double aggression on Flesh Ream /barb skills

Comments

• Zarmos - Lost City
    Zarmos - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ok, I'm going to reply 'cause there's something that has been bothering me.
    People are calling others selfish for not wanting to use their time efficiently? |:

Come on, I have friends that are barbarians, if they need help doing an instance. Sure.
    But if I'm doing mine I'm more likely to gather up a few BMs a cleric and go do the dungeon in a few minutes. That's not selfish, that's just the most time-efficient way.
    Isn't it selfish that a single person would want to slow down a whole squad by having him potentially reduce the squad's damage output by ~20%?

When it comes down to it, the people who say they chose barbarian to TANK like they're supposed to do. Get in to a TW guild, be a cata barb. No one will be able to replace you with that (...yet).
    But hell, if you complain about not getting in to instances or w/e re-roll another class and farm on that one.
    Don't BS yourself that it's hard to level either. I'm just saying, I do agree that barbs should be able to hold aggro no matter what. But the amount of useless complaining rather than constructive ideas in this topic is ridiculous.
    The game is the way it is, for now.

But to be honest, when it comes down to it. If I'm doing an instance and I have a BM in the squad that has gear/refines that can tank the instance while at the same out do a tremendous amount of damage. I will take him over a barb any day, call it selfish. But there is no way I would be willing to go slower/decrease the whole squad's profit margin just so the barb won't feel "discriminated"
    I'm sorry, selfish or not. But that's just how the game is.
    Now if it's a friend, that's a different story. But when it comes to random people playing a barb. I still stand by what I said.

Edit:

Oh yeah, on topic. I voted yes in the poll. That was what the topic was about right? I could've sworn it became a huge QQ topic about fists and damage dealing :P

This and that is all b:bye
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    People are calling others selfish for not wanting to use their time efficiently? |:

Come on, I have friends that are barbarians, if they need help doing an instance. Sure.
    But if I'm doing mine I'm more likely to gather up a few BMs a cleric and go do the dungeon in a few minutes. That's not selfish, that's just the most time-efficient way.
    Isn't it selfish that a single person would want to slow down a whole squad by having him potentially reduce the squad's damage output by ~20%?

When it comes down to it, the people who say they chose barbarian to TANK like they're supposed to do. Get in to a TW guild, be a cata barb. No one will be able to replace you with that (...yet).
    But hell, if you complain about not getting in to instances or w/e re-roll another class and farm on that one.
    Don't BS yourself that it's hard to level either. I'm just saying, I do agree that barbs should be able to hold aggro no matter what. But the amount of useless complaining rather than constructive ideas in this topic is ridiculous.

But to be honest, when it comes down to it. If I'm doing an instance and I have a BM in the squad that has gear/refines that can tank the instance while at the same out do a tremendous amount of damage. I will take him over a barb any day, call it selfish. But there is no way I would be willing to go slower/decrease the whole squad's profit margin just so the barb won't feel "discriminated"
    Now if it's a friend, that's a different story. But when it comes to random people playing a barb. I still stand by what I said.

Edit:

Oh yeah, on topic. I voted yes in the poll. That was what the topic was about right? I could've sworn it became a huge QQ topic about fists and damage dealing :P

I have to agree with this too, I dont want to agree with it, but its completely true... but only because -
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Edit:

Let me tell you something bothering me, people that say like it or reroll. You're seriously going to talk about being time-efficient then say about rerolling another char for another 90 levels because it's not possible to play a barb to end game? GTFO

Last time I check this game had 105 levels for every class, it's stupid that barbs have no roll the entire way through like every other class because of a broken interval system.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Zarmos - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Let me tell you something bothering me, people that say like it or reroll. You're seriously going to talk about being time-efficient then say about rerolling another char for another 90 levels because it's not possible to play a barb to end game? GTFO

No one said you couldn't play, you just won't hold aggro like you want to.

As already stated, "The game is the way it is...for now"
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The whole concept of "curbing their damage" is insulting to a large number of n00b DDs.

The whole concept of not letting me perma spark tank a boss and asking me to tone down my damage is archaic. Let the barb devour, let me hold aggro and DD. Things go so much faster and without problems. No more barb losing aggro causing party wipe because +10 lunar bows and fists/claws can easily steal aggro from a barb.

Why hold a party back when there isn't a problem letting a fist/claw user tank?
    Its like wizards in TT. Who wants them in TT? (unless its a faction/friendly run)

Oh, I do, certainly. Frostblade, amazing damage from frenzy sutra ultis, the best heal in the game... I can solo tank FB99 with a good wizard. Even if I'm perma sparked with my 5aps +10 claws, I can see when a wizard ulti hits because the damage just jumps down... I may be hitting for 800-20k per hit on some things, but a wiz can hit 5k-200k in those same instances... they can't out DPS, but the DPH of an end-game well geared mage with +10 or better lunar or nirvana weapon is just incredible.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    As a business and game developer you never "nerf" such a major factor in a game you "boost" other parts of the game to catch up. This gets rid of making others mad at losing the things they farmed and worked hard to save up and buy, but makes the other classes happy because they gained to re-balance the game.

This philosophy applies for aggro, but the main problem is just how far ahead -int users get ahead of their classes and others. Archers should be archers, barbs should be barbs, and so down the line. All I see is everyone getting the same -int stuff to use claws because it surpasses making their class "better" then it's natural build or gear. This game is so broken it really hurts it in the end.

I like your response the most. One way they can make tank barbs relevant again is by introducing super tough bosses that only barbs can tank them(and maybe have something worthwhile as a reward) . (even though even harpy is tanked by a sage archer from dreamweaver -.-). In that case, an aggro boost would make sense.

However, as things are now, I do not see how an aggro boost would help barbs. The problems are more than just aggro failing to catch up. And nerfing is clearly the easy way out, and the easy way for people to get mad at the game as well so the chance of a nerf is quite low tbh.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    No one said you couldn't play, you just won't hold aggro like you want to.

As already stated, "The game is the way it is...for now"

The game is currently a bunch of people begging for Barbs in WC because everyone completely dropped them since they serve "no use" after level 90. Funny part is they are all laughing at the people crying for them on their assassins or bms. The rolls in this game are not even close to equal, and the game might be the way it is...for now but that doesn't mean everyone has to like it. Thus, welcome to the countless threads about this topic.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010

Oh, I do, certainly. Frostblade, amazing damage from frenzy sutra ultis, the best heal in the game... I can solo tank FB99 with a good wizard. Even if I'm perma sparked with my 5aps +10 claws, I can see when a wizard ulti hits because the damage just jumps down... I may be hitting for 800-20k per hit on some things, but a wiz can hit 5k-200k in those same instances... they can't out DPS, but the DPH of an end-game well geared mage with +10 or better lunar or nirvana weapon is just incredible.

You are talking about an end game wiz, which to be honest would not have many reasons to farm TT. And if what you are saying is true(that wizards are so amazing in instances), then why do we get all the QQs about wizards getting into TTs and what nots?

BH(think fb BH instead of warsong BH or delta BH) is different, everyone needs them, no one care if theres 5 clerics in the party -.-

And you are going off topic again -.- make your own bragging thread or something
  • Zarmos - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    The game is currently a bunch of people begging for Barbs in WC because everyone completely dropped them since they serve "no use" after level 90. Funny part is they are all laughing at the people crying for them on their assassins or bms. The rolls in this game are not even close to equal, and the game might be the way it is...for now but that doesn't mean everyone has to like it. Thus, welcome to the countless threads about this topic.

Touche (can't make that e needed for the actual spelling lol)
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2010

I feel that way too. All I hear on WC are barbs being needed especially BH69 b:surrender. I love barbs, and we need them. I like the idea of uniqueness of each class.
  • Zarmos - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    I feel that way too. All I hear on WC are barbs being needed especially BH69 b:surrender. I love barbs, and we need them. I like the idea of uniqueness of each class.

Well for bh69 if they can't keep aggro then they really suck at their class because at bh69 no one will have 2.5 atk spd. b:bye
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Well for bh69 if they can't keep aggro then they really suck at their class because at bh69 no one will have 2.5 atk spd. b:bye

Who would want to level their barbs if they are aware of the fact that barbs turns into cata pullers and squad buffers at their end game?
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Dude what are you talking about?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010

Barb got 3m a few weeks ago just to go on a delta AND he got a charm too plus drops in there. It's sad right now for finding barbs at things they are actually needed in.

He was saying just finding a barb not the fact they don't keep aggro. I get asked 2-3 times a day about helping on a bh69 x.x
    Who would want to level their barbs if they are aware of the fact that barbs turns into cata pullers and squad buffers at their end game?

The game better fix some stuff up or all the BMs that say they can tank everything will be getting a reality check soon :))
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The main point is a damage dealer needs to learn how to deal the optimum amount of damage without grabbing aggro. This can take a lot of effort to actually master, particularly when you consider the skill level that varies from barb to barb, and while one barb will be able to let you get away with a lot more, another of the same level may not.

I do have to agree, however, that with the onset of +12, Warsoul, hugely stackable -interval and -chan, and other such things, some minor edits need to be made to the barb's aggro skills.

you might have been commented on here.
    but sorry, im tired to read full 10+ pages.

if i can choose 100 BM with crazy gear who is afraid to steal and doesnt DD much, or 90BM who goes full out and still doesnt steal for Warsong.
    id really take 90BM, not the 100Chicken.

well, i sure agree that they need to know not to QQ when they steal aggro, but surely increasing aggro effects on barb will let everyone in peace.

Btw, why only flesh ream? just increase other human skills aggro as well.
    and just in case, BMs aggro skill as well.

ah, another one. i want my herc to tank more, not with roar but with bash.
    100 BM and wiz easily steal on ? bosses. aint fun at all cuz they just die without cleric noticing.
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    To my fellow barbs out there~
    If you want to tank bosses, do what you have to to tank bosses(IE using claws to hold aggro). Its not called rerolling its called adapting to the situation. Sit around and be useless if you want LOL...
    My example, re-stat to claws during the week to farm and make money and enjoy how your class has evolved in pvp. And re-stat during the weekend for serious tw wars when they really need you. To pull catapult.
    Other than that its no point in basing your build around HP atm. Even with the jones blessing currently out perdition hits as if i don't have 200 dex. Believe me, even if you have to re-stat every weekend to vit build;if your 4.0 or higher and 100+ you are bound to make 3-4x the amount it costs to re-stat those points in and out. Not to mention it rapidly increases your farming rate.

Be a barb and tank stuff~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    To my fellow barbs out there~
    If you want to tank bosses, do what you have to to tank bosses(IE using claws to hold aggro). Its not called rerolling its called adapting to the situation. Sit around and be useless if you want LOL...
    My example, re-stat to claws during the week to farm and make money and enjoy how your class has evolved in pvp. And re-stat during the weekend for serious tw wars when they really need you. To pull catapult.
    Other than that its no point in basing your build around HP atm. Even with the jones blessing currently out perdition hits as if i don't have 200 dex. Believe me, even if you have to re-stat every weekend to vit build;if your 4.0 or higher and 100+ you are bound to make 3-4x the amount it costs to re-stat those points in and out. Not to mention it rapidly increases your farming rate.

Be a barb and tank stuff~

And become completely useless for things like delta and pulling cata so that way no one is left, no thanks. My faction appreciates me taking a stand i'll get my runs as a result because they know i'm always there for delta and other things. :)
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Last time I check this game had 105 levels for every class, it's stupid that barbs have no roll the entire way through like every other class because of a broken interval system.

Can't you see how you're contradicting yourself?

"not possible to play a barb to end game?"

It IS possible, as stated before. Re-stat and use fists. But no you don't like that option.

"it's stupid that barbs have no roll the entire way through."

They have a roll, as I said. You will still be able to be the main cata puller in TWs. And you can still be the tank in squads that don't have anyone out DDing you. We are not quite at the point where 5 APS is the norm for every BM/Archer like Herc/Nix is for Venos now.

If you go back to this topic's main point, barbs should be able to hold aggro no matter what. But would squads STILL prefer to take a barb to any instance/squad over another DD that will have easily 5 times the barbs damage output? (We are talking about a barb that refuses to re-stat for fists and is a pure tank build).
    I'm sorry, but I think you just got your toes stepped on 'cause I made sense in my previous post.

IN THIS CURRENT SITUATION, THE GAME DOES NOT REQUIRE A BARB FOR THE HIGHER LEVEL INSTANCES.

Now you can get pissed at me or anyone else and telling them to "GTFO" for stating the obvious and telling you to roll another char if you want to be included in a lot of the "new-age" way of doing stuff.
    Or you can just be at peace with it and either swallow down your pride and actually re-stat for fists/claws, re-roll another char or you can keep complaining and whining about how unfair it is.
    As for the people looking desperately for a barb in WC. I don't now where you've been all this time, but the ratio of squads to barbs available has always been horrible. It's not just since the interval gear came out. It's always been people desperately looking for a barb or cleric |:

What it comes down to at the moment. People are complaining about damage output. It's not even about -interval gear anymore. It's about all the highly refined weapons. A barb won't be able to match any damage that comes from any +10-12 Lunar/Nirvana weapons. Being it from an Assassin, Psy, BM, Archer or Wiz.
    And if anyone is expecting PWI to just increase damage for barbs while they are already perfectly capable of also utilizing the -interval gear available to them.
    They have another thing coming to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010

It IS possible, as stated before. Re-stat and use fists. But no you don't like that option.

They have a roll, as I said. You will still be able to be the main cata puller in TWs. And you can still be the tank in squads that don't have anyone out DDing you. We are not quite at the point where 5 APS is the norm for every BM/Archer like Herc/Nix is for Venos now.

If you go back to this topic's main point, barbs should be able to hold aggro no matter what. But would squads STILL prefer to take a barb to any instance/squad over another DD that will have easily 5 times the barbs damage output? (We are talking about a barb that refuses to re-stat for fists and is a pure tank build).
    I'm sorry, but I think you just got your toes stepped on 'cause I made sense in my previous post.

IN THIS CURRENT SITUATION, THE GAME DOES NOT REQUIRE A BARB FOR THE HIGHER LEVEL INSTANCES.

Now you can get pissed at me or anyone else and telling them to "GTFO" for stating the obvious and telling you to roll another char if you want to be included in a lot of the "new-age" way of doing stuff.
    Or you can just be at peace with it and either swallow down your pride and actually re-stat for fists/claws, re-roll another char or you can keep complaining and whining about how unfair it is.
    As for the people looking desperately for a barb in WC. I don't now where you've been all this time, but the ratio of squads to barbs available has always been horrible. It's not just since the interval gear came out. It's always been people desperately looking for a barb or cleric |:

What it comes down to at the moment. People are complaining about damage output. It's not even about -interval gear anymore. It's about all the highly refined weapons. A barb won't be able to match any damage that comes from any +10-12 Lunar/Nirvana weapons. Being it from an Assassin, Psy, BM, Archer or Wiz.
    And if anyone is expecting PWI to just increase damage for barbs while they are already perfectly capable of also utilizing the -interval gear available to them.

First quote was me summarizing your post not my opinion so no i'm not contradicting myself. I have a way to keep playing and I'm lucky I can keep playing due to my awesome faction and faction mates.

The problem with the second quote is since the packs barb's roll has been eliminated and it used to have an equal roll. Most barbs refuse to go any higher then +5 on their gear due to their being no point. With this fact you don't need a 5.0 or a 4.0 even most assassins at 3.0 take and keep aggro due to attack levels.

No instance requires a barb, but it certainly helps the DDs ease of mind to have a barb instead of a BM trying to keep aggro from them (especially without mass -int gear on).

I'd be more upset if I was a BM then a Barb at this point. It's not a point of just me, it's all barbs at 5.0 can use YOUR natural weapon and do more damage then YOU, and if you think that makes any sense to you then b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ... take nirvana axes with zerk and +10-12 + some -int gears ... i wanna see the archer that takes aggro from u, unless he has hh100 fists +10 and 5aps lol
  • Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Assume BMs nomore have the option to use Claws/Fists. It'll be U Qqing in the place of Barbs.
    Every Class is to be played as its designed to be. Ok, people steal aggro, 5 aps has ruined the balance; I know its become hard in this current PWI to tank if u dont have Claw/Fists..but hey, making the barbs adapt to the Claw/Fist builds is NOT the solution.
    Also, going by ur last para, it doesnt seem u really got what OP's trying to say. Damage Output & Aggro level r two different things. If sum1 (not u, 'sum1' in general) really thinks Barbs hold aggro coz of the bleed effect on Flesh Ream, then they r totally stupid. how can a crappy DoT skill help retain aggro compared to DDs? Its the technical stuff behind it...Flesh Ream is designed to increase aggro lvl of the barb. But the recent invasion of lunar claws & the madness that it started making almost all BMs (and even archers) go Fists/Claws. Yeah Dmg Output helps increase aggro over a mob/boss but there r specific skills given to barbs that make them the tank. its the aggro lvl that matters, but since our best (and only. Devour doesnt really count) skill got its max lvl at 54, u can see how its making it hard for barbs to compete in this recent cashshoppers' pwi.
    Making Barbs switch to weapons that they arent meant to just coz every1 does, ISNT the solution. One thing I'll like to suggest in case Devs dont care abt giving us better aggro-holding skills is that, Make all the end-game bosses atleast a bit hard. Make every boss in each instance hit as hard as the bosses in Warsong do.
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Eh, just make it so that barbs can use claws in Tiger form, problem solved?
  • Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Eh, just make it so that barbs can use claws in Tiger form, problem solved?

Or, this can do
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Do I think it needs to be fixed? Yes. Will it be fixed? No. Developers for PWI are in China. We get our patches from PW-CN, while the USA team does the translations, marketing, etc. What the OP stated is a suggestion, and although I completely agree w/ it, unless you post on PW-CNs website in Chinese, and can read/write Chinese... The Chines devs won't even hear your suggestion.
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    they need to fix it, if they don't they killed the main tank class. Whats next? the physics are gonna have a new skill thats better then IH?
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    b:chuckle 12 pages

seems like some people still miss the point aggro =/= damage

i dont think anyone want a fat hairy white 20k hp nix lol

just give barbs a chance to play the class after lvl100, and clerics time to relax on a greater hp pool without wasting time by gimping the DDs (who can tank too in the first place anyways)
    i like potato
  • DivineClaw - Raging Tide
    DivineClaw - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    when i read this polls topic i really wanted to quit and start again as a bm but then i thought about it.first not every one is a cash shoper and not every one can get lunar claw +10 and even if he got those he ll need to spend more cash to get good armor to keep up with the bosses damage( no point in being a tank if you cant take the damage) .i dont think every end game bm can replace us .i think there are a few bms with high refined -int gear and +5 to +10 lunar claw .archers ,psychics and assassins can take aggro to but they wont stand the damage (unless with godly gear) .so im not quiting my barb and i still find barbs needed a lot on WC for tt/bh/gamma/delta and fc .the only bms that replace us are ones that CS a lot b:surrender.also i voted yes ,better aggro holding will make things easier b:victory
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    And some people still think that increasing damage != increasing aggro =.=

The only way a barb can keep carrying out his job in front of 5 aps DDs would probably be getting a warsoul axe -.-

all clerics would prefer a DD tank, (they can duo or trio it, less men more share) for a money run

@hex
    can you guarantee people will use tank barbs if their aggro is increased? or would people stick to DD tanks who can possibly cut down the time taken by alot? increasing aggro is one thing, but there are other problems that cannot be solved by increasing aggro alone.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    it would definitely benefit their egos and prevent further barbs from quitting :P
    you DO need them sometimes
    and not all super-dds have outstanding def/hp....

uhm divine

its bms, archers and stabbiefish who use int-melee attacks
    archers, fish usually have higher aps due to rank5+ tops (those lvl 60 tops with low def..)
    psychs are some kinda non-factor compared to them

some archer told me he deals 8 times the damage on +5deicide Claw he deals with +8 Lunar Bow

uhm quoting +12 nirvana barbarian RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    Go fist barb if you wanna be tank at end game. Even with a highly refined axe, you won't take agro from 5aps users.
    i like potato
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    no.
    if you do this, barbs would have to tank in true form which is away from what it is now
    the ideal end game tank have to tank with stacked interval fist or claw and making flesh ream 2 times as effective would be promoting the wrong idea ie you have to stay in true form and tank while dealing less damage(as a sage and beacuse all the time used in spamming fleshream would be better spent in fisting the boss to death)

so a big no from me.

But some of us are demon and when we get our demon true form, we dun really care if DD in tiggy =). But meh, seriously been wondering to restat on claws, holding aggro otherwise is just ridiculous amounts of work and with some DDs, it`s not enough. Either go troll on other threads or let us demons have something kewl =).
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
This discussion has been closed.