly like when u guys put whole forum on white n asked what we thinked of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AzureBeast_c - Lost City
    AzureBeast_c - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    it's all fine, except for the obnoxious font size.
  • Lion/age - Lost City
    Lion/age - Lost City Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    font size issues all across the board and in every menu it has issues I hope that a GM or Dev looks at this and fixes ASAP......

the item linking in and was a bad idea not only is it annoying but I would say about 99.9% is abused by just plain stupidity and people acting immature....

come on PWI get it right the world chat went from bad to worse adding in this feature....

next time you add something in think about what is gonna happen or how it could be abused!

old chat system was fine and did not have the issues this one has... please put it back
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't mind the font changes if they weren't so damn BIG >< it makes me feel like I'm playing a game that's "kid friendly." and by "Kid Friendly" I mean one of those educational games they don't make for kids much older than 5. And as for the tags, I can sort of understand for the more color-blind people. In that case, however, how about making a switch to turn it on and off?
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fryckie - Sanctuary
    Fryckie - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Some of it is nice, but other parts of it are just bad.

- Ability to move the channeling bar
    - Ability to move the collecting bar
    - Able to see all items on a page in the AH
    - Increased font size on HP, MP, and XP bars
    - Item linking

Dislikes:

- Font style
    - Font size in the chat interface
    - Increased font size in other menus
    - Tags for the chat channels (I know which channel it is by the color)
    - Many words are off centered, overlapping other words, or they don't fit inside the button
    - Archer check box is missing in the squad menu
    - The fly box doesn't say "cancel fly" only "reached destination" (will be confusing and missleading for new players)

I'm getting used to the font style, and I'm sure ill get used to some of the other stuff. But some of it needs to be fixed.
  • BloodyJane - Sanctuary
    BloodyJane - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

- Item linking

Dislikes:

- Font style
    - Many words are off centered, overlapping other words, or they don't fit inside the button
    - The fly box doesn't say "cancel fly" only "reached destination" (will be confusing and missleading for new players)

I'm getting used to the font style, and I'm sure ill get used to some of the other stuff. But some of it needs to be fixed.

just to say +1
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't mind the font changes if they weren't so damn BIG >< it makes me feel like I'm playing a game that's "kid friendly." and by "Kid Friendly" I mean one of those educational games they don't make for kids much older than 5. And as for the tags, I can sort of understand for the more color-blind people. In that case, however, how about making a switch to turn it on and off?

I'm colour-blind (Had to highlight your post just to read it) and the way things were was fine. I can easily tell the difference between the main colours used for chatting.

Pink
    Green
    Cyan
    White
    Yellow
    Brown (Trade)
    Red (system messages)

Even though I am colour blind its very easy to tell the difference between all these colours, its hard to read some of them against the background because the text box has no solid option, just differing levels of transparency, which I hate. There should be an option to make the text box solid so you cant see through it.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Please change the font. Change it back, or to something - anything else. Genie's are messed up. Everything's weird. Dreamweaver doesn't even fit in the log in box anymore. Epic fail - how did you not notice something like this on the test server?
    I love your many updates this time around but the font change is a major damper.
    Item Linking and the lil' boxes that tell you what chat you're in are fine. But why does it say "Team" not "Squad? "Guild" not "Faction"? It looks like it was pulled from another game like so many others are saying. Please fix, asap. Till then I wont buy any of these new packs b:pleased

- Item linking

Dislikes:

- Font style

I concur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /ZhuQue - Heavens Tear
    /ZhuQue - Heavens Tear Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I love the new item link feature.

However...I absolutely despise what happened with the new chat system...b:sad
    Fonts are too big but I can live with it.
    What I really don't like is the new icon adds for the chat system,
    the additions of Team/World/Guild/Normal etc stuff in front of people's name in chat...

I think we all already knew and could tell the difference in chats with colors by now...
    I don't see the need to add in those icons :(
    Please get rid of em if you can b:cry
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm colour-blind (Had to highlight your post just to read it) and the way things were was fine. I can easily tell the difference between the main colours used for chatting.

Pink
    Green
    Cyan
    White
    Yellow
    Brown (Trade)
    Red (system messages)

Even though I am colour blind its very easy to tell the difference between all these colours, its hard to read some of them against the background because the text box has no solid option, just differing levels of transparency, which I hate. There should be an option to make the text box solid so you cant see through it.

I always had to hold my mouse over the chat box to force it into an even darker transparency.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arigars - Sanctuary
    Arigars - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *goes to *removed**
  • Ahmra - Raging Tide
    Ahmra - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    filter circumvention of the highest order - frankieraye
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In the Perfect World, shouldn't there be OPTIONS? Is it too hard to code a SWITCH? The font is too big and the letters are spaced too far apart, the tags aren't necessary, the item linking is cool, yes. I wonder, did tons of people complain about the font? I've been asking around and I haven't found a single person that likes this. Why can't we vote on this kind of stuff before it's implemented?
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    While the font isnt the best, i could get used to it.
    The linking is awesome though, dont change that.
    But the tags, ugh.... thats so terrible. please get rid of just the tags.
    >.<
  • darkffx
    darkffx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i would like to also inform you that you screwed up the genie interface it now displays the incorrect affinities for moves which made me waste stone of refreshment and now i need to purchase yet another one to fix it cause of your blunders
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the font is 200x harder to read now. awesome. now the game is a challenge

oh wait there's more!

now its harder to tell who's talking so i miss my squad yelling things. challenge up!
    opening menus require me to walk back from my screen. challenge up!
    more bugs. challenge up!

and since when has 300 ping = a "smooth" connection. 300 ping = a noticeable lag

i'd recommend this game to kids ages 13 and under, and elderly people 70 and over. the font sizes work for them. otherwise, the font is just so large that i feel like the game is screaming at me. THATS NICE AND ALL, BUT I THINK WE ALL DEAL WITH ENOUGH SCREAMING IN OUR LIVES. WE DONT NEED A GAME TO SCREAM AT US TOO.

summary? 1 step forward, 3 steps back.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Good god, PWE, you really screwed up this time didnt you? lol b:chuckle

From the looks of the screenshots, I'd rather hire a 4 year old to translate code than to have whoever is doing the translating currently at PWI.

And really, those labels in the chat box are unnecessary. PWE has a tendency to constantly change things that do not need to be changed, and ignore other things that need to be fixed.

Working for this company must be an embarrassment. Want to know something that is even more embarrassing?

The fact that I spent well over $3k over the course of 1.5 years to support this game, and its getting worse as time progresses.

Half assed expansion/new race/item/skill implementation
    Ignored bugs
    Ignored graphical errors in-game
    Poor economy
    Poor sales techniques
    Really horrid implementations of content updates that shouldnt even pertain to this version
    Lack of GM interaction
    Lack of forum moderation
    Total disregard to the idea that your gaming community are your customers, and are paying your bills. I suggest you all at PWE start kissing some major **** to your customers who continue to support you, or your all going to be out of a job.

Best to start looking for a new one!

Anyway, yeah....its pretty bad frankie. I think Im going to go run to some gaming sites and tell them to log in and report on PWE's potential to be the laughing stock of the industry.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Leoshiro - Heavens Tear
    Leoshiro - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Frankie, you keep on saying that you like it.

Listen to the 99.99% of the voices here, people Don't Like IT! The chat system with those klunky tags are just horrible, no matter how you reduce the font size.

Is it you who really play the game? or is it us?

Who pays for your salary? It's money from us! So listen to us and stop saying that everything is fine and you like it.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Frankie, you keep on saying that you like it.

Listen to the 99.99% of the voices here, people Don't Like IT! The chat system with those klunky tags are just horrible, no matter how you reduce the font size.

Is it you who really play the game? or is it us?

Who pays for your salary? It's money from us! So listen to us and stop saying that everything is fine and you like it.

It's a matter of opinion, and I happen to like the new font. Also, we both play the game.

I realize that there are a few problems with it, most notably the size of the text in many of the in-game menus, but overall I think it's a step in the right direction.

Also, I realize that those chat-category tags are completely unnecessary to PWI veterans, but I think they're pretty helpful to new players. They do take up a fair amount of horizontal space, though, I'll admit.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    whats even better is, has anyone else noticed the extreme lag on the forum servers? quite a few times my browser has times out while loading pages, i bet ya that ever since this new "patch" (Or Anti-Patch as i've come to call it), forum server bandwidth usage has gone through the roof from people complaining about the *insert colourful explicative here* patch.

now i highly doubt we'll see any form of "emergency patch" to correct the font issues, and i'd be willing to bet that, come next patch on tues, all they'll do is scale it down a notch to the point where the genie menu is once again legible.. but the new pointless labels will remain, and it'll still have a tendancy to double-space various things like the chat window and quest lists. i also notice the "horn" option is back in the chat window.. lord i hope they dont bring those back next patch, or if they do at least let us select them on or off like we can all the other channels.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So then stop being so ignorant and give us the option to ****ing turn off the icons??
This discussion has been closed.