[Discussion about the new UI]

Comments

• SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Jesus, this sentence should be gold framed. Im totally 100% agree with it. I really cant get how can someone like this new, blurry, disgusting font instead of old one. People PLEASE go have a look at tittles on catshop heads at West Arch. After 10 seconds of watching them, put your eye on the chat. Can you still say that this new font is cleaner lol? It's blurry.. not that crisp and nicely looking as old one...

The people who like it probably own those GIANT BUTTON phones too.

gbpl.jpg

Now THATS stylish eh?
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I was a new player once.. To be completely honest, as soon as I looked at the chat box and scrolled over the names of the channels, clicked on them and saw what showed up in them, I got it.

i was a newbie quite recently, and as i recall, i had the color-coded chat figured out within my first gaming session. figuring out how to access the different channels, what with the bang prefixes (!!, !~), took me a short while longer --- but i still didn't feel any need to ask for help with it, and the changes made to chatting in patch 390 wouldn't help with that anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • ShadesGlory - Heavens Tear
    ShadesGlory - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    People forget, we didn't ask for hyper stones, new fashion or other new things we continue to get but no one complains about that really. A month from now we'll all be adjusted and it will be no big deal.. except of course the things that they messed up like the genie energy bar and the text. They fix that and its great!

This is a true statement, we didn't ask for these things but look at it a different way - If people who spend real money on this game stopped spending how would this effect PWI, we are afterall the ones who play the game and spend money on the game to get the new items, PW have ruined the TW side of the game and added things in that cause us all problems. I just feel that PW want something in the game so they add it, what the players want doesn't come into the equation, its what some jackass wants added. I hope that everyone who has fought in TW's now stops doing them, i hope all people that spend real money on the game stop, this is probably the only way some idiot at PW will actually take notice of the people that play the game. In my honest opinion i think they have ruined what was once a great game.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Also, yes, they did mess up a few things. HOWEVER, this should not happen. Patches are supposed to be tested before they're released. We should not be making making threads about new bugs every time a patch is released. Granted we're all humans and make mistakes, it shouldn't be a norm for bug-riddled patches to be released. The sheet ugliness of the UI is a testament to a lack of quality control on PWI's part.

carve that in stone and set it over the door to PWE corporate headquarters. or else just make "find the bug in the new patch" an official weekly event, with prizes awarded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Torhiann - Raging Tide
    Torhiann - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well PWI, it should be reasonably clear now that you have made a complete balls up of the latest patch ... the only questions now remaining are:

(A) Are you going to eat a big helping of humble pie, admit you stuffed up royal and fix it ASAP?

OR

(B) Leave your heads firmly planted in some dark place and continue banging on about how wonderful it all looks on a 5ft 1080HD screen viewed from the backyard window of your neighbours house?

For me personally answer (A) results in an annoyed yet grudgingly patient wait while you hurry up and fix it, whilst answer (B) means a few more ineffectual vitriolic posts here and on other MMO forums before finally and irrevocably giving up, leaving, and moving on to the next MMO offering ...

Time is tight, get wid it.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    New UI update = Eye ****.
    f6yvb.jpg

Change ALL font size back NAO!!!!

As for the tags, maybe a disable option? Like an "I'm not ****" button.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The linking system is great, but the new font is horrible.

Really the chat system is the only thing I never heard complains of before any changes.
    I gues this is the second time people complain about it, the first time was at the changing of whispers as in non-friends > blue.

Seriously, change the font back to what it was like before and stop fixing things that aint broken.

Sometimes I really think PWE would do anything to chase customers away :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Rule #1 is that people never like change.

Having said that, I was actually surprised with the new font. I like it. Only time it's weird is I don't like how it looks with the HP and MP bars.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Rule #1 is that people never like change.

Having said that, I was actually surprised with the new font. I like it. Only time it's weird is I don't like how it looks with the HP and MP bars.

Your Rule #1 is incorrect apparently... Didn't we vote for Obama? (HAH! yeah I believe he is one of the worst presidents the US has ever had)

ehem... now back on topic... Some people actually DO like it, so why not let us choose the size of the interface and font and font style? I'm sure like 3-5 fonts with a slider for font size and UI size wouldn't be too difficult to implement and it is in many other games too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Panhan - Heavens Tear
    Panhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I can't really say more than everyone else has said but I hope that with one more person voicing their opinion it will make a change (doubtful though).

The biggest problem for UI that I see is not so much the font it's self but the spacing and size of the font. Everyone font spaces their letters different and there are small differences in the actually sizes of the letters. Eg. A A (Same size different fonts already u can see a small difference which will be multiplied with each additional letter). Since most of the text was fitted already to size specific boxes even a small change would cause the letters to get outside the boxes. The Devs should have picked a font that had the same spacing or took the same amount of space as the previous font. Plus just a simple test of this patch would have made the simple glitches glaringly obvious which means they obviously don't test their own patches.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Your Rule #1 is incorrect apparently... Didn't we vote for Obama? (HAH! yeah I believe he is one of the worst presidents the US has ever had)

ehem... now back on topic... Some people actually DO like it, so why not let us choose the size of the interface and font and font style? I'm sure like 3-5 fonts with a slider for font size and UI size wouldn't be too difficult to implement and it is in many other games too.

Obama is an exception because he is Superman.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    okay thats 3 ppl in the whole game who like it! think they'll change it now? b:bye
  • crystalynnex
    crystalynnex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    im old school so i personally prefer the old UI, but I'm kind of used to this new interface cos its like the ones on other PWE games so I'm not entirely bothered... But I still prefer the old one... the font here is entirely too large.. I dont need another reminder of my horrid eyesight D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

♥ siggy by Susylu - HT

"you can compare alcohol to a woman; she can make you feel so high, or she can make you miserable that it's far beyond everything." -AL
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I like the font change. However, as was stated before, there's a lot of overlap with the text. The addition of the channel/text titles are not appreciated. Color coding alone was sufficient.

Shift-click is great, but you cannot list multiple items this way. It's a shame since it currently can cause spam for pages and pages on my chat window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torhiann - Raging Tide
    Torhiann - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ... and still no official response as to what if anything is going to be done about it all ........
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ... and still no official response as to what if anything is going to be done about it all ........
    They arent. If they had the slighest sign of inteligence or respect towards players, they would've simply made it a choice, as is resolution. Want big overlapping letters/numbers? You go it. You dont want it? Change it back. In the end, it should be your choice. That way, EVERYONE is happy. Sadly, they always do it the hard and player-harrassing way.

What bothers me most is the the idiotic pwi staff dont even bother checking what the result will be. "awww, look, 0,0000000001% of the players have dificulty seeing the font. Lets just change it without caring how it will affect the UI". I mean, seriously, dont you have one single dam tester for any of your patches, or do you get a kick out of pissing ppl off?

Say it with me: 'Optional'
    Oh yea, test your patches before implementing. Its beyong comprehension how this game has so many versions and you still manage to implement every patch with contless bugs.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    They arent. If they had the slighest sign of inteligence or respect towards players, they would've simply made it a choice, as is resolution. Want big overlapping letters/numbers? You go it. You dont want it? Change it back. In the end, it should be your choice. That way, EVERYONE is happy. Sadly, they always do it the hard and player-harrassing way.

What bothers me most is the the idiotic pwi staff dont even bother checking what the result will be. "awww, look, 0,0000000001% of the players have dificulty seeing the font. Lets just change it without caring how it will affect the UI". I mean, seriously, dont you have one single dam tester for any of your patches, or do you get a kick out of pissing ppl off?

Say it with me: 'Optional'
    Oh yea, test your patches before implementing. Its beyong comprehension how this game has so many versions and you still manage to implement every patch with contless bugs.

Chinese dev's do the bug testing. It works fine on their end with close-to-no-letters on the UI windows and with different font. Pretty sure that's the reason why the font is so big: this font handles font sizes differently.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    looks worse not better. as with most if not all the changes as of late that have been for the worst. Shouldn't the discussion about if things look better or worse happen before they are implemented not after?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    looks worse not better. as with most if not all the changes as of late that have been for the worst. Shouldn't the discussion about if things look better or worse happen before they are implemented not after?

Would be cool but:

Product Manager's secretary in USA: Sir, you have a phone call.
    Product Manager: Hello.
    Dev team member from China: Hello. So, what did your players decide today?

Yeah, no.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This product is doomed, I've left it, I advise others to do the same because, trust me, PWE is going to continue serving you utter tripe and telling you to eat it up, ive seen it happen over and over again on f2p mmorpg. They're all the same, all greedy and dont care about their customers or product.
  • Siiobhan - Archosaur
    Siiobhan - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Worst ... patch ... ever ...

Bad enough you destroyed TW.

Even worse you made the game ugly.

TBH there are MUCH better games out there that people don't play simply because the customization and interface suck compared to PW.

Please fix it before any more of our faction uninstalls the game

(if you think I am kidding about the uninstalls, you better think again, our TW permaroster lost 10 of 80 already)
  • Alkyne - Archosaur
    Alkyne - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    2010-08-0715-51-34.jpg

Do I even need to say anything?

Yes. UI Bad, Linking Good.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ^Wtg you just destroyed Archo server PWI :P..kinda

Frankie..you've got yourself, and as Summer_Blush said, you're opinion shouldn't matter, PWI players are the paying customers and it's our opinions that matter, not yours (sorry)
    And only one other person who has posted here saying they like it..but they seem to be a bit of a fruit who likes everything.

Isn't it just a tad obvious that this font BS needs to go back to what it originally was..or give us the option to turn it off?!
  • HellishFlare - Raging Tide
    HellishFlare - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    bleh imma soon uninstall if theres no hope
  • Kimmber - Lost City
    Kimmber - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok Frankie I don't think you are the one to blame for this at all but taking the blunt edge of it.

I sure hope that the developers are reading or watching as this unfolds and that they are working overtime on a update for this coming Tuesdays maint patch!!!!

1) change the chat box back to what it was before it causes headaches for those that don't have large screens or those that wear glasses.......

2) the "box" in the chat window needs to go away I agree it makes game look like 9 year old's are the ones playing most and that is your target age group... plus it looks very cluttered with them in there!

3) if you want to keep the text style and the boxes give the ones that don't care for that the option to turn it off. the color coded chats was enough....

4) fix the spacing issues that this update created before adding in another pack.

5) listen to the factions that like to do TW and come up with solution..
    a) reset map once a month
    b) on bids 1 bid per faction is nice but on close return the bids that did not make it.
    c) you need better rewards for the winning factions... a few stones won't go far when you have a faction of 150 people that help out in them.....

I am looking forward to seeing what happens on the next Maint night and I am giving PWI time to fix what they messed up and/or add in some ideas that we have given them to help improve OUR game experience since we the gamers are the ones that keep it open and going.....
  • ChaoticLove - Sanctuary
    ChaoticLove - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So, how about that new UI?

Personally, I think it looks a lot cleaner, and the item linking is something I've been hoping for for a long time.

How about you guys?

(and please keep it clean in here)
    b:thanks

Update: I like the chatbox, but a lot of the menus could definitely use some work. Please keep up the opinions.

I like the item linking alot. It makes selling things so much easier. The chat thing is a joke b:angry. Some of the text is so big that it doesn't even fit inside the buttons anymore. The World, Team, Guild thing before people type is driving me insane. We all know what the colors mean by now. The GIANT text is making me feel like we're being called blind. I have made it smaller in the chat box but the rest I can't do anything about.
    Also, I very much dislike that in the chat box that squad chat is called TEAM and faction is called GUILD. They're not team and guild, they are squad and faction. That's how its been; it's what you say when you're looking for more for a squad and when you are recruiting for your faction.
    The new patch overall is just messy in my opinion. It's cartoony, over sized, RUINED the chat box and any other text thing on the game b:surrender. The timer thing you get when leaving an instance is a joke. Might as well just make it even bigger.

So..basically. It needs to be fixed or there will be some b:angry and crying people all over PWI. /End Rant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I'm insane, why does that matter?
    Making fun of me for being insane,
    is like me making fun of you for being normal.
    b:shutup

Veno 7x (Sanc.)
    Veno 5x (Harsh.)
    Cleric 4x (Sanc.)
    Cleric 3x (Sanc.)
    Bm 2x (Sanc.)
    Archer 2x (Sanc.)
    Psy. 1x (Sanc.)
    b:thanks
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    a) reset map once a month

Nice list of ideas, but personally I believe this is going too far.
    Perhaps reset the map once every 6months-1year, that would be sufficient.

My idea was that perhaps a territory could stop paying out rewards after 3 weeks with no activity (Noone attacking it), this would give the larger factions less incentive to horde all of the lands, and maybe encourage them to let smaller factions take some lands and join in on the TW fun.

Im not too bothered about the way the rewards have changed though, the coins they paid out we're ridiculously low already, so the fact its even less doesnt matter.

The main problem is how bidding has changed, ur suggestion for bididng to be refundable is a good one, but I disagree with bidding being secret, I like bidding being open, its exciting getting into a bidding war with another faction, and also let people see fake bids and report them before the bidding was actually over, which is now impossible.

Overall, a nice list of ideas, though, I hope I've given you some improvements to some of them with this post? :-)
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is a true statement, we didn't ask for these things but look at it a different way - If people who spend real money on this game stopped spending how would this effect PWI, we are afterall the ones who play the game and spend money on the game to get the new items, PW have ruined the TW side of the game and added things in that cause us all problems. I just feel that PW want something in the game so they add it, what the players want doesn't come into the equation, its what some jackass wants added. I hope that everyone who has fought in TW's now stops doing them, i hope all people that spend real money on the game stop, this is probably the only way some idiot at PW will actually take notice of the people that play the game. In my honest opinion i think they have ruined what was once a great game.
    okay thats 3 ppl in the whole game who like it! think they'll change it now? b:bye

There is a 4th I've quoted below. Besides that most generally ppl come to the forums for 2 reasons, reason 1 is to complain (the biggest reason) reason 2 is to be informed. Therefore one can assume that the biggest audience on this issue are those here to complain about it. If they did an in game poll the results would be far different I'm sure.
    I like the font change. However, as was stated before, there's a lot of overlap with the text. The addition of the channel/text titles are not appreciated. Color coding alone was sufficient.

Shift-click is great, but you cannot list multiple items this way. It's a shame since it currently can cause spam for pages and pages on my chat window.

^someone else who likes it.
  • Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Gamma aprroves, much cleaner and easier to read all text
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There is a 4th I've quoted below. Besides that most generally ppl come to the forums for 2 reasons, reason 1 is to complain (the biggest reason) reason 2 is to be informed. Therefore one can assume that the biggest audience on this issue are those here to complain about it. If they did an in game poll the results would be far different I'm sure.

^someone else who likes it.

All I see in World Chat is a bunch of people complaining about how crappy this new UI is and how their eyes are burning, and how now PW is detrimental to health.

I'm pretty sure if you did an in-game poll, the results would not be too far from the results seen here on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.