[Discussion about the new UI]

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    RESTORE. THE ABILITY. TO CLEAR CHAT BOX. WITH ESC.

I CANNOT say this enough times.

(And me using capslock is rarer than a freakin' mob-dropped mold, btw)

^^+10mil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

PWE could actually make profit selling t-shirts with this on them b:pleased
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What is the big deal about using escape? I never used it once the entire time I've played this game.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What is the big deal about using escape? I never used it once the entire time I've played this game.

well some of us do. Do u happen to use vent alot?

Basically it becomes a big deal in a dungeon when you are talking to someone then something goes wrong and u need to say something in squad chat real quick instead of finishing ur sentence. before that was changed that was easy. hit esc "!! whatever" now its "hold backspace...wait..........................!! whatever" by that time things have either been resolved for good or bad anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    well some of us do. Do u happen to use vent alot?

Basically it becomes a big deal in a dungeon when you are talking to someone then something goes wrong and u need to say something in squad chat real quick instead of finishing ur sentence. before that was changed that was easy. hit esc "!! whatever" now its "hold backspace...wait..........................!! whatever" by that time things have either been resolved for good or bad anyway

Just click faction chat icon for example and click back squad icon. Chat will be cleared.
    But anyway I totally agree that Esc in chat must be returned back, but other reason - you can't use hot keys for skills/movement keys fast if you typing. Esc+hot key sometimes much faster than mouse move + click on bar.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've gotten into the habit of hitting the appropriate filter button in such a circumstance. But then it becomes massively annoying to return to the filter you were using previously, and removing whatever pre-formatting exists in there (by default I like to have myself on fac chat filter, which I've modified to include squad chat as well as faction and whipser, but nothing else).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    PS: also please fix font size in display attributes window b:pleased
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:angry bc this issue is being fkn ignored BUMP b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Basingeth - Lost City
    Basingeth - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    For blatant ignoring of the real problem. FIX THE UI!!

BUMP b:bye
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've gotten into the habit of hitting the appropriate filter button in such a circumstance. But then it becomes massively annoying to return to the filter you were using previously, and removing whatever pre-formatting exists in there (by default I like to have myself on fac chat filter, which I've modified to include squad chat as well as faction and whipser, but nothing else).

well what i said is what i mostly use it for.

but another issue i have had since i started was when something happens in the game it shuts off your typing...for instance I'm in the middle of typing ssomething and daily attendance things 1 hr timer completes. when that happens the cursor gets removed and I am typing in nothing. after that since windows like the boutique, chatrooms, faction window, friends list etc will not only open when press alt+o or alt+g but also when you press the letters by themselves when my cursor gets removed when i am typing I get windows spammed on my screen.

i may have missed it but is there a way to require the use of alt to open those rather than just the single key other than going into the hot key windows and change every window shortcut?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yeah that is annoying, for sure. But I figured we'd try to just keep them on track with fixing what's just recently been broken instead of trying to get them to change software mechanics that work perfectly well, if annyoing.

Yep. Trying to get PW to fix something they've broken! See what I did there?? Oh, my sides. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They won't bother with this anyway, as long as it is kept out of their way in one neat thread bumping it doesn't really harm anything; I highly doubt they will bother to read it. >.<

But....

Guild roster window is still messed up! Just, you know, on the off chance that anyone gives a damn. b:surrender

And I'm with you guys 100% on the esc key thing. As are many people I can name that I see cursing about it daily in my chat.

EDIT: Bet if you all started submitting tickets it would do more good than this. Ticket them into submission. Hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Me wrote:

PWE could actually make profit selling t-shirts with this on them b:pleased

T-Shirts. Money. PWE.

Think about it... and fix the thing with Esc. already! b:cry

The things we have to do to get their attention... lol
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver
    SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    T-Shirts. Money. PWE.

Think about it... and restore the thing with Esc. already! b:cry

The things we have to do to get their attention... lol

fixed for ya b:thanks
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

*bumps*

we almost let this unstickied topic dive into the abyss guys. Keep bumping those unstickied topics that PWE is trying to ignore!
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    *bumps*

we almost let this unstickied topic dive into the abyss guys. Keep bumping those unstickied topics that PWE is trying to ignore!

Then they get thrown in the lower depths or removed completely.

But frankie did say that something is being worked behind closed doors so just lets hope that they fix UI with some other bugs that are here since dawn of time
    b:dirty
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    But frankie did say that something is being worked behind closed doors so just lets hope that they fix UI with some other bugs that are here since dawn of time

You must be new here...
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You must be new here...

Actually old timer b:chuckle
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Then you would know that watever is being worked on is either:
    1. New (read: renamed) packs
    2. Something cashshop related, possibly trying to work out wat to put on sale next
    3. Something to do with their useless facebook imitation system
    4. Something which would make the players more unhappy than before it was implemented
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Then you would know that watever is being worked on is either:
    1. New (read: renamed) packs
    2. Something cashshop related, possibly trying to work out wat to put on sale next
    3. Something to do with their useless facebook imitation system
    4. Something which would make the players more unhappy than before it was implemented

5. Anything that will further remove possible methods of farming coin in game, further forcing people (who dont quit) to spending real cash.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Q_Q I said hope.

Blame me for being 100% straight optimist and believing in PVE

Now just tell me you don't even get this joke....i Q_Qed here since the first ani pack came b:chuckle
  • princeraider
    princeraider Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I didn't get to play for long last night as the update kept failing on me, but these are the things I hate at the moment.

Autotracker - I liked the way it remembered the height you were at and the reach destination setting before the update, but now it sets you to the current height and you have to manually set the height and then double click reach destination if you want to land. This is going to be a pain if you are trying to get away from mobs and is actually a PITA during normal game play.

Chat Box - the background is too dark - you used to be able to see through it and see what mobs were coming at you from the bottom left of the screen, but now you can't.

New Buttons - too damn big. I've had to shuffle everything across so they don't end up over the top of each other and I'm running the risk of clicking the wrong thing as I was used to where everything was. Also with the buttons being bigger I can see less of the screen, making the game 'harder' to play!

Yes, some of these things I will get used to, but why not give us the option to change the buttons sizes at least?
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Epic fail ...
This discussion has been closed.