double aggression on Flesh Ream /barb skills

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Make normal attacks generate less threat as well. They did that for assassin skills in a patch soon after Tideborns came out I think, do it to a greater degree, for everyone's normal attacks.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Make normal attacks generate less threat as well. They did that for assassin skills in a patch soon after Tideborns came out I think, do it to a greater degree, for everyone's normal attacks.

You might as well remove aggro from the game if you want to do this. Wheres the challenge then for a regular squad?

One thing I would liek to note is that most of you talk like majority of the people playing are end game DDs with some aps. What about those casual players who farm TT for fun?
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    that will still not help a barb keep aggro away from wizards.
    I've been told numerous times by barbs that they hate my +10 Neon.
    I'm not stealing aggro unless I know I can tank, but since I can tank almost everything I don't really care lately.
    I'm actually sorry for barbs and yeah, I wish their aggro skills at least at 11 to generate some mo-fo aggro lvl. Otherwise they are pretty much useless unless they are permasparked fists build

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You might as well remove aggro from the game if you want to do this. Wheres the challenge then for a regular squad?

One thing I would liek to note is that most of you talk like majority of the people playing are end game DDs with some aps. What about those casual players who farm TT for fun?

For NORMAL ATTACK (it will only affect physical classes like bow/xbow users and fist users with high aps with normal attacks).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    And if a cata barb doesn't get in faction runs, they will leave for another faction. They are a key char in TW, so not threating them nicely ( like taking them to nirvana/TT ) would mean you would fail in TW. so that is not a viable option.

on 100lvl u need few hundreds of millions for gear

= u need to farm a lot

cata barb will have problems to find babysiting squad who will take buff monkey to 1000 nirvana/tt runs so he can parasite and earn 300m lol

sure big faction will help with gear/refines, but wont earn everything for guy b:faint
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Pure_Black - Harshlands
    Pure_Black - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You assume too much here. They cna be like you, having a BM alt so the BM alt farms everything for the barb. People can get attached emotionally to a faction too you know.

and people also get emotionally attached about stuff that once was and just isn't now anymore. Learn to cope with the changes instead of saying the change is bad.

being emotionally attached to a faction is good, it grows a good bond between people. so the other fact that someone stated ( can't remember who ) that "who would take a useless barb on TT/nirvana" is not legit.

i'm merely poking around between you all to read between the lines. It's an online game which you can play how you want it. But game mechanics are the boundaries which you have to respect. And game boundaries just doesn't allow aggro holding by aggro skills alone after 95+

end-game everything changes. This is how it's supposed to be. the difference between the old days and now is these days is that the DD's can actually tank, and in the old days they would just die when they took aggro. aggro taking back then was just as easy, wizard rips through aggro when they crit back then. so all the points made here are not valid.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    and people also get emotionally attached about stuff that once was and just isn't now anymore. Learn to cope with the changes instead of saying the change is bad.

end-game everything changes. This is how it's supposed to be. the difference between the old days and now is these days is that the DD's can actually tank, and in the old days they would just die when they took aggro. aggro taking back then was just as easy, wizard rips through aggro when they crit back then. so all the points made here are not valid.

Then cope with the changes.If you want to be as good as a DD as the fist BM or fist Archer in squad, make a DD barb.

And if other classes can tank as well, there is no need for a barb if his only reason to be in the instance is to absorb repair fee and be a squad buffer. More beneficial for the squad to replace the barb with another DD, things will go way faster.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Barbs still have the best buffs, aoe aggro skills, physical defense debuff, physical attack debuff, and can interrupt. That's better than most classes can offer, even if they aren't tanking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited July 2010
    and then, one day, all cata barbs will quit and psys will pull catas b:chuckle

@Aster

it s still not enough

and bms can interupt with genie or just spark

11lvl cleric debuff is 40% compared to 50% devour

and as cleric i would tolerate (even like actually) cata barbs in tt/nirvana if they would be able to keep aggro.

i remember some run with cata cat some time ago where i healed guy like total 7 times during 1st boss in 3-3

and i could just pew pew pew pew... <3
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    They should scale aggression to how hard you mash the buttons, or how mad you are when you push them...maybe have a special chant you use when you use FR like, "Feel the wrath of my marshmallow claws...rawr...!!" >_>

In all seriousness PW is in dire need of mechanic updates.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pure_Black - Harshlands
    Pure_Black - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Then cope with the changes.If you want to be as good as a DD as the fist BM or fist Archer in squad, make a DD barb.

And if other classes can tank as well, there is no need for a barb if his only reason to be in the instance is to absorb repair fee and be a squad buffer. More beneficial for the squad to replace the barb with another DD, things will go way faster.

and now you know exactly how every wizard feels from level 1, ty for seeing both sides ( yours and mine )

You might be using alot of sarcasm ( which i obviously miss in this case ), it's just how things are these days.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Flesh ream is already imbalanced in pvp, dealing full damage like nix. You want another QQ on bleed?

We're talking about the barb skill, not the pet skill. I'm fairly certain they're both different, just as Roar is different for the barb and for pets. And the request is for increased threat generation, not increased damage. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    refine based aggro would work , and its like the scaling that micheal_dark wants. It is a fair scaling because look at how much a normal DD would have to spend to become aggro stealer dd. But then again, you want more cash shop interference in the game? A perfect mmo cash shop should only provides vanity items like fashion in order not to spoil the balance the game has.

With the packs in the game, I honestly don't even care. And having a barb with +5 stuff tanking when DDs got +10 WOULD be imbalance too, just not as bad as now. It just won't work without refine balancing or something.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited July 2010
    i run alot of TT where a barb is required.

Barb isn't necessary unless you're doing Crystal Terror... b:bye
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Who needs a barb when you have Micheal_dark b:shocked

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9063462&postcount=29 b:bye
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    think like a barb:
    >my damage sucks hell why should i refine my weapon high
    its not like i get blasting results<
    the strongest barb attack is affected by hp, so they most likely go for better armors :d

ohai u like to take wizards in your TT/Nirvana runs b:chuckle?

i like to play my class, the way it was meant to be lol, i guess same way goes for barbs

difference is, they can be made a bit more useful without interfering in pvp balance b:chuckle
    i like potato
    edited July 2010
    Who needs a barb when you have Micheal_dark b:shocked

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9063462&postcount=29 b:bye

My last BH100 Abaddon squad was wined by someone known as a scammer... they said, oh I'm wining so I get all the drops, proceded to boot everyone from party and then reformed in free mode. I didn't have much of a problem with it, except it was kind of a weasel move... so we went around to the tree boss... I said, I'll go ahead and clear the way to the BH boss while they tried to kill the tree boss. They died a few times as I lol'd. So I went with my friend to the 3rd FB boss to open the gate. We kill it without a cleric... my charm doesn't even tick, mage heals ftw. They caught up to us on the path to the BH boss and said... "wtf??? you killed that boss?" I said yeah, and then they replied "did it drop anything I could sell"... my friend said "go look, we didn't pick anything up". I haven't laughed so hard in a while. It did drop a couple of 3* items too. We just left them to disappear. b:bye
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I vote yes. Barbarians are dieing out. Not because they aren't fun, but simply because they don't have a role end-game. I hardly had barbarians for Frost and the only time I've squad a barbarian for Twilight or Nirvana he is lv.100 with 4,0atk/sec and lunar claws... so yeah. Blademasters tank better because the boss dies faster (more heaven's flames and more fists). Barbarians need help in terms of PvE. I believe they still do fine in PvP.

But then again wizards and psychics - even venomancers - are unpopular in Twilight/Nirvana squads. They simply don't compare to 3,33+ atk/sec. Should they get a boost in PvE as well? How about making channel linear like interval? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grindcore - Raging Tide
    Grindcore - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    How about making channel linear like interval? b:bye

Trust me when I say this, you think the QQ about -interval is bad? It would be 100x worse seeing every other wizard/cleric/psychic who have no channeling, PvP wise, that is.

And whoever said no, doesn't know how to play a barb, at all. They need to keep their agro on bosses. Or else, a DD steals agro, DD dies, squad wipe. More QQ.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    OWWWWWWW!
    b:chuckle

LOL here's what ill do: if a DD steals aggro from barb, the cleric should let the DD die anyways. Tank is more important PERIOD
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Trust me when I say this, you think the QQ about -interval is bad? It would be 100x worse seeing every other wizard/cleric/psychic who have no channeling, PvP wise, that is.

And whoever said no, doesn't know how to play a barb, at all. They need to keep their agro on bosses. Or else, a DD steals agro, DD dies, squad wipe. More QQ.

I think the 2 who voted no just did so to be different I dont see anyone here raising any valid points that the barb should not have his role returned to him.

I just get the feeling alot as a barb that we are only needed to raise 5 aps lvl's once we do that we are not needed anymore all this talk of not taking a barb to Lunar or Nirvana is nuts and greedy and I would not wanna squad with people like that anyway to be honest.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I think the 2 who voted no just did so to be different I dont see anyone here raising any valid points that the barb should not have his role returned to him.

I just get the feeling alot as a barb that we are only needed to raise 5 aps lvl's once we do that we are not needed anymore all this talk of not taking a barb to Lunar or Nirvana is nuts and greedy and I would not wanna squad with people like that anyway to be honest.

I like barbs, so I say YES to power up aggro skills.
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    no.
    if you do this, barbs would have to tank in true form which is away from what it is now
    the ideal end game tank have to tank with stacked interval fist or claw and making flesh ream 2 times as effective would be promoting the wrong idea ie you have to stay in true form and tank while dealing less damage(as a sage and beacuse all the time used in spamming fleshream would be better spent in fisting the boss to death)

so a big no from me.

And so forcing every Barb to go Claw when it was never intended to? Talk about Balance GENIUS!
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    barb where made to be the tank of a party but its almost impossable these days with the interval stuff.. a sin doesnt even have to be 95+ to jag aggro easy. and still some ppl blaim the barb that they die (or squad gets whiped) because he didnt hold aggro.. in the past ppl used to be able to control their dding but these days ppl dont know how to.

i tend to let such ppl die when i tank, if they dont want to control their dd for not jagging aggro all the time they can have the aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010

it s not greedy - it s just logic

it is natural that if lets say u wanna do trio nirvana/tt money run, then you will pick from 5aps friends usually.

i enjoy doing tt/nirvana with other friends ofc, but when i wanna make quick money i ask some claw barb and veno friends and we do 3-3 in hour b:chuckle

and dont tell me ur better than me. unless u take other barbs to TT instead of DDs

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    And so forcing every Barb to go Claw when it was never intended to? Talk about Balance GENIUS!

Just ignore it lol, barbs shouldn't tank in true form? I just dismissed it as a troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    and dont tell me ur better than me. unless u take other barbs to TT instead of DDs

I do faction runs when it comes to TT and have done it sevrel times with other barbs I would go with 5 barbs and a cleric I play for fun and experiance trying not to become money hungry as IMO thats a downwards spiral.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    [PHP][/PHP]

b:puzzled Aren't tigers & wolves supposed to have claws?
    barb where made to be the tank of a party but its almost impossable these days with the interval stuff.. a sin doesnt even have to be 95+ to jag aggro easy. and still some ppl blaim the barb that they die (or squad gets whiped) because he didnt hold aggro.. in the past ppl used to be able to control their dding but these days ppl dont know how to.

i tend to let such ppl die when i tank, if they dont want to control their dd for not jagging aggro all the time they can have the aggro.

With the current gear a lot of ppl are running around those same DDs can tank the bosses better than a barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    it s not greedy - it s just logic

it is natural that if lets say u wanna do trio nirvana/tt money run, then you will pick from 5aps friends usually.

i enjoy doing tt/nirvana with other friends ofc, but when i wanna make quick money i ask some claw barb and veno friends and we do 3-3 in hour b:chuckle

para! take me and some random sage barb for a 3-3 run D:

we gonna make >Quick< money u will see!

b:chuckle
    i like potato
  • SilentGodai - Lost City
    SilentGodai - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It would be nice if tank does get more threat from flesh realm. But whats wrong with fist barb full interval or bm with bloodpaint for tanking.
This discussion has been closed.