An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Comments

• CleaMuner - Raging Tide
    CleaMuner - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i only have one complaint about the tw system, there should be a way outside of tw to get rank 9 gear. those of us who despise the all the high level band wagon players who jump in to the winning factions because its easier, should have a way to get the same gear without being forced to leave our own factions to get it.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    the 3rd is actually a newer guild that is going after a weaker guild's territory.

Which faction was the new one, and which was the weaker one? b:puzzled
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    As a random note, interesting things happened in Archosaur.
    The three strongest factions before the TW changes became weakened, the 1st strongest is still standing strong, but the other two became severely weakened due to the changes. Many of the higher levels left from all 3 factions and formed a new one, and it is known to be an evil guild by the 3 factions. The reason it was "evil" is because a huge plethora of people left their faction and joined the evil one after the higher levels formed it, and now it's become the 2nd (Maybe 1st now?) strongest faction in just a month.

I am inside the evil guild, and it's actually much more fun. The unique thing about this guild is that, it is both fun AND powerful. I hereby thank the TW changes.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Lol...

Was far more to it then that.

newbies..
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I notice that content updates early on were to increase the quality of the game, and to attract new players. Now the content updates are to cater to the cashshoppers.

Correct me if i'm wrong. :)

Actually it's more like PW trying to squeeze money from the remaining high level player base more than actually catering to the cash shopper. They want to turn non-cash shoppers and ex-cash shoppers into major cash shoppers.

drjiggle wrote: »
    Which faction was the new one, and which was the weaker one? b:puzzled

Yakuza vs Kami. Who would have thought Yakuza could ever win. They did.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yakuza vs Kami. Who would have thought Yakuza could ever win. They did.

We got lucky, obviously, and caught them unprepared. They didn't even set up towers. But either way, the lesson is Kamisama isn't the same Kamisama they used to be and YaKuZa isn't as dead as people think we are.

Were we lucky, or were we smart enough to know we had an opportunity because they underestimated us? Probably both. It's kind of the same thing.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well after a month of TW changes gold is STILL at 400k >.>
    Actually I'm surprised to say this but on RT gold did drop to like 360k when it was 420k+ with packs on, and we got tigers now too not just crappy Corals.

Maybe older servers are so inflated already that there's not much hope saving them but it seems the TW deflation did have an effect on RT. Now they should remove 10 mil big note exchange from best lucks and we'll have cheap gold b:dirty
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    1 moth 1 week 3 days :P how long have to wait til TW get back ? all life i think :P
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    sethh wrote: »
    1 moth 1 week 3 days :P how long have to wait til TW get back ? all life i think :P

I think anything they do now for TW IF they did anything... (just like everything they are "trying" to do in general) is just too little, too late. Meh... I could be wrong though, but I doubt we will see change to this anyways... *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asiris - Lost City
    Asiris - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think anything they do now for TW IF they did anything... (just like everything they are "trying" to do in general) is just too little, too late. Meh... I could be wrong though, but I doubt we will see change to this anyways... *shrugs*

i usually dont talk that much on here but if u dont notice THE GAME IS DYING AT A PRETTY DAMN FAST PACE IJS
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Lol the game is dead.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i usually dont talk that much on here but if u dont notice THE GAME IS DYING AT A PRETTY DAMN FAST PACE IJS

o.O Did you miss what I said? I said it would be too little, too late... referring to the game being dead. lol Meh... maybe my english is bad- I will stick to spanish next time xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sethh
    edited September 2010
    So this game is oveR?
  • Farrgo - Dreamweaver
    Farrgo - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    sethh wrote: »
    So this game is oveR?

Yes.

/endthread
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    A lot of things caused inflation, including grinding, questing, DQ item vendoring, decomposing gear into Mirage Celestones and vendoring them, 10M big notes, and weekly TW income payouts. TW income is not the only culprit, but it does add about 2.4 billion coins to the economy every month, which is substantial.

ANNDDD how much does 10 m big notes from packs add in every month. I will wait 3 months of my answer ^.^ Since u wont answer this same question I PM'd then night this patch came out
    edited September 2010
    Actually I'm surprised to say this but on RT gold did drop to like 360k when it was 420k+ with packs on, and we got tigers now too not just crappy Corals.

There's also the possiblity that too many packs have been opened and that many of the rarer items have flooded your market due to not enough people to use those items.

How much do these items cost on your server... Lunar Weapon or Vit stone?

drjiggle wrote: »
    We got lucky, obviously, and caught them unprepared. They didn't even set up towers. But either way, the lesson is Kamisama isn't the same Kamisama they used to be and YaKuZa isn't as dead as people think we are.

Were we lucky, or were we smart enough to know we had an opportunity because they underestimated us? Probably both. It's kind of the same thing.

I'm pretty sure it has more to do with Kami not caring anymore than anything else. No offense, but ifthey could gather a full instance, I'm sure Yakuza wouldn't beat them. They only had 50 or 60 for our TW at most. From what I heard they didn't even have a formation for your war and only had about 40 people there.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    There's also the possiblity that too many packs have been opened and that many of the rarer items have flooded your market due to not enough people to use those items.

How much do these items cost on your server... Lunar Weapon or Vit stone?
    Lunar Weapon insignia is around 60-70 mil and Vit Stones are 15 mil each.

Some sell Vit stones for cheaper (desperate people for money) some try for more expensive, spamming world chat all the time (17-19) until it sells, so I'd say 15 is averaged price.

But price are dropping on rare event items too, Lunar Ornaments are around 30 if you get a good offer, and Cape is 35 now and dropping. Used to be more expensive.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
    edited September 2010
    Lunar Weapon insignia is around 60-70 mil and Vit Stones are 15 mil each.

Some sell Vit stones for cheaper (desperate people for money) some try for more expensive, spamming world chat all the time (17-19) until it sells, so I'd say 15 is averaged price.

But price are dropping on rare event items too, Lunar Ornaments are around 30 if you get a good offer, and Cape is 35 now and dropping. Used to be more expensive.

Hmm... so that's a different picture. Lunar weapon is about 60-70m here, ornament is still about 50-55m. Average for vit stone here is 20-22m.

Ok, it's most likely a bit of both, a bit of deflation and a bit of market saturation. LC gold prices hasn't changed at all. Packs and sales are still determining the value of gold.
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Of course nothings changed and if it has, it's only because people are leaving by the bucketloads and supply is outstripping demand, and as well all know when supply outstrips demand prices drop.

They don't seem to care that they ruined TW or TT, all this economy talk is BS, we play a game and that should be an enjoyable experience.

It's like they are deliberately pissing off the customer for some reason I have yet to fathom. If they thinks it's to drive people onto the upcoming FW then they shot themselves truly in the feet. Most people that have left I spoke to, don't want to play another PWE game ever.

Oh and if you're interested HL gold prices are 395k which has hardly changed at all and it wont until everyone either leaves or the packs stop.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Of course nothings changed and if it has, it's only because people are leaving by the bucketloads and supply is outstripping demand, and as well all know when supply outstrips demand prices drop.

They don't seem to care that they ruined TW or TT, all this economy talk is BS, we play a game and that should be an enjoyable experience.

It's like they are deliberately pissing off the customer for some reason I have yet to fathom. If they thinks it's to drive people onto the upcoming FW then they shot themselves truly in the feet. Most people that have left I spoke to, don't want to play another PWE game ever.

Oh and if you're interested HL gold prices are 395k which has hardly changed at all and it wont until everyone either leaves or the packs stop.

Absolutely true. I would never again play game from PWE. Because I can guarantee to every1 by the time, it will be the SAME like here now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Gold has dropped a tiny bit because people cant farm 3-X for billions of coins anymore. Also the fact that Nirvana takes a bit longer for average parties, makes it harder to make money in game.

I'm actually surprised gold hasn't dropped more due to pve-changes. They also haven't really introduced anything new in-game or in cash shop in ages, new features makes gold go up. Same old boring packs makes gold go down.

I dont think the TW payment has affected gold prices at all, maybe it will in the long run.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    there are tiger packs, d.orbs sale and +10 orb in shop

gold will go down in october
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
    edited September 2010
    there are tiger packs, d.orbs sale and +10 orb in shop

gold will go down in october when many people leave for FW

Fixed it for you.
  • sethh
    edited September 2010
    Fixed it for you.

Agree...
  • Asiris - Lost City
    Asiris - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    o.O Did you miss what I said? I said it would be too little, too late... referring to the game being dead. lol Meh... maybe my english is bad- I will stick to spanish next time xD

b:surrendersry but i dont read every pages of the forum so i just post what i feel and a couple comments after mineb:shutup
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This is false.

Each of our games has its own separate dev team, and the PWI devs are in fact working hard on PWI content as we speak.

I guess we will find out if this is true, if they ever release another expansion. Or another dungeon, and I don't mean like the chapel -- I mean an actual dungeon! ((which BTW, I have a gripe about that stupid chapel, my RL wife and I paid $60 [30 each] to get married prior to, I think we should have the right to check this new chapel thing out [since it's INCLUDED with current marriages], but no; you guys want an xxtra $10 [5 each] dream on!))
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    A lot of things caused inflation, including grinding, questing, DQ item vendoring, decomposing gear into Mirage Celestones and vendoring them, 10M big notes, and weekly TW income payouts. TW income is not the only culprit, but it does add about 2.4 billion coins to the economy every month, which is substantial.

We do not insist that TW income is the sole cause of inflation, but we do believe that the TW change should at least help somewhat. That point was originally brought up because, after the change was announced, these forums erupted into a supernova, and Kanto was hoping to bring up a good point that had not brought up yet. Of course, this observation was then blown way out of proportion, to the point where it seemed like TW income was taking the full blame for inflation, and this change was going to fix everything in one fell swoop.

This is not the case. It may help, but I don't expect it to single-handedly curb inflation, and I don't expect you all to believe that either.

The TW changes were made primarily to make TW more competitive, ideally to keep us from spiraling down the same path as PW-MY and PW-CN, where entire TW maps had been owned by one unstoppable force.

A reduction in inflation would merely be a welcome side effect of these changes.

Thank you all for your patience and for the good discussion here in this thread.

Any idea how much the 10mil notes are adding? I would say on harshlands their are about 10 best luck tokens on average a hour, sometimes more sometimes less.

So thats 50mil a hour.

50 mil x 24 (hours) = 120,000,000 a day

120 million x 30 (about a month) = 39,000,000,000

b:chuckle think i found your problem.

Remove the notes, add some big old coin sinks into the game that cost money but make no coin (No extacy cards etc, have mounts or something as a reward, stuff with no NPC value but value to another player). Leave TW as it is if you wish, but if your going to try to sort the markets atleast put a reasonable ammount of effort in, gold was fine before the first packs, it went up because of the ammount of coin they made out of no where, not because of the TW income.

But what faction will want to TW without a reward? Would the world cup exist without the rewards? Would people bother to further their career if they wouldnt get a pay rise? Why do more work for the same pay? "Your going to do an extra 20 hours work this week, but your not getting paid for it" catch the drift?

The goal for many people in this game is to TW competativly, but without anything to compete for their will be no competition.

More than the rank 9 badges and mirages should be added, stuff with no NPC value but value to the players. Shards maybe, rep badges, mysterious chips, skill books, there are many options. People need something to compete for, it doesnt have to be coin but it should make the costs of a TW worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This is false.

Each of our games has its own separate dev team, and the PWI devs are in fact working hard on PWI content as we speak.

If they are working HARD on this, how come nothing has been done? Maybe you should hire smarter devs. b:bye
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Those remaining to TW only are in it for the fun.....or the killcounts for ego purposes of course. <__<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited September 2010
    b:surrendersry but i dont read every pages of the forum so i just post what i feel and a couple comments after mineb:shutup

Yeah, Asris... leave Mendy alone D: or I'll... I'll be forced to make you... kill me or something. Over and over... b:cry

b:avoid
This discussion has been closed.